Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 11:43

Murkystrike had set the next round of patrols, and asked Mistyfalcon to listen to any reports from them while she, Flintstar, and Basilpaw were away. The camp was taken care of, the threat of rogues having been dealt with finally. Batglow was home, and his injuries, along with the rest of them, had been tended to and were healing. Well, almost all of them. Murkystrike's heartbeat quickened as she thought once more of Flintstar's dead leg, unmoving and hanging limply, interrupting his gait and preventing him from doing certain things entirely. After a discussion, the next steps had been decided... And tonight the three of them, Flintstar, Basilpaw, and herself, would journey to the Moonstone. Flintstar would be stripped of what lives remained, and she would accept her nine lives. The next time she stepped paw in camp, it would most likely be as Murkystar. The thought was an admittedly terrifying one, but her whiskers quivered with excitement as she waited for the two to join her. She had heard that she wouldn't be allowed to consume the traveling herbs this time, and already her paws felt achy and sore.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 11:45

There was a heavy silence as Flintstar limped out of his den one last time. The leader's gaze was stoic, his expression betraying no hint of emotion as he had quickly come to terms with what needed to happen. There was no denying it - he couldn't lead ShadowClan anymore, not with his leg as useless as it was. He couldn't make the jumps onto the Great Rock - much less the Jaggedrock. He couldn't hunt, he couldn't fight - not with how much it would be in his way. But...There was a sense of peace to this all, a part of him that welcomed this. His mother had never been given the chance to retire - when had the last ShadowClan leader gotten to peacefully - well, he suppose having his leg ruined like this had not been 'peacefully' - move onto the elder's den...To get to personally witness the next leader step forward.

He came to a stop as he turned to look over his Clan, a huff escaping him before he continued forward towards where his deputy - soon to be leader - was waiting for him by the entrance. "Are you ready?" he questioned as he reached her, feeling a sense of...Pity for her. He had faith in her, Murkystrike would be a fine leader of ShadowClan but... He knew she had not been prepared. Neither of them were - he still had so many lives left to lose. But StarClan could only heal his death wound - not what he had gained after his death. It was...A shame, he supposed. But at least he would be here, willing to offer her suggestions if needed. Perhaps... Perhaps this was for the best. She would be more aware of what the Clan needed than he ever did - she was better at picking up emotions. He could provide her a logical view but... Ah... He sank onto his haunches as they waited for the final member of their group, giving some mindful licks toward his still-healing scarred shoulder.

Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 11:55

It was with a heavy heart that Basilpaw slowly gathered together a single set of traveling herbs, her claw thoughtfully tracing the lines on a burnet leaf.  If I had tried harder...maybe if I had been there...  The young medicine cat's brain ran with regretful bargains, ways for this horrible circumstance to feel like less of her fault.  She was the sole medicine cat of ShadowClan, it had been her responsibility to keep all of her clanmates on their paws, especially their own leader.  Pausing in her herb gathering, the petite tortoiseshell felt tears begin to well in her amber eyes, and it took a massive effort to keep them from falling.  A tiny voice however, one that usually came to her in these dark moments, reminded her of something.  If Beechface, the eldest and most experienced medicine cat in the forest wasn't able to heal the same kind of injury, then how could I have hoped to?  Her, still just an apprentice, not even having a proper mentor due to those horrific rouges, was not to blame for this.  She knew that...but it was hard for the independent she-cat to accept.  

Taking a deep breath, Basilpaw gulped down the traveling herbs with an extra dose of chamomile and walked out of her den into the clearing, where her mother and Flintstar had already gathered.  Her gaze instantly went to Flintstar's limp leg, and she truly wished that she could give him some traveling herbs or even some raspberry leaves to prevent pain, but since they both were going before StarClan for a sacred affair neither him nor Murkystrike could have anything to eat.  Instead, she met the older tom's gaze with as much of a smile as she could manage before turning to her mother.  The she-cat standing before her was so many things to Basilpaw; a strong and smart deputy, a loving and caring mother, a dear friend and confidant, and now...she would be her leader.  The two would work together to secure the well-being of the clan for many moons to come, and that thought managed to bring a truly genuine smile to her face.  There was no cat worthier of taking Flintstar's place in her eyes.

"Before we leave...Flintstar, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry.  I did everything I knew how to, I asked all the right cats for advice, but I still couldn't save your leg.  I know what you're going to say, that it's not my fault and that I shouldn't feel bad about it, and you're right.  I still feel this way though, and I know now that the only way I'm going to face these feelings is by becoming the best medicine cat that I can be so I can save as many cats as possible.  ShadowClan will someday be able to boast that they have the most skilled medicine cat in the forest...I swear it, in your honor."  Basilpaw's gaze didn't falter from Flintstar's as her voice grew more and more severe, its depth surprising even herself.  She supposed she sounded prideful, ambitious, even a bit foolish given her own physical circumstances, but when she took her place as ShadowClan future medicine cat she had vowed to make the most of the second chance given to her...what better way was there to do that than become the best she could possibly be?

