Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] Empty
PostSubject: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 20:31

"Morning M... we'll be going to Sandy Hollows to spar as soon as you're up-" he meowed near to the grey bundle of fur. Stepping back outside, the rising sun awaited, tainting the pale morning sky a light orange. Did I just call her M out loud? Starclan knows if she's okay with that- he huffed, paws shuffling. Once the apprentice had emerged, he gave her an uncomfortable smile; he didn't dare study the molly's expression too much, in case he found disapproval. Quick to flick his ears towards the camp entrance, they got a move on.

"I expect you had a good rest?" he inquired, with a quick glance to his side at the apprentice. Though usually, he'd keep quiet, the young deputy wanted to make the atmosphere comfortable and was trying his best to keep any awkward mood away. Asking about sleep wasn't a great question for small talk but... it was all he could think of asking at the moment.

Snow caked his frozen paw-pads but they were forced to keep pressing through the frost. Clearly many mentors had come here with their apprentices, as the snow had been pushed around, and paw prints dotted the area. Now it was their turn to make their mark. Choosing a spot where the snow was most even, he turned to the apprentice. Had she gotten taller? That was off-topic. "Today, I've brought you out here to practice your battle moves. We'll be sparring with sheathed claws. Ready?" the warrior spoke while getting into the defensive position he'd learned from his own mentor.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 15:49

Mintpaw hadn’t thought of her Riverclan mentor in a while. Too exhausted to. (And… perhaps, she’d been grateful. It was hard, thinking of her.) But having Minnowfin as her official mentor… It’s hard not to think of Hollyleaf.

The young deputy couldn’t be more different, though. ‘M’? she blinked, rising drowsily from her nest. His cheerful mew rang in her ears. Different, but definitely not in a bad way. He reminds me of Pebblepaw. I bet this is what he’d be like with an apprentice. And Pebble would get there — Mintpaw would make sure of it.

But that was only if she kept up on her own training.

After a stretch — almost brushing her head atop the ceiling — she groomed herself briskly, to prepare. Days in Thunderclan began early, and Mintpaw was growing used to it. When she stepped out and began walking with her gray-furred mentor, her whiskers twitched at his smile — and his question. “I did, thank you. Did you?”

It was hard to say what he was thinking, but Minnowfin did seem like he was trying. He always does. And Mintpaw was trying, too. So when fell into step with him, she thought quietly. Minnowfin said they would be sparring, and she hadn’t — not since Riverclan. But Hollyleaf had gone over the forms.

They arrived before long. The sandy hollow was a training spot, and Mintpaw knew it; it was like the beech copse in Riverclan. A clear area, dotted by the steps of cats, and with a good amount of room — though thankfully, it was just them.

Minnowfin turned, and at his words, Mintpaw nodded.

“I think so,” she mewed, relieved it felt… somewhat familiar to her. She thought maybe Thunderclan training was different… But you should know, Mintpaw. Clans aren’t that different. Trying to remember how, she sank into more of a ready position; muscles coiled.

It wasn’t perfectly balanced: her lucky paw wouldn’t let her be. And it felt… shakier than it should, as she tested shifting her weight. “I’m not very strong,” she felt the sudden need to say. “Hollyleaf taught me, but… I haven’t done this much.”

As a kit, Cloverheart warned her away from rough play. And even in training, Mintpaw felt Hollyleaf being careful; back then, she had been tinier, and her bones more fragile. But she was in Thunderclan, now — and she had to be sturdier here.

With that disclaimer, she felt she ought to try. And so she sprung forward on her good paw. Instead of lashing out, though, Mintpaw reared and tried to shove with her head and shoulder.

mintpaw used headbutt on minnowfin, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 stamina.

mintpaw
15/15 | 15/20

minnowfin
25/25 | 50/50

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 20:00

Her reply wasn't the most confident, and he hoped that she would be able to at least be more confident in her fighting after this session. Her stance was adjusted because of her lucky paw and as she got into position, the warrior did his best to find out how he could better it. "We'll take it easy." he reassured the apprentice.

Though dodging was an option, he needed to know the force of the molly's blow. He grunted with the impact, snow grinding back from the push. "Not a bad start! Choosing to use your shoulder and head as a first attack is not often chosen instead of clawing directly, but it can easily be dodged. It is tactical thinking, but building up a bigger force is easier with a running start. I'll show you a better move you can use. " Stepping aside, he set his focus on a nearby tree. Muscles tensed and then he sprung forward, landing with a crunch of the snow. His voice was uplifting and encouraging, asking the apprentice to try it on him. "Imagine your opponent is your prey... maybe that'll help."

mintpaw
15/15 | 15/20

minnowfin
25/25 | 50/50

ooc: the move he's doing is Jumping Strike Regular; the spar is starting over again, so you can get the +3 damage from it!

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 1:44

Mintpaw appreciated her mentor’s reassurance, even if she wished she didn’t need it. But Minnowfin made it all right, somehow. Like that was okay.

Still, her attempted tackle did collide — and solidly, with a grunt from her. Minnowfin seemed to feel it it too, pushing back, though it didn’t knock him over or unbalance him. He’s bracing himself. Her ears sharpened as the young deputy spoke.

Breathing deeply from the charge, Mintpaw backed away with a nod, wincing at the residual soreness. But she was still okay. “Understood,” she said, and while she didn’t say much, Mintpaw was paying close attention. Watching the way he moved: starting powerfully with several steps and then pushing off — and landing forepaws’ first.

