Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Familiar Stranger (Open)

Go down 
+3
Karuna
speedy
Ankle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 1226

A Familiar Stranger (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 pm

OOC: This is open to any ShadowClanners. If your character is rather young, specifically born after the Asylum sitewide happened, they will most likely not know her at all. The characters can react in any way they want.

IC: The former warrior of ShadowClan, Ebonysong, didn’t know how long she had been lost. After being captured by Twolegs, she had been injured and couldn’t find her way back home. She had been away from ShadowClan for so long that she didn’t think she remembered many of her Clanmates’ faces. They probably don't even remember me, she thought, glancing over at the border. Ebonysong could smell the scent of home, but as much as she wanted to just cross over and announce herself as a former ShadowClan warrior, she knew to be wary. Too much had happened. To her, and to ShadowClan. She'd failed them as a deputy after she had stepped down, and to make matters worse, left without a word. Still...maybe Murkystrike and Flintstar would still remember her. Maybe even Mistyfalcon, her old friend. Ebonysong knew that her scent would be regarded as unfamiliar, strange, one of a loner. So, the gray she-cat stood there uncomfortably, waiting for a patrol, or some cats out hunting, to discover her and take her home.

Ebonysong of ShadowClan Willowheart of StarClan Streamtail of RiverClan

Siggy by Sumashira <333333333333333

Proud founder of The Jolly Crisis Crew

Honeykit of SkyClan Rosepaw of StarClan
(Not pictured) (Not pictured)
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 9:55 pm

Swiftheart was out on a walk stretching her legs and enjoying the nice sunny day. She walked along happily and in her usual good and cheery mood.

(She is the daughter of Mistyfalcon and Murkystar, however does not look aton like her parents, except for her eyes which are very similar to Mistyfalcon's eyes)

Swiftheart caught an unfamilar scent that was coming from the border and tilted her head curiousoy... hmm not a clan cat for sure... loner?

She got a little nervous ... was the Forgotten order back somehow? She approached carefully until she spotted the grey she cat sitting and waiting patiently at the border.

She glanced around and not seeing anyone else she relaxed and let her fur lie back down along her back... there did not appear to be a threat and who knows maybe she would get lcuky and even get to make a friend! The extraverted, friendly white furred molly stood up revealing herself from the undergrowth where she had been looking around and observing Ebonysong.

"Greetings loner... I am Swiftheart of Shadowclan" she purred a warm smile on her face. The loner was sitting on the outside of their border so there was no threat and it must have meant that they knew about the borders somehow which was interesting indeed, loners usually just went where they pleased but this one deliberatly had stopped before entering shadowclan land... hmm very interesting Swiftheart thought to herself.

"You seem to know a little about the ways of the clans?" she asked very curiously and in a friendly tone.

"Seeing as how you did not cross the border at least?"

Swiftheart met the strangers gaze, her blue eyes a pure reflection of her fathers (Mistyfalcon's).

"been along time since loners were out and about... are you lost?" she asked curiously and also wanting to help this cat find their way if she could, perhaps they were looking for someone or something?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Characters : *(C)loudkit*(H)oneycomb *(S)treamtail *(E)bonysong *(W)illowheart *(R)osepaw
Clan/Rank : (H) SKC T2 warrior (S) RC T5 warrior (E) SC T3 Warrior/Former Deputy (C) SKC kit
Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 10:34 pm

Ebonysong’s ears twitched at the sound of a new cat. She stepped back a bit at the sudden appearance of the white she-cat with the vibrant blue eyes, who seemed not-so-hostile. Well that's...rare. I was expecting some sort of confrontation. Then again, Ebonysong didn’t recognize her, and she’d still have to be cautious. There was no telling what could happen. Her own, intense silvery-blue ones met the she-cat’s blue eyes. Something seemed a little…familiar with her eyes. Had she met the she-cat before? No, it wasn’t possible. Ebonysong would’ve recognized her instantly, and the she-cat did not seem to remember her either. Slightly hesitant, Ebonysong contemplated what to say. “It’s…complicated. I do have…experience. A lot of experience with…Clan cats. But I’m not lost, no. I’m right where I need to be, actually. If you could… I was hoping if you could take me to your camp? I’m not sure if there are still cats that know me, but maybe your leader could help.” Ebonysong's tail wrapped around her paws, not knowing what else to say. The leader might not even be Flintstar. It might not even be Murkystrike, whom she also knew. If it was a new cat, she would have to be extra convincing if the new leader wasn't as friendly to loners and rogues.

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2207

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 10:53 pm

Rosepaw loved following cats out of camp, if only to be able to leave camp at all. Bonus points if the cat didn't know she was following them, which she hoped her favorite sister didn't. And in a way, with what she was doing, she was training herself. ShadowClan cats were known for And she was getting pretty good at that, if nothing else.

She was just about to pop out and scare Swiftheart when her older sister stopped, talking to some strange cat. And by the way the conversation sounded, neither of them knew each other. But the new cat apparently knew her Clan.... and wanted to be taken to her camp.

"No! You will never get to our camp, you filthy rogue! Get out of here, before we claw your ears off!"

She jumped out of the bushes, spoofing out her fur and trying to look as scary as possible. But then she did something weird. She started laughing.

"Ha ha! I bet I scared ya, didn't I? Don't worry, you just got pranked by the best prankster of ShadowClan, Rosepaw herself! You should have seen the look on your face, new cat! You looked so scared! Ha! It's okay, I bet we can take ya to camp, I don't think you are gonna be too much trouble. Not for me, anyway."

A Familiar Stranger (Open) SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 4:07 am

Just as Ebonysong thought that the two of them were alone, a younger she-cat jumped out of the bushes and started yowling threats and calling her a rogue. Maybe for effect, the younger she-cat also decided to puff out her calico fur and Ebonysong blinked slowly, slightly confused. Is she trying to intimidate me? Then, the younger she-cat broke into a grin and started laughing. Ebonysong just shook her head in a mix of exasperation, amusement and confusion, before replying, “you’re good at this sneaking around, I wouldn’t expect any less from a ShadowClan cat.” Hearing the new arrival talk about how she wouldn’t be “too much trouble”, Ebonysong had to hide her amusement at the pure confidence and eagerness of the smaller calico. Definitely more inexperienced than the other one, then. “So is she your apprentice?” The dark-gray she-cat asked, directing the question to the white she-cat.

Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 6:12 am

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow was just on her own hunting patrol. She was just finishing burying a frog in the dirt before she heard the sound of pawsteps behind her. She glanced back before spotting a member of her friend group, Rosepaw... Or the tail of her. Before she could greet the apprentice, she suddenly heard a few more voices. She pushed through the trees, seeing a cat she didn't recognise with Swiftheart and Rosepaw.

Marshmallow sniffed the air. Loner scent. Though she speaks as if she's been here before. "Oh, Rosepaw is an... Ignorant cat's apprentice." She mewed, responding to the she-cat's last question. "I'm Marshmallow. I don't recognise you, but you seem..." It's hard to put into words. "Like you've been here before if that makes sense. You look like you'd fit right into the marsh." She explained, tilting her head. "Rosepaw and Swiftheart are my friends." She nodded at the two as she said their names.

"So, who are you, really?"

kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5664

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 1:14 pm

Sitting around in camp, Mistyfalcon had decided, was going to drive him insane. As an elder, he had nothing but time on his paws. Time to reflect on everything that had happened, time to think on the recent losses, of Murkystar and Loudnose and those before them. Time to worry after Batglow's ill health and Rosepaw's constant antics.

And so it was that he'd decided to take a walk. He would've been just fine on his own, though Harechaser had insisted on joining him. He hadn't the heart to put up much of an argument, though he resented the fact that she seemed to think him an elder incapable of being outside of camp on his own. He was underweight and old, but he wasn't helpless, for fox's sake. She'd chattered at him just as her sisters would've done, though fell silent and seemed to recognize that Mistyfalcon wasn't in the mood for conversation.

The scent of an unfamiliar cat made Harechaser's fur bristle, a hiss escaping her as the cat came into view along with Marshmallow. She was dark-furred with blue eyes and a darker tail tip, and while Marshmallow seemed to think the old she-cat looked as if she strangely belonged (she did, Harechaser admitted to herself, that didn't mean she actually belonged here) Harechaser was still wary of her. She wasn't as harebrained as Rosepaw, however, the rogue didn't seem to be hostile, and she wouldn't resort to threats she couldn't back up. Her whiskers twitched at Marshmallow's words. She was right. Turning her focus back to the unfamiliar rogue, Harechaser spoke. "Who are you?"