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 11:57

Movement near the leader's den caught Murkystrike's eyes, and she hesitated to raise her gaze as Flintstar limped towards her. His expression revealed nothing, something that wasn't unusual, but for some reason she couldn't quite put her claw on it unnerved her this time. The decision hadn't been an easy one, that she knew, but it had been made out of consideration for the clan and it's needs. Selfishly, she was happy that he was retiring, rather than leaving her alone suddenly to step into the role. If she had questions, or concerns, or just wanted advice, he could be found in camp. The rest of his moons would be, with any luck, filled with peace and quiet and relaxation.

She lowered her head to him respectfully in greeting, paws shifting as he asked her the question she was sure she would get. Her heartbeat quickened, but she didn't hesitate as she nodded again. "As ready as one can be. I wish that it wasn't like this… but I'm glad you're still here." She mewed as he settled down, the silence stretching again as they waited for Basilpaw to arrive. It wasn't long before her daughter appeared at the entrance of the medicine den, and Murkystrike watched as the young she-cat looked at Flintstar for a long moment before turning towards her. She met her smile with one of her own, standing to tenderly nuzzle the top of her daughter's head. Together the two would care for their clan… Them along with the cat she chose as her deputy. She had a couple options in mind, but she hoped that maybe the ceremony would help with her decision.

Basilpaw addressed Flintstar, and Murkystrike stepped back to listen. Her daughter had gotten so strong, and her conviction was shared by her mother. She nodded in agreement, stepping to stand next to her daughter, casting a glance of approval and love to the young cat. "I will do everything I can to support you in your journey, Basilpaw. I have no doubt that you will excel at anything you put your mind to, and make us all proud." Turning her gaze back to Flintstar, she smiled tentatively. "I will work diligently to live up to your legacy, and help lead ShadowClan into generations of greatness to come." She purred, holding her head high as they prepared to leave the camp.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 12:00

Flintstar gave a silent nod as Murkystrike spoke, feeling a bit of sympathy. He...Wished it hadn't been like this either - he had hoped for more moons of leadership but at the same time... He couldn't deny that it felt right. He had been a suitable leader... But he had never been the greatest Clanmate - Murkystrike would do well as a leader, being able to better connect with the cats of ShadowClan far more than he ever could. He glanced over at the sound of pawsteps, watching as Basilpaw approached and addressed him.

His muzzle curved in a slight frown as Basilpaw apologized for failing to heal his leg - opening up his mouth to respond but she cut him off, acknowledging what he was about to say. Not even StarClan had been able to save his leg - Bearmask's words during his brief death had helped him realize that there was nothing to be done but step back. He...He didn't want Basilpaw to be held down with grief over his leg - he would survive, he would get to spend the rest of his days as an elder. That was...Suitable, to him - not many cats were given the opportunity. He simply gave a nod as Basilpaw swore to be the best medicine cat out of all of the Clans, his frown turning into a soft smile as Murkystrike spoke up - confirming her belief in her daughter and her own promise to live up to Flintstar's legacy.

Flintstar let out a small huff at that. His legacy...? It was questionable what good he had done for his Clan - he had done his best to keep them peaceful, to stay away from the other Clan's business and repair whatever damage had been done by his mentor those many moons ago and the war that had been sparked between his Clan and SkyClan. Perhaps he had done good there but... He gave a shake of his head, pushing those thoughts away. He could not imagine what his leadership looked like in another cat's eyes - he was not good at picturing what could have been... He could only look at what was done, but it was hard to know how others felt... "I have faith in you both," he meowed, glancing between the two, partly wishing to turn the conversation away from himself - he did not want Murkystrike to compare herself to him...He simply wanted her to be the best leader she could be.

"And I will be proud to watch you both move forward in your positions - you will be brilliant all on your own, no need to compare yourselves to others...Or myself," he meowed, before he twitched his whiskers as he spared a glance at the sky. "...But we should get moving if we want to reach Highstone by moonhigh. I am not as...Fast as I used to be," he acknowledged, taking a limped step toward the entrance as he fixed a glance at Murkystrike. She was to be leader - it would fall on her to lead them to the Moonstone.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 13:32

Basilpaw leaned against her mother’s shoulder and purred, smiling gratefully up at her and Flintstar.  Her mother’s vow echoed her own as they both faced a cat whom they greatly respected and loved, one who would soon be able to rest.  Pangs of nostalgia suddenly hit the young she-cat, as memories played in her head of Flintstar calmly watching the clan from Jaggedrock, of his strong voice naming new warriors, and him informing her that she would become a medicine cat.  He had always been there for her whole life, and though she knew that he would still be there after this night, the fear of change was still very real.  Everything was going to be fine though, she knew it in her heart, and as she followed his gaze to the darkening sky the tortie she-cat smiled at Flintstar.  ”Since we’ll both move a bit slower than Mama, let’s help each other!”  Moving to stand beside the gray-furred tom, Basilpaw prepared to offer a helping, supportive shoulder if Flintstar needed it, before flashing Murkystrike a bright smile and a giggle.  ”Onwards, Team ShadowClan!”

