Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) Empty
PostSubject: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyThu 2 Dec 2021 - 12:15

Nightkit awoke with a yelp, the nightmare fading away like the swift leaf-fall wind. What woke him from his sleep was all but gone, but the feelings remained as tears bubbled up in his eyes. Getting to his paws he pushed at Murkystar's shoulder with near urgency as the panic in his chest rose. Upset at the fact that the feeling in his chest was there in the first place, and upset at the fact that he was even upset. "Ma'... Ma'... I had a bad dream." He mewled pitifully, tears now wetting his cheek fur as he sniffled and warbled his pleas. He hoped he wouldn't wake Swiftkit, but with the knot in his throat and blurry vision, he couldn't exactly control his feelings.

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 6:33

Swiftkit was awoken by a faint crying and the rustling that had occured but she was still half asleep so she only caught part of what Nightkit had said.  Hhhhuh? she blinked rapidly trying to become more alert. Did he step on a thorn? she thought sleepily still slowly waking up.

She slowly sat up her eyes not at all used to the dark. she glanced around until she saw the general shape of her brother nightkit sitting a couple tail lengths away, he was crying?

Swiftkit had never seen her brother cry before, usually he was the calm cool and collected one and she was the one running on emotions.

She wasnt really sure what she should do though ... should she try and comfort him? Or would she just make it worse?

"Nightkit?" she meowed in a low quiet whisper "Are you okay?" she whispered her voice filled with concern "Did you get stuck by a thorn?"

(She had been half asleep when Nightkit said it was a dream so she wasnt sure if he was physically hurt or something)

She gingerly padded over to him and sat near him but still giving him space as she knew knightkit did not always appreciate her crowding on him.

She could not smell blood so she was relived slightly,  What happened? she asked quietly.  

She wanted to ask more questions to nudge him and give him a big hug but she held back.  

Thats what you would want in this situation but nightkit is not like you he likes a little more space she thought to herself. If he wants that he will show itshe convinced herself

So instead she put her head down in her paws and just waited for his response.  Something swiftkit rarely did was to shut up and let another cat talk, even more rare was her not nudging at him constantly.

She looked around for their parents but her eyes were only just now beginning to adjust and she couldn't see them anywhere.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by swiftpelt on Fri 3 Dec 2021 - 6:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2226

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:12

Amberdawn was a light sleeper, used to waking at the slightest noise. So when Nightkit and Swiftkit had begun to stir, the former crying about a supposed dream he had, the queen did not hesitate, making her way over to the dark shape, and running her tail along his back. Drawing him close, she rested her chin on his head, holding him in the position until he had stopped crying.

"Alright dear. You're ok. It's all over now. We're all here. Now tell me what this dream of yours was about. I promise it will make you feel better to share."

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 7:49

Murkystar blinked awake as tiny paws pressed against her shoulder, panic rising in her throat as she recognized the cry of her son. Her head lifted quickly, moving to pull him in close when she suddenly realized he was pulled away. Shock and anger filled her, and she moved quickly, fur bristling to face whoever had swept her son away - he had been distraught, and suddenly pulled away. Was Asylum back, stealing away more kits to raise as their own? No, they had taken care of that threat... But had others learned from them, and were now exercising the same methods? As her eyes took in the situation, taking account of potential threats, her gaze landed on Amberdawn, wrapped around her son with her chin resting on his head. Her eyes narrowed slightly, her fur slowly relaxing back as she gave the queen a curt nod. "Thank you for your quick reaction, Amberdawn, I can take it from here." She mewed, reaching her paw in to scoop out her son and pull him close, nuzzling his head gently as she quickly inspected him for wounds. She came to the same realization as Swiftkit, and placed him back in the nest gently as she drew her daughter in with her tail. "It's alright, Nightkit. If you're feeling up for it, please feel free to speak about it. We all have nightmares, me included." She mewed softly, peering down at the small kit.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) Giphy
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 8:00

Suddenly, all that seemed to be happening was tons of noise, and Nightkit kept getting dragged around, first into Amberdawn and then quickly finessed away back to his mother. It just made everything all the more upsetting! He wanted to cry and wail, but suddenly more pairs of eyes on him stopped any attempts for self-relief. Nightkit shoved his face into his mother's chest and throat, taking silent, shuddery breaths. "I-I-It's mouse-brained... I-I don't even remember it." Nightkit stuttered, barely even able to hear himself, muffled by his mother's fur. The little toms paws kneaded at the nest under him, shuffling uncomfortably. "C-Can I just, get some air?" Nightkit turned his head just enough to look up at Murkystars face, though the angle wasn't very visible or comfortable.

