Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Empty
PostSubject: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 15:41

Nightstalker pushed aside the foliage that lightly hid the camp entrance, first to get to camp despite such grievous injuries. His bad attitude accompanied him on his hunting patrol's return. The young, beaten tom, gestured to his patrol-mates, Swiftheart and Ratpaw to deposit their catches on the fresh-kill pile before he made his way to his mother's den. Cringing internally and anxiously as he thought of having to report the presence of the two foxes. Dead or not.

"Murkystar? Mother? May I come in? It's quite an urgent matter so I'd like to speak with you." Please, Starclan, please just let him make his report and go. That's all he wanted. But he was sure it'd be immediate to his mothers eyes, how horrible and bloodied he looked. The thrash wound on his neck and his repeatedly bitten thigh... Nightstalker brushed his tail over his thigh, hoping to keep at least one wound from view.

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 19:59

“Let’s go.” At Nightstalker’s tone, Ratpaw’s anger simmered higher, yellow eyes flashing gold.

But then the warrior jerked away to step forward, in what had to be incredible pain, and his heart only hurt.

Perhaps Swiftheart — who hadn’t seemed to try, which seemed not very her — was right. But Ratpaw could only feel a bubble of confusion, because… because Nightstalker was clearly in pain. Why would you—?

And it’s a long way to camp. He shut his eyes, willed past the sense of exhaustion, and strode forward. Swiftheart kept the lead — even with an injured shoulder — and Nightstalker did not make a sound once. Not even when he seemed to stagger.

It was a long walk.

And then they arrived in camp. Ratpaw wanted to stubbornly refuse, when Nightstalker gestured for them to set down their prey — but that would have been a waste. (And silly.) Beside Swiftheart, Ratpaw set down the rabbit. It’s white fur was dark, now. But it can still be eaten.

Powerfully, Ratpaw wanted to find his den. Or… or Duskflight, or his mother. But instead he watched as Nightstalker padded toward Murkystar’s den — not Basilbloom’s — with determination, and Ratpaw let him.

He didn’t say a word.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyMon 10 Jan 2022 - 21:41

swiftheart walked back with ratpaw and nightshift, she was saddened slightly that Nightstalker had not taken her help he looked so sore. He seemed to always push her away. She was starting to get used to it however and realized that is just how he carried himself. It was not bad it was just who he was, independent. Where she relied heavily on others inputs and help he liked to be on his own. That was his way of operating, she understood and accepted this. However she hoped that he also understood her way of doing things as well, if she was in his position she hoped so much that he would ask her a million questions of if she was okay and have him crowd her space and the like. That is what she would want. So when she only asked him one yes or no question she was doing what she thought Nightstalker would most appreciate... he still didnt want her help... perhaps he just didnt want her around at all.

She walked along very quietly which was very unlike her. she was too busy overthinking these things.
The fact that Ratpaw also did not say anything either made the walk extremely quiet.

When they were near camp Nightstalker walked past her, being the first to enter. He made a pointing gesture at the fresh kill pile. Oh right the whole reason they had originally gone out there.... and what did they have to show for all this... 2 pieces of prey? 3? whatever it seemed not worth what it had cost them both in spirits and in blood. She set her prey down following her brothers instructions.
He may not have been a sensitive cat emotionally but he took leadership charge very well.

She looked at ratpaw smiling a little. At least he had not gotten injured, her heart would have broken if he had been severely hurt or ... even worse.

During the fight she was so scared that she was going to die, that she would not get the chance to tell him her feelings. She vowed that she would, she was not going to die with regrets.
She wanted so much to tell him how she felt. To admit. She sighed.

She was pulled away from these thoughts as Nightstalker walked over to the Murkystars den... mmmhhmm dad told them to go to the med den right away and the first thing Nightstalker did when getting back was to defy that... she wondered what made him dislike and not get along with Mistyfalcon so much. She absolutely loved their father and just had no idea why the two of them could never get along. It was puzzling. She hoped if she ever had kits they would all get along with her and ratpaw... err ahh well rather her and her future mate. XD

She sighed and walked to the medicine den. She would listen to Mistyfalcon, besides her shoulder was really sore anyways after the big bite the fox had bitten out of her. And besides more social time with her sister Basilbloom who always called her funny cute knicknames every time she visitied and treated her like a little sister kitten, worring over her every need? YES PLEASE.

