Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Addictive Poison

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9982

Addictive Poison Empty
PostSubject: Addictive Poison   Addictive Poison EmptySun 10 Jul 2022 - 12:22

It had been a few days now. Days where he spent sulking in camp over the loss of his mate, trying to take care of his kits, and settle the things around him. Over that time he resolved in his mind that he would seek out his mate, and make sure everything was okay with her. It would give him peace of mind to know that she is okay and doing okay for himself. Plus if his kits ever decided to seek her out, he could guide them along their way. She may have been in exile, but Briar didn't say anything against seeing her. Plus he wasn't going to return to camp empty pawed. He would make sure to hunt on the way back once he was sure Beechfang was okay. Finding her was the first step though.

The large white tom, had stepped carefully out of the cover of Skyclan's forest, knowing the borders of the other clans weren't that far behind. Green eyes looked around taking in the area around him for a moment, making sure that there wasn't much going on around him. This was neutral territory, so there shouldn't be much of a need for aggression but he never knew who would be around.

Just as Dovefrost was about to press on to the twoleg place, the tom froze, his ears flicking towards the sound of rustling nearby, his gaze following shortly after. Only to be pleasantly surprised by who pulled himself out of the brush.

"Starlingflare?" Dovefrost asked, seeing the familiar tom that he had grown close to in the past. The other tom looked surprised, but it was quickly replaced with a flash of something else, and then anger? The former medicine cat wasn't the best with emotions.

"What are you doing here Dovefrost? If that is even your name anymore." The gray tom asked, his tail flicking behind him somewhat. "Are you running off to the twolegs now? Leaving your new clan behind?" The Thunderclan Warrior's voice was somewhat harsh. It was clear he was still angry by what took place.

Dovefrost felt his heart drop a bit, letting out a sigh in the process. "I'm actually seeking out something for Skyclan. That is why I'm out here right now." Thought he didn't really want to leave it like that. "Walk with me for a moment.." He said softly. It was a request. Maybe he could repair their friendship somewhat, they just needed to talk things though.

Starlingflare seemed to pause for a moment before approaching the tom's side, gesturing for the larger tom to lead the way.

"I never intended for things to happen the way the did.. I didn't meant to fall for Beechfang, or to have kits. I loved Thunderclan.. Stars I still do, but I didn't want to be like my father, who was never there for me as a kit, who never supported me."

Starlingflre let out a sigh himself. "I get it.. I have kits of my own now. I want nothing more than to be a good father to them." His voice seemed genuine.

"Not to mention, I don't think Stoatstar would have accepted Beechfang into the clan as easily as I was accepted into Skyclan.. Granted there has still been some hardship, but I don't think she would have fit in. Plus Swan and her family already had a hard time fitting in, I didn't want to put Beechfang and my kits through that. I would rather deal with it by myself."

Starlingflare paused in his walk, causing Dovefrost to stop just ahead of him, head turning back to get a look at the warrior, slight puzzlement on the larger tom's face. "It hurt Dovefrost. I trusted you, and then you left... I get your reasonings and all, but it doesn't change the fact that it hurt." The gray tom's single yellow eye remained fixed on the medicine cat.

"I know.. and I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I don't think I would go back and redo it if I could." Dovefrost said confidently. As much as things were difficult right now, he loved his family. He would not trained them for the world.

Starlingflare shook his head. "Sorry doesn't cut it for me. It won't replace the pain that you created in Thunderclan."

Dovefrost shifted uncomfortably, his gaze falling to the ground in front of him. "I know.. if I could stop that pain then I would."

"I could fix it.." Came the soft voice of his walking companion. As soon as the white tom looked up again to wonder what the other tom was talking about, the distance was already closed. The other tom moved so fast.. a noise of surprise escaped Dovefrost that was quickly replaced by a different sound as Starlingflare sank his teeth into the white cat's neck. The gasp that escaped the former medicine cat quickly turning into a bubbled sound as blood filled the tom's throat.

Starlingflare twisted his head and pulled back. Quickly spitting out what he took with him, ignoring the feeling of blood on his maw. As he released the gold eyed tom watch as the other fell to the ground, still as the life had left him a moment ago.

Giddiness welled up in him. The thrill of taking a life, and the sounds others made as they died was something that would never grow old to the Thunderclan tom. Something he would relish in every time he did it. It was just luck that he managed to run into Dovefrost today.

After the moment faded, the tom was quick to act. Dragging the dead tom closer to the twoleg place, hoping that maybe someone other than the clans would find the dead cat. As soon as he was satified with the spot the tom was in, he quickly retreated to clan territory, making sure to wash himself in somewhat to clear the scents from his body.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down

Addictive Poison
Page 1 of 1