Harechaser had stepped in front of Mistyfalcon protectively, eyeing the stranger warily. Mistyfalcon could only give her a disgruntled look as he sidestepped, surprised recognition showing on his scarred face. "Ebonysong?" He never thought he would see her after she'd disappeared... That seemed like a lifetime ago. "You've been gone a while... I suppose you wouldn't recognize them. Swiftheart, Harechaser and Rosepaw are my kits. And some of you have more sense than others." He added, the slightest hint of an irritated growl edging into his voice as he eyed Rosepaw pointedly.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 5:45 pm

🌲【Forestpaw】🌲

Forestpaw hadn't ever been one to snoop around and poke his nose where it doesn't belong but curiosity had gotten the better of him when he noticed Rosepaw slinking away from his peripheral vision. She was known to cause mischief, or at least find it. He waited for a few moments so he could put some distance between them. He didn't want her to notice him. Hopefully he wouldn't get into trouble for doing this...

He was quite surprised once he had stopped when the younger she-cat had. Swiftheart was just beyond them conversing with a strange cat. A loner or rogue perhaps? She didn't smell like any of the other clans. He remained hidden behind some shrubbery in the meantime. He wanted to watch this unfold before he'd either make his presence known or return back to camp.

A group had formed within minutes after he'd arrived. Aside from Swiftheart and Rosepaw, Marshmallow, Harechaser, and Mistyfalcon had arrived at the scene. It was an unusual sight yet he didn't feel any malicious presence. The strange cat— which he now knew was named Ebonysong thanks to Mistyfalcon— had nothing suspicious about her. She seemed wary and a bit overwhelmed. He felt for her. She was being bombarded by all these new faces from her old home. At least Mistyfalcon was here. They seemed to know each other and he can bring her some comfort. He bit the inside of his cheek. Should he go over to the group? He sighed. Might as well. Mistyfalcon and Swiftheart probably scented his presence before.

Stepping out of his hiding place, he walked over to the others, a bashful look on his face. "H-Hey guys... I got curious about all the fuss a-and decided to follow. I was hiding over there," he gestured to the spot he'd been occupying, "And heard most of what was going on. S-Sorry for being nosey..." He shot his clanmates a guilty look before he turned to look at Ebonysong. He offered her a small yet warm smile. "I'm Forestpaw. Nice to meet you, Ebonysong. I-I'm glad you found your way back home."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 7:59 am

Swiftheart had all her attention on the possible danger of this loner that she had not at all expected or heard her younger sister Rosepaw to be following her.

when Rosepaw jumped out it scared Swiftheart, as she did a little jump in the air out of suprisment.

"dacahhkkk" she spun around and upon realizing who it actually was gave out a little laugh.

"Rosepaw! ... you really got me that time" she admitted with a grin.  

"hmm well yes now you know the best clan prankseter" she agreed with rose and told to ebony.

The dark gray stranger asked if this was her apprentice.

"No... she trains under Snakebite  there was a bit of a colder tone in her voice when she mentioned Snakebite ... not anything too mean but for Swiftheart it was not her usual upbeat usually cheery voice when she spoke of her sisters mentor.  She had not really liked that Snakebite didnt seem to have a care about training his apprentice.  Swiftheart didnt mention this to Rose though ... she didnt want to make anything worse and as it was, Rosepaw was already rebelious.  Swiftheart would just have to take her younger sister out more often in some training perhaps.  

Almsost right after all this, marshmallow appeared and Swiftheart gave her a warm friendly smile "Marshmallow!" she said excited to see her friend.  "Rosepaw and I just met this new cat... maybe she could join our friend group too!" she purred excitedly.  Swiftheart was very talkative, extravered, and loved makeing new friends.  She caught on that Marshmallow apperently also did not enjoy Snakebite... hmm interesting

Then her other sister (Harechaser) and her father (Mistyfalcon) appeared as well.  Swiftheart pointed out Harechaser "Thats my other sister.  And I did train her" she said proudly.  Harechaser was guarding their old man and Mistyfalcon looked quite annoyed by this which made Switheart grin a little.

However, Swiftheart did not expect her father to know this loner...  glancing back to Ebonysong she gave a freindly shrug "He hasn't changed a bit... errr at least since I was a kit that is... " she purred not knowing exactly how long ago Ebonysong had gone missing.

She tilted her head "So ... when did you go missing? Was it back when my mother Murkystar was leader of the clan? Just before I was born then perhaps?  Or was it even earlier? Back in the days of Flintstar who I only heard stories about... hes in the elders den too with Mr. Grump" she was super curious and easily could have asked 100 more questions but tried to bite her tongue best she could.... she also pointed her tail tip at mistyfalcon at the term Mr. Grump but it was a joking nickname that was not at all meant to be mean.  It was more playfull than anything else.  She had always looked up to him and teased him a little bit here and there.  

"Well nevermind all that for now, you look hungry... we can talk over lunch we are glad you are here now" she suggested wanting to be as welcoming as possible.

Then more footsteps sounded and Forestpaw also showed up.  If they kept this up Ebonysong could meet the whole clan again.  It was good to see Forestpaw back up on his paws again and Swiftheart greeted him as well happily. She guessed that soon he would probably be getting his warriors name but she didnt know for certain. He had done a good job of hiding and staying out of sight until he wanted to be seen a good trait of a warrior and Something shadowclan did tend to excell at.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Dusty

Dusty

Characters : Vixenkit
Clan/Rank : shadowclan kit
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 154

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 9:19 am

Vixenpaw followed behind Forestpaw, her ears pricked for any sound. an unfamiliar stench rose up to her. gross. she noticed an unfamiliar she-cat talking to a patrol. Mistyfalcon seemed to recognize her. i hope it's a rouge can fight, she thought to herself.

Leafpaw was following the patrol rather reluctantly when a mysterious she-cat appeared. Swiftheart tried to be friendly, but Rosepaw insisted on screaming empty threats at her. Leafpaw wanted to roll her eyes. didn't her sister notice how the she-cat was waiting at the border? she was obviously a clan cat!
Back to top Go down
Ankle

Ankle

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 11:32 pm

Ebonysong blinked as yet another cat appeared from the trees. Well this is unusual, I hadn’t expected so many of them, she thought, now even more on her guard. This she-cat seemed nice enough, actually, all of them seemed quite welcoming. That was unexpected. “Hello Marshmallow, it’s nice to meet you too. My name is, or was, Ebonysong. I haven’t been here in a very long time, to answer your question. I doubt many of you still know or remember me.” Hearing about Rosepaw’s mentor from both Marshmallow and Swiftheart, she put two and two together. Mistyfalcon had once had a similar situation. While the dark gray she-cat was going to explain herself, and yet another she-cat popped out from nowhere, with someone Ebonysong couldn’t see behind her. “Oh, uhm, hello. My name is-“. She blinked in surprise as the other mystery cat behind the she-cat spoke up, stepping to the side the reveal himself. A sudden wave of emotions flooded through the she-cat. Surprise, sadness and regret sprung inside her as she took one look at her old friend and started going towards Mistyfalcon, before stopping herself. “I-I didn’t think you would still remember me. I didn’t think any cat would.” Ebonysong listened intently to Mistyfalcon as he introduced his kits one by one. “So…you have kits now too. After Brighteye…I apologize, but I wasn’t sure how you would deal with all this. I’m quite happy, and surprised as well, for you Mistyfalcon.” Swiftheart started asking Ebonysong some more questions and the older she-cat tried to explain better. “Murkystar, you say? I am actually older than Murkystar, I was deputy before your mother. I know, I'm old. I'm way older than your dad, too. It’s safe to say that she was a much better deputy than I ever was. I went missing right after the Asylum was defeated, got captured by Twolegs and all that. Wasn’t a fun experience, I personally don’t recommend it,” she noted dryly. Before she could ask the millions of questions still in her head, another younger-looking tom popped out from his hiding place, looking rather nervous and guilty, followed quickly by two more apprentices. This is turning out to be quite the party, Ebonysong noted. The apprentice introduced himself as Forestpaw, and she dipped her head in greeting, not wanting to overwhelm him. “It’s nice to meet you too, Forestpaw, and hello mystery apprentices. I do believe we can go back to camp now? I’d…like to meet your leader, whoever it is.”

Back to top Go down
Dusty

Dusty

Characters : Vixenkit
Clan/Rank : shadowclan kit
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 154

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 9:56 am

Leafpaw twitched her ears. older than Mistyfalcon? would she be accepted into a clan if she couldn't hunt? or would she continue to be a warrior, even though she should be in the elder's den? she knew she should not interfere, but she had to at least introduce her self, right?

"Leafpaw, mistyfalcon's... daughter."

Vixenpaw glared at Eboneysong. yet another cat to feed on the prey she brought home, and she still would have to wait for every other cat to finish their meals before she could take even a bite.

"vixenpaw," she said stiffly, not wanting to go into details about her family.

OOC: vixenpaw had actual player parents (two), but they died a moon ago and she has no littermates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Stranger (Open)   A Familiar Stranger (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Familiar Stranger (Open)
Page 1 of 1