Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a serpent's tongue [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

a serpent's tongue [closed] Empty
PostSubject: a serpent's tongue [closed]   a serpent's tongue [closed] EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 20:46

"I need you to find someone for me."

Slatethroat didn't waste any time slipping into Dawnhawk's dreams. Although their spars were much more lively at the Night Fangs, as if he could feel his frame pulsating with something akin to life, this was an urgent matter. Claws could be sharpened later. Darkpaw. He had a name and her appearance was striking - easy to remember. Such a naïve, young thing. The she-cat had given him everything he needed and more. Her tale was a grand one, to proclaim her paws carried her to and from the afterlife. But it had only taken a moment to realize there was some truth to her claim. Slatethroat couldn't find her, he couldn't walk her dreams like every almost every other cat in the forest; Darkpaw had brought herself to him.

When she had appeared, the late tom had been stunned, but curious. Playing it kind and welcoming had been the right move, enticing her so easily into a momentary safety. It had gone so well. There was this nagging feeling in his mind that whatever this ability was, she would be the key to their power. There was no way pure coincidence lead to this growing strength and a living cat who could walk the dark forest of her own volition - there had to be a connection and he longed to find out. He padded back and forth slightly as he continued on.

"This she-cat, Darkpaw of Riverclan, she came to the dark forest. I didn't call her, and now I can't find her. There's something about her, she knows something. I think she walks with Starclan." Slatethroat stopped his pacing to look at Dawnhawk, "She's a calico, face split in two almost perfectly. Friendly and too trusting. It shouldn't be too hard. But if I'm right, Dawnhawk... somehow we could use this. This could be how we finally find out how to release this power. We won't be biding our time anymore."
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3027

PostSubject: Re: a serpent's tongue [closed]   a serpent's tongue [closed] EmptySun 6 Feb 2022 - 20:57

Slatethroat crashed into Klaus's dreams like a bat out of... well... yeah. He was immediately to the point... so much so that Klaus had no time to do anything other than listen. As Slatethroat paced back and forth like a caged tiger, Klaus's eyes followed him. Just his eyes. He was casually lying down on his stomach, his head hung somewhat low as the edges of his mind begged for more sleep. Darkpaw of Riverclan... He'd remember.

"Naive young she-cats?" He asked with a grin, even a chuckle at the end of his sentence. He got to his feet and stretched, obviously not feeling at all intimidated by such a request. "This is exactly what I am good at." If she had some sort of secret, he was going to use it. He would have to be very careful not to answer to "Dawnhawk" or let it slip somehow that that was his name once. He did drown their last leader after all. Not to mention that stars-cursed Bearspirit lived there too.

"Stress makes your fur fall out, by the way. You can relax. I've got this. You want me to just get a confession out of her on how she uses her power? I'm sure I can get it... but you'll have to figure out what to do with it from there. I am inexperienced in matters of the ethereal plane."

... That felt odd to say... as if he'd lied. It caused him to hesitate, but he chalked it up to his ego and dismissed the matter completely.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: a serpent's tongue [closed]   a serpent's tongue [closed] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 9:14

Slatethroat stopped, laughing lowly with his whiskers twitching for effect, "The most useful skill set." The former Windclan warrior had always possessed a silvered tongue, which he used to his own devices. As he had grown, he'd learned to use this skill to manipulate others, and create an enticing façade. It make him furious that now he now had to rely on another to accomplish his goals. However, Dawnhawk was similar. A pawn nonetheless but they shared aspirations and as time passed, he'd begun to see the living tom as an accomplish - something more valuable than merely another player.

"Fortunately, I'm stuck like this so not much to worry about with my fur. It's the anticipation, being stuck here for so long... I'm hopeful that we can free ourselves from this place, prevent any other cats from being so callously cast aside by Starclan. The anticipation is building and the possibly of there being some answer to it all is thrilling." His claws were unsheathing and sheathing once. The idea of being able to truly sink his claws into the flesh of his enemies, to make the forest bow at his paws. As Dawnhawk spoke, he nodded, "If Darkpaw does have something useful for us, I will make certain to put it to good use. Your efforts won't go to waste."
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3027

PostSubject: Re: a serpent's tongue [closed]   a serpent's tongue [closed] EmptyMon 7 Feb 2022 - 10:28

He listened to Slatethroat speak and nodded once in understanding. Being trapped in this place with no way out... he couldn't blame him for getting antsy. With that promise in the air, Klaus was in agreement. He'd go find this Darkpaw and work his magic on her. Hopefully his eye would not be a hinderance...

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 [Only mods are allowed to see this link]
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a serpent's tongue [closed]   a serpent's tongue [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

a serpent's tongue [closed]
Page 1 of 1