Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Catch of the Day [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

Catch of the Day [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022, 4:01 am

ooc: This takes place right after Rainpaw's ceremony  Regular

Tendrils of thorns were carefully avoided, the grey and white tom pushing through the camp entrance. Once on the other side, he glanced back, a fond look making sure the apprentice was following. They've got enough energy to take down a badger... and I've got to teach them to use that energy to serve their clan. "I assume you've never been out of camp before?" he managed to insert. This kit's excitement was uncontainable and it allowed him to stay quiet for most of the time, which was relatively pleasing.

The pair trudged along a snow-covered trail, one that led deeper into Thunderclan territory, decorated with bare trees, a white blanket of snow, and an occasional bump where tree roots poked out. Making their way into an area reasonable for hunting, Minnowfin stopped and turned to his apprentice. "For our first training session, I'll teach you how to hunt. It's one of the most important skills any cat needs to survive. Firstly, you need to be able to find your prey. Smell anything?" As an example, the tom parted his jaws, peripheral vision focused on the smaller cat.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Characters : (P)ineheart, ✝ (R)ainpaw, ? (M)aggotpaw ? [S]nailpaw
Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice
Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022, 12:17 pm

Rainpaw followed Quickly behind their Mentor, Minnowfin. "Nope!, Never!" Rainpaw said, Gleaming with excitement, Trotting carefully, And putting in a few topics they liked, Mostly feathers, They liked to look for Feathers, Mostly grayish ones that have something Unique, Like a few extra colors, Most of the time they found just cool rocks, Nothing to put in their fur most of the time, But they cherished the feathers they Did have in their fur, A bit of talking later and they're at the site to hunt. "Hm.. Okay!" Rainpaw sat down, Parting their jaw to smell for nearby prey.

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022, 9:04 pm

A scent lingered in the air, judging by the pungent smell, it was nearby. "Do you smell
that? It's the scent of a vole... see if you can pinpoint where it's coming from.
" he lowered his voice, giving Rainpaw a heartening smile. Observing the apprentice's actions, it was clear to the warrior that the scent was coming from a trailing bush two fox-tail lengths away. "Use all your senses, your ears, eyes, and nose..."

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

Clan/Rank : (P) Riverclan Tier I Warrior, (R) Thunderclan App (M) Skyclan Apprentice [S] Riverclan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022, 10:22 pm

Rainpaw could smell the vole, They tuned into the sounds around, Pupils to Slits, Their Ears began to Swivel, They dropped low, Crawling, Dragging Tail dragging lightly behind them, Being led around Only by the Scent of the vole and the sounds of the Pattering of small paws, Crawling towards a Bush that was, By now, Only a Fox-Tail away, And Finally, Made it to the bush, They ready their Claws and leapt...

Rainpaw Leapt onto the Vole, Sinking their Claws into it, Then Picking it Up and Trotting Happily to their mentor, Minnowfin, Dropping the Dead Rodent on the Ground. "That was Fun!" They said happily, With a Wide Smile

Rainpaw Caught the Vole! -7 SP was Spent! 20/53

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Moths in the Sky on Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15089

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022, 10:22 pm

The member 'Moths in the Sky' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Catch of the Day [Closed] Mistpe10
Catch of the Day [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022, 6:32 am

Rainpaw was a natural, managing to impress the warrior with a successful first catch. "That was impressive! First try, first catch. Just because you caught it first try, does not mean you can't improve though. Next time, try not to let your tail brush against the ground. Even the slightest noise can alert some creatures. Other than that, you did great. I'll see if I can catch some prey as well and give a proper demonstration." he meowed, glad that his apprentice found the activity fun.

Another scent lingered just out of reach; a hare. Alert eyes peered in the direction of the smell, ears focused on the soft thumping of the creature's foot. Keeping his own paws light, he paid attention to where he stepped, body lowered into a mastered crouch. The target came into sight, not too plump and most likely looking for food of its own. He dared not linger too long and lunged, muscles recoiling. Unfortunately, the hare was quick to dart away and though the warrior chased it, his speed was insufficient. A disheartened sigh was barely audible as he padded back to the apprentice. "I hope you studied my hunting crouch; Stoatstar expects all apprentices to have the basics down first thing. Though it got away, I forgot to tell you one more thing. After killing prey, we must always thank Starclan for its life."

Minnowfin attempted to catch a hare. It was unsuccessful.

Minnowfin [disadvantaged stats active -5/-30]
25/30 hp
43/80 sp (-7)

Rainpaw [disadvantaged stats active -5/-30]
15/20 hp
23/60 hp

ooc: 1. tc cats currently have disadvantaged stats due to not holding a disputed territory; fixed Rainpaw's stats. 2. During harsh season, -7 sp is spent on all hunting rolls :)

Last edited by sprout on Fri 18 Feb 2022, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022, 6:32 am

The member 'sprout' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022, 1:05 pm

ooc: hguidfjhg ty i didn't read much about harsh seasons, also you have hp instead of sp on rainpaws thing
Rainpaw Saw their Mentor go into a crouch, Developed by Many Moons of Hunting, Minnowfin didn't Catch the prey, But it was still impressive. "He Does?" Rainpaw remarked about their Adoptive Father "Hm! Interesting!- Oh, Well.. Thanks Starclan, For this Vole, I'm Thankful that it has Existed, Even if it was only to be Caught eventually." Rainpaw Replied to the Rest of Minnowfin's Teaching, Even with the Half baked Thanking, They thought for a second, Then purred out "Well, Should I try out the Crouch and Catch something or will that be it?" Rainpaw says, Almost going to test it out Without Minnowfin's Permission because of the New Knowledge that they've gotten all Excited about.

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022, 11:25 pm

He gave his apprentice an approving nod and answered their question. "I'm sure the clan wouldn't mind having more prey to feast on. Just remember what you've learned today. You'll use it for seasons to come."

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022, 12:06 pm

Rainpaw Nodded and Opened their Jaw to Sniff out a Squirrel, Something that was Slightly Bigger than the Vole they had Caught, They caught a Scent, Leading towards.. A Tree, Expected. They crouched down, Tail off of the Ground this time, They crept up to the tree, Eying it, Looking around for where the Squirrel is, Then Realized this meant Climbing... Ugh. They had to Try, hm.. Let's do this. They thought, They made sure of the Squirrels Location, a Knot in the Tree, They could Corner it in there, They Began to Climb the Tree, Fumbling a Little, Trying to keep as Quiet as they could, And Leapt for the Squirrel (I'm not adding any Special Bonuses for this)

The Squirrel Leapt away in time, Running off to Another Tree, Rainpaw Wasn't able to Catch it, But they Figured Out a bit of Climbing, They Knew that They could use this to their Advantage someday, They leapt off of the Tree and Padded back to Minnowfin. "Did you See that!, I Climbed!.. Clomb? No, Certainly Climbed, Didn't catch it, But I CLIMBED!!" Rainpaw said, Bursting with Excitement.

Rainpaw Didn't Catch the Squirrel, -7 SP! (15HP/16SP)

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Last edited by Moths in the Sky on Sun 20 Feb 2022, 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptySat 19 Feb 2022, 12:06 pm

The member 'Moths in the Sky' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptySun 20 Feb 2022, 8:41 pm

ooc; I'm so sorry if I confused you- disadvantaged stats are a passive thing, the stat deduction is like a starting status. So, Rainpaw still has energy.

Minnowfin supervised as Rainpaw started to climb up. A fall from this height would at most cause a sore body, but one could never be too careful. Squirrels were fast, when up in their trees, they were almost impossible to catch. "Yes, you certainly did! Here's a tip, kit. It is always easier to catch prey when they are in your familiar space. If they are in their familiar space, in this case: the trees, you'll be the one at a disadvantage." The apprentice's energy radiated around, but it did have an end. "Alright, we'll head back now. Don't forget your vole. Today was a good first day of training, don't you think?" Inwardly, the tom was relieved that Rainpaw seemed to be having a good time. He just didn't want them to feel the way he did on his first day.

Minnowfin [disadvantaged stats active]
25/30 hp
43/80 sp

Rainpaw [disadvantaged stats active]
15/20 hp
16/60 sp (I substracted -7 sp from the squirrel hunting roll)

Back to top Go down
Moths in the Sky

Moths in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] EmptySun 20 Feb 2022, 9:31 pm

ooc:aaa ty dw about it, also, the last bit was if i was right, rainpaw has a lot of energy left and will boast with their littermates about getting the deputy as a Mentor until asked to shut up by the other Apprentices :]

Rainpaw picked up their Vole and Nodded, Attempting to get the fact across that They understood, They couldn't wait to tell Reedpaw back at camp what day they had, And this Vole was probably theirs to eat, too! They wondered what the others would think about them Climbing, And started to think about Battle Tactics involving Climbing..

Tom

Faceclaim(s):

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catch of the Day [Closed]   Catch of the Day [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Catch of the Day [Closed]
Page 1 of 1