Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4827

Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey   Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 17:43

And so it was time... Her kits were growing up, for real now. Not only were they nearing the end of their apprenticeships, but they had reached a milestone to prove it- their moonstone journeys. Dovefrost had thankfully agreed to help Briarthorn create small bundles of traveling herbs, one of which she carried gingerly between her teeth outside of camp. Moonpaw was still unable to set paw in camp. Briarthorn hoped that with time, she'd be able to work with her on it... But for now, she'd let her cope in whichever way she pleased. Dropping the bundle at the molly's paws, she mewed, "Are you ready, Moonpaw?"

---

Now that they'd arrived at the mothermouth, it was time for some instructions. "These caves are very dark, Moonpaw. Follow as closely behind me as you can, and you'll be alright. Once we get to the moonstone, settle down and get comfortable. When you're ready, touch your nose to the stone, and StarClan will greet you on the other side. I'll be there waiting for you when you're finished." Then, she plunged into the tunnel. Soon enough, they found their way to where the light from the moonstone illuminated the entirety of the small cavern. "Alright, Moonpaw, go on... I'm proud of you." She added in, at the end.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4938

Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey   Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 1 Jul 2022 - 18:33

Moonpaw had been waiting for her mother outside of camp, her tail swishing across the forest floor as she saw the familiar, comforting face. Her mind still replayed what had happened between her parents as she gave Briarthorn a once-over, but shook her head to clear those thoughts. That wasn't the point of today. The scent of herbs wafted to her nose, and she sniffed the bundle more curiously the moment it was at her paws. There was no hesitation in her voice as she responded to her mother's question with a dedicated "Yes." She ate each and every herb that was in front of her, even as it wrinkled her nose.

---

The journey didn't take too much of a toll on the young cat's energy levels, and she supposed it was thanks to the herbs that it happened. She gave Briarthorn a nod as she listened intently, as it seemed foolish to stray away from orders at such a vital moment. As they went inside the dark cavern, she kept close enough to just barely feel the fluff of her mother's fur. It was much easier once her eyes had adjusted to the dim lighting, and she crossed easily. Her maw parted with surprise as she saw the moonstone, awe filling her gaze as well as she approached in wonder. "I'll really get to talk to Starclan?" Moonpaw asked, and it was just a flicker of childish delight.

Maturity came rushing back to the young molly though as she gave Briarthorn one last nod of affirmation. It was impossible to keep the smile off of her maw hearing that her mom was proud of her... she'd done all she could to live up to the fact she was a daughter of leadership. So as such, she layed down, tucking her paws under her before touching her nose to the cold stone...

...and feeling herself drift into sleep, only to wake up in the wonders of the starry land of her ancestors.

There was a she-cat waiting for her as she wandered into the forest that felt so familiar, yet so different at the same time. Tabby in markings, but namely a base of white covered the mighty molly's starry pelt. "It seems the stars yet again let me visit a young cat... you seem much more confident than the last one I met with." She chuckled in mild amusement, and her cold, striking blue gaze seemed to study every inch of the apprentice's body.

She wanted to shrink back, but she couldn't. Pride told her not to. "The last one..? Oh. Uh. My name is Moonpaw. I'm the daughter of Briarthorn and B-Skyclan's former leader."

"A strong bloodline. You'll do well. Let that pride shine, but don't let it consume you. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am."

A rare smile cracked upon the late deputy's maw, as she then dipped her head.

"Then you're ready. Make Skyclan proud, Moonpaw."

---

Those words echoed in Moonpaw's head as she stirred, yawning before stretching out her limbs. She searched the dimly lit space for her mom, only to give her a smile. "I'm ready, mom."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down

Moonpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: