Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4835

Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 23:54

Ducking out from the medicine cat den carrying two rather large bundles of traveling herbs, Ivystar made her way toward where she knew Cloverpaw would likely be fast asleep. Spiderquill had informed her that Cloverpaw was to be his new apprentice sunrises ago, but he'd been overcome by a sickness that had rendered him too weak to make the journey with her to highstones. In his stead, Ivystar agreed to take Cloverpaw and perform the ceremony. The fluffy she-cat supposed it wouldn't be entirely too awkward since Cloverpaw had been her own apprentice before-paw, but it did sadden her just a little. Cloverpaw had shown great promise as a warrior's apprentice, and to be quite truthful, Ivystar had enjoyed their training sessions. Despite that, she was happy and supportive of the young she-cat on her new path. If it was her duty and she wished to carry it out, then it was to be.

Careful not to pierce the bundles of herbs, Ivystar set them on the ground outside the den and padded in slowly, dodging limbs and tails to make her way over to where Cloverpaw slept. With an outstretched paw she lightly tapped her shoulder and whispered, "It's time to head out to highstones, Cloverpaw." Afterward, she turned around and followed the same path out of the den and sat down next to the bundles, chewing up her own and swallowing. The sweet taste of honey almost overpowered the strong taste of the herbs, and Ivystar said a quiet thank-you to Spiderquill in her head as she sat patiently, waiting for Cloverpaw to make her appearance.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 9:23

Cloverpaw's sleep had been fitful at best, and she woke up almost immediately when she felt Ivystar's prodding. Raising her head to look at the tabby, she gave a brief nod, stretching her limbs before getting to her paws. She still felt bleary-eyed and more tired than she had been when she first crawled into her nest. With a yawn, she glanced at her fellow apprentices, letting out a little sigh before picking her way out of the den.

"Hi, Ivystar," the little she-cat mewed, ducking her head. She felt her ears grow hot, a weird sense of.. shame? embarrassment? grow in her chest.  Ivystar had been her mentor first, and she had been enjoyingv their time together, but... She wouldn't dwell on it. She had no doubts about her soon-to-be new place in the Clan. She took in her own bundle of herbs, a bit surprised but equally grateful they weren't as bitter as she heard they were, and looked back up to Ivystar expectantly, offering a tired smile.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4835

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:10

Ivystar nodded politely to Cloverpaw when she stepped out of the den, nodding toward the she-cat's herb pile and offering a weak smile as she gulped the bitter substances down. "If you're ready, then?" She mewed, tipping her head in the direction of the camp exit. After a short moment, she began padding out of camp, navigating through the narrow streams and leading the younger she-cat throughout the territories, until they finally reached Highstones and made their way up to the Mothermouth.

Once they made it in, Ivystar whispered to the she-cat, "It will be very dark and difficult to navigate the inside of the caves. Follow closely after me, and listen to the sound of my pawsteps. You'll be alright if you follow those directions." With a nod, she ducked into the cave and began trekking towards the moonstone, calling on muscle memory alone to guide her. Finally, the light reflecting off the stone reached her eyes and she sped up slightly, turning to check on Cloverpaw once again. A faint smile worked its way onto her maw as she gazed at the moonstone, and eventually, she padded next to it and turned to face Cloverpaw. "Ancestors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice, Cloverpaw. She has officially accepted the path of the medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your noble ways and heal her Clan in accordance to your will. Until your earn your full medicine cat name, you'll continue to be known as Cloverpaw." Smiling gently, Ivystar flicked her tail towards the stone.

"Go on now, lay down and touch your nose to it." Kneeling down and tucking her paws neatly under her body, Ivystar touched her own nose to the stone and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2484

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 10:35

Cloverpaw had wanted to talk during the trek to Highstones, to say anything to keep the silence at bay, but nothing came to mind. Multiple times, she considered asking Ivystar what she thought of her being Dennis's apprentice, but each time she thought better of it. She couldn't help but look at the tabby though, wondering if maybe she could read her mind if she looked at her hard enough. Hearing nothing but her own thoughts bouncing around, she gave up on the effort, turning her focus forward.