She bet normally, it would be with unsheathed claws. I can’t be tense for that either. When I land, I’ll be hitting him, just like my shoulder tackle. If she were honest to herself, it made her uneasy. Mintpaw tried to avoid jumps and leaps, especially with hard landings; not wanting to stumble on one leg, or risk injuring her lucky one. But Minnowfin was right: there was much more force to a running leap. And I felt that — it wasn’t that strong.

Minnowfin was encouraging and right, though. And with a bit more confidence, she nodded, and stepped back to give herself more room.

Sun shining clearly, after several deep breaths to prepare... Mintpaw leaped. She ran several steps — building — and then pushed. Or... she tried. At the last moment, staring at Minnowfin’s lean form — steady and strong — she’d hesitated. Shaking, and losing speed, the push barely moved her forward. Fox-dung! She flushed and braked immediately, muttering curses under her breath. To her mentor — “Sorry, sorry. Let me try that again.”

Stupid. Don’t be afraid to hit him!

But she was.

I’m not going to break, she told herself. Then Mintpaw stalked briskly back to her original distance — several fox-lengths from Minnowfin — and whipped around again, angry with herself. Colliding with him isn’t going to kill me! With this rush of feeling, she started again — and this time, she leaped strongly. The anger carried her to the crash, in which she hit Minnowfin’s shoulder paws-first and in a tangle of limbs.

She limped off of him immediately, after she recovered from the daze, but it was with a brilliant smile, eyes shining. “Whoa. That was much better,” she mewed, and then looked down at her mentor with a hesitant smile. “Thank you.”

mintpaw used jumping strike on minnowfin, dealing 6 + 3 damage and costing 7 stamina.

mintpaw
15/15 | 8/20

minnowfin
16/25 | 50/50
[/i]

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 18:59

The determination in the she-cat's voice was clear, but even from his point of view, Minnowfin could tell a lot was going unsaid in her mind. Studying her features, she seemed hesitant, just in the slightest bit holding back. Is she.. afraid of getting hurt? A few steady breaths, prepared her for her running start. The warrior was already anticipating for impact but... the apprentice came to a shaky stop, a barrage of muttered curses exhaled from her maw. "Hey.. Mintpaw, look at me. It's alright." he meowed, orange gaze meeting her own. "I'm right here to break your fall." There was a pause, and then she walked into position. His steady gaze was reassuring, waiting for her.

In a flash, an oomph escaped his maw as he was tackled onto the ground, breath knocked out of him. The blow had been stronger than he'd expected, his shoulder sore after hitting the snow. When Mintpaw limped off him, a glimmer of worry burst into shards of anxiety in the deputy's chest. "A-are you alright?" the words came out soft, just above the volume of a whisper. Seeing her eyes brightly shimmering, and her smile though small, it was there; it brought him relief and he let his head lay back on the snow.  

A few heartbeats passed to catch his breath but then he called her over. "I'd like to show you one more move since I'm already laying here in the snow. Pretend you're my enemy. You've got your claws in my fur and I'm pinned on the ground. If you were in my position, here's what you could do." The warrior pretended to struggle, twisting around. Feeling her grip strengthen, he then went limp, letting his paws fall. The weight on top loosened and in that moment, he bopped the apprentice's nose. "That's called playing dead." Tail motioned for the apprentice to get off and he got back onto his paws. "Except, don't just bop them on the nose; a face of claws is much more effective."

mintpaw
15/15 | 8/20

minnowfin
16/25 | 50/50

Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 14:34

Mintpaw felt her confidence soar at her successful leap — just as her young mentor assured her! Minnowfin seemed pleased, too, if concerned; she assured him she was alright with a dip of her head, “You were right, and I’m fine,” she mewed, eyes still bright. It took something out of her, but her limbs felt solid. “I imagine that it’s best for surprise.”

She mewed this while peering down at Minnowfin. Her mentor and deputy was thin, but strong and limber — I didn’t hurt him, did I? But then his reasoning became clear and she dutifully moved to position herself, eyes and ears sharp. It felt odd, holding him down — but even her lucky paw felt somewhat steady.

Atop him, she felt herself flush, slightly. I’ve never been so close to him before. And he was… handsome, in his own way. Not really much older than herself.

His fur felt warm beneath her paws.

But she gained her composure quickly. They were training; it was… an observation, that’s all. Like recognizing Pebble grown up. Yes, that was it. Then Minnowfin struggled, and Mintpaw instinctively resisted — bearing down harder but without claws.

After which he fell limp. She took a breath — it was still work! It was during that exhale though that Minnowfin seized up, and bopped her squarely on the nose.

“Ah!” She made a quiet, strangled sound. Her embarrassed blink was met with Minnowfin’s playful eyes near hers, and his helpful description. Hiding her sudden sense of distraction (his eyes were a mirthful, deep orange, like a playful fox), Mintpaw stepped off quickly. Her green eyes flashed with understanding, however. A face of claws is much more effective. “I imagine it would be. I’ll remember that.”

Flexing her claws, she eyed the ground in consideration. She would. Then she looked up. “Is there anything else you can show me?”

This learning-to-fight wasn’t so difficult; Mintpaw felt she understood.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]   to the best of our abilities [for ginger!] Empty

Back to top Go down

to the best of our abilities [for ginger!]
Page 1 of 1