Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 13 Jun 2022 - 18:11

Fawnshine

Fawnshine took in a deep breath. Today. Today's the day she'll become my apprentice.. That is if the kit agreed. Similar to herself when she was a kit, Eggkit had shown to show interest in herbs, and even helping her. It would've been a waste not to miss such opportunities. Minnowfin had already accepted her request of asking about taking in an apprentice, Eggkit, specifically.. And that was it. All she needed to do was to ask for the kit's answer. She'd take her to the Moonstone for StarClan to judge.

Gentle steps led her to the nursery, where Eggkit still seemed to rest. Thank the stars — she was the only one there. Shadekit, nor her other siblings were inside. "Are you awake, Eggkit? If so, could you come out here?" She mewed, setting her figure down in front of the nursery. Observing her approach, Fawnshine would then continue. Every moment, every word she said now.. It reminded her of her own experience. The words Dovefrost had said to her, how she'd excitedly take on the responsibility.. The medicine cat only hoped Eggkit would be sure.

"This is a big request to ask of you, so take your time.. But I wish to take you on to be my apprentice. For you to follow the path of a medicine cat. Do you agree to follow this journey with me, Eggkit?" Her heartbeat echoed in her ears, patiently waiting for the answer.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3546

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 13 Jun 2022 - 20:20

The time spent healing from the snake bite was all too long for the kit to particularly enjoy. The pain, that is. Eggkit enjoyed organizing leaves and learning their names. Just even if it meant being a bit of help. Though, she definitely knew she was going to miss that life. Stretching out over her mother's nest, Eggkit rested her head on the plush moss with a flick of her tail. The thought of going back to be a warrior did not appeal to her at all. But, if that was what she had to do, the kit would resign herself to her fate.

The voice of the medicine cat at the mouth of the nursery caused the kit to raise her head. Her last paste that healed her wounds was applied a few sunrises ago...and she hadn't done any pranks yet. "Yes?" She called back, rising carefully to her paws.

The kitten's mouth dropped, her tail sticking up like a stick. "For real?" Eggkit cried, leaping up towards Fawnshine with a big grin. "I'll do my best I promise!"

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 1:30

Fawnshine

The kit's reaction didn't seem fake, no matter how slightly exaggerated it might've been. Fawnshine let out a soft chuckle. Maybe.. Maybe not all kits were just troublemakers. Maybe some of them were better. "Alright then. Here, wait for me.." She'd head inside the medicine den, though only for a moment, before returning with an herb bundle in her mouth. "Eat these. They'll help you on the journey to the Moonstone with me."

She'd be having Eggkit as an apprentice. That would take some time to get used to.. just like how Dovefrost was her mentor once. The thought of the tom kept returning to her head, though she dismissed it. I've got to get used to this. He belongs to SkyClan now.

"As soon as you're ready, we can go."

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 10:25

The kit sniffed at the herbs, her small nose catching the scent of one in particular. Pulling it out of the pile, she hooked it on a claw and glanced up at Fawnshine with a big grin. "Oh! I know this one." She mewed, holding it towards her mouth. "It's burnet. I tried to eat a bunch a long time ago." She purred with amusement before consuming the rest of the herbs. The taste wasn't great, but she didn't expect them all to taste good. With a shake of her pelt, the kitten looked up at Fawnshine. "It was gross, but I'm ready!"

Eggkit puffed out her pelt in a show of readiness. No amount of distance was going to stop her from being the best medicine cat she could! And with Fawnshine as her mentor, she certainly wasn't going to fail! With a purr, the to-be apprentice followed Fawnshine out of camp with a pep to her step.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 15 Jun 2022 - 2:15

Fawnshine

"Yes, burnet. I'm surprised you remembered..! Seems like you're already one paw step ahead of the usual medicine cat apprentices." She'd chuckle. The memory surely wasn't as cheerful as how Eggkit would've remembered it.. But the she-kit had promised to help her clean up afterward, so that was fine. So much for Shadekit, though... "Alright. Let's go."

----

Fawnshine made sure to keep the pace steady for the young she-kit to follow after her. As they finally reached the Mothermouth, Fawnshine stopped to instruct. "Follow the tip of my tail closely. If not, hang on to my scent, and follow. It'll be dark in there." Then, she'd lead them in.

The glow once faint and not so clear, now shimmered more brightly than ever as they approached the Moonstone. She took a few steps closer to the stone, eyes glancing back to make sure Eggkit was able to catch up. "Eggkit, you will now be known as Eggpaw," Memories rushed through her head. A sense of déjà vu — the fear, the emptiness that had approached her when she'd touched noses with the stone.. It all came back. The medicine cat held a paw up, ears flattening — before stopping, reverting them to normal again. Eggpaw had more or less to be concerned of.