As they climbed the stones leading to Mothermouth, the little cat couldn't help but think of Tarot. She wondered if he had been here before, if he had seen this part of the Clans-- if he had even been inside, seen the Moonstone. Blinking back to the present when she heard Ivystar's voice, she nodded quickly before following her into the darkness. She took every pawstep carefully, the thought of tripping and tumbling until she rolled nose-first into the Moonstone making her want to turn and bolt right back out of the cave. She was determined to accept this new life though, and when she saw a faint glow, the racing of her heart slowed. The glittering was a beautiful sight, and she stared in open-mouthed awe at every surface.

Flicking her ear as Ivystar finished speaking, Cloverpaw looked up at her, worry clouding her expression. "I hope they accept me," she mewed, voice soft and laced with worry. Letting out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding, she laid down as she was told, situating herself comfortably before pressing her nose against the Moonstone. A shocking cold ran through her, and before she knew it, she was asleep.

"Suppose you're going to wake up sometime soon?"

Cloverpaw blinked slowly, lifting her head. She had thought at first that the voice had been Ivystar's, but as she came to, she realized she didn't recognize the sound at all. Jumping up with a start, she spun in every direction, confusion and worry rising in her until she realized the soft way everything glittered, stars speckling the world around her. She had made it! She was going to talk to StarClan!

Stopping her rapid spinning, she noticed a cat watching her with an amused smile. The dark tabby was large, nearly towering over her, and his thick fur was decorated with stars. With a chuckle, he rose to his paws, taking his time approaching her. "My name is Bearsnap. I was a warrior of RiverClan long, long ago." His voice sounded fond and distant, but he quickly refocused. Reseating himself next to Cloverpaw. he looked out over StarClan's vast territory, gesturing for her to do the same.

"Though I was a warrior, I held nothing but the utmost respect for our medicine cat. Most cats disregard their work, you know-- until they're hurt, that is!" Bearsnap broke out into another hearty laugh, still chuckling as he spoke again. "I was the same way when I was a young cat. Never cared much for herbs, all that nonsense. At least not until a weasel tried to rip me open nose to tail." He paused to regard the apprentice, noticing the way Cloverpaw had cowered at the thought. "Fearsome, right? I'm sure your encounter with one of those slippery beasts was more than enough for you." He winked, and Cloverpaw laughed a little in response.

"Our medicine cat saved my life. It's hard for some cats to see without being in the den themselves, but they do more than just play with flowers and talk to us old dead cats. Cloverpaw," he paused, turning to face her, his lighthearted tone turning serious. "Not everyone is meant to be a warrior, and there's no fault in that, but the life of a medicine cat is not an easy way out. It comes with its own hardships you must be prepared to face.

"Don't let that discourage you, though. I'm sure you will take care of your Clan alongside your mentor well, and do even better when you must take his place. You have a fierce and kind heart. Listen to it."
With a deep breath, the large tom shook his fur out and sat up straight, looking down at the little cat with warm eyes and a smile. "Can I trust you?"

For a moment. Cloverpaw was too stunned to respond, but soon enough she was nodding. "Yes, Bearsnap. I promise I'm going to do the best I can."

With a loud purr, he leaned down, touching his nose to her head. "That's all we're going to ask of you. Now, wake up. I'll be watching you." Another chill coursed through her as she felt his nose, and she closed her eyes against the cold. When Cloverpaw opened them again, Bearsnap had turned to pad away, turning into a warped figure as he, along with the world around them, started to fade.

For the second time that night, Cloverpaw woke with a jolt. Her walk with StarClan had left her feeling tired, but their acceptance sent a rush of excitement and energy through her. "Ivystar? Ivystar!" She got to her paws quickly, grinning widely. "I spoke to StarClan!" She almost couldn't believe she had really got to talk to a StarClan cat, that they really wanted her to be a medicine cat. She couldn't wait to tell Yarrowpaw, and she was sure Tarot would be pleased with the news, too.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Cloverpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1