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 8:09

Swiftkit sighed she knew everyone crowding Nightkit was a bad idea. She had tried to take the approach of giving him space and shuting up for once in her life but so much for that plan... she had even restrained herself from nudging at him which was really hard.

She watched as her brother was passed back and forth between the two she cats asking him loads of questions.

If it were her bad dream crowding and hugging would have been the perfect remedy but Nightkit was ... not her he liked more space from what she had observed so she wasnt too suprised that being jumbled back and forth made the situation worse.

so, she also wasnt suprised he wanted to go out and get some air.

She sat up stretching and yawning "I think thats a good idea it could help you calm down" if nothing else it would get everyone to give him some room. she purred very gently not trying to make the situation any worse.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 12:09

"Okay," Murkystar soothed, releasing the gentle hold she had on Nightkit. "Of course, we'll come with you." She purred, rising to her paws and leading her two kits out of the nursery and into the daylight filtering through the brambles. Her eyes took a moment to adjust, not used to being awake during the daytime, but soon they were taking in the quiet camp, offering a small nod to the warriors keeping watch that day. "Would you like to get Mistyfalcon?"

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 15:15

It took Nightkit a moment to realize what his mother was asking him, and he couldn't help the jolt of excitement and anxiety that made his fur prickle. "U-hm- Sure." Looking up at his mother with big, wide eyes for a moment to make sure he knew what she was asking of him before he bounded over to the warrior's den. Tripping and stumbling over sleeping bodies and twitching tails before he found the sleeping form of his dad. Nightkit pushed both of his paws into his dad's side, "Dad, dad, wake up! I had a nightmare. Ma's outside." he stage whispered, looking for his dads eyes with his own amber ones.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 19:41

Swiftkit yawned and followed her family outside into the daylight stretching.  She sat next to her mother Murkystar and watched Nightkit bound over to go awaken their father.

Nightkit may not have been one for hugs and cuddles but she definitely was, she nuzzled Murkystar's shoulder with her forehead purring softly as she did so.  "I love you mom" she purred quietly.

She sat near her mother for warmth and comfort waiting for nightkit and mistyfalcon to return.

Mommy can I have daddy be my mentor when I'm an apprentice? she begged with wide pleading eyes Pleaseee?
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 7:56

Murkystar purred as Nightkit bounded away to wake Mistyfalcon, leaning down to nuzzle Swiftkit's head. "I love you too, Swiftkit." She purred quietly, holding her daughter close. Her next question surprised her, but her gaze softened as she looked into the kit's eyes. "I don't see why not. I'll talk to Frostgaze about it, if you'd like." She purred warmly, glancing up to see if Mistyfalcon had woken yet.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5682

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 10:24

Mistyfalcon flinched awake at the sound of Nightkit's voice, dark eyes narrowing at the sunlight filtering into the warrior's den before landing on the kit in concern. "Nightkit?" He yawned, words still fuzzy with sleep. What had him up at this hour? It was far too early for anyone to be awake, let alone the kit. He opened his mouth to ask before the answer was giving without prompting. Nightmares? Well, it wouldn't be the last one the kit would have, much as they all would've preferred they not happen at all. Shaking off the last of his sleep, Mistyfalcon stood, gently nudging the top of Nightkit's head. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go find your mother." Better to do this outside and not wake the rest of the cats sleeping in the den. Gently, he lifted Nightkit by the scruff, carefully skirting around the sleeping warriors as he made his way towards the entrance of the den. If the kit had let himself be picked up, Mistyfalcon would release him there, eyes narrowing at the bright sunlight outside as he scanned the camp. His eyes found Murkystar's tortoiseshell form, and Mistyfalcon padded over with Nightkit in tow.

"Everything alright?" His words were punctured by an involuntary yawn. Most of his attention was still on Nightkit, and he'd missed whatever conversation Murkystar and Swiftkit had been having.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 23:44

Nightkit squirmed a little when he was picked up, but otherwise proved no struggle for his father. But the little kit couldn't help but be a little embarrassed when he was asked if everything was alright. He couldn't help but feel a little silly, causing such a disturbance over some dreams. "Yeah... I guess... I don't really wanna go back to sleep though... what if I have another nightmare?" Despite feeling silly, Nightkit couldn't help but feel dread at the thought of going back to bed, he didn't want to have another nightmare! What if everyone went to sleep and he just woke them back up with his pitiful wailing?

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)   And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C) Empty

Back to top Go down

And the nightmare that I had was as bad as can be (C)
Page 1 of 1