She stood at the entrence of the medicine den. Hey Basilbloom! she greeted in her usual bubbly enthused tone of voice happily. I got a really bad shoulder it was indeed quite bad. Blood soaked the entire area. Her white fur and pelt made it look much worse than it was from how eaisly it stained. But it still was quite deep and serious A fox and I had a disagreement. Dad saved me ... again this whole thing seemed oddly familiar to when she was attacked by the owl when an apprentice. Basilbloom had patched her up then too. we were out hunting... Ratpaw, Nightstalker and I and these big old mean foxes came out of no where it was bad she relayed the story to her sister, talkative as ever, she loved getting to talk
Ratpaw was so brave during the fight! she squealed like a kit.

oh can you keep a secret? Who am I kidding your a medicine cat you were born to keep secrets without waiting for her reply she leaned forward and whispered into her sisters ear. I really like him she giggled talking a million words per minute, she was attempting to break Loudnose's record for the longest amount of talking ever... (Sadly she would never come close even on her most talkative day XD)

She sat down in one of the patient nests that was in the med den. Oh and Nightstalker is hurt really bad too... in fact I think he is in way worse shape than I am. she added on her sister should at least know that, to prepare whatever was needed for another patient... whenever he bothered showing up But you know our brother he thinks he is fine and invincible. Hes talking with mom now last I saw. she sighed wishing he would have came here first to take care of himself.

She loved getting to talk so much, but she also wanted to hear about hear about her sisters adventures and the like. So, what about you? what has my favorite med cat sister been up to? did you find that flower thingy you had a dream of? tell me all about that trip I want to hear every detail

OOC:if that topic is not finished just strike that bit/ question

ohh maybe you have a crush you want to tell me about. wont tell promise
she winked joking of course knowing that med cats was not supposed to.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 9:29

Murkystar had been pondering the prey situation ShadowClan was facing, as well as the predator issues they had been fighting. Would it be worth it to hunt Carrionplace? It was dangerous, rats teeming with diseases called that place home, but... Or maybe it would be better to prepare a battle patrol, and challenge SkyClan for Highpine. A voice broke through her thoughts, and she lifted her head. "Nightstalker? Yes, of course you can come in." She mewed, sitting up and looking towards the entrance. The stench of blood wafted into her den, turning her stomach. Was that... His blood? Or something else's? Her heart sank as she waited for him to enter the den.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 13:20

Dipping his head respectfully, Nightstalker padded in before he sat himself down with a grimace. Holding his breath as he waited for the pain to subside or ease before he gave his report. "I took Swiftheart, and Ratpaw out to the Pine Grove for a hunt. We had put less hunting pressure there recently so I had figured it would be a good spot to hunt. Ratpaw caught a Rabbit, and Swiftheart caught a mouse and things were going smoothly." He took a breath, nervousness flooding his heart.

"But, not long after what had been one fox had found us, or actively tracked us. It's with my deepest regrets and apologies that I couldn't get us out in time. I had noticed before the fox had gotten to us and tried to get them out... but it had been too late, the fox was on us and went for Ratpaw... so I engaged it. To make matters worse, there was a second fox, and... had it not been for Frostgaze and his own hunting patrol nearby we'd have all been fox food." Nightstalker bowed his head to his mother, his leader, his ears pressing against his head.

"Everything I had done was not enough to keep them safe. I'm so- so sorry." Nightstalker mewed, cringing a bit as he waited for Murkystar to say anything to him, for he had done everything in his power to keep them safe, but he still failed.

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyThu 13 Jan 2022 - 15:29

Ratpaw peeled himself away from the side of Murkystar’s den… having heard enough. The words had been quiet but audible; the voice formal and broken all at once.

As he stepped away, Ratpaw hung his head, eyes closing against the surge of emotion. I didn’t need you to protect me, Night.

The words were soft, mournful in his skull.

I can protect me, and Ratpaw… if nothing else, knew he could do that. Well-enough. I just need you to protect you. How can you think you failed?

