Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2207

Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 4:15 am

Two bundles of herbs rested before Dovesight's paws. Traveling herbs. One of which she swallowed down herself. Today, she was preparing to take another apprentice to speak with StarClan. Brookpaw had been an apprentice for quite some time. It was time the molly got a chance to speak with her ancestors. And so, with the herbs in her maw, the medicine cat went to wake Brookpaw so that their journey may begin.

With each trip Dovesight took to the moonstone, the path became more familiar, and her steps more confident as she led the way. It felt like Dovesight could navigate the route with her eyes closed at this point. Soon they reached the stone, the moon high over head casting it's brilliant glow.

"Touch the moonstone with your nose. StarClan will greet you when you wake up."

Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 10:28 am

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

Brookpaw had awoken with an exaggerated yawn and a long stretch. Even with her groggy mind, she could feel her excitement rolling off her in waves. Today, she was finally given the privilege to travel to the Moonstone and speak with a Starclan can. Because of this, however, she was also feeling a tad melancholy and nervous. She hoped to finally meet her mother or see her father or Duckkit again. She had missed her immediate family a lot and just wanted to tell them all about her training. She truly hoped they were proud of her. She was trying her best each and every day. Hopefully, if she met her mother, she'd like how she turned out. Brookapw had been told that her mother had passed away during the birth of her kits. In a way, this would be as if she was opening her eyes for the first time and actually seeing the smiling face of her mother who was more than ready to raise her kits instead of a cold, empty nest and only her sister wriggling desperately beside her. She'd never met her mother and she hoped that the streak would end today.

After having eaten the bundle of bitter herbs that Dovesight had prepared for her, she licked her mouth and nodded at the young medicine cat. "I'm ready," was all she said before Brookpaw was led out of the camp. She took a deep breath and let it out. It was time to make her nest and lie in it—so to speak.

The journey to the mystical stone had been a long and tiring one but Brookpaw had had a great time getting to see what lay beyond her clan's borders—perhaps even see what was beyond the clans themselves. It was only a taste but it had been a good one. She hoped to be able to see a little more one day. For now, they had a task to finish. She can think about all this at a later date.

Sucking in a breath as her eyes set upon the glowing rock, she carefully stepped up to it after Dovesight had instructed her on what to do. She plopped herself down and eyed the Moonstone before tentatively pressing her nose to it. She shivered at the cold surface but suddenly began to have a hard time keeping her eyes open. Before long, she could no longer struggle against Starclan's pull and her world dove into a peaceful darkeness.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 11:44 am

It seemed the stars would grant the young apprentice her wish as to just who they would allow her to meet. A scene not too different from Riverclan would unfold, though while it appeared the same, it was the hints of twinkles of stars that would give away that it wasn't quite Riverclan.

Soon enough, a starry molly would be brought to view. A tall, sleek, vibrant she-cat, with silver-kissed appendages and face. To twolegs, she'd be called a lilac pointe siamese. But to anyone who knew her? She was known as Mallowmist. A curious warrior from when Jaystar had been around, one who had died during kitting. That wasn't the most important fact of all, though, absolutely not. No, the most important fact was that she was the mother of the she-cat taking the journey to the Moonstone.

The moment her blue gaze settled onto her daughter, it softened. It was almost impossible for tears to not well into her eyes, and her paws immediately carried her as fast as she could to the brown tabby. "My baby!" Pure joy rang out in her voice, and the moment she was before the young apprentice, her tail immediately wrapped around the young she-cat's frame. Not to mention her nose gently pressing into her forehead, bringing the apprentice into as close to an embrace as she could. "My sweet, sweet little Brookpaw..."

Once the mother was done reminiscing into her own joys, it hit her: Brookpaw wouldn't exactly know who she was. "Starclan has finally let me meet you... My sweet daughter. I'm your mother, Mallowmist. And... I couldn't be more proud of you."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 12:32 pm

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

Blinking her eyes awake, the young brown tabby sat up, a bit disoriented. Her head felt a bit fuzzy but as soon as she was clearly thinking again, she felt a rise of panic before softly giggling in relief. For a moment there, she had thought that Starclan had somehow shoved her away and had placed her back on Riverclan soil. However, the more she looked at her surroundings, the more in awe she became. She was in Starclan. She just happened to be brought to a place that looked very similar to her home. However, that wouldn't be the biggest surprise she'd receive that day.

Before she could even process much, Brookpaw was startled by a sudden voice then a blurry figure rushing over to her then pulling her into an embrace. Her blue eyes were wide and she felt herself stiffen. She had almost pulled away instantly but something about this made her tough attitude melt away—she herself was melting into the embrace. Whoever this was made her feel things. She was scared but also wasn't. They had no ill intentions it seemed so that had made her relax even further. It was all so confusing to her but her questions finally received their much needed answers.

The mystery she-cat's words had finally processed and she pulled away with a gasp to get a better look at her. The she-cat, Mallowmist, was very pretty. Her heart constricted and she felt her throat tighten as she gazed upon the face of her mother. She tried to say something, anything but no words left her. She tried to blink away the tears that were escaping but it was much too late for that. "Mama," she whispered hoarsely. She offered a shaky smile. "L-Look mama. I-I see you." At that point, she couldn't fend off the sob that had broken through her defenses. her whole frame shook as she pressed herself against Mallowmist in desperation. She buried her face in the older molly's chest. She never wanted to leave. She finally had her wish. It was something she'd been looking forward to since she was a kit.

Some time passed before Brookpaw had calmed down enough. Her head was whirling and she felt a tad overwhelmed. She carefully lifted her face and stared up at her mother. She wanted to remember what she looked like—wanted to remember what she sounded like. "M-Mama? I- You said you were proud of me? Are you always watching me? Are pa a-and Duckkit doing the same thing? Are they watching me too? I-I've always dreamed of this. I've always wanted to see you. I've always wanted you to be proud of me and hearing you say it is so surreal. It's almost like a dream b-but I know it's not..." She trailed off as her eyes turned to stare ahead. "You'll be there? At my warrior ceremony? You and pa and Duckkit? Will you see me earn my warrior name?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 2:52 pm

As her daughter recognized her, it seemed all of the motherly instincts that were inside of the late warrior exploded out of her chest. She held her kit close, grooming her head as she sobbed into her chest. A comforting purr also came from her starry form, and she wanted to do nothing more than to comfort Brookpaw in that moment. To assure her that yes, her mother was here with her. No, she wouldn't be going anywhere, not if she could help it. A smile widened hearing her daughter's voice, speaking to her as she believed that Mallowmist truly was her mother.

Mallowmist simply kept grooming Brookpaw's head until she calmed. She treasured the moments that she had with her, even if this was the first moment she truly got to spend. "I am so proud of you, Brookpaw. Of course I'm watching over you." The former warrior purred, nuzzling her daughter. All she wanted to do was to continue to nuzzle, comfort, and embrace Brookpaw. To never leave her side. "The way you look after Poppyshine's kits, calling them all 'little fishies.' It's so precious. How hard you train, how much you want to learn about the world... all of it." Love shimmered in her blue gaze. "Yes, Otterdance and Duckkit watch over you too... same with your other siblings, who you never got to meet." Her voice became saddened for just a moment. There were four little lives that hadn't lasted much longer beyond birth than her own did. But it only meant that Brookpaw had so many rooting for her up in the stars, so many that cared about her. Even if they no longer walked the forest beside her, they would always be there for her.

"I wouldn't miss your warrior ceremony for the world, my little Brook. You've worked so hard to earn it, how could I miss it?" Even if it was broad daytime, she'd fight the powers beyond her own as a member of Starclan to watch from above. She knew Otterdance and Duckkit would, too. All of them. "I love you so, so much little Brook. You've done so well."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 1:40 am

🪨【Brookpaw】🪨

For the first time ever, Brookpaw could feel her heart practically soar! Her mother was wonderful! She was like what Brook had expected a mother to be like and more! Every word that Mallowmist spoke soothed the young molly's worries. She was never alone. She now knew that she had more siblings than just Duckkit! How awesome is that? She had a loving family that would always be there for her no matter what. She was never truly alone and it was about time she understood that.

She couldn't help but beam up at Mallowmist. "T-Thank you, mama! I can't wait for my ceremony! Now that I know you guys will be watchin' me, I want it to be even sooner than ever!" she gushed excitedly. "You also mentioned that I had other siblings. What were their names? O-Oh! Can you tell pa that Storm and Grebe have joined his group? Like the one where you gotta have "dance" in your name to be in it?" She chuckled playfully and shook her head. "I'm kiddin'! I like all their names actually. I hope mine's just as good. Somethin' that's totally me!"

Calming down her eager self, Brookpaw sighed contently. "I'll miss ya, mama. I know that you and the others will be watchin' me b-but it's just that you're all so far away." She pressed herself against the older she-cat with a wistful smile. "Have ya talked to Mapleleaf? Her kits and Owlshriek miss her a lot. I feel sad every time I see them lookin' so down..."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey   Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Brookpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: