Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3052

Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN]   Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 11:08 pm

It was finally time to remove the leafy eyepatch from Klaus's face. He'd been dreading this day. Between changes to his eyepatch, he always peaked out from a mostly closed eyelid out of curiosity... only to be met with blurry vision. The tom had little hope that it would heal properly. They had won a great victory against Shadowclan, but that had come with an awful price. The eyepatch was removed for the final time. Klaus took a breath and opened it. In his right eye, the light of the sun on the ground just outside the "medicine den" shone brightly on the shimmering white snow. In the left eye however... only a foggy world with shadows creeping in around the edges remained. His heart fell. His gaze dropped as well. He did his best to keep as much emotion off of his face as he could, but all of his insides were on fire. After so long of being lucky and escaping death and serious injury... it had finally happened.

Klaus was mostly blind in one eye, and he had little hope that it would ever recover. Anyone looking at him would see deep claw marks over and under his left eye, and a cloudy eye remained. He still had his right eye at least, but Klaus was rarely the type of cat to see things as a glass half full. In his mind, you were either completely successful or you were a complete failure. His defeatist attitude fueled the seething rage inside his gut, a bubbling tar pit that concealed a bottomless abyss of vengeful fury. Saying nothing, wanting to hear nothing from anyone, Klaus got to his feet. His fur bristled as images of Murkystar striking his eye came to mind. He left the nest, pushing passed his children, his companion and his mate. His head was low and his back was tense, his movements stiff that had nothing to do with his other still healing injuries.

The pale tom stopped in front of a hare that lie on their fresh kill pile. If anyone tried to say anything to him, he did not acknowledge it. All he could focus on was the rapid, infuriated racing of his wrathful heart. He stared at the hare, already dead for at least an hour, and it stared back at him, dead-eyed and lifeless. Klaus started to shake. He ground his teeth together. His tail began to lash. A growl welled up in his throat, but quickly tore away from him as a wrathful yowl. He struck his teeth toward the hare, grabbing it ruthlessly by the neck despite the fact that it was already dead. He yanked it off of the fresh kill pile, sending small birds and rodents flying off of it. He lifted the hare into the air for a brief moment before he slammed it back down onto the ground with a thud.

His claws tore savagely away at it's underbelly, spilling blood and entrails onto the white, virgin snow. He lifted the hare again, once more slamming it onto the ground a foot or so away from where it landed the first time. He couldn't see it's face anymore... his left eye hid it from him. With a final, vicious yank back with his teeth, he pulled the throat from the hare and swallowed it, nearly choking from the size of the piece, but forced it down in his anger. It was painful on the way down, seemingly getting stuck briefly in his chest and caused a burning sensation. Suddenly exhausted, the pale tom staggered and flopped to the snow, panting.

Some of his wounds had reopened, but he paid no mind to them. Klaus didn't speak. He only curled tighter into himself as rage overtook him once more. If he had any strength left he rip the hare into even smaller pieces. Tears of fury welled up from his right eye, as his left eye was still too swollen for tears. His throat was too tight for him to say anything even if he wanted to. He just stayed on the snow and panted, letting anger and sorrow for the loss of his vision completely consume him.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #ffffff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2266

Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN]   Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN] EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 am

Aether gaped in shock as he watched his father viciously attack a piece of prey, speechless. There was some annoyance at the fact that he had ruined something the hunters worked hard to bring in, but of course, the tom could never speak out against his father. Still, what had come over him? Aether couldn't seem to figure out why Klaus was so mad, and that scared him. What if his father lashed out at him too? Would Klaus actually attack his own son?

Ultimately deciding that, no, his father would never hurt him, Aether gingerly made his way over, worry in his gaze. He couldn't help but stare at the rabbit that had been demolished at the Eagle's claws, clearly taken aback at how gruesome the sight was up close. His mouth opened and closed a few times before he finally managed to get some words out, although it came out in a bit of a squeak.

"Did you, uh, want me to get you another piece of prey?"

Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down

Eyes are the window to the soul... Mine is clouded [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1