Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dusk and Ice [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 7:58

It'd only been a while since he last returned to camp. Though various news remained a mystery, throughout that, a certain smaller individual has caught his attention. A wide-eared, somewhat introverted, but curious kit. She was the kit that he spotted as he returned, although haven't got to interact much with her yet. Her fur reminded him of Frostgaze— and although he wasn't very sure of it, she was probably not related to him. At least, he didn't assume that just yet.

Carrying what little left he could've caught in Leaf-bare, Duskflight held a lizard between his teeth, swiftly ducking under the thorn bush and entering camp. It was dusk by then. And under the ombre-colored hues of the sky, he spotted a small, white figure near the entrance of the nursery. He'd recognized her, though he hadn't got to know her name yet. She was one of the cats that came to greet Basilbloom and him from the journey. And so, with the friendliest smile he could, the dark-furred tom approached the little she-kit.

"Greetings, I'm Duskflight. I'm sure you recognize me from the crowd before, though I haven't been able to get to know you. What's your name, little one?" He mewed, setting the lizard down beside the kit. "I haven't been able to catch much, unfortunately. Though I'm not that hungry, now. I don't mind if you have it for yourself." Duskflight purred. Hopefully, this would be a good enough conversation starter.. he hasn't talked to a kit in such a while.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:46

Icekit immediately pushed herself up from where she was lying on the ground, and sat tall in the warrior's presence. Her whiskers twitched as she stared at Duskflight with wide eyes. A warrior had yet to come up to initiate conversation with her. Not even apprentices, really. Icekit suddenly grew self-conscious about if she was looking too bored in camp, and if that was why Duskflight had come to speak with her.

"It is nice to meet you, Duskflight," Icekit meowed. "I hope you are doing well. I know that you have just returned from a long trip." In her brief panic, she almost missed the other question that was asked of her. "My name is Icekit. Birchcoat is my mother." She figured that this was what Duskflight was most curious about, right? After all, her litter had been born while he was gone.

When Duskflight then offered the lizard to Icekit, their gaze dropped down to the food. Their stomach rumbled. She was often hungry, since she was weaned off of her mother's milk, but the leafbare had been harsh. Icekit had almost grown used to the feeling of hunger that raked her belly. It was all she had known.

"Is that...alright?" Icekit asked uncertainly and her tail flicked around. Icekit knew how hard the season had been on everyone, and she'd always seen fresh prey be deposited into the food storage for the entire clan; not immediately given to one cat to feast. She didn't know if this was against the rules. "Am I allowed?"

[OOC: Birchcoat is an NPC!]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 15:48

"Nice to meet you too, Icekit." Duskflight nodded. So her name was Icekit.. which was a name he hadn't heard much of before. Then, the little she-kit's stomach growled. The tom couldn't help but chuckle, and nudge the lizard even closer to her. "Of course, you're allowed, we hunt food for the clan, after all. And kits are one of our top priorities, so don't hesitate too much."  Plus, he doubted a small catch like this would've been efficient for any other cats. He's been unlucky in Leaf-bare so far, and so he wasn't going to push his luck. "I suppose it's a harsh season for everyone around, isn't it? Prey's never been this scarce before." Duskflight paused. He didn't want to ruin the kit's spirits, and so continued. "Newleaf's coming soon, though. And that means prey flourishing back to the forest. We'll have a much better chance at catching them, then."

In all honesty, Duskflight hadn't been able to experience the two other seasons before. What was Newleaf, or Greenleaf like? He'd only heard of them through others' descriptions, and not from himself. "Well.. enough about me rambling, though. How about you? How are you doing, Icekit?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 16:21

Icekit still hesitated, but when Duskflight nudged the lizard closer to her, her hunger won out. She bent down and ate through the lizard, relaxing as her hunger grew silent with each bite. Every mealtime was a delight when there was so little to go around.

She glanced up at Duskflight between bites of the lizard. "You mean it's not always like this?" she asked. With the naivety of a kit who had yet to experience much of life, Icekit had started to believe that the world was just like this: cold, icy, with hunger constantly chewing away at you. It wasn't as if she had thought to ask if there was any different in store.

She finished off the lizard and licked her lips of the delicious taste. She felt satiated once again, which allowed her to relax as she looked back to the warrior.

"I'm doing well," she said. "A bit bored, I guess. There's not much to do but lay around." Once again, she longed to be the age of an apprentice, if nothing else than to be allowed to leave the camp.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 1:48

He couldn't help but chuckle at the kit's innocence. "No, it wasn't always like this. While I was an apprentice then, leaves were colorful shades of brown, red, and even yellow. Prey was as far as the eye could see, and the weather though chilly— was still much more comfortable than this. Soon, flowers will bloom, and trees grow back their leaves to welcome Newleaf, I've heard." Looking at the she-kit, Duskflight was glad he'd been able to help. She looked.. hungry then, but she seemed to be much better now with a short meal. "I suppose that's true. Once you've explored all corners of the camp, you're left with nothing else to do."

Duskflight remained silent for a while, thinking with activities he could suggest to her. This she-kit seemed.. calm. What was there he could insist? "Say, once you reach apprentice age.. What would you want to do first, Icekit?" There.. That should help him continue the conversation.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:15

A season where flowers bloomed, there were leaves on trees, and...prey ran around in abundance. It sounded like one of the good dreams Icekit would have on occasion, where she'd stalk and pounce on lizard after shrew after mouse. For it to become a reality...Icekit couldn't even properly imagine it.

Icekit immediately perked up at the following question. "A Gathering," she mewed excitedly and her short tail vibrated with excitement. "I know that it's unlikely I would be able to go as an apprentice, and I would probably have to wait longer still. But I want to go so badly. I want to meet cats from other Clans and learn about how their Clans work. And to tell them stories about how great ShadowClan is."

She wanted to learn exactly what advantages or disadvantages the other Clans had; anything that she could use to help her clan. She was useless as a kit. Just another mouth to feed. But as an apprentice, she could hunt for prey, and as a warrior, she could learn about other clans once a moon. There was so much to look forward to that even the thought made her pupils dilate with eagerness.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 18:28

Duskflight purred at Icekit's response. Being enthusiastic was a good trait, especially if you use it to help out others— and your clan. Her excitement reminded him of when he was still an apprentice, and he smiled. Perhaps changing the topic to apprenticeship was good, and after all, she seemed ecstatic about it. "I'm sure you'll be able to go soon, Icekit. I remember my first Gathering during Leaf-fall: crowded with cats, though it was exciting to see all the different clans. If you keep up this spirit during your apprenticeship, I'm sure you'll be able to help out the clan in no time soon." The tom wished to provide hope for the she-kit. Though, glancing up, he soon realized it was getting late. He faced the kit with a smile, excusing himself. "You should go get some rest, Icekit. We can talk again some other time. It was nice talking to you though, I hope we'll have a chat like this soon enough again." The tom chuckled, rising to paws.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Dusk and Ice [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk and Ice [c]   Dusk and Ice [c] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 18:38

Icekit nodded and she relaxed from her eager excitement. She sat on her back paws and nodded. "Thank you, Duskflight. I appreciate you speaking with me." She gave a respectful bow of her head to the warrior before she stood again. "Please, rest well tonight." And finally, she headed back to the nursery to sleep. She needed plenty of rest, after all, so she could grow faster and be the best apprentice she could.

[End.]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan