Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] Empty
PostSubject: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySat 4 Jun 2022 - 22:11

Stormpaw

Stormpaw tends to stay inside camp, if he can help it, during rainy and stormy days. He hates storms, and he hates being out in them even more. So he sat sheltering underneath some of the reeds in camp, the shell Dovesight gave him tucked gently between his paws. He was close to the nursery, enjoying watching the kits play and mess around in the rain- and occasionally get scolded by a worried queen. It was a nice distraction from the occasional boom of thunder.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Characters : Irispaw [RC]
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Apprentice
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 18:05

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 Iriskit stumbled away from the well-intentioned but ultimately futile attempts at grooming from one of the nursery Queens in an attempt to get her to calm down. Sure, she might have been being a bit excitable in her play with the other kits, yes she might have ended up eating mud more than a few times from missing in her pounces, but she was just fine, thank you very much. Shaking off the freshly groomed feeling, she trotted away from the queen to go find herself a playmate. Playtime was only over when everyone was asleep, and she certainly wasn't asleep yet. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 Unfortunately for her, many of the other kits in the den were, in fact, asleep, tuckered out from the rough play and general atmosphere of sleepy calm that the rain brought. She couldn't wake them up- she'd been told off one too many times to make that mistake again, thanks- so she had to find some other way to occupy her time. She glanced back deeper in the nursery for a moment in consideration, before flicking her ears in disagreement. No, she wouldn't bother the queens, she'd just get told to take a nap or pulled into another grooming session again. (For some reason, whenever she encountered one of the queens outside of feedings, they always insisted on grooming her. Granted, this might have been due to how disheveled and dirty she was about 50% of the time, but it was still bothersome to have to sit still for that long.) No thanks. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 Instead, she cast her gaze to the outdoors. She was momentarily mesmerized watching the effect of rain on the world. She'd not been awake for all that long and had only experienced two rains before this. Every experience still felt just as new and exciting as the first one had. But no, she knew what rain was like. Had bound about in it, enjoying the wet feeling dripping down her short fur. Rain wasn't new, even if it was exciting. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 What was new was the cat that sat a short ways away, seemingly content to lounge in the protection of the reeds near the nursery. The pair made brief eye contact, as he seemed to have been absently watching the nursery. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 And with that eye contact came something new and exciting. A cat to introduce herself to! Excited, Iriskit bound out in the rain, her progress a bit unsteady with how small she was and how slick the ground was with rain, but determined nonetheless as she approached the tom. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 "Hi! I'm Iriskit! You're the first cat I've ever introduced myself to! Mom's usually the one who introduces me to other cats, but she's in the Nursery with everyone else right now I think and I wanted to introduce myself for once. I'm Iriskit! What's your name? What're you doing here? *Gasp* Are you a Warrior, freshly returned from battle, come to rest and contemplate life in the heart of home?" Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Last edited by LadyMelon on Tue 6 Sep 2022 - 18:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 18:38

Stormpaw

Stormpaw stared down in surprise at the tenacious young kit, and he found himself smiling at her excited rambles. He chuckled softly and shook his head.

“Hardly,” He said. “I’m an apprentice. My name’s Stormpaw. I haven’t been in battle before. I’m just not a big fan of storms- I know it’s ironic- and my mentor isn’t around to make me go out. So I’m sticking in camp for the time being. I’m sorry that’s not terribly exciting. It’s nice to meet you, Iriskit.” He smiled.

“Are you excited to become an apprentice one day?” He asked, encouraging the excitable kit to ramble some more.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 18:57

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f338 "Oooooh, I see, not a warrior yet," Iriskit nodded. "But you're still gonna be a warrior really soon! That's still super exciting! I'm gonna be a warrior one day too! Or, an apprentice first. Like you! I'm super duper excited to be an apprentice one day. I'm gonna get so much food that nobody'll ever go hungry ever, because being hungry feels bad. Why's your name Stormpaw though if you don't like storms? That's funny. Maybe you should be Sunnypaw instead? Or, or-" she glances around, eyes landing on the shell he's holding."-or what's that? Is that a rock? That's a really pretty rock, I didn't know they could look like that." Iriskit batted at the ground near the shell, not quite touching it, but close to it. She seemed to have quite a bit of trouble keeping still or focusing, even for a kit, but she was clearly fascinated by Stormpaw as a whole. Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] 1f343

Last edited by LadyMelon on Tue 6 Sep 2022 - 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 13:56

Stormpaw

Stormpaw couldn’t help his widening smile. It was nice to hear how excited and confident Iriskit was. She reminded him a bit of Brookpaw, with just the amount of life and joy the kit expressed. He was sure that one day she’d make a wonderful apprentice, and later, warrior.

