Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3070

Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] Empty
PostSubject: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 18:10

Introduction

So I brought up an idea on the discord about forming a 2nd rogue group, though this one would be far less accepting of outsiders than the Forgotten Order. There will be many differences to distinguish it from the Forgotten Order, but it will forever remain a rogue group. I was debating a family of cats that are basically Vikings in cat form. They will share the same beliefs and have the same traditions (that the site will legally allow) as the Vikings. Due to this nature they are very very likely to be an enemy to clans, much like the Forgotten Order is, except the Viking cats can claim rogue territories and potentially displace the Forgotten Order/cause trouble for them as well. Or maybe they will become allies, who knows? Anyway, getting into the meat and potatoes of this idea below.

Group Specific Rules

Only Norwegian Forest Cats (face claims) are allowed in this group. Luckily the Norwegian Forest Cat has a lot of interesting coat patterns so no one has to worry about looking too terribly identical. The only exception to this rule would be if the Viking group took mates and brought those mates into the group. Even then, seeking out cats similar to the Norwegian Forest Cat (Maine Coons, for example) would be strongly encouraged. These cats believe they will eventually go back home (more on that later) and a short-haired or even a medium-haired cat would not do well in their frozen world.

These cats are warriors... like... actually. Peaceful members of their society stayed home to tend to other chores. These cats specifically would be raiders and pillagers. They're not peaceful. They're not afraid of violence. Death doesn't bother them. They love their culture, their way of life, and to the abyss with anything that isn't like them. This has been instilled in them from birth and they should not be easily swayed from it.

Yes, female warrior Vikings existed and there is no exception here. I believe they were called Shield-Maidens. You can have a female cat in this group if you'd like and she will be just as fierce as her male brethren. That said, I'd definitely love it if the genders were an even or nearly even split. I know this site tends to prefer females, which is fine, but still.

None of them join clans. It is discouraged at the moment in Character Creation anyway to create rogues that join clans. If say... a year or so out a few join the clans, okay, but that should not be anyone's goal initially and not for quite some time after they first set foot in the world that they were told to pillage and plunder. They would also believe the clan cats to be lesser since they do not follow or worship the Norse gods.

Where Did they Come From?

Somewhere way up river. If Staff is awesome and allows it, I'd like them to arrive via log that they rode down the river. They'd likely make their first stop on Riverclan territory and a battle is very likely (absolutely should) ensue from thread 1. It'll be a nice introduction to this group for the clans and vice-versa. It also fulfills a requirement or two to begin the ranking process for rogues. They could make mentions of their homeland, mention it being snowier and colder than here, but as for a name, I couldn't tell you yet. Feel free to throw out suggestions! They'd never have Riverclan stats per se, but they should probably have little fear of the water and swim well enough to survive a fall into the river.

Things to Consider

If you'd like to try giving them an accent via apostrophes and such in odd places, feel free, otherwise maybe just mention that they have a Norwegian accent or of the Scandinavian areas (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, etc.). I wouldn't expect anyone to google translate actual sentences from any of these languages, but it might be fun if we did! Up to the players. It might be a fun tool to use for the group to communicate only with each other and the clan cats don't know what they're saying, but I can absolutely leave that open for discussion.

Try to give them all Norse names. Note that they would be unlikely to name themselves after the gods that they worship. It is an insult.

Should they be all related, or should they all be from different parents so that they could breed with each other and create more Norwegian Forest Cat Vikings and help the group grow? No, they're not supposed to do that, being on a raiding mission and all, but if they ended up stuck in Clantown longer than anticipated with no way of getting home quickly (log gets destroyed in a storm or on some rocks?) who knows what will happen.

Concluding

These are all rough ideas and I'd like input on anything that is under "Things to Consider". I will add more things as time goes on or as the community gives me ideas. If this doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, but it seemed enough people would want to do it in the discord I figured I could at least toss a page up to get discussions going. I will probably add more onto this page when I have had time to properly sit and think about this and I'm not at work typing between tasks. Definitely share whatever knowledge you have on Scandinavian culture or beliefs that I have either left out or just weren't aware of. I'm far from an expert on this subject. Staff can weigh in as well if something I suggest is Not Okay To Do.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 18:11

This would take place after the sitewide ends, by the way.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Gellybean

Gellybean

Aries Cat
Number of posts : 302

PostSubject: Re: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 20:06

wow I love this idea :D question: would there be a sort of "leader" for the group? like a chief?

Gingerkit ✦ Kit | Dreamyflight ✦ T1 Warrior | Whitepaw ✦ Apprentice
Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] Untitl10
Drawn by Moths
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/chips-cookies
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Characters : (P)ineheart, ✝ (R)ainpaw, ? (M)aggotpaw ? [S]nailpaw
Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice
Number of posts : 427

PostSubject: Re: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] EmptyThu 7 Apr 2022 - 10:43

why me

I'd absolutely love to do this! I have no open spots though and probably won't have any by the end of the sitewide. I could rush and get try to get Pineheart a higher warrior tier but I was planning on putting Ra (A sphynx cat) into that spot, I love her idea too much. But I can try out names for their group.

De Norrøne Kattene (The Norse Cats (FORGIVE ME I'M USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE))
Thors Lojale Katter (Thor's Loyal Cats)
De Nordiske Kattene (The Nordic Cats)
Katter Av Stein (Cats Of Stone)

Snailpaw
Tom

PM me for plots n stuff

roman numerals, in case you need them
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] EmptyFri 8 Apr 2022 - 22:00

Chipp wrote:
wow I love this idea :D question: would there be a sort of "leader" for the group? like a chief?

Probably not. I think they would literally just be a raiding party and see each other as equals. If a "leader" happened to arise during RP, then great, but it won't start out that way.

Cats of Stone sounds pretty cool. No idea what to actually call the group yet. Thank you for the suggestions Moths!

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]   Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea] Empty

Back to top Go down

Viking Cats? [New Rogue Group Idea]
Page 1 of 1