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 13:47

Murkystrike smiled and nodded at Flintstar’s words. They had strengthened her resolve, and as she followed his gaze to the night sky she nodded in agreement and instinctively moved to stand slightly behind and to Flintstar’s side, the spot that had been hers for several moons at this point. However, as he fixed her with his eyes, she hesitated, meeting his gaze with her own for a heartbeat before realization gripped her heart. So it was already starting… A small, nervous smile stretched across her face as she took the lead, Basilpaw’s bright voice sounding behind her. Team ShadowClan indeed, she thought as she led the way out of camp, leaving behind the life of a normal warrior and deputy. When she next set eyes on her home, it would be as ShadowClan’s new leader. As they emerged into the territory, the wind swept over them, stirring the pine needles and her fur as it went. With a deep breath, she started the journey to Mothermouth, keeping her gaze firmly set on the distant peaks of Highstones.

-Time Skip-

She had kept the pace slow enough to accommodate both Flintstar and Basilpaw, sneaking in breaks where she could that wouldn’t interrupt the journey too much. A drink of water here, a little extra recovery time following the Thunderpath there. They had steadily climbed up the rocky terrain towards Mothermouth, and now the trio stood before the gaping hole of darkness that led down to the Moonstone. The wind ruffled her pelt again, and Murkystrike’s throat suddenly felt bone dry. She turned back to Flintstar, swallowing hard to try to regain some moisture to speak. “So… What now? I haven’t shared tongues with StarClan since I was an apprentice…. Is it the same thing? Do… Are you going first? Do we go together?” She asked, shuffling her paws anxiously as the reality of what was about to come hit her again. She had been certain of her choice, and still was, but… What was she about to walk into?

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 13:50

Flintstar felt himself stiffen as Basilpaw took a step towards him, fur prickling at the idea of her suddenly touching him but to his surprise, she simply came to a stop a whisker-length away and offered her shoulder. He blinked at her, speechless before his expression softened and he somewhat sheepishly pressed his bad shoulder against her to help even out his gait as he gave a nod to Murkystrike as she nervously smiled at him before she turned to lead. Slowly, Flintstar padded after her with the help of Basilpaw - content to take it slow for both of their sake.

He didn't mind the small moments of rest that Murkystrike tried to sneak in - they weren't hard to spot when he knew how to take the path to the Highstones without such breaks but...It was nice, taking a moment to rest his paws as if he was feeling his age catch up to him now that he was retiring. As they came to a stop at the tunnel that led to their destination, Flintstar spared a glance at Murkystrike as she turned to speak to him. "Same thing," he rasped, with a slight nod of his head. "Touch our noses to the stone and speak to StarClan, as for the order... That I do not know. I would say either I go first or together - I suspect my...Surplus of lives need to be handled first before yours can be given."

There was a brief moment of hesitation, as he dwelled on it. "...I will go first, I think. The gaining of lives is not all that pleasant... I suspect getting them removed will not either. Added time to rest while you are getting your lives would be...Nice," he meowed, before he paused and turned to Basilpaw, whiskers twitching. "Your mother has led us this far - but you are the one who walks this path more often. Care to lead us down into the tunnel, Basilpaw?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 17:20

Basilpaw greatly appreciated the breaks her mother took the time to include in their journey, sipping water and catching her breath when able.  Her heart was starting to beat quite erratically, the she-cat's skinny form not used to supporting part of the weight of a fully grown cat, but she refused to leave Flintstar on his own.  She had offered to help him, and that meant all the way, not just halfway.  However, by the time they reached Mothermouth the edges of her vision had begun to blur, and the small tortoiseshell flopped down on the ground and closed her eyes, breathing deeply and slowly to regain normalcy.  It was special circumstances like this that reminded her of the true extent of her condition; she had found so many ways to make normal everyday tasks easier that sometimes she forgot that she had adapted in the first place.

Despite the difficulty, Basilpaw climbed back to her paws and nodded at Flintstar when he suggested she lead.  It was true, she walked this path very often, but that still did not make it easy.  Entering the cave, the young she-cat set a slow pace as she traced her way through the tunnels, using her tail and nose to guide her.  Soon enough light flooded the way ahead, and the three ShadowClan cats emerged into the Moonstone's brilliant light.  It was ready for them, she could tell, and she turned to beckon Flintstar forward.  "We will be here when you wake up, Flintstar."  She knew that was the last time she would ever be calling him by that name, and as she stepped back to sit beside Murkystrike, she wondered what his new title would be.  Or rather, his old title.

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 17:24

Murkystrike nodded at Flintstar’s response, seeing the logic behind his words. Her heart raced with anxious excitement, but she turned to her daughter as the she-cat caught her breath, stepping to stand protectively over her while she did so, giving her the space and time to recover. The trip wasn’t an easy one for even the healthiest cats, let alone a seriously wounded leader and a medicine cat whose physical heart didn’t seem to match the size and strength of her emotional one. As Basilpaw recovered, Murkystrike turned back to Flintstar. “Sounds like a plan to me. I will wait with Basilpaw until you are done, and then you can rest while I meet with StarClan.” She reaffirmed, stepping away as Basilpaw stood and took the lead. She allowed Flintstar to follow after the medicine cat, from what she recalled there wasn’t a ton of extra space for maneuvering in the cavern, so it would be best if he were right behind Basilpaw. Following behind the two, she was the last to see the light ahead, most of it blocked by the head and ears of the two cats in front of her before she finally stepped into the cavern, narrowing her eyes against the bright light of the Moonstone. They were here, and it was time. She turned to Flintstar, his dark pelt shining silver in the light of the Moonstone and lowered her head respectfully, a silent echo of Basilpaw’s words. The realization that when the tom woke, he would no longer be Flintstar terrified her, she had never known a world without Flintstar, but it was time. She stood behind her daughter to wait as the tom took his place.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 17:25

Flintstar gave a nod to both cats as they moved to step into the tunnel, although he gave Basilpaw a long look upon realizing how...Tired she was from the walk. Perhaps he would spare leaning on her on the way back - it would be easier, making their way down at least. He said nothing though as they padded through the tunnels, letting the lithe form of Basilpaw lead the way until they were stepping into the light-filled tunnel of the Moonstone. He came to a stop as the two took their spots to the side, ears twitching as the medicine cat's words. ...This was it. His time as leader was truly at an end...

And he was okay with that.

He limped forward, awkwardly laying down next to the stone as he tried to keep himself from laying on his injured leg. It took a few heartbeats of shifting but he managed, before he took in a deep breath and pressed his nose against the cold stone. The familiar wave of darkness swept over him, allowing himself to surrender to the welcoming slumber before his eyes fluttered open to the familiar star-lit plane of StarClan. He shifted on his legs, pausing with a blink as he realized that he actually could support his weight on his injured one here. It was a welcoming sense as he kneaded the ground, gaze casting around to see... Well, what would happen. Very few leaders ever had this opportunity - and Wolfstar or...Whatever his warrior name had been, he had not stuck around to share what it was like.

“Hello, Flintstar. It’s been far too long… It’s good to see you again, though I do wish that it was under different circumstances.” Dappleshine’s voice preceded her as she padded towards her adopted brother, a warm smile of welcome on her face. Her eyes betrayed her sadness at the situation however, as she quickly glanced at the shoulder that was injured outside of the star-lit fields of StarClan. Her long gray fur was sleek and shiny, one of the token features of a RiverClan cat, but windblown and smelling of heather like a WindClan one. The tom had full use of the injured shoulder here, but that relief would be short-lived - when he woke it would be back to what he remembered. Now wasn’t the time to think of that, however, and she met her brother’s eyes. “You were never one for small talk, and I won’t bore you by saying what you already know, and have decided. If you weren’t certain of your decision, you wouldn’t be here right now. I’m so very sorry that it came to this, that there was nothing I, nor any other cat, could do to fix it. I am glad, however, that you will live the rest of your moons peacefully, without the pressures of leadership bearing down on you. May the coming moons be long and full of peace and quiet.” She mewed, lowering her head as she voiced her wish to the tom before straightening. “Now, it has been left to me to remove the lives you did not need, and restore your warrior name. Flintstar, it is your wish to step down as ShadowClan’s leader, and StarClan acknowledges and accepts your decision. For the remainder of your days, you will be known as Flintshard.” She paused for a moment, bracing herself for the next step. “The removal of your lives will take only a moment, but it will feel like ages. Brace yourself.” She warned Flintshard before closing the distance and pressing her nose to the top of his head gently. All at once, the remaining lives that Flintshard no longer needed were stripped away, layer by layer. With each one came a similar blinding pain, one that Dappleshine shared with the tom as she maintained the contact until the bitter end. When it was finally over, she stepped back again, giving the tom space to recover. When he had caught his breath, she smiled sadly at him again. “Though you may have lost each life, as well as the ones you lost before, they are never quite gone. The wisdom, strength, and guidance that each one offered still lingers in you, aiding you through the rest of your days. Please never forget that.” She mewed, tail swaying back and forth slowly. “Go, and rest. You have a long journey back to camp. I must prepare for Murkystrike with the others.” She purred as other starry figures began to approach the pair. Raventail, Moonshine, Iniko, the young Hornetpaw, and so many others circled around them as Flintshard returned to the land of the living. “The stars will light your path, Flintshard. Until we meet again, brother.”

Flintstar had no words as a long-forgotten but familiar voice reached his ears, turning to see his sister once again. Dappleshine... There was a part of him that had never truly accepted her death - it had been easier to pretend she was alive in WindClan when the news had broken following the freedom from Asylum. The sudden realization of how much his family - for as big as it once was - was dwinding was... It was hard, but he simply swallowed it and brushed it off. Such...Was the way of things - no family could last forever. His ears perked however as she spoke, simply fixing her with a faint sad stare as she went on about his choice, her hope that his last moons be peaceful... And returned his old name upon him.

Flintshard...

The tom straightened up as Dappleshine gave one last warning, bracing himself for the familiar pain as she crossed the distance and their noses touched. His whole body locked as pain flared through him, coming in waves - each somehow more intense than the last. With every brief heartbeat of peace between them, a number rang through the leader's head - a countdown...How much more he would have to endure. In some ways, it was worse than when he had gained them - there had been briefer pauses between them all, moments where the cats had spoken. Now...