He laughed softly as he watched Iriskit bat at the ground. “Maybe a different name would be more fitting,” He agreed with a nod. “But my mom chose my name, just like how your mom chose yours, so I’ll stick with the one I have right now.” He shifted upwards a bit. “She named me because of this white spot on my chest. It looks like a stormcloud, don’t you think?” He smiled.

“And as for this,” He shifted his paws to show Iriskit the shell. “This is a shell. There’s a lot found down by and in the river our clan is named for. My friend Dovesight gave it to me, to help me feel better on stormy days like this. It is very pretty, isn’t it?"

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 15:21

Iriskit nodded pseudo-solemnly at all the information. That all made sense. Her tail flicked again in enthusiasm at getting her questions answered so seriously. Most other cats- both older ones and ones her age- just tried to distract and derail her for long enough to walk away when she asked so many questions, put the patience and indulgence was very kind. Though the rain itself was a bit cold, she felt a little bit warmer on the inside.

She glanced at the tom's chest before looking up at the sky, and up and up before falling on her back with a small squeak as she looked up. Rather than both with standing back up, she rolled about until her head was facing Stormpaw, though upside down as she looked back and forth between his chest and the sky. "Yeah, I think I see it, that makes sense! Maybe it is a good name then. My mom chose my name because she likes flowers, but she says that it's become super appropriate for some reason. I don't know why or what that means, but that's how I've got my name," she explained, paws kneading idly at the air.

"A shell..." She looked at it with all of her upside down glory, eyes sparkling a little bit. "It sure is really pretty. Your friend sounds super nice! Momma hasn't let me get too close to the River yet- she thinks I'll fall in, but I think I'd be a great swimmer! Does it really help you feel better? Is it like medicine, but that you don't eat or spread? How does it make you feel better?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptyFri 10 Jun 2022 - 13:09

Stormpaw

Stormpaw watched in bemusement as Iriskit rolled around. He nodded along to her cheerful rambles, and commented, “It won’t be long until you're an apprentice, and I’m sure that your mentor will take you to the river. It is our primary source of food, after all. You’ll probably learn to swim while you’re at it.”

“My friend is very nice. I’m sure you’ll meet her sometime, she’s very sweet. And it is a bit like an emotional medicine, I suppose. Some things aren’t physical problems, so you can’t fix them from the outside.” He looks down at the shell. “This is a physical reminder of the things I already know. Storms are scary, but this reminds me that I have my clan and my friends at my back. And that makes me feel more safe.” He looked at Iriskit and smiled. “Does that make sense?”

Stormpaw didn’t want to talk down to the young kit. He always hated it when he was her age and older cats spoke to him like he couldn’t understand things.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 1:02

Iriskit's paws continued their steady knead of the air happily. "I get it, it's like carrying a piece of home around with ya all the time. Being home is some of the best medicine, it always makes me feel better."

With that, she stopped kneading the air and flipped back over onto her paws, almost prancing in place. "Aaah, I hope I get to be an apprentice soon! Home is great, but there's so much more out there to see and touch and smell and taste and do! I wanna go into the River for real and catch all of the fish!" she proclaimed, stomping a paw in declaration.

"Well, not all the fish, because then there wouldn't be any fish left ever, but like a whole bunch of fish! Have you learned to swim yet? Have you caught any fish? Do you like bein' an apprentice?" She gasps. "Can you give me apprentice tips so I can get a headstart?"
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 14:47

Stormpaw

Stormpaw couldn’t help his chuckle at Iriskit’s triumphant stomp, which was slightly undercut by the muddy ground squelching under her paws. His eyes sparkled and he looked back at her face as he decided which of her many questions to answer first.

“No, I haven’t learned to swim quite yet. That’s something Owlshriek and I are going to work on soon. I have caught lots of fish. It’s pretty fun, especially when you get the hang of it. You should be becoming an apprentice before Newleaf ends, or in the beginning of Greenleaf, which is good. You’ll get a chance to learn while the river is still plenty full.” Stormpaw said.

“And yes, I do like being an apprentice.” Even if he worried a lot about how good of a job he was doing, Stormpaw loved being able to help his clan and give back to them. It made him happy. He pauses before addressing her final question, and he’s suddenly reminded of the first time he spoke to Owlshriek, of asking for similar help. Time moves so quickly.

