Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Grim Hunting (Open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2878

Grim Hunting (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptySun 26 Dec 2021 - 8:50

OOC: This topic is meant to show the hard times that we are having during this super tough leaf bear. It is a formal hunting so dice rolls are needed. It is encouraged that you roll for "challenging prey" meaning dont go for the easy things as this topic is meant to reflect the hard times of prey being scarce during the leaf bear. Remember the added penalties, to both sp and lower hunting chances on dice are in full effect. Best of luck.

Swiftheart shivered as a freezing wind blew into camp. She looked over and was saw a very picked over fresh kill pile. She sighed, hmm we need a hunting crew...

She looked around camp hoping to find some others to join her. She also subconsciously was looking specifically for Ratpaw, he was cute and she liked him a little... he was always so thoughtful, but she would never admit that... he was probably close to being a warrior, he was older than her and had been doing really well in training... She honestly thought that he should have been promoted before her, but part of that was her own self doubt.

She cleared her head and continued looking for a hunting party.

"Anyone wanna go hunting with me?" she called out

The fresh kill pile is low and we need to keep up with it. she added on.

She sat down patiently waiting for any response.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyMon 27 Dec 2021 - 22:54

Nightstalker yawned as he padded out of the warrior's den, glad to be out and away from his father, Frostgaze, and Burningwing all in the same den. He was glad he was a warrior but missed the times of reprieve in the apprentice's den where he actually had a little bit of time to himself to not deal with all the neck breathing. But- at least he was able to actually leave camp on his own without having to break rules to do it. He traded one form of freedom for another, how fun. He was broken from his thoughts by his sister's voice, and it was safe to say he didn't have to think about who he was spending time with when he headed over. He knew his sister wasn't going to breathe down his neck... hopefully. He had his doubts briefly, but pushed them aside and prayed to Starclan that she didn't even touch the subject.

"I'll join you, Swiftheart." Nightstalker mewed, bopping his head against hers in greeting as he sat down with her to wait.

Grim Hunting (Open) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 10:04

Swiftheart was sooo busy day-dreaming about Ratpaw and had not noticed her brother approaching.  So when she saw a dark pelt out of the corner of her eye her heart beat rapidly Ratpaw? oh yay im so glad youll join me she squeaked in joy.

Spinning around to face "Ratpaw" her jaw dropped partly surprised partly embarrassed   "ohhhh hey... Nightstalker! I'm so happy you will join me

Oh please let him not pay attention to me for once maybe he missed that I just called him Ratpaw.... If there was ever a time for her brother to ignore her it would be right now...He usually zoned out when she rambled on about whatever so maybe she got lucky??  she thought to herself.

She thought of literally anything to quickly change topics.
Her mind raced... for once she couldnt find anything to talk about, ugh perfect the cat who always talks cant change the topic.... she thought

She knew Mistyfalcon and Frost were always bugging him about Buringwing information but she really didnt feel like talking about that... the awkward silence and misnaming would frankly be more enjoyable than THAT issue, she wasnt going to go there and she doubted her brother would want that either.

So there was a long awkward silence while she was scrambling to think of anything better, then

So uhhh prety harsh leaf-bear huh? she meowed in a quieter voice...

wow great save Swiftheart... smooth just so smooth she thought to herself sarcastically

ughhh hopefully her brother would not push anything or worse say anything to Ratpaw.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 14:04

Quietly, Ratpaw gathered bits of bone and old, soiled moss. Perhaps at a different time, he would have patiently waited for a queen or his grandmother to collect it, and give it to him above the roots. But the nursery was empty, now. Mostly. It struck him as a little sad.

Though — with the cold outside, and a marsh frozen and still — perhaps that was a blessing.

It’s just Primrosekit, I think. And Amberdawn, of course — which was reason enough to visit. His kin made the world brighter, and warmer. They weren’t here at the moment, either, but he knew neither of them would be startled to find his scent here.