Now it was all at once - and in some way, he was certain this was more painful than actually dying as the last few waves sent his fur bristling and claws digging into the ground as he struggled to withstand it all. But finally, his counting came to an end as the final life was stripped and Dappleshine finally stepped away. Flintshard's body quaked as he tried not to show the pain - yet now bitter relief from it - that still lingered. His breath came ragged as he closed his eyes, trying to even it out as Dappleshine spoke one last time. His eyes opened, meeting her gaze as he started to see the other cats arrive. As his world started to break into light, his whole body jolted as he spun to stare at Dappleshine - his mouth opening in the first, and final words, he would get to say to her. "Dappleshine! I... I love you, sister," he managed, his voice shaking...

Then he awoke.

His whole body felt sore as he lifted his head, a groan escaping him as he worked to stretch out his limbs - wincing as he realized that he once again couldn't feel his injured leg. "It...Is done," he meowed, slowly working his way to his paws - sparing a glance at where Murkystrike and Basilpaw were sitting. "I...Am Flintshard once more. Now," he rasped as he turned and padded over to the two to take his spot on the other side of the young medicine cat. "It is your turn, Murkystar."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 17:28

Murkystrike had bent her head to nervously groom the fur at her chest, but as Flintstar’s slumbering form suddenly moved with a groan her head shot up and her body straightened. He was wincing, slow to rise to his paws and move to the other side of Basilpaw. “Flintshard…” She mewed softly, rising to her paws as the tom settled. He turned to her and she paused, throat going dry in anticipation. He addressed her as Murkystar, and the name both thrilled and terrified her. “Well… I’ll see you both again soon.” She mewed, lowering her head to Flintshard and giving her daughter a nervous smile before she turned towards the still glowing Moonstone. She settled down beside it, staring into its glowing depths for a heartbeat before she leaned forward to touch her nose to it, her eyes closing as her breathing slowed and she entered the world of StarClan. When her eyes next opened, she was greeted by a large crowd of cats, some recognizable, others she didn’t know. Her gaze flickered from face to face as she took it all in, feeling suddenly very overwhelmed by it all. As one, the crowd began to speak. ”Welcome, Murkystrike. As Flintshard steps down, you in turn rise to be ShadowClan’s next leader.” As their voices faded, a tom stepped forward.

It felt foreign, standing here among star-studded skies, everything dazzling with a shimmering coat of stardust. Unlike the rest of the cats who communed here today, the stunning calico tom wore a different pelt - one that emitted a pallad yellow light. Iniko was not one of Starclan’s ranks, and yet he walked among them, head high and eyes burning with curious purpose. He looked at Murkystrike, holding her gaze for a second before slowly dipping his head in greeting. Her eyes widened in shock before narrowing in anger, her back arching instinctively as her lips rose into a snarl as he began to speak. “I come here from foreign skies, Murkystrike, couldn’t stay away from Shadowclan for long. I found it hard in life, and even now.” The former Standard Captain, Iniko, stood before her. There had been a soft smirk across his maw as he spoke, falling slightly as he undoubtedly remembered the reason that had brought him there. It was Tanglerose, Tavora, who showed him life beyond the Asylum and helped him lean into what he loved - connections with other cats. The inability to see her now stalled his words and threatened to close his throat. But there were other things to focus on now, a debt he owed and longed to pay. His expression and words caught Murkystrike by surprise, and she slowly relaxed, still warily eyeing the tom. Before she could say anything, he continued, surprised her even further. “I wish to give you the life of perspective. Both of us know that things are more than they appear. More to offer, in good and the bad. I hope that you’re able to look at things differently and see them in a new light… myself included.” She blinked slowly as he moved to touch her, forcing herself not to back away from the contact. Lowering his head once more, the former Asylum tom touched his nose to hers, sending bolts of warm lightening through the leader’s frame. It was confusing, twisting, hapless in nature and seemed to fire without end. Until there was a certain clarity and resolution. It felt like breaking through the top of water, finding breath at just the right moment. Her sides heaved as she opened her eyes in a panic, looking to the rest of the starry figures. They hadn't moved to stop him, to prevent it… was this what each one would be like? She turned her gaze back to Iniko as he spoke once more. “Lead them well, Murkystrike. Your ancestors will be watching, and so will I.” Her eyes narrowed at the thought of Asylum cats watching over her and her clan, but he was gone before she could say anything, the next cat stepping forward to take his place without pause.

As Iniko faded away, another took their place. A mottled tom stood before her, river-blue eyes sharp on her face, but not in an unkind way. "Murkystrike, hello," he greeted her, his voice youthful and full of warmth. "My name is Jaydream... in my time within the forest, I was a ThunderClan warrior." Murkystrike blinked, lowering her head in a greeting as she continued to try to collect herself after the first life. First the Asylum Captain, now a ThunderClan cat? The tom dipped his head. "You have shown great promise in your time as ShadowClan's deputy... and I've no doubt that as leader, you will continue to do so." He studied her carefully for a moment. "There will be many times, as leader, where you will have to make decisions... most of these decisions will be easy... some, will not." Stepping forward, he touched his nose to her forehead. "With this life, I give you a sense of justice... and the wisdom to tell the difference between it, and vengeance. Never be ashamed to pursue equity in the name of ShadowClan, and the warrior code, but to not let it blind you... for one brings peace, and the other, strife." His words echoed in her mind as the life flowed into her, dissipating as quickly as it had appeared. Jaydream pulled away, smiling at her, and in the blink of an eye, the mottled tom had faded into stars and disappeared.

