Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

minnowfin's leader ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

minnowfin's leader ceremony Empty
PostSubject: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 20:51

Highstone’s rocky formation coming into view, Minnowfin felt his heart thumping against his chest. Reaching the mouth of the cave, he plunged into the darkness, feeling his way until a white light broke through the emptiness. I’m here. Lowering himself onto the cold stone, he touched his nose to the Moonstone and entered the dream.

Adjusting to his new surroundings with a couple blinks, the tom saw that he was bathed in light, not from the moonstone, but from the glowing bodies of Starclan who had assembled all around him. Sitting up, Minnowfin longed to give an explanation as to why it had taken him so long to come here. His guilt must have shown in his eyes because he felt a tail tip brush his shoulder, and he was met with his mother’s voice in his ear. A reassuring “We know.” was all she said, continued by his father’s voice from among the crowd. “We could not be prouder of who you’ve become. It is time for you to receive your nine lives.

I’m ready.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 20:53

1. Ferretfang [NPC] - Courage (Downfive)

From the starry crowd around Minnowfin, a cat stepped forward. Really, it was more of a hop; the calico bounced into view, rocking on her pads for a moment before settling down gingerly. She looked more like an overgrown hare than a cat, having to bend her neck back slightly to look at the to-be leader, with her ears- just slightly too large for her head -rotated forward with interest. For an uncomfortably long and quiet time, she just stared at the tom, unspeaking and unblinking; and as she stared, she pushed again onto her toes and leaned steadily forward until there was little more than a breath separating their noses. Boundaries firmly ignored, the she-cat seemed pleased and settled down again, nodding hard and fast enough to make her ears bounce.

”To be honest, little minnow, I was unsure about giving you this life.” Her nose twitched, and her pale green eyes narrowed, studying. ”Though, don’t take that too personally. It’s not that I don’t think you’re ready for it, or anything. I just wanted to be certain. I wanted to look in your eyes.” She nodded again, only once this time. She didn’t divulge what she had seen in Minnowfin’s features, or say anything else on her uncertainty. Shifting her weight, she cleared her throat and prepared herself to deliver the life properly.

”My name is Ferretfang. You don’t know me- I was a warrior seasons before your time. I’ve seen many things change in the forest, both in life and in my afterlife. I’ve known and loved many cats, and I’ve lost many as well. I’ve cared for many cats, and I’ve fought in many battles, war and skirmish alike. I suppose that is as good a segue as any for the life I’m meant to give you. Does that sound alright, Minnowfin? Don’t answer- that’s rhetorical.

“Minnowfin, here I give you the life of courage. Yes, I used the time I spent flexing my claws as a transition… but don’t be so daft as to think that is what courage means. Sure, when the day comes where you must lead your Clan into battle, you will need to be resolute to do it- no warrior with a good head on their shoulders is going to fight for a leader who stands on the front lines shivering and mewling like a kit. You’ll need bravery then but, well, that’s obvious, isn’t it? The life I have for you is a little more specific than that. There’s courage in sharing tongues with the quiet apprentice who won’t talk to others; in standing before your Clan to conduct ceremonies, to seek their opinion on important matters, to invite them into the world of leadership. There’s courage in seeking council, and there’s courage in having faith in your loved ones.”

Ferretfang’s words stopped, and the corners of her maw drew into a thin line. Then, a heartbeat later, her expression twitched into a smile. ”The greatest courage is to love others, and let them love you. The fearlessness when you know they are standing behind you- that is the essence of the life I give you. Do not be afraid to bear claws and fangs, and be equally unafraid to be soft, gentle.” Rising once more onto her pads, Ferretfang touched her nose to Minnowfin’s as gently as she could. Despite the soft warmth of her message, the life she granted went searing through her into the slight tom, like lightning streaking to earth and striking dry wood. When the heat had subsided from her- nevermind whether Minnowfin had recovered or not -she padded backwards, tail waving over her back. ”Good luck, little minnow. I have faith.” She smiled, all teeth, then turned and bounced away.

Minnowfin was left with rattling bones, bristling fur, and thoughts about the strange warrior. Courage. he repeated. Forcing his fur to lie flat again, he composed himself to receive his second life.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 20:55

2. Ashstar - Friendship (Ash)

The next cat to step forward was definitely older, compared to some of the cats that Minnowfin knew. A tall gray she-cat, her fluffy fur gleaming with stars, age lines around her face. She was not a ThunderClan cat... she smelled like the moor grasses, like the strong winds that blew through the forest from Highstones. Wise green eyes met the deputy's, and she smiled. "Hello, Minnowfin," she purred. There was a deep, motherly tone to her voice, with an underlying note of authority that would have grabbed anyone's attention. "My name is Ashstar. I led WindClan many moons ago, before the memory of any living cat." She chuckled warmly. "I know a WindClan leader is likely not who you were expecting to see... I apologize. However, I have an important blessing to impart to you."

