Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Birds of a Feather

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2846

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 am

Batsong walked through windclan teritory near the thunderpath checking borders.

She had the feather that Slightfrost had given to her so long ago tucked sucearly behind her ear making sure it wouldnt blow away or get lost. It reminded her of him and she loved getting to wear it. She hoped that soon he would be able to join her in windclan or at least they could be together in some way or another... maybe they could even become rouges... it would be worth it if she got to be with him more although she prefered the windclan way if that was possible.

She hummed a little as she went along letting her mind kind of wonder on other things not really paying too much attention. The shy mostly quiet black furred molly hardly noticed the scent of rouge hitting her until it was very strong and she jerked herself back to reality and the present.

...hmm what were rouge doing here so close to windclan land? she thought to herself.

The thunderpath was neutral land belonging to no one and it seemed that was were the trail led. She tilted her head curiosuly and followed the scent trail but was extra careful to stay off the path in case of any monsters.

Following it aways she indeed did see a rouge looking cat ahead of her in the distance... hmm what was he doing it looked like he was looking for something along the roadway.

Perhaps he was lost or maybe he was looking for someone...

her curiosity got the best of her and she worked to catch up with him.

Once within earshot she called out to him

"h-h...hello there!!!" she called out getting his attention.

Walking closer she tilted her head very curiously and sniffed a bit at him.

"A-are you lost??" she asked him.

"im batsong of w-w...windclan" she introduced herself.

She was usually shy and didnt enjoy meeting new people but this cat had really gotten her curious as to what he was doing.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 501

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:40 am

A small sandy brown tom walked along the edge of the Thunderpath, watching monsters come and go. But this was no time for games.

Talon was on a mission to gather more feathers. He needed them, slivers of power, and he happened to see a rather unfortunate goose on the side of the blacktop. He put a paw on its head, making whistles and trills, petting the head as he made noises. The goose needed to pass to the sun.

The bizarre apprentice aged cat swiveled his head to hear a Clan cat from across the gorge. She was a little older than he was, more trained. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the WindClan warrior.

Batsong of the winds? I am Talon.” m

He proceeded to grab guard feathers off of the deceased goose’s wing, collecting them into a small pile.

Cats can swim, run, and burrow into the earth, yet no cat can fly. The birds have so much power!

He trilled with his voice, trying to listen for more birds. WindClan territory had few trees, so he didn’t hear any flying by.

Batsong of the winds, what do you follow?
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 2:57 am

Batsong saw the goose as she got closer and saw his neat little pile of feathers. “Ohh you c-collect feathers too???” she said very clearly delighted with this. She pointed her tail to her feather behind her ear that she had been given a gift from her mate with a deep purr.

“Talon hmm rouge n-name for sure” she meowed with a slight stutter …

“I l-like it” she nodded watching as he worked to get more feathers… she glanced at him a little hesitantly

“D-..do you t-thing I could have one of those?” she asked shuffling on her paws shyly as she asked if the small favor. She had gathered lots of interesting feathers but never a goose one and it looked like he had enough to give her just one… but it was his find so she wouldn’t make him.

Then he asked her a somewhat question that caught her off guard … who did she follow?? No what did she follow?? Hmm huh? Did he mean starclan?? Was this some trick by the dark forest to get her to mention starclan just so they would have a reason to attack her? She shuffled back and forth

“Well, I uhh … until recently the s-stars. Now I’m n-not so sure” she admitted … the stars were gone and had left them it seemed.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:05 am

Finally, someone else who appreciated birds!

The tom grinned ear to ear as she asked for a feather.

Do you collect guard feathers or down? There’s plenty here!

The tom knew entirely too much about the quirks of common birds and bent the wing back to take a long guard feather for Batsong.

Goose feathers are protective, they help with long journeys. Geese can fly in almost any weather. May the feather guide you well.

Perhaps she would appreciate the information, and perhaps she would ask for more information. He could ramble until moonhigh about birds.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:20 am

“Oh I l-like the guards feathers”

(Ooc: at least I think … batsong likes the long feathers 🪶)

She happily took the feather he gave her listening to him talk. She was really interested and leaned in wanting more information about it.

Pointing to her white feather she explained it was given to her from her mate and that it was a dove feather. “D-doves are supposed to bring peace and he gave it to m-me to keep me safe and so I would remember him” she explained … she wondered if he would like her explanation at all.

Sitting next to him she plucked at the goose looking for any other good ones.

“I used to h-have a blue feather but I lost it” she said sadly thinking about how it flew away in a strong wind…

I don’t really know what blue feathers represent from bluebirds but I originally g-gave it to my apprentice before th-they…. her voice trailed off sadly not finishing that sentence although it was very clear what had happened

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:27 am

Talon looked to the older she-cat as she spoke. Both her mate and her apprentice? He pursed his lips, not sure of what to say.

Doves mate for life, they stick together no matter what.

Blue feathers can mean lots of things. Some of my favorite feathers are blue. But bluebird feathers are good for newleaf and growth.

She seemed willing to speak with him. Perhaps not all Clans were bad.
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:36 am

She purred at his explanations. She liked the idea that her and slightfrost would stick together no matter what.

As for rosepaw... she liked thinking that she was out there somewhere with a new life and the new growth explanation made her happy to believe that was the case.

She inspected the goose feathers that he had given her and she grinned very clearly pleased with them.

"They really are beautiful." she purred softly looking at the soft details that they had. Then glancing back up at the young tom.

T-thank you for telling me about t-them more. I always l-liked collecting them" she said with a friendly nod.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 3:54 am

Of course, good luck finding more feathers!

Talon looked at the sky and his jaw dropped. A hawk flew through the sky, passing through WindClan territory, heading to Fourtrees and beyond.

Whoa…

Talon felt in his bones, he had to follow it. He hadn’t seen one so close in a long time, since the incident with his father. Perhaps they had nests nearby? He needed to know.

I’m gonna see where that hawk is going, if I get any feathers I’ll bring them by. See you later!

The tom gave chase, running towards Fourtrees, weaving in and out of the Thunderpath and the gravel that lined them on the outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birds of a Feather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birds of a Feather   Birds of a Feather Empty

Back to top Go down

Birds of a Feather
Page 1 of 1