The next to step up was a face familiar to Murkystrike. He was large but young, a ring of kitten fluff still lining the small tom’s neck. His yellow eyes were glazed with a bittersweet smile. “Mum…” Hornetpaw purred, approaching warmly to rub his nose against the deputy’s cheek. Murkystrike gasped, tears immediately forming in her eyes as she held her son close. She had come so far, from mother, and now to leader. The tom sat down before her, so proud of the cat he called him mom. It was a shame that he wasn’t able to walk beside her. Death had befallen him too soon, he would be sure the same fate wouldn’t come to ShadowClan. “I’ve missed you so much mum… Condor and I have been watching you, don’t ‘chu worry! You’re so strong and brave and…” Hornetpaw wiped a tear from his eye, strange for the playful tom. “ShadowClan wouldn’t really be anything without you…” The apprentice touched his nose to his mother’s, whispering softly. “I give you the life of strength, mum. So that you can be fierce like a tiger and brave like a lion. I hope you’ll never feel weak, I hope you’ll never feel alone. I give you this life so that you can hold all of ShadowClan on your shoulders. If anyone can do it, it’ll be you mum.” The ‘paw stepped back and flicked his tail over his mother’s ears playfully before bounding back into the crowd. “And don’t forget to have fun sometimes okay? I don’t want our Clan to get all boring now. I love you mum, and we’ll always be with you. Be strong for us, for ShadowClan.” Murkystrike bit back a sob as he rejoined the ranks of StarClan, waving her tail back to him. ”I will, Hornetpaw. I promise. I love you.” She choked out, pausing for a moment to compose herself as her son disappeared from view.

The next cat approached, bathed in starlight. She greeted Murkystrike with a gentle smile and soft, teal eyes. The tears in Murkystrike’s eyes began to fall as she recognized the face of an old friend, one she hadn’t seen in far too long. ”Murkystrike… I don’t know if you remember me, but I’m Moonshine. I was Mistyfalcon’s apprentice. It’s an honor to give a life to the next leader of the clan that took me in and showed such kindness and love despite my origins as an Asylum cat. Shadowclan gave me love, so I will give it back. With this life, I grant you Love. Love for yourself and those around you. Love is both fragile and powerful and can strengthen you in unexpected ways. Love bonds and binds cats together, within clans, across clans, and even across lifetimes. Lead Shadowclan well, Murkystrike.” Murkystrike braced herself as Moonshine closed her eyes and emitted a soft glow, filling her with a feeling of warmth that threatened to cause tears from her eyes to fall. It was empowering, a deep sense of duty and dedication that could make even the most fearful of cats as brave as a lion. The tears that had formed in her eyes when Moonshine approached fell into the fur at her cheeks, and as she opened her eyes she smiled sadly at Moonshine. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there. I wish you were still with us. We miss you.” She mewed as Moonshine rejoined the crowd before turning towards the next star-laden cat stepping forward.

Approaching Murkystrike with a warm smile on her muzzle was a fiery, bright orange she-cat dotted with stars across her entire body, the brightest ones twinkling in her amber eyes. Her gait was awkward and slow, as a quick glance to the side revealed she was missing a hind leg. StarClan healed such wounds for most cats, but she had actually been at her happiest without it, as funny as that may seem. So, slowly but surely, she hobbled forward to Murkystrike and sat down, shimmering stars flowing down her thick pelt. ”My name is Blazeflight, a ShadowClan warrior of long ago.” After dipping her head respectfully to the soon-to-be-leader, Blazeflight continued, ”I grant you the life of wisdom, Murkystrike. At times it may feel as if there is an obvious solution to a problem, other times it may feel like there isn’t any solution at all. I encourage you to dig a little deeper, consider your options carefully. There may be hidden consequences, or even benefits, to the solution you didn’t give a second thought. Wisdom will help you to understand and comprehend these, but it takes self-reflection and thoughts of your own to know, in your heart, which is truly best.” Stepping forward, Blazeflight touched her nose to Murkystrike’s, feeling the power of another life flowing into the she-cat’s body. Murkystrike stiffened as the life flowed into her, lifetimes of decisions both good and bad coursing through her in the matter of seconds that felt like moons. Blazeflight remained there for a moment with her eyes closed, a shoulder to lean on in case she collapsed or needed help. These lives were difficult to take on, but Blazeflight couldn’t imagine a better ShadowClanner for the job. After a moment, she backed away, looking back to Murkystrike with a smile. ”Good luck, Murkystrike. Stay true.” With that, she hobbled back into the crowd of StarClan cats, making way for whoever was next to give the she-cat a life. Murkystrike nodded in acknowledgement, trying to steady herself before receiving the next life.

