Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Vigil [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 13:48

ooc; this is Mottlerose's vigil, there probably won't be a posting order. <3

"Mottlerose! Mottlerose! Mottlerose!"

The cheers still played in her mind from what felt like both ages and only moments before. It was a surreal feeling - to know that she had earned her warrior name. A goal so distant, yet, she had reached it. All the tortoiseshell had known in her life up until that point was a deep yearning, a constant searching to find out who she would truly be. How would she best serve her Clan? Would she have followed the path of a warrior, or instead, of a medicine cat? They were questions it seemed like she had to find the answers to so long ago, and she couldn't help but grieve the part that knew they had now been answered.

She was Mottlerose. A warrior of Thunderclan.

Pride swelled within her chest as she thought about it. There was even a moment where she had swore she heard Stoatstar's voice echoing with the Clan, cheering her on. Even though she had earned her name, her work wasn't over yet. It simply meant she had passed the first tests. Gratitude had been passed moments before to each cat who had helped her along the way. Stoatstar, Thrushnose, Minnowfin... All of them had truly pushed her in some way to do her best. How could she let any of them down? They all were amazing warriors. Stoatstar was a testament to never judging a book by its cover, as the short tom had a vast array of knowledge and passion to him. He cared so deeply for his Clan, even if it meant neglecting his own needs. Thrushnose held even more wisdom than Stoatstar, and the respect she was due was well-earned. Minnowfin... Her gaze drifted downwards slightly, almost bashful to be thinking about the tom. Despite being rather close in age to Mottlerose herself, he had been selected to be Stoatstar's deputy. The molly quickly had been given the privilege to learn exactly why that was, as he too was a phenomenal warrior.

Tradition decreed she would sit in silent vigil overnight, her first sign of her evolved dedication to her Clan. In the meantime, the new warrior had taken the time to clear out her nest from the Apprentice's den. Her whiskers had twitched in amusement as she went in to remove her nest, the moss having been placed in one of the best places as she had seniority. It was a luxury she would be without for some time, but it was welcomed. Even though she traded her prime location in, to have a much less crowded place to sleep was greatly appreciated. Even though it would remain unused for the night, Mottlerose had found her place within the warrior's den.

A brief nap had been taken, so she would have the energy to be able to watch over the camp. Excitement could have easily carried her through the night, but the molly had to practice what she preached. If she would push Stoatstar back into his den for a nap before she would go out with him to train, she could push herself to take a brief rest to properly guard the Clan.

As the night began its descent upon the forest, Mottlerose dipped her head to each cat she passed as her vigil began. Placing herself at the entrance, the tortoiseshell wrapped her tail around her paws. Her amber gaze watched both inside and just beyond the camp's walls, allowing her mind to solely focus on the sounds of the forest around her, only to be disturbed by whoever wished to congratulate or greet her.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 16:35

"You remind me of myself."

The voice came before the slender frame of the leader slipped into the silvery moonlight. He'd waited until around moonhigh to abandon his nest. This night had been a sleepless one, like so many others. Had she been able to speak, Stoatstar was certain that the new warrior would have chastised him back into the leader's den. But the nagging of a sharp, albeit well-meaning, tongue would not ease his churning thoughts.

There were few times that he had entered Minkstar's den prior to the former leader's passing. It had been this foreign place - a coveted oasis with a soft, sandy floor, smooth walls and spacious enough for more than one cat. Truly, it was the best den in all of Thunderclan. But the flat stone made his thoughts echo louder than ever before, and now they weren't drowned out by the soft snores of clanmates. Instead, Stoatstar was left to wrestle with his own mind. The wind was drowned out and yet, there seemed to be a persistent chill. Maybe he'd contrived it as an excuse to leave.

Regardless, one thing had not stopped bounding around in his head - the idea that so many other leaders before him had once found themselves sitting along in the same den, likely wrestling with the same thoughts. It was something Minkstar had spoken over just before the breath left his body. Rather than being a comfort, it was more disconcerting, providing almost a hopeless feeling and there was only so long that he could sit in it before going insane. In spite of the cold, the little tom wanted to leave the camp and attempt to clear his head like he had so many times before. He'd forgotten that it was Mottlerose keeping watch tonight.

"In some ways. More well-adjusted, though, I think. Certainly capable. It was no mistake to make you a warrior." He sighed and settled on his haunches on the other side of the entrance. Eyes rose to find the moon and traced the shimmering display of silverpelt. As he did, Stoatstar continued to speak, "I hope you don't mind me interrupting. Sleep has never come easy to me, since kithood and it had only become more elusive. Company is nice but I'm not one to ask for it." Being so honest felt odd but if he took a moment to consider it, exhaustion had truly caught up to him - it was hard to maintain a barrier in these conditions.

"I'm assuming you made your nest already. Next to Minnowfin? He'll be happy to have you in the den I'm sure. I'm glad he has you too. Even deputyship takes a toll on a cat. Even if I try to shoulder all the burden, I won't be able to spare him from everything. I hope I did the right thing, naming him deputy so young. He never got to know life as a warrior."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 6:05

Her relaxed frame stiffened upon the particular voice that caught her attention. Had it been any other cat, she would have stayed much more relaxed. For whatever reason, she felt the need to stand up straighter - to prove that she was focused on the task at hand. Even if she had been while not keeping every muscle on high alert.

Once her initial ripple of surprise had passed, thoughts raced through her mind. It was moonhigh, and if anything, he should have been well asleep, just like the rest of the clan. But surely there was a reason he was awake. As it was indeed her silent vigil, the easy path to chase him back to sleep was no longer in front of her paws. Instead, her amber gaze studied the tom's frame, the signature tilt of her head accompanying it. Mottlerose certainly could see the exhaustion that had crept into his frame, but at the same time, could also see the energy that counteracted the will to pull him to rest.

Having assumed he would simply pass by, she dipped her head in respect to the marbled tom. His words were surprising, but at the same time... she had seen how dedicated Stoatstar was to his clan. The feeling of pride but also a bit of bashfulness rumbled within her chest, feeling unaccustomed to such praise. Her whiskers twitched as he settled down opposite from her, allowing the molly to rise her head from its respectful position. Mottlerose shook her head as a response to her minding his company. Even if she did, she wouldn't be one to deny her leader.

A brief smile had flicked on her maw at his comment about sleep being ellusive, as if to say "I know," in a silent manner. More often than not, it seemed like most of their interactions relied upon her attempting to mother him, to herd Stoatstar towards some modicum of self-care.

While her ears remained on a consistent swivel to scan the forest beyond her new-found company, Mottlerose had to look away in true bashfulness upon Stoatstar's next promptings. She had made her nest as close to Minnowfin's as she could, while still retaining the respect of the den's heirarchy. It had just so happened the spot next to his nest had been empty, and after confirming it with other warriors, it had ended up as her chosen spot. The tom had become a favorite companion of the tortoiseshell, and she could deny it all she wished, but the truth was there. Stoatstar even seemed to notice it.

"I'm glad he has you too." Once more, her head tilted towards the leader. It was heartwarming to hear from the short tom. "He cares about him like a son..." The molly mused within her mind. He pushed, and pushed, and pushed his Clan to be better... all because he cared. It had caused a bit of a stir within the camp the day Minnowfin had been named deputy, but from the very first moment, she had placed her faith in them both. To Mottlerose, it seemed Stoatstar was hoping she would continue to be the support Minnowfin had, much as Minnowfin supported Stoatstar. Without a doubt in her mind, her answer was yes.

Her paws itched to do something in response. Being a she-cat of few words had already made the vigil easier than it may have been for most, but this was one of the few times she felt the need to say something. Taking a few steps, she gently pressed her nose to the tom's shoulder out of respect - her way of promising. "I will be there for Minnowfin. I promise." Her gesture didn't linger long, only enough to get the message across, before she resumed her position of guarding. Images of the silvery tom danced across her mind, and a certain warmth within her chest continued to rumble like a purr.

As she promised to be there for Minnowfin, the promise Mottlerose had made to herself so long ago was renewed. She would be there for all of her Clan. Stoatstar, Dovefrost, Thrushnose, Softpaw, Minnowfin... She would do her best to help all of them how she could. To somehow, in some way, be a cat they could lean upon when needing a moment of respite.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 8:18

Softpaw awoke in the apprentice den eyes wide awake, body full of energy, he had been sentenced to a moon in camp by Stoatstar his adopted father as a punishment for being such a dorkhead.... he sighed frusttrated with himself... his "father" was right... he was a total mousebrain he regreted alot of his decisions ... but at the same time deep down he did want what was best for thunderclan, he just seemed to mess every good intention he had up.

He was unable to sleep with this guilt knawing away at him, and the grounding from leaving camp made his body full of energy as he was used to training and hunting all day, now his days were simple of cleaning around camp and picking bugs off the elders, he felt like he was worthless.