It was… calming, and a bit nostalgic, to be in the nursery, and for the first time since… well, he was a kit. And now he was almost a warrior. Ratpaw remembered their nest vividly, and where he and his mother used to sleep; where he practiced climbing (on her and the walls), and where he’d eaten his first insect — a beetle… and where his mom had panicked about it. She’d been so… frazzled, in those days, terrified something would happen to him.

Has that really changed? ...well, maybe. Ratpaw considered it, as he finished cleaning out the remnants of Spottedkit — now in his den, the youngest of the lot. That was nostalgic too.

It was as he was emerging from the nursery the second time, post moss-disposal, that he heard Swiftheart’s voice — and her brother’s. His ears perked.

I wonder what they’re talking about.

He was a small distance away, but the apprentice thought he’d heard his name. Ratpaw’s head tilted as he began walking across the snow toward the littermates. He stretched his legs as he did so, and suppressed a chill; it was early in the night, and should be warmer. It must be growing colder. All the more reason to hunt early.

”Hello, Swiftheart. Nightstalker. I heard something about hunting? I’ll go, too, if you’ll have me.” He noticed Swiftheart was... cringing? That was unusual. ”Are you all right, Swiftheart?”

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 14:17

unfortunately for Swiftheart, Nightstalker picked up on her slip up and his maw quirked up. So, his little sister had a crush on Ratpaw, huh? Nightstalker quirked his brow at her as she fumbled and stumbled, looking for a way to deceive him as if he didn't hear her call him Ratpaw. "Yeah, I suppose this leaf-bare is pretty cold, not that either of us would really know any other leaf-bares for comparisons sakes." Nightstalker meowed, his ear flicking as he turned to see Ratpaw coming over. Ah, time to be a big, mean, and horrible older brother.

"Oh, Ratpaw! Of course, we'll have you. In fact, we were just about to come and see if you'd want to, at Swiftheart's request." Nightstalker goaded, struggling very hard to not cave into the urge to grin. He had impressions to keep, and grinning and giggling as he teased his sister like a naughty little kitten was in no way a way to keep them. Of course, he would have to see how the two got along, and he'd have to pull Ratpaw aside depending. Maybe he should be scary? Threaten Ratpaw that if he ever broke his sister's heart there would be The Dark Forest to pay? Threaten to throw him into the gorge or onto the thunderpath? Perhaps it was still a bit too early, but at least it'd be something to think of other than the constant surveillance. Nightstalker definitely wasn't going to let this go without a fight.

Grim Hunting (Open) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyTue 28 Dec 2021 - 15:20

Swiftheart heard the real Ratpaw approaching and got even more flustered.  

Awwwe he asked if she was alright...he was so sweet, he could tell she was cringing this sensitivity was one of the reasons she liked him so much, her heart melted...  uhhh how to respond to his question though??

She gave Nightstalker a quick look with wide kit eyes that said please oh please dont say anything... pleaseeee

Unfortunately, it was too late she winced as Nightstalker spoke... Whyyyyy... of all the times you could have zoned out and ignored me but noooo I make one slip... she groaned internally.

Swiftheart wished she could just disappear temporarily.

she stood there dumbfounded, jaw twitching searching for a decent reply... How was it she could talk all the time but the one time she needed her mouth to work it froze up.

Ermm oahh owhh uhh she stuttered like a newborn kit.

she paused and a long awkward silence passed.

Uhhh yesss Ratpaw its sooo good to see you! And yes, I am all right she grinned happily and goofily.

I was just thinking that ummmm well uhhh since it--t is your well its umm almost she stuttered over herself.

oh starclan just let a badger eat me it would be less awkward that way she thought to herself.

she cleared her throat.

Since you are almost a warrior I thought that you might want more hunting practice? With me? Together uhh she finally said.

That is.. if you want to of course she quickly added on.

She gave Nightstalker a hurt look that said why you do this to meeee?
Followed by a look that said I'll get you back for this but not a mean way, a sibling rivalry deal.