Dappleshine separated herself from the crowd, smiling at Murkystrike. The to-be leader offered a shaky one in return, trying hard to control her breaths in the face of the unknown cat. ”Greetings, Murkystrike. I am Dappleshine, Flintshard’s sister. It’s so nice to get to meet you after all this time.” Murkystrike lowered her head respectfully, too breathless to respond before Dappleshine continued. ”With this life, I give you Hope. A light at the end of the tunnel, the belief that no matter how dark and dismal things may seem, they will get better. No night lasts forever, and the sun will always dawn.” The gray she-cat paused, letting out a chuckle before rephrasing. ”Well, I suppose for you it’s no day lasts forever, and the moon will always rise.” The she-cat pressed her nose to Murkystrike’s head and the feeling of despair took the she-cat by surprise. She had always thought of hope as a good thing, a warm feeling. It had kept her breathing when she was imprisoned at Fourtrees by Asylum, but this was so… Dark, and terrifying. It swept through her, dismay and fear gripping her heart before finally it faded, leaving the warmth that she recalled. She blinked at the gray she-cat, realization flickering in her eyes. Hope wasn’t just the end…. It was the beginning and everything else too. Dappleshine smiled kindly, seeing the recognition in the she-cat’s gaze and knowing her job was done. There was just one last thing. ”Please tell Flintshard that I love him too.” She mewed softly before turning away to rejoin the rest of the crowd, pausing to brush shoulders with the next cat that was stepping forward.

A small tom had stepped away from the group of StarClanners, pausing to brush his shoulder against Dappleshine’s as he passed. In contrast to the silvery hairs on his muzzle, his dark fur looked freshly windblown and his eyes gleamed as if he’d just stepped into Silverpelt after a successful day of rabbit-chasing. Sweeping his fluffy tail out to the side, he sat in front of Murkystrike. “My name’s Raventail. I was WindClan’s leader for a few moons, and its deputy for…” Raventail huffed a laugh. “Stars, for a while. I don’t even remember how long. I won’t say I was the best at it, but I’ll tell you something I wish I’d figured out.” As much as it seemed like the sort of thing that went without saying, he’d met far too many good cats who desperately needed to hear it. “As leader, you’ll have a lot of cats leaning on you; you’re allowed to lean on them, too. That doesn’t change, no matter what rank you are. We aren’t meant to work alone.” His smile flickered. “Trust me, I tried to, over and over again. Every time, I was worse off for it.” A blink; a firm shake of his head. Then the grin returned, softer, but just as warm as before. “That’s all the help I can give you. Well, that, and this.” Stretching on his mismatched paws to reach her forehead, Raventail pressed his nose into the soon-to-be-leader’s fur. “With this life, I give you trust—to rely on your Clanmates and the cats you love, the way they rely on you.” The life came swift and violent like fire, like a flood. Claws biting into Murkystrike’s throat the way they’d bitten into his, a flash of white-hot pain and terror and regret overpowering it all—and then it was over. Raventail stepped back, sucking in a breath to collect himself. “Well,” he said, and stopped, and smiled again. “Good luck, Murkystrike. Don’t forget what I said—I promise you, it’s the best advice I’ve got.” With that, he vanished into the crowd, making a beeline for his mate’s starlit pelt. Murkystrike’s eyes followed him as he disappeared, unable to speak and shaking like a leaf, but a silent agreement that she would hold his advice close to her heart.

A small pale she-cat had looked somewhat confused on why she was here while the ceremony progressed. She knew her purpose in being here but didn’t know why she, of all cats, was selected.. Maybe it had to do with the fact her death was mostly caused by the Asylum. A little piece of history she had shared with the future Shadowclan leader. Blue eyes watched the others step up and step back, sitting silently until it was her turn to approach Murkystrike. A flash of recognition shone in Murkystrike’s green eyes as the she-cat spoke ”I am Flowerthorn, a former Skyclan warrior. I don’t really know why I was selected to present you a life, though I’m sure it has to do with my untimely end from the Asylum and one of my clanmates.” Murkystrike lowered her head respectfully as Flowerthorn let out a small sigh, clearing her head from those thoughts before speaking once again. ”With this life, I give you forgiveness. To forgive anyone that has wronged you in times they weren’t themselves. To forgive what lies in one’s nature, and not in their actions. But never use it to forgive those who wrong your clan. Strike down those who would wrong your clan without a second thought.” Forgiveness was something Flowerthorn had practiced in life, but despite the many wrongs she had faced, she would never forgive any Asylum cat for destroying her clan the way they had. As the small statured cat touched her nose to her head, Murkystrike was swept away by the feeling of betrayal and the confusion that came with it. She gasped for air as it was replaced with a feeling of acceptance, even though it was a bitter sensation. Flowerthorn stepped back from the she-cat, offering a few final words. ”Forgive what you need to, but don’t let anyone tear apart your clan.” She said before joining the others once again.