The leader stepped closer. She nearly towered over the smaller tom, but her presence was kind, not threatening. "I am sure that I do not have to tell you that the forest has gone through hard times recently," she began, still smiling. "You know what has happened the past few moons. When I was a young deputy like you, the Place of No Stars was opened, and the shadowy ghosts who resided there drove all StarClan followers out of the forest. For a moon, we lived in Twolegplace, regrouping with other Clans and licking our wounds. The next moon, we managed to defeat them. The forest was ours once again." Her eyes had grown distant... but she shook her head. "That's enough reminiscing. The point is that I understand what you are going through. To have your leader disappear, and be left with a Clan that is still reeling from prior events... I understand all too well. Therefore, I have come to give you a gift that will strengthen you in the difficult times to come."

Ashstar leaned forward, putting her face right by his. "Minnowfin, I give you the life of friendship. Remember-- you do not have to do this alone. Being a leader is a very hard job. If you try to do it alone, without accepting any help, you will inevitably fail. Please, remember that your Clan is there for you. Your mate, your kits, your friends; do not be afraid to ask for help, or to accept it. You can even look outside your Clan's borders for help. When I was leader, Blizzardstar of ThunderClan was a dear friend and companion to me. Our alliance was strong, and kept our Clans safe for many moons after our deaths. Do not be afraid to befriend other leaders, as well as Clanmates. The companionship of others will strengthen you, and strengthen your Clan." With that, Ashstar bent down, touching her nose lightly to Minnowfin's.

A gentle breeze came on cue, ruffling his fur. Closing his eyes, the life entering his form felt like a light had burst within him, suddenly dimming to a humming energy that radiated care. It reminded him of those moments he spent as an apprentice, sharing tongues with clanmates, and making those intimate bonds between others. He found that he was now standing, as if that life had held him up.

Having imparted the life, Ashstar stepped back, a soft smile evident on her face. "All of StarClan is on your side," she reassured him. "You do not have to do this alone. Remember those you felt companionship with as deputy... they will still be your friends as you lead. Lean on them." Nodding respectfully, the leader vanished into the stars, leaving an empty spot where the next cat would take her place.

I will, Ashstar.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 21:00

3. Dustcloud - Endurance (Maple)

Dustcloud’s icy blue eyes peeked out from over the crowd as she pushed her way through, eventually coming to the head of them all, where Minnowfin stood. A warm smile painted her features, her pride in the young tom evident in the way she looked up to him now. He’d come so far since being a little kit visiting her in the elder’s den, begging for stories and tales from when she was young.

Taking a seat just a tail-length or so apart from him, Dustcloud began with a small nod in greeting. ”Hello, Minnowfin. It’s been a while, hmm?” Dustcloud couldn’t be sure he’d even recognize her without the scars lacing her body, up and around her face all the way to the base of her tail and paws. All of them were gone. The constant straining and trouble with her voice had vanished as well, voice as sweet as the birdsong and brook the bubbled nearby. The memories and circumstances behind them still rang fresh in the old she-cat’s mind, however. ”Firstly, I’m so incredibly proud of you, Minnowfin. You’ve come so far in such a short time, and have served your Clan well through every block and stumble along the way. ThunderClan is lucky to have you as their leader. One day, we’ll have more time to chat. However, for now, you’ve got a Clan to get back to.” Dustcloud’s posture changed a bit, rightening herself for what was to follow; a more official, ceremonious part of the ordeal.

”With this life, I give you the virtue of endurance. In life and in leadership, you will find that there is always something nagging at you, something gone wrong, or another situation for you to handle. Nothing will ever put a stop to that, it is an uncontrollable and persistent part of life. You cannot and will not be able to end it. However, what you can do, is endure. Find a way to get through your hardships and struggles; lean on those around you for support. Don’t ever give up. As long as you do that, you will not fail.” Stepping forward, Dustcloud gently touched her nose to Minnowfin’s. Immediately, the tom felt as if he’d been torn down and beaten, broken until there was nothing left of him. Just as quickly, though, a feeling of rebirth and strength consumed him. He was being built back up from the very bottom. Dustcloud stood back and smiled, giving him one last thing to hold onto. ”Fight hard, and love fiercely. I’m proud of you.” With that, she retreated back into the like of cats, making way for whomever was next.