She hoped Nightstalker would not continue this... or even worse she hoped Nightstalker would not scare Ratpaw away...

So umm Nightstalker was thinking of coming but then he thought maybe he would go later... Did you make up your mind about if you are coming with us? she asked her brother she put emphasis on the going later part and hoped to starclan Nightstalker would cut her some slack... She doubted it though... now the challenge was to not let Nightstalker scare Ratpaw off... ugh this was not her day. Well on the bright side she got to go hunting with Ratpaw so maybe it was her day... Swiftheart was determined to keep looking on the bright side.
Back to top Go down
ginger

ginger

Characters : Mintpool of Thunderclan | Hollyshine of Skyclan | Cinderkit of Shadowclan
Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptySun 2 Jan 2022 - 0:50

Ratpaw paused, at Nightstalker's words. The younger tom seemed unusually pleased. By me? The dark tabby lifted his tail, wondering at that, but then simply broke into a half-smile at the words. "Then I guess I saved you time. I'm definitely good to join you," he said, and then looked at Swiftheart. "Thank you for thinking of me, Swiftheart. I really appreciate it. Sometimes it's hard for me to find a patrol, if they've left by the time I finish in camp." 

And then the young warrior seemed almost flushed and nervous? Excited? I wonder what made her so excited? It must be good news...? She seemed to want to say something, and Ratpaw -- needing much time to think, himself -- let her form her words. Yellow eyes glanced between the two, though, when Swiftheart stopped speaking -- but not to hear Ratpaw's response. No, it was... to shoot her brother a series of looks? She was saying something (face moving) but... without words? (Could you do that?)

Ratpaw blinked. Perhaps it was a sibling thing...?

And then Swifttheart turned back to him, and Ratpaw followed her gaze and glanced at Nightstalker; poised as always, with those glittering yellow eyes. (But was that mirth in his gaze?) "We would have more success with you," Ratpaw added, and not thinking more of it than that: to Ratpaw, it was simply true. His eyes found Swiftheart again, who seemed eager to go, in spite of her seeming nervousness. "But I'm sure Swiftheart and I will do fine if you'd rather go later."

Of a similar size, Swiftheart and Ratpaw would likely make a good team in the marsh. She seemed quick, like him, and they could likely clear snowdrifts without sinking -- but Nightstalker, he knew, was determined.

Mintpool | Thunderclan T3 Warrior | 45/90 | Shamrock #33cc66
Cinderkit | Shadowclan Kit | 10/30 | DarkGray | #87CEEB
Hollyshine | Skyclan Tier 3 Warrior | 50/120 | Crimson #cc0000

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptySun 2 Jan 2022 - 1:15

"Hmm? Yeah, I figure with more claws we'll have a better rate. That prey-pile has been pretty skimpy as of late. And I can always go later anyways... Hmm, I probably will now that I'm thinking of it, I'm quite enjoying the freedom being a warrior comes with." Nightstalker shrugged impassively, an eyebrow quirking at his sister as if to say 'what?' as if he was completely innocent and totally didn't know what he was doing. "Well, let's head out then." Getting to his paws, Nightstalker took the lead on the patrol and lead the way out of camp and towards the Pine Grove. Something about the place made it just made hunting a little bit easier, and if he had a better time hunting there then hopefully the chances of catching something in this harsh season would help.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3243

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 0:13

Deerpaw poked her head out of the apprentice's den. "Did i just hear my mentor asking to go on a patrol without me?" she gasped in a pretend offended way. but the cats on patrol seemed far too tense for this to be a casual patrol. amber eyes flicked between the three cats and slowly, she connected the dots. resisting the urge to grin, she added, "I don't suppose Nightstalker could give some tips on hunting while Swiftheart helps with Ratpaw, right?"

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grim Hunting (Open)   Grim Hunting (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Grim Hunting (Open)
Page 1 of 1