The next two cats that stepped forward were ones that Murkystrike knew like the back of her paw. She choked back a cry as she recognized her mother and father, stepping forward with proud smiles. They separated only to sandwich her between them, and she took a moment to appreciate the feeling of their support on either side of her. They had passed in their own turns, quietly and without fuss, and stars had she missed them. Her mother nuzzled her ears, a sentiment that she realized she had picked up when spending time with her own kits, and her father bumped her shoulder with his own heartily. They spoke together, smiling at her from either side. ”We’re so proud of you, Murkystrike. You’ve worked so hard, and you’re almost there. With this life, we give you determination to face the challenges that will come your way. Leadership isn’t easy, there’s a lot of pressure. Determination will carry you through.” They mewed, resting their heads on hers as the final life flowed through her. It was difficult, it felt like she was trying to walk up to Highstones on the sharp face of the Thunderpath with rocks weighing on her back. It was exhausting, and just as she was ready to give up, the feeling faded. Her parents were gazing at her with pride and love, and she found that she felt rather victorious. She had done it. She smiled weakly back at her mother and father in turn as they stepped away, rejoining the crowd of starry cats.

Murkystrike’s sides heaved in effort as she recovered from the last of the lives she was given, trying to steady her breaths. Each inhale was painful, each exhale equally difficult. As her parents rejoined the crowd, the voices of each cat rose again. ”You have received your lives, and now it is time for you to receive your name. From this day forward, until the day you take your final breath or retire, you will be known throughout the clans as Murkystar. Guide your clan well, and hold the wisdoms granted to you here close. The stars will light your path, Murkystar.” The voices separated until discernable individuals as her new name echoed in the clearing around her, the cats starting to fade as she woke up before the Moonstone, the light now fading quickly. She wondered if this was how it felt to be hit by a monster as she tried to communicate with her paws, noting how sore and numb they were. Slowly she got to her paws and turned to face Flintshard and Basilpaw, the dim light from the Moonstone reflecting in her pale green eyes like starlight. She offered them a small smile and nod, silently confirming that it was done. “Let’s go home… We have a lot to do yet.” She mewed softly, breaking the silence in the cavern as she motioned for Basilpaw to lead the way back out of the tunnels. Before leaving the cavern however, she turned to Flintshard and gave him a small smile. “Flintshard… Dappleshine said that she loves you too.”

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 17:34

Basilpaw had closed her eyes soon after Flintstar had laid down beside the holy stone, taking this moment of silence to truly regain her composure and strength.  Just as she was about to drift off to sleep however, a groan from Flintstar alerted the medicine cat and her head jolted up, and she got to her paws to stand alongside her mother.  Flintstar confirmed her questions before she could ask them, and she couldn’t help but purr; “Nice to meet you Flintshard.”  His regained name felt odd on her tongue, but it definitely fit him.  Her smiling face turned from the tom to Murkystrike, her beloved mother, and the soon-to-be Murkystar.  Now that name sounded even odder to her.  Returning her smile with one of her own, Basilpaw realized that she suddenly felt very nervous, and couldn’t pinpoint the reason why.  She was proud of her mother, and knew she would be a great leader…perhaps it was just the knowledge that they were entering a new period of their lives that brought tiny tears to the apprentice’s amber eyes.  Nodding Murkystrike forward, Basilpaw laid back down beside Flintshard and quickly wiped her face with a paw, erasing her doubts externally.  Flashing the now elder a comforting half-smile, she watched as Murkystrike fell asleep and complete silence fell once more.

Time passed, more so than Flintshard’s time at the stone, and Basilpaw’s thoughts began to wander.  She remembered the last time she had been here at the Moonstone to speak with StarClan, her first medicine cat meeting only a moon ago.  She wondered if her mother was in the same beautiful starry forest she had seen…but wait, last moon had been very different than her first journey into StarClan.  With the battle’s chaos and the sudden switch in leadership Basilpaw had barely taken the time to think about the message she had received in that dark void.  Closing her eyes, the words came back to her:

"The claws of history will reopen old wounds, but careful not to leave new scars."

Like a lightning strike, she realized what StarClan had tried to tell her.  Eyes flashing open, she turned to Flintshard and was about to open her mouth when she thought better of it.  Gaze turning back to her paws, she pondered; even if I had known, if I had told him about it, there was nothing I could’ve done.  I only realized in hindsight, if StarClan had known and foreseen it perhaps it couldn’t have been avoided.  We had to defeat the rouges somehow…if this is the price destiny wanted us to pay for our safety, then it sure was a cruel deal.  Her claws scraped against the hard stone floor, a flush of anger taking her for just a moment before she brushed it away.  She had come to peace, there was no need to backtrack into self-blame.  Next time though, she would pay more attention to the messages of the stars.

Just as she was starting to worry a bit about how long Murkystrike had been asleep, she saw her mother begin to stir.  With a simple nod she knew; her mother was Murkystar.  “Congratulations, Murkystar!”  Smiling, Basilpaw got to her feet and trotted forward to nuzzle her mother’s chest, and comforted to know that it felt the same as always - soft and warm.  Safe.  Basilpaw nodded in agreement as Murkystar suggested they return home, drooping eyes and dragging tail reminding her of how exhausted she was.  It had been a long night, but she was sure it had been nothing compared to that of her two traveling companions.  Shaking her head vigorously, the little tortoiseshell stepped forward to lead the way back out into the world, ears twitching as she heard her mother tell something to Flintshard that she didn’t quite catch.  …loves you?  Who?  A StarClan cat?  She didn’t pry though, at least not at this moment.  All she wanted to do right now was get back to camp, finish up anything that needed to be done, and then finally, finally sleep.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony   Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Murkystrike's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1