Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wilting Leaves [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 14:54

Mapleleaf finally had hit the point she had to admit something was truly, truly wrong with her body. It was one of those things that the she-cat had known for some time, but it finally was to the point she had to admit it. No longer did she even want to get up to greet her own kits, no longer could she even put up the facade. It wasn't something obviously wrong with her, either. She showed no signs of the usual illnesses that could be treated with herbs, but anyone who looked at her simply... knew.

Finally, she had decided to drag herself to Dovesight's den. At the very least, she'd be able to rest in there, instead of in the nursery. It broke her heart whenever kits would try to play with her, only for her body to drag her kicking and screaming into saying no. She wanted to play with them, wanted to greet her kits, wanted to spend more time with the Clan that had taken her in. But it was obvious that her time was coming to an end... and she couldn't.

So there she was, joints that ached for seemingly no good reason carrying her too-skinny frame to the medicine den. At the very least, the scent of herbs was still clear in her mind. Even if all she wanted to do was sleep during the day, usually cuddled up with her daughter, she could still see and appreciate the life around her. "Dovesight?" She called out softly, walking further in and taking a half-curled seat in one of the nests reserved for any ill clanmates that happened to come in.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw

Last edited by Kitty on Wed 13 Jul 2022 - 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2226

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] EmptyTue 5 Jul 2022 - 15:22

You know that pit you get in your stomach when you know something is wrong before it even happens? The dread you get when something bad is coming? Dovesight had that just then. It was an awful feeling, the fear she had without even knowing what was going on. But one thing was for sure, it put her on high alert.

If it wasn't for that, Dovesight might not have even heard the soft whisper of her name being called.

And so the pit grew.

The medicine cat turned around to see Maplespring curling up in one of the nests she had in her den. She wasn't going to ask if the queen was alright. She knew better. Every cat knew better at this point. But it didn't make it any less painful. There had to be something she could do! She couldn't just let Maplespring die. But she didn't know what options she had, either. It was an impossible scenario. The only thing she could do was make sure that when it happened, Maplespring was comfortable. Try to ease any pain she might have been in.

Without a word, Dovesight moved to lay beside Maplespring. She looked as if she might cry.

"Is.... is there anything I can get for you?"

Wilting Leaves [c] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] EmptySat 9 Jul 2022 - 12:20

The comforting feeling of Dovesight coming to lay beside her was something that she didn't realize she needed. A quiet purr came from the dull golden tabby, her body immediately shifting its weight so she was resting against the medicine cat's frame. Her head turned to see the threat of tears that wanted to so desperately spill from Dovesight's eyes, and Mapleleaf could only gently rub her head against the silver speckled molly's shoulder. "Don't cry for me, friend." She spoke softly, though it was much easier to hear her given the fact they were so close together.

Mapleleaf could only feel the tug of her body to rest, to rest for much, much longer than she should want to at her age. "Just lay here with me, please." She decided, a small smile on her maw as she let herself close her eyes. Her head was still up, but it was clear she was giving into that tug of sleep. Amidst the pain and sadness that echoed on her body, there was finally a small look of peace, only on her face. "I'm so thankful for you, Dovesight. For taking care of me." She purred, her ears laying back just slightly. She couldn't bring herself to open her eyes back up, not at the moment. They felt weighted with lead.

But even as her joints screamed, pleaded with her for some ounce of relief... Mapleleaf simply wanted to have company. Dovesight's company brought her the warmth and peace she had been yearning for. Sure, she easily could ask her for some types of herbs that would likely sooth it all, but there was a part of her deep-down that truly felt that the pain is what told her she was still there. That she still walked among her children, her mate, her friends... her family. So she went without, even if little movements seemed to look more of a wince than the grace she once trotted across the moors with.

Last edited by Kitty on Wed 13 Jul 2022 - 11:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2226

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] EmptySat 9 Jul 2022 - 12:58

Dovesight's own eyes closed, as if she could simply open them, and all would be well again. Maplespring would get better. She desperately wanted her to get better. It tore her apart inside, knowing that she was supposed to be a medicine cat, and there was nothing she could do to save this cat. What good was she to the Clan if she couldn't help those that needed her?

And then Maplespring thanked her. Her own voice dropped as she responded, her voice hoarse from the sorrow that filled her heart. "Please, don't thank me. Not until you are back on your paws. As a medicine cat, I don't deserve your gratitude if I can't make you well. There has to be some sort of way. I will travel the world if I have to. Just don't thank me until I have saved you."

But Dovesight knew she was already out of time. They both knew. The silver molly buried her head into Maplespring's shoulder, as if she could will her strength into the queen. As if it would do any good. The least she could do was honor her last request.

As Maplespring seemed to struggle to stay awake, Dovesight ran her tongue over the she-cat's head, attempting to soothe her to sleep. "Rest easy now, my friend. I will be right here."

Wilting Leaves [c] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022 - 14:45

She wanted to comfort Dovesight so badly. Deep down, Mapleleaf knew that no matter what the medicine cat did, there'd be no way she could heal the ailment that took hold of her body. It was a fact that she had wanted to change. All of the herbs in the world couldn't fix what it was that hurt her, that ached her joints, that had taken away the fluff of her coat. So all she could do was give in. As Dovesight groomed her head, she rested her head down onto her paws. She shifted close enough to at least be pressed beside the silver molly, the warmth of her pelt only bringing further comfort to the golden tabby. It was strange. With the heat of Greenleaf, one would have thought that she was going to be thankful for the thinned pelt. But no, she found herself cold more often than not.

"Thank you." She said again. Even though the she-cat had just said not to thank her, Mapleleaf was solid of it. Soon after, she drifted into sleep, feeling the pain ebb away from her bones. There was a purr that escaped the molly, and all the tension seemed to suddenly release from the small, golden frame.

What she could only believe to be her dreams showed Riverclan before her. She could see her sleeping frame next to Dovesight, curled up like a kit beside its mother. Looking at it made tears instantly well into her eyes, only for there to be no true tears. Mapleleaf knew what this was. A silent sob threatened to spill from her.

It seemed she wouldn't be alone, as she soon felt a tail gently touch her back. "Mapleleaf? It's time."

"...Do I have to go?" Her voice was so frail, so heartbroken. She didn't want to leave her friends, her mate, her children, her clan. They'd just brought her in as a full warrior, they'd accepted her as truly one of her own.

"Yes, my dear. I'm so sorry." The pale siamese sat beside the broken-hearted mother. Stars danced at her paws, which seemed to begin to dance at Mapleleaf's own. "I understand what it's like to leave your kits behind. But they're in good paws. Starclan guided you to Riverclan because of that." Mallowmist knew that her words wouldn't be able to ease the pain that Mapleleaf felt. But nevertheless... she tried.

Mapleleaf looked at Dovesight one more time, padding forward and pushing her ghostly forehead against the silver tabby's own. It was a silent thanks, one that Dovesight wouldn't likely even notice. But she needed to. Her tail and ears drooped as she padded away from the medicine den, following the guidance of the former Riverclan queen in front of her.

As they made their way towards the stars, Mapleleaf had to turn, to take one last look at the camp of Riverclan beneath her. Shimmering tears poured down her face, a silent stream of the pain that she couldn't truly feel anymore. "I love you all. I'll be watching over you."

Mallowmist turned to give a warm smile to the golden tabby, giving her a nod before taking her place among the stars.

With one last sigh, Mapleleaf would do the same.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wilting Leaves [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wilting Leaves [c]   Wilting Leaves [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilting Leaves [c]
Page 1 of 1