Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

odds & ends [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 4:31

A soft rain drizzled from the sky, filling the air with the scents of fresh, damp earth- and humidity. The heat of green-leaf hadn't been a sudden change, but it was shocking and oppressive nonetheless, and Birdchaser's steps were heavy and dragging, head drooping with exhaustion as the pair padded through the territory. At least, that's what she would have told anyone, if they had asked. No one needed to know how bothered she was by recent events, even if it was far too easy to guess. More than one cat had told her she was just like Beechfang, and even if she weren't, she loved her mother. And now she was gone, cast out of SkyClan, with Bloodst- strike following her as a vicious shadow. It was Briarthorn's fault. Or, actually- no, it was RiverClan's fault. Briarthorn was a good cat, at least she had been as a mentor. But then she made the final decision, but then again- Birdchaser shook her head, sighing heavily. Whenever she thought about it, tears sprung to her eyes in an instant. She squeezed her eyes shut tight, forcing them away. At least with the rain, she could hide it better.

But that wasn't what she had come so far into the territory for. Neither of them, she supposed. Ears lowering, the pale warrior slowed her paws, lifting her head to look at her sister behind her. Nothing special, routine sparring. To keep the claws sharp. "The ground is... slick. Be careful." Her mew was low and ragged, none of the life her tone usually held present. There was a subtle warmth in it, though, genuine care for her family. Her tail flicked, and Birdchaser angled her head to look anywhere but at Wolfblossom. "Blah, blah, no claws... whatever. We both know the drill. Go ahead, hit me if you're ready." Something in her hoped her sister wouldn't want to talk about it, and they could both ignore recent events. Hopefully. But when had her family ever been lucky, even in small ways?

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5641

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptySat 2 Jul 2022 - 11:11

Wolfblossom was happy to follow her sister out into the territory, and not nearly as happy about the fine rain that seemed to do nothing but make the air feel humid and her fur feel distinctly uncomfortable. Her ears slid back in irritation and she shook out her coat, trying futilely to get rid of the wetness that clung to her thick pelt. Her paws were heavy as she trailed her sister, and she shrugged at Birdchaser's words. "We'll- I'll manage... I don't understand how anyone could stand this." 'This' could've referred to the miserable rain soaking into the territory, or the accompanying heat and humidity (wasn't rain supposed to make that less terrible?) ...Or not, really. Her mother, Riverclan... It had certainly put a damper on any excitement she'd felt at earning her warrior name.

"How are you holding up?" The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them None of this was something she particularly wanted to talk about. But Birdchaser looked just about how Wolfblossom felt at the moment and she would've done anything to make that not be so. Simply rushing headlong at Birdchaser and initiating the spar they'd come out here for would make for a welcome distraction, she knew, but Wolfblossom couldn't not check on her sister, either.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptyThu 7 Jul 2022 - 5:35

Of course, instead of leaping forward, Wolfblossom wanted to talk. Her question made Birdchaser's body tense, her tail waving stiffly behind her. The first responses that came to mind were biting, and she had to dig her teeth against her tongue to keep herself from responding so sharply. None of this was her sister's fault, far from it, and she didn't deserve to be on the receiving end of her frustration. No matter how badly Birdchaser wanted to lash out at anything that moved, she knew better than to turn on her own Clanmates. More than that, her own family. She had to hold together what she had.

"Holding up? Fine." There was still tension in her response, despite how she'd tried to keep her tone level. "It's- well- nothing is fine right now, you know that. I want my- our mother back. I want RiverClan to keep their noses under their own tails, instead of ours." Birdchaser's ears flattened against her skull, and she realized at some point her claws had flexed to press into the damp earth. She shook out her pelt, but any of the water she'd managed to shake away soaked right back into her thick coat, and she grumbled. "I'll be fine, Wolfblossom. Don't worry about me. I'll manage. All of us will." Her gaze was steely, but it softened when Birdchaser lifted her head to look at her sister properly. "I guess while we're talking... uhm. Talk if you need to." She shrugged, and looked away again. It was her best attempt at acting soft, at showing she cared. She wasn't the soft, emotional type, but she wanted her sister to know she was there regardless.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptyThu 7 Jul 2022 - 14:23

Wolfblossom noticed the way Birdchaser tensed, and her ears lowered. "Sorry. I know." She mewed softly, staring down at her paws for a moment. Her sister started to talk however, and pale blue eyes lifted to Birdchaser's green ones. "I miss her too." She responded, "I hate how this has affected everyone. I hate that mom's... wherever she is, now. I wish things could go back to normal, without having to worry about some stupid cats across the river." More than anything she wanted their mother back, and she wanted their family to not be sad. "I know what she did was wrong. I understand there had to be consequences but exile or execution? They went too far. Perchstar had no right."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptyTue 12 Jul 2022 - 4:12

Birdchaser's whiskers twitched as Wolfblossom spoke. This was no time for arguing the morals of their mother's actions. When Beechfang was still safe and sheltered in their camp, maybe she would have puffed out her chest and talked her sister down about ethics and how that idiot RiverClanner had deserved it. But they were all suffering now, and she had no intention of making it worse. Stepping up to stand a tail-length from her sister's side, the she-cat nodded steadily. "Let's be grateful they went with exile, instead. And," she leaned backed to gather herself, a small smile turning up the corners of her maw, "Let's be ready, if they come back. Talk and fight." With that, her muscles sprang, and she rammed herself headfirst into her sister's hip.

Birdchaser used Headbutt, dealing 5 damage and costing 5 SP.

Birdchaser

30/30 HP
75/80 (-5) SP

Wolfblossom
25/30 (-5) HP
80/80 SP

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

odds & ends [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: odds & ends [C]   odds & ends [C] EmptyTue 12 Jul 2022 - 16:53

"True... She'd stick around the borders, right?" Wolfblossom thought it was a long shot, and perhaps it sort of defeated the purpose of being exiled... But she didn't want to never see her mother again, no matter what had happened.

"They won't have the guts to come back." She grunted as Birdchaser headbutted her, then swatted at her sister with a sheathed paw.

Wolfblossom used Front Paw Blow for -5 sp, dealing -5 damage.

Wolfblossom

25 / 30 hp
75 / 80 sp (80 - 5)

Birdchaser
25 / 30 hp (30 - 5)
75 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior