Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

of the friendly sort [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

of the friendly sort [closed] Empty
PostSubject: of the friendly sort [closed]   of the friendly sort [closed] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 9:52

Darkglow, still tired from her vigil, despite finding it oddly restful, had been assigned to a patrol. She'd been given lots of time to process the things that were going on and not sleeping meant her dreams couldn't be interrupted. Shaking out her coat, she padded after her patrolmate. The elder warrior was one she knew little about, other than the fact that they were Jaystar's kit. Although the new warrior was not the most social type, there was something about this cat that begged to be pried open and she found a curiosity budding the longer they patrolled. She wanted to hear them talk, to get out of her own head if only for a moment. It had been these thoughts that slowed her steps slightly and when she came back to, the she-cat quickened her pace to catch up.

Once she reached Flywhisker's side, her wide and gentle eyes sought to meet theirs. A soft smile touched her features, a hopeful thing, as she tried to get them to speak, "You've been a warrior for a little while now, right? Do you miss being an apprentice?" She had been happy at the prospect of a warrior ceremony, more because of the company it meant she would be in rather than the gravity of the role - which was something she had yet to wrestle with, given the many other things captivating her thoughts. As Darkglow waited for an answer, she tipped her head slightly, hoping her friendly features would encourage conversation.

of the friendly sort [closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: of the friendly sort [closed]   of the friendly sort [closed] EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 21:18

The first thing that hit Flywhisker’s ears after they rolled out of their nest was an order, courtesy of Perchfall, to head a small patrol—an order they followed without flinching, blinking sleep out of their eyes as they trudged through the snow. Not that they needed it, but the threat of starvation had a way of making cats dutiful. They needed to pull their weight more now than ever. They just had to figure out how. Sure, they could hunt, fight, and probably walk the borders in their sleep, but there was more to it than that. Apprentices chattered to each other endlessly on patrols. Warriors shared tongues with friends, family, their own denmates. As Flywhisker had kept quiet vigil over RiverClan’s camp, on the outside looking in, something had clicked: they couldn’t serve a Clan they didn’t know.

Silence settled across the plains, punctured only by the faint crush of snow under paws—at least until a voice broke through. Their patrolmate. (Darkglow, they remembered. Though they’d been out of camp for her ceremony, they had made a point of learning their new denmates’ names since settling into the warriors’ den. Kitten steps.) In any case, Darkglow was staring at them now, golden eyes soft, yet expectant. Flywhisker blinked back. For the first time since they’d set out from camp, something like nervousness flared in their gut. How long had it been since they’d talked to someone who wasn’t Turtlefur? (Even then, they hadn’t spoken much since before Flywhisker’s ceremony; Flywhisker wanted to give him space after… After.)

But they couldn’t back down. Just the thought of it made their chest clench. They wanted, needed a connection, and Darkglow had dropped a chance for one right into their paws. “Not really.” There. Easier than going to war with SkyClan. Flywhisker took a breath. “I mean, my apprenticeship went okay, but I like being able to do things. If the fresh-kill pile’s empty, I can go out and fill it. If I want to, I dunno, go stargazing, I can.” At some point, they’d stopped walking. With one forepaw shifting just enough to kick up puffs of powder, they idled there. As if moving forward might mean leaving the tentative thread of conversation behind. “What about you? I guess it’s only been a day, but—it feels different, right?”

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: of the friendly sort [closed]   of the friendly sort [closed] EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 10:32

She nodded along as they spoke, soaking in the words with a genuine interest. Subtle flicks of the ear and the light in her eyes showed that the she-cat was genuinely engaged. Darkglow smiled softly. The fact that they answered made her paws a little lighter. Flywhisker had been a silent creature, slipping in and out of the den without the pair of them ever speaking before. Most of the time, the calico had little ability to think about anything other than the worries running through her head. But she noticed little things here and there, outside of her head, away from the world of uncertainty. It brought some comfort to engage in such a normal conversation.

"Stargazing?" Darkgaze's head tipped as she looked at them. She'd spent so much time conversing with the cats up in silverpelt and keeping her eyes low to the ground, that she never considered what it must look like at night, "You should show me sometime. What the stars look like." She was curious, and it sounded like such a nice and peaceful moment - a reason to keep herself awake for moments longer and with another cat at her side. Without meaning to, she drew slightly closer to him. Her features looked pensive for a second, contemplating the question.

"I wish it felt more different, that things could change more. But it's very much the same I'm still just... me. Unfortunately, I'm not too exciting, Flywhisker." Her whiskers twitched as she laughed softly at her own admission. It was true, beyond having wandering pawsteps in her sleep, Darkglow could not think of much interesting about herself. With the restless sleep she got, each passing day she felt like a fish slipping mindlessly though the river. If only she could possess such little thoughts as well.

of the friendly sort [closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: of the friendly sort [closed]   of the friendly sort [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

of the friendly sort [closed]
Page 1 of 1