Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dead of Night [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2538

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 10:38 am

If nothing else, the lingering rogue problem had given Webshadow a considerable boost to his social skills. Always needing a companion to leave camp had left him with no other choice but to initiate conversations instead of waiting for other's to approach him, and while he still didn't like it, it had gotten considerably easier.

The tabby's wandering eyes had picked out Frostgaze, and after taking an encouraging breath he made his way over to the pale tom. "Frostgaze? Hi. Want to come patrolling with me? We can hunt, or check borders, or... or something." Webshadow mewed with a twitch of his whiskers.
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 10:38 am

rogue roll

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 10:38 am

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Dead of Night [C] Mistpe10
Dead of Night [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw | [P]alekit | [R]edkit
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice | [P] SkC Kit | [R] WC Kit
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1212

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Frostgaze had been busy, using his claw to create lines in the mud of the camp. Simple puzzles, could he get a leaf somewhere else without it touching the lines he had created, things such as that. They seemed like kit games... maybe they were, but Frostgaze was at a loss for what he should do. Most camp work was done, most patrols had left, it had left him more bored than a kit stuck in camp. Puzzles were nice, but boring if you were the one that created them.

His prayers were answered when Webshadow approached, requesting him to come along hunting with him. "Of course. It is better than staying in camp, and not being useful." Confirmation provided, Frostgaze wasted no time in leading his partner out of Shadowclan camp, and into the muddy territory beyond. After a short amount of walking, the white tom looked to Webshadow. "We can hunt if you desire to. You are the one that wanted to come out here, after all. It lands on your decision." His movement stopped, and Frostgaze's bright blue eyes stopped on Webshadow, curious as to what he would choose. At the very least, it was more interesting than staying in camp.

Dead of Night [C] Downlo48 Dead of Night [C] Downlo50 Dead of Night [C] Downlo49

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | #666d96
Palekit♀ | Kit | Skyclan | #8d8ab5
Redkit♀ | Kit | Windclan | #8c2a2a
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's warrior cat creator!
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:20 am

As Webshadow hovered over Frostgaze, he took a moment to look down at where his claws worked the mud. There were lines scored in the ground, a couple of leaves scattered between them. It looked like he was playing at... something, but before Webshadow could ask, the other tom had hurried to his paws and out of camp, leaving the dark tabby scrambling to follow after.

It was quiet, at least for a little while, until Frostgaze's voice broke the stillness. Webshadow gave him a curious look, somewhere between forgetting Frostgaze had been there at all and being startled at the decision falling to him. It didn't help when his partner stopped short, and Webshadow nearly tripped over his paws to stop alongside him. He looked to Frostgaze, focused intently on the bridge of his muzzle, and hummed lightly. After a moment of thought, he mewed, "Me? Right... well– hunting sounds good. It's getting colder, so... So hunting now while it's easier sounds like a good idea." And he nodded, mostly to assure himself that his answer had been the 'right' one, before he picked up his leisurely walk again.

He let the silence hang for a while as he guided them through the mud, his attention trained firmly on his own paws as they walked. He hadn't scented anything yet, or even heard anything... he wondered if it was the chill driving prey to hide, or the threat of rogues, or if he'd just picked a bad day to hunt. Either way, it was quiet, and for once Webshadow had something to say instead of letting the quiet dwell. "Frostgaze? Hmm..." he started slowly, not lifting his head. "What were you doing? Back in camp. With the– with the lines. It looked interesting." Webshadow paused as one of his hind paws caught a particularly muddy spot, and he wrenched his leg free with a huff and a grimace. Now that he was dirty and wet and cold...

He could smell something. "Oh, I'm sorry. Hold that thought." He mewed softly, weaving his way over to the roots of a tree before dropping into the familiar crouch. "Lizard, lizard..." He muttered as he stalked, but his quarry made itself known as it scrambled over the roots of a tree. Stalling, Webshadow stared at it for just a heartbeat before pouncing. He nearly missed, half his claws connecting with bark, but he caught enough of its tail to give its neck a quick nip before it could hurry away. Lifting it up, he trotted back to Frostgaze, holding it like an apprentice with their first catch. "Right, so... oh. The lines?" The tabby pressed as he found a suitable spot nearby to bury the lizard.

Webshadow attempted to catch a lizard. Catch successful! -3 SP.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:20 am

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Dead of Night [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:30 am

"Hunting it is. Lead on." Frostgaze would probably do well to be less... cold, yet this was just his way. If he were to make friends, they would have to accept that. Perhaps they could speak of his former mentor, Webshadow's mother? Would that be... strange? As he glanced around, he noted Webshadow fixated on his own paws. Just as he was about to warn his clanmate of the danger of not watching his surroundings, he was asked about his puzzle. Then, of course, right as he opened his maw to speak, Webshadow was sucked partway into the mud. Ick. Then of course he found something to hunt, Frostgaze supposed that was the reason they were out there after all.

Once Webshadow returned, Frostgaze gave a vaguely amused look, seeing the still mud-covered leg. Then... the puzzle, oh yes. "Oh, the lines. They were a puzzle. I get bored, I do not talk much, so making small puzzles amuses me. With the abundant mud and leaves that dot our territory, it is not hard to make them wherever I desire. Though, they are easy to solve if you are the one who creates them. I suppose it would be the creation of them that amuses me more than the solving." The short tom padded along quietly, scenting a mouse hiding within the pine needle litter. "Just a moment."

Frostgaze dropped low and begin the process of stalking the small creature. Once he had his eyes on it, he noted something. Creatures were becoming thinner with the changing of the season. Less abundant food, he assumed. Unfortunate, but this mouse had enough meat on it for now. With a swift, graceful leap, his claws ended the life of the poor creature. Bringing it back swiftly, and burying it, Frostgaze continued the conversation. "Perhaps I could create one for you sometime, if you are interested. Or I could simply show you how I make them. It could be enjoyable for both of us."

Frostgaze caught a mouse! -3 SP

Dead of Night [C] Downlo48 Dead of Night [C] Downlo50 Dead of Night [C] Downlo49

Character Profiles (WIP)

Last edited by Alexcreepia on Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:30 am

The member 'Alexcreepia' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Dead of Night [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 8:16 am

Webshadow's ears twitched occassionally as Frostgaze spoke, the only sign that he was really listening– his gaze wandered about, aimlessly searching the undergrowth, the thin bark of the trees, the sky. With his head tilted uncomfortably upward, he had just started to answer when he realized Frostgaze had slipped away.

Lowering his head to watch the pale tom dip into a crouch, Webshadow twitched his whiskers in mild amusement. It wasn't long before his companion returned, and the dark tabby offered a nod as he buried the mouse. "Good catch," he mewed idly as he picked up the walk again. "Puzzles? I don't think I've ever seen anyone do those before..." For a little while, he watched Frostgaze as they went, but he quickly turned his attention back to the mud.

"I think it sounds interesting," he went on, lifting his voice so it'd carry as he drifted away. He'd scented a toad, and it came quickly into sight. The creature remained still as Webshadow made his stealthy approach, not moving so much as a muscle as the warrior pounced and gave its neck a quick bite. Odd... "Almost feel bad for it..." He muttered as he returned to Frostgaze's side, finding a nice spot to leave the toad. "Well. Uhm. Right– I like those lines. Uh, puzzles. I think I'd like to try one sometime. How do you... solve it?"

Webshadow attempted to catch a toad. Catch successful! -3 SP.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 8:16 am

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Dead of Night [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Frostgaze stood quietly, graceful steps following after Webshadow as he caught another piece of prey. "You are quite skilled Webshadow. Shadowclan is, I'm sure, quite pleased to have someone like you hunting for it." Scenting the air, and finding nothing, Frostgaze continued padding alongside Webshadow for a time. He contemplated the answer to Webshadow's latest question, the solving of his puzzles. "Well... I suppose it depends. They could range from figuring out the right way to get a leaf through the lines without touching the lines, to putting the lines in such a way that it is confusing to follow them, and find which leaf they go to."

Sniffing the air, and scenting nothing again, Frostgaze looked to the darker warrior. "Perhaps we should be returning soon. The prey seem to be getting scarce due to our presence now. Though this was a... fun time. I'll have to make a puzzle for you in the next few sunrises Webshadow." His tail flicked gently from side to side, happy with the patrol he had gone on. He would have to take Webshadow on one himself sometime.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead of Night [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead of Night [C]   Dead of Night [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead of Night [C]
Page 1 of 1