Getting to his paws he wanted to stretch out and take a breather, not to leave camp... he would obey stoats orders but just a walk around the clearing of the camp.

As he walked along the voices of the 2 caught his attention... Mottlerose was on vigil he knew that but what was Stoatstar doing up so late??

He slowly approached them and sat down next to them. He gave both of them a sheepish grin.

"Cant sleep either?" he asked stoatstar... obviously he knew mottlerose had to stay awake.

He sat with them for a bit in silence... the guilt was still heavy on him over his previous stupid mistakes....

Taking a deep breath he looked at them both ... "I ermm I uhh" he muttered

"I'm sorry for all the trouble I have been causing... I dont mean to... I just always..." the words were hard to say and he was choking up a little, a rare side that he hated to show to anyone...

"I always seem to mess things up... I do want what's best for my clan" he said head hung low.

"Minnowfin has been a great deputy... I'm sorry I d-d.. did not see that earlier" he said quietly.

After staying quiet for a little longer he gave a playful grin to Mottlerose

"Keep an eye on him" he winked pawing at her playfully letting a small purr out. Which was unusual for him.

"And congratulations again on your warrior name MottleROSE" he purred emphasising the new suffix that she had acheived. He was super proud of her, thunderclan was growing stronger and that is what he wanted so badly. He wanted his clan to succeed even if his visions in how to do so were sometimes flawed or differed from that of Stoatstar's

Turning to the leader he dipped his head in respect. "I promise never to challenge you like that again... i'm sorry" he said

he cautiously approached him and nuzzled his head into Stoats shoulder as a sign of respect. The anger within him was still there but it was directed at himself now not at others, he still had yet to learn how to deal with it at times but he vowed to himself to work on it none the less.

He sat with them looking up at the stars and all the beauty they had... Perhaps even now Minkstar was looking down at them smiling as he watched his clan continue to survive.

"Stoatstar... do you think my parents are up there?" he asked tilting his head.

His biological parents were always brushed aside whenever brought up and he never found out what happened to them... it was always a

perhaps when your older or a
hmm I dont want to talk about that right now

In some ways,,, in alot of ways Softpaw understood that maybe Apple and stoat were really close to them and talking of their untimely death was too sore to talk about... he hoped his question was not overstepping but at the same time he wanted to know... the thought that his parents were in starclan looking out for him was comforitng.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw(ShC), [Q]uillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3227

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 5:24

Reedpaw woke up at the sound of voices. he wondered if he should go back to sleep until he heard Softpaw's voice. oh, forget it, he'll never go to sleep now! huffing, the calico tom slunk out of the den, careful not to trample on any unfortunate cat below him, and headed into the moonlight. "Stoatstar...... do you think my parents are up there?" softpaw's voice sounded. Reedpaw stopped in his tracks, anger slowly burning in his heart.

Did Softpaw think their parents where in Starclan? if they were, they wouldn't have left them! only a weak warrior would not be able to defend herself! huffing, the calico tom turned and ran out of a small gap in the walls of the camp. he needed space to clear his mind.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2

Art Requests | Character Profiles

Last edited by Copperbeans on Sat 26 Feb 2022 - 4:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 6:49

The warrior froze as apprentices seemed to stir in the night, a stern gaze coming from her as she wanted to especially usher Softpaw back to sleep. The young warrior could excuse Stoatstar being awake, as he certainly had the stamina and ability to put up with a restless night. But her old denmates? No. They needed rest. They were still very much growing, and if they didn't sleep, that simply wouldn't do.

As much as she wished to part her paw and criticize them, vigil forbade her from doing such. Instead, she simply turned her head to focus beyond the camp. A sense of awkwardness pricked at her paws in response to hearing Softpaw's apology, feeling a moonhigh confession was a bit... strange. At least, it certainly felt like something she wasn't to witness.

Her piece with Stoatstar had been communicated, and so the new warrior went to focus upon what was important - protecting her clan for the night.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 11:56

(oh wait... we know our parents are rouge?? I did not know that the apprentices knew that XD ... hermmmm ok I thought apple and stoat never told us about our parents)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw(ShC), [Q]uillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3227

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 4:11

( confusing, but turns out they never did. let me edit my post. when will they know? )

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 4:55

(yeah idk I was trying to get Stoat to spill it in this topic XD)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Vigil [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Vigil [OPEN]   A Vigil [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Vigil [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1