“I’d be happy too.” He got to his feet, stretching out. He picked up the shell and set it safely aside on some leaves before focusing on Iriskit. “What are you most excited about learning?” He asked. “Hunting?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 17:44

Iriskit paused for only a moment at the easy acceptance of her request before a high quick chirrup of joy escaped her as she darted closer to Stormpaw's side.

"Yes! Yes, hunting, I think!" she proclaimed. "I wanna make sure everyone eats well all the time, and the best way to do that is by hunting!" She made for a little pounce at a nearby leaf, to punctuate her claim, landing neatly atop it with her claws out. She grew distracted for a moment tearing the leaf apart, but quickly recovered herself and sat before Stormpaw, looking a bit sheepish. "At least, I think it is. I'll be honest, I don't know what all apprentices and warriors do outside of get food for everybody and protect the Clan and be super cool, so I kinda focused on those things. What does Owlshriek teach you? Is he nice?"
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 23:54

Stormpaw

Stormpaw watched with an amused little smile as Iriskit destroyed her leaf. “Owlshriek is really nice. And he teaches me hunting, fighting so I can defend our clan from rival clans or predators, how to navigate our territory and recognize other clans territories… things like that.” He flicked his tail. “I think the important thing about being a warrior is following the warrior code. It’s a matter of honor.” He shrugged.

“But.” He looked around and then hooked his claws into a wet moss ball that had rolled away from the nursery during the kits earlier playtime. “Hunting is very important, and part of the warrior code includes caring for your clan. We do hunt things like voles and mice here in Riverclan, but our biggest source of food is, of course, the river.”

Stormpaw admitted to himself that he was enjoying this, just a bit. It was fun, getting to be the teacher as opposed to the student. “Catching fish is a little bit tricky. You don’t pounce on it; at best you’d just get your fur wet with nothing to show for it, and at worst you’ll get caught in the river. So instead you have to learn to sneak up on them, and then…” He reached his paw down and hooked his claws into the moss ball, tossing it up and towards himself before placing his paw on it again. He smiled at Iriskit, and rolled the moss ball back towards her. “Now you try.” He said.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySun 19 Jun 2022 - 0:37

Iriskit listened intently, fixing her posture a little bit as Stormpaw took the time to teach her. Her tail flicked a bit absently. This was amazing! It was like she was already an apprentice! An apprentice to an apprentice. An... apprentice's apprentice? Junior Apprentice? Apprentice in training? Her ear twitched a bit at the thought before she crinkled her nose a bit paying more active attention to Stormpaw. Focus! She couldn't get distracted, it would be rude and disrespectful. She had to be honorable, like a warrior.

As Stormpaw's claws latched into the moss ball, Iriskit's pupils constricted, staring dead at the ball as the tom tossed it up into the air, watching it fall back down. When he rolled the moss ball back to her, she instinctively lowered herself into a crouch, preparing to pounce and bat the ball around. But Stormpaw's instruction caught in her mind, and she managed to stop herself from launching at it. This wasn't play time, it was training! She had to listen to Stormpaw and do it right. She lifted herself a bit from her crouch and began to stalk the moss ball, picturing it as a little fish wriggling in the water (not too difficult a feat with the rain making everything so wet). She kept her steps light, each paw placement very precise and careful as she slowly approached the moss fish, unsuspecting of its fate. Her tail flicked once. Twice. And then with all the might her little body could muster, she batted the moss ball into the air with a paw.

Being as small and young as she was, the ball didn't travel very far, only going just a bit above her head as opposed to the seeming miles Stormpaw had managed to toss it. But in the process of tossing it, instead of tossing it straight up like Stormpaw had managed, she had tossed it slightly behind her. Panicked at how little time she had to move from the small toss, she simply reacted. Rearing up on her hind paws, she caught the moss ball between her forepaws and brought it down to her chest. But she had risen too quickly- she lost balance from her stance and fell on her back with a small squeak of startle.

She stared for a moment up at the sky before turning her head to face Stormpaw. "Like that? Did I do it?"
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] EmptySun 26 Jun 2022 - 13:09

Stormpaw

Stormpaw was rather impressed. Iriskit was untrained, and limited by her age and size, but she had good instincts. He gave a rumbling, approving purr. He reached over and gently bapped her nose with his paw. “Traditionally, you’re not supposed to fall with the fish,” He teased gently, his warm voice keeping his tone light. “But that was very good, Iriskit.” He praised.

He leaned down and gently took Iriskit by her scruff, lifting her up and setting her back down on her four paws. The purr was still rumbling from his chest when he told her, “I’m impressed. I may still be an apprentice, but I can tell you’re going to make an amazing warrior.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]   Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Rays of Sunshine on Stormy Days [c]
Page 1 of 1