StarClan wasn't there for me then, and neither were they present at my ceremonies. But she'll be fine. She should be, she must.

"From here on, you will be entering the mysteries of Starclan and learn the way of the medicine cat." She spoke, continuing as if nothing had happened. "When you are ready, press your nose to the stone, and Starclan.. StarClan will speak to you in your dreams."

Her lips trembled in silence as she stepped down, leaving some space for Eggpaw to approach the stone. Everything will be fine now.

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 15 Jun 2022 - 8:41

The walk was long. Eggkit wasn't even sure if she had ever walked this long in her entire life! Scratch that, she hadn't. Stars! She hadn't even been out of camp before! Her paws ached and ached. But, the little she-cat wouldn't allow her pain to be heard. After all, Fawnshine went out of her way to make her a medicine cat apprentice. Eggkit had to do her best, even if her best made her tiny paws hurt.

Thankfully, they arrived, and the tight fit wasn't as bad for Eggkit as it was for Fawnshine. Though, the darkness was rather difficult to navigate. Once or twice, she tripped over a large rock, losing the tip of Fawnshine's tail for a short moment. But, the struggle was worth it to see the brilliantly shining rock. Mouth agape, the she-cat stared at the rock, then back to Fawnshine, as she became Eggpaw. So much was happening so fast! Was she going to meet their ancestors now? What if they didn't speak to her? Would she have to be a warrior? But, as her green eyes lingered on her new mentor, Eggkit managed to see the lips trembling on Fawnshine in the dim light. With a tilt of her head, Eggpaw approached and settled close to her mentor. "Are you okay, Fawnshine?" For the moment, the glowing stone was completely forgotten.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 20:44

Fawnshine

"Are you okay, Fawnshine?"

Fawnshine's eyes widened with genuine surprise. What? How, and why, out of all things.. would the new apprentice notice her? The medicine cat bit her tongue, before relaxing, shaking her head slowly. "Don't mind me, Eggpaw. Continue on. I'll be here for you if you need me." She smiled.

Yet, in that moment, something so odd.. so warm, bloomed in her chest. Why was that so comforting?

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 10:58

Eggpaw held Fawnshine's gaze for just a moment longer before giving the medicine cat a nod. "Okay, but I'll also be here if you need me!" She purred, before returning to the glowing crystal. Apprehensively, she settled down, close enough to where her nose would touch if Eggpaw rested her head. But, not before turning her head towards Fawnshine one last time. Seeing the comforting form of her mentor, the apprentice rested her head on the stone and shut her eyes.

Near instantly, she felt light just outside of her eyelids. Cautiously, she opened them to see the form of a silver tabby, watching her patiently. His green eyes shimmered with mirth, and a quiet purr left him. Though, in this bright, starry world, it seemed to echo more than anything. As she sat up, the purr grew louder.

"Welcome, Eggpaw. We have been awaiting your visit for some time. I'm glad to have seen you recover from that snake." His voice was soft and kind. Similar to Mottlerose, who visited her in the medicine cat den while she recovered from the snake bite. "My name is Morningsun, and I died before you were born. It's quite a long story, but I'm happy to receive you here during your first visit."

"Did it hurt?" Eggpaw asked, head tilted.

"Dying? Not really." Morningsun offered, watching the apprentice quite seriously. "I gave up my life to bring StarClan back, they didn't want to make it painful for me."

"What about other cats who died in other ways?"

"Dying can be painful, yes." Morningsun agreed, patiently answering her questions.

"Could I keep everyone from dying?" The young apprentice asked, green eyes looking insistent.

The StarClan warrior looked amused for a moment, before letting out a small sigh. "It is a good goal to have, Eggpaw. But do know that it is impossible to keep everyone from dying. However, when someone does pass, do not let it get you down. Sometimes cats are meant to come to us, and that is alright. You will never know when that time is, so give your training all you've got."

Eggpaw watched him curiously, but quietly as he backed up a tail length and held his head to the sky. "Fellow Warriors of StarClan, I present to you Eggpaw of ThunderClan. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Let us grant her our wisdom and insight, so she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with our will." As he finished, the dream began to fade.

Eggpaw managed a quick; "W-wait!" Before she awoke in the cool ground of the cavern. Blinking off the bright light, the brand-new apprentice turned to Fawnshine with wide eyes. "Do you know a Morningsun?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Eggkit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1