From when he had first set his gaze upon the Starclan cat before him, he had felt a familiarity that he couldn't quite place. “Thank you- …Dustcloud.” Finally knowing who she was, he called out to her, but her starry pelt had already disappeared.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 21:07

4. Coldheart [NPC] - Justice (Kitty)

Yet another old face came forth from the crowd of cats. She held her head high, the bi-colored tabby walking with a clear confidence. "Greetings. I am Coldheart, a former Skyclan deputy. I also walked the forest long before your time. Do not let my name fool you, though. There is time to have a cold heart, to not let your feelings show, but it can be the world of difference to also allow your feelings to help your judgement." While she certainly seemed to live up to her name in her demeanor, her gaze softened for just a moment. It was the same motherly touch that could be seen in any mother cat, a gentleness and respect for life. "With this life, I give you justice. Use it to keep the balance of your Clan, and to help keep the peace of the forest, even in times of hard decisions." Her nose pressed to his head for just a moment, before she quickly took her place back to the stars.

That single touch gave way to a weight that made him sink to the ground, like a rock plunging into a deep stream. It was the burden of a difficult decision, a heavy heart that needed to provide an answer. Worry and fear clouded his mind, but all of a sudden, the veil lifted and he felt as light as a feather. The answer was clear. Justice.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 21:49

5. Shadepaw - Humor (Speedy)

It was shadepaw’s turn next.  The playful young apprentice has died so young and very recently.  He was never the smartest or strongest but he was always so wholesome and kind, naive at times but so playful and humorous.

He approached Minnowfin with a wide smile “it’s good to see you again” he purred .  He wished he could have trained alongside his fellow apprentices.. that the cancer had not taken him so soon.  Sitting before his leader he purred softly .  “You have lead thunderclan so well.  Starclan is proud of your purrfect performance” he giggled at his horrible pun.

“Being a leader can be hard, it comes with lots of challenges to overcome.  Keeping your clanmates safe can be so tiring and draining.  Which is why tonight I want to give you a gift of a life with laughter and humor.  I hope that this life will let you always be able to get through the hardest challenges with a laugh afterwards with those you love and care most about”.   Shadepaw meowed explaining why he had picked that one.

“So many care and look up to you minnow , never hesitate to share a laugh or good times with them .  Being a leader also means taking care of yourself and I hope that my gift and life will allow you to do so.   He stepped forward to minnowfin and rested his tail on his leader’s shoulder transferring him the extra life.  The life of humor was one of the more pleasant ones, filling Minnowfin’s chest with the warm bubbly feeling that came after laughter. Milkpaw gave him an encouraging smile before stepping back away to allow for the next cat to gift the young tom his next life.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 3:57

6. Milkpaw - Bravery (Muggy)

It was Milkpaw’s turn. She was bubbling over with joy to see her old mentor again- and he was leader now! She was so proud of him.

”Hello Minnowfin! Or, I suppose it’s going to be Minnowstar now. It’s so good to see you again.” A brief shadow of grief struck Milkpaw’s face, before morphing into a sad, wistful smile. ”I’m sorry I ran off all those moons ago. I didn’t mean to hurt you— I was just looking for adventure. I think I’ve found it.”

”There’s going to be a lot of sacrificing and fighting. It’s enough to make a normal cat turn tail. But not you, of course! You’re one of the strongest cats I know. I need you to fight even when everything looks dark and scary. That’s why with this life, I give you bravery. Use it to keep your clan safe.” Softly, Milkpaw raised her head to briefly touch her nose to Minnowfin’s forehead, before turning back to the stars. She looked back for a brief moment, gave Minnowfin a soft smile, and then she was gone.

Despite the gentle gesture that transferred the gift, the gift itself shook Minnowfin to his core. Gritting his teeth, he shut his eyes as an overwhelming black cloud of fear raged through his mind. In the darkness however, he found a strength that willed him to open his eyes and take a look for himself. As his vision cleared, there was nothing alarming after all.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 4:28

7. Stormrush [NPC] - Tenacity (Kitty)

It would be an unfamiliar face to push through the crowd next. The bulky tom certainly was of Thunderclan descent, but there was an age to him that spoke of how long ago he had walked the forest, and just how long he had walked among the stars. Even with the stoic wisdom he carried, it was clear by the twinkle in his eye that there was also humor to the starry tom. "Names Stormrush, and I was part of Thunderclan long ago. One lesson, youngin, is to always keep going. Fight for what ya believe in, even when e'eryone else seems to have given in. I think ye'll remember with the fellow before ya... Stoatstar. He kept fightin' for y'all, even when it seemed things were at a loss." His gaze had moved to elsewhere as he recalled what he had seen in the forest below. Coming forward, the grey tabby touched his nose to Minnowfin's head. "With this here life, I give ya tenacity. Use it t' keep goin', even when ya wanna give up."

There was the noise of wind rushing in his ears and it was like he was running, sprinting across a large, grassy field towards someone…  Mottlerose. He still had several foxtail-lengths to go, but his legs felt exhausted, burning from the long run. Just as he was about to collapse, the life fueled him with spirit and he crashed into Mottlerose's embrace. As the wind ceased, the picture faded and he was once again facing Starclan, breathless but unbroken.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 4:36

8. Darkstar - Resolve (Knight)

A cat with an odd, loping gait emerged from the gathered StarClan cats, star-speckled fur rippling sharply with every step. Her back left leg entirely missing, the she-cat with dark fur and bright yellow eyes approached the grey bicolor tom, waiting a few heartbeats to let him recover before she spoke. She would rather be warm and cheery than how she stood right now, yet the nature of the life she had to give still weighed on her.

Good evening, Minnowfin. I am Darkflight, the leader of ThunderClan many moons ago and ancestor to Stoatstar. In case you find that interesting.” She gave him a little laugh through her nose. ‘The other children in WindClan, of all places.’ She kept that thought to herself.

Though she gave him that little bit of levity, her voice soon dropped into formality. “With this life I give you resolve. Resolve to make the hard decisions you will face as the father to not only your own kin, but to the entire clan. You must be willing to make cats face the consequences of their actions, even if those cats are those who you love the most.” When her nose touched his, she focused on what she regretted not doing: properly dealing with her terrible, terrible sons. Bramblefrost, who abused his children right under her nose and attempted to murder his own mate, only to be killed in self-defense. If only she’d paid more attention, Lionspark would have never had to kill the cat she thought she could love, the one who she thought loved her back. And then, her other son. 'Rockthorn.' She could hardly remember every thing he’d ever done and only because he had committed that much violence against every cat he’d ever met, including herself. At some point it became inexcusable. Nothing can save a cat who would set his own home ablaze. Yet she still cared for him even then. That heavy guilt, for doing nothing to stop or ultimately destroy him, that weight was more than what had mutilated her leg.

Each decision tore into him like the claws of a beast, mauling him and bringing tears to his eyes, the last blow even causing him to whimper in pain. No matter how deep each gash felt, it healed and he allowed himself to breath. In the end, it left his body feeling hollow and tired, yet confident that those decisions had been for the best.

Though it may hurt, know that sometimes a decision must be made. Indecision is the enemy to justice.” With that, she took a step away to allow the final cat forward.

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony EmptyWed 20 Jul 2022 - 4:58

9. Morningsun - Optimism (Splotchy)

”Oh, that looked like it hurt.”

A soft voice drifted from the mists, before Minnowfin, the form of a very similar cat materialized. His tabby stripes were dotted with the stars, and brilliant green eyes shone as if they were ones themselves. This cat’s form was elegant until you reached his eyes, which looked upon any cat with kindness and compassion.

”Hi, Dad.”

That voice… that pelt… those eyes. Morningsun!

Immediately his weary form strengthened, fueled by surprise and joy from seeing his kit. His maw parted, but no sound came out; he was only able to smile wide and gape.

Morningsun stood in front of his father, those green suns glowing with pride as father and son met gazes. Full of life once more, the tom bounded the remaining steps to meet Minnowfin. It looked as if for a moment, he was going to try and make contact. But, he held himself back and stopped a mouse length away. The father was so ready to shower him in embrace, to leap forward and tackle his son, but the starry tom did not come any closer. Morningsun did not speak for a long breath, letting his father regain composure, and steady himself– just a bit.

”Are you ready?” He asked, a happy purr escaping the cat’s throat.

How can I not be ready with you here to steady me?” he responded, spirits raised at the familiar, jubilant tone he'd only ever heard from his kit.  

”I understand if you are not. Please, take your time. I promise this one will not hurt, but you will need all your strength for it.”  Patiently, Morningsun waited until Minnowfin felt ready enough to continue.
” With this life, I give you optimism. Use it to see the world as to how it could be, and have the strength to see it through. Even if staying positive exhausts you to the core.” With a gentle touch of his nose, Morningsun exhaled, giving optimism to Minnowfin. Something he had strived to do his entire life– to share the hope and love for others. Giving this life to his father? Perhaps one of Morningsun’s last steps for the clan. They needn’t worry because Minnowstar would be there!

With a touch of his kit's nose, all his energy was drained, tapped out until everything had been sucked away. Finally his legs gave way, his body tumbling to the ground. All this was to simply continue to smile when everything was going wrong.

” From this moment on, you will no longer be known as Minnowfin. You will now be known as Minnowstar.” Morningsun's voice announced.

” Give mom my love, and don’t spend all of your lives in one place!” He laughed, giving his father another nudge to help him up. Once on his paws, Morningsun returned to the chorus of cats.

"I will and I won't!" he called. Now that his strength had returned, a big bright smile was on his face.

The starry forms were starting to fade, dispersing into the starlit plains. Blinking, he was once again facing the Moonstone, only this time, he was Minnowstar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: minnowfin's leader ceremony   minnowfin's leader ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

minnowfin's leader ceremony
Page 1 of 1