Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Addressing the High Rank Survey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Addressing the High Rank Survey Empty
PostAddressing the High Rank Survey

Hey guys!  Sorry if this ends up sounding rambly or long-winded, I just got off of work and I'm exhausted.  However, that's part of the reason why I feel I need to elaborate on the feedback people left me on the recent High Ranks survey

As far as activity goes, the results are what I expected.  As I've said before both on-site and on Discord, I work a high-stress job at a daycare center.  As much as I love working with kids, caring for and managing a group of 40+ of them can really put a damper on your energy level both in and out of work.  Often when I get home during the week, the only thing I want to do is lay down and completely zone out.  However, during the mid-morning I'm at home, so often I'm able to post in short intervals, but some days that's just not viable.  I might have errands to run, people to see, or chores to do, which I know I won't be able to do later after I get home.  The weekends are my main time to post, but even then I can't always dedicate all that time to being on the site.  It's one aspect and hobby of my life among many, and being on the site every day, forcing myself to do posts I don't have the energy for just to stay on top of things, can often completely burn me out.  So, that's why I've built a mental habit of wanting to get all my posts for a little while done in one big burst, a time I can totally dedicate to sitting down and writing for Warrior Clan Cats.  And so far, it's worked well to keep me from burning out, as well as keeping the rest of my life on schedule.  However, from the comments left I can see that my method has rubbed some people the wrong way.

To keep this process I've invented working for me, I need most of the topics I'm involved in to be ready for me to post.  I was operating under the belief that the best course of action for that was to remind people who I've seen haven't posted yet on an important or character-related topic during my "off-time", so that when I do have time to post everything is ready to go and proceed.  It seems though that this is something that was been rubbing people the wrong way; what to me seems relieving and productive has come across as rude and pushy, and I apologize for that.  Someone mentioned waiting for 48 hrs before reminding someone to post, which I didn't really internalize as a set-in-stone thing, but that does make sense.  In the future, I will make sure to wait that long before reminding someone, but I hope this post will help you to understand why my activity seems lacking.  I am very dedicated to this site, I love writing here because it allows me to get out my creative energy without having to take on a big, long project, but I will never be active as I was in my high-school days.  I used to spend hours on the site at a time, not only posting but also interacting and suggesting and goofing around - and at some points moderating and leading.  However, that cannot be me anymore, and I've accepted that and adapted accordingly so that I can still be a part of the community.

For a couple of odds and ends, the reason I've been quite pushy about the Oracle of the Flowers plot is simply that I need to get it done in a timely manner.  Since it involves the medicine cats I need to have them back in action IC as soon as possible, as well as wanting to get this plot done before I start college.  Having ongoing plot-related topics that last for weeks that I'm in charge of is not something that is viable for me, so that's why I've been strict with asking people to post.  I'm not heartless though, I know many of you are just as busy as me.  The reminders are just that; reminders.  I'm trying to keep the topics on people's minds, so that when they do have the chance to post they don't forget about it.  Also, so many journey plots have died very sad inactive deaths, and I'm trying to prevent that for this one.

Also addressing Moonstones, not seeing some of the recent ones is because I stopped getting notifications from the site for some reason, and I didn't realize it until recently.  I know the emails have been hit or miss for some people, but for a long time they were spot on for me, and I relied on them.  However, now that I don't have that option, I'll have another way to check that page every day.

Lastly, this is a personal request from me, as a person.  If you have a qualm with me or a concern, please don't hesitate to bring it up to me directly!  I much prefer being able to talk an issue out with someone rather than discover the issues from a third party.  I consider you all my friends, and that's what I always encourage my friends to do; I have thick skin when talking face to face, but hearing about things after the fact makes it a lot thinner, and honestly makes me sad.  I don't like disappointing people, so if you're feeling annoyed or angry towards me for whatever reason I'd like to know because then I can actually do something on a personal level to fix my mistake and repair the relationship.

So, that's that.  Thank you for the feedback, and I will try my best to implement what I can and do my best to improve.  Rainy out!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Addressing the High Rank Survey :: Comments

No Comment.

Addressing the High Rank Survey

Page 1 of 1