There was no outrunning the fox. Perhaps, a split second — if Ratpaw had left the rabbit behind without thinking. We’ve just been so hungry, so I hesitated to run… but you said to leave it. That wasn’t you. It’s... why you should have left me, Night.

But how could he have? You never left a clanmate behind... ever. The knowledge almost made it worse. Would Ratpaw be okay now if he had?

The small tabby stared down at his own anger, simmering and singeing the insides of his heart. I just know I could’ve gotten you killed. And… I couldn’t live with myself if I had.

But then… how could they have known, that the fox would overwhelm them? Swiftheart’s voice chirped nearbye, seemingly oblivious… and Ratpaw sighed, before trying to be bouyed at the cheerfulness. Maybe he was angry with Nightstalker, but… I’m more angry with myself.

Murkystar’s den was behind him. And Ratpaw hoped their leader was a mother who wouldn’t leave her son to believe that, because that was a hurtful, painful wound to cut you up inside. When it doesn’t need to. Unable to stop himself from slumping in the snow, Ratpaw curled up, tail around his nose. But you know, sometimes bad things like this... they just happen, Ratpaw remembered, and then exhaled, glassy eyes staring forward. We don't always know why, and maybe there isn't a reason. We just move forward.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptySun 16 Jan 2022 - 19:46

Basilbloom looked up from her traveling preparations to see her sister Swiftheart standing in the entrance of her den, blood dripping from her shoulder and staining her pretty white fur red.  Dropping the herb carrier that she was making, the tortoiseshell medicine cat grabbed cobwebs and instantly started laying them across Swiftheart's injury, urging the warrior to lay down.  "Stupid foxes, why can't they leave us alone for just one moon?  Lay down and stay still, I'm going to grab more herbs."  With her tired brain focused on other tasks her little sister's excited rambling was mostly drowned out as she grabbed some marigold, horsetail, and oak leaf, but she heard enough to offer an amused smile.  "Oh do you now?  My my, it seems I'll be busy in the nursery soon..."  

Winking at Swiftheart, she peeled off the first layer of cobwebs and was glad to see that the bleeding was slowing down, so instead applied a poultice of horsetail and marigold to stem the last of it.  At the word that Nightstalker was in worse shape though she stiffened, but continued on treating Swiftheart.  That tom, he should've come here first!  Finishing up Swiftheart's treatment by applying the oak leaf, she gave her an apologetic smile as she grabbed up the same herbs she had just been using and turned towards the den entrance.  "We'll have to chat later Swifty, I need to go check on Night."  Trotting across camp towards their mother's den, she noticed drops of blood leading and felt her stomach drop.  Bracing herself, she entered the den and saw her little brother standing there talking as if nothing was wrong, a deep wound on his neck and thigh staining the ground crimson.  Stiffening her jaw she waited for Murkystar to dismiss him, not wanting to interrupt, but was determined not to let him slip by her.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) EmptyFri 21 Jan 2022 - 7:51

Nightstalker's grimace did not go unnoticed, but Murkystar forced herself to stay quiet. Her son was attempting to give a report - he was a warrior now, not a kit or even an apprentice. She wouldn't be able to protect him forever... As much as she wanted to. For now, he was a warrior making a report. She stayed quiet while he spoke, her eyes softening as he apologized. Her heart broke for her son. "Nightstalker, thank you for your report. I appreciate you owning up to what happened. However, not everything can be prevented. We can take every measure there is to protect ourselves and each other, and sometimes there's just nothing to stop things from happening. Don't blame yourself, just try to learn from the experience. I'm glad Frostgaze and his patrol were clsoe by, and were able to help. We're a clan, that's what we do. Now, first orders of business are to get you to the medicine den. I'll take care of getting a patrol to trace back where the foxes came from and make sure there aren't any more. You go see Basilbloom and get your wounds treated and rest." She mewed, moving forward to rest her head on Nightstalker's gently. "I'm grateful that you all are still breathing. We can patch you up, but we can't bring back the dead."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)   Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar) Empty

Back to top Go down

Red poppies in white snow (open for Murkystar)
Page 1 of 1