Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 7:48

It was the night after the medicine cats had met at Highstones. The sun had just set, and the moon was slowly rising as Mossbloom gestured to the apprentice nearby. They had rested nearby, waiting for the next moonhigh to come before returning to their camps, there was no sense in leaving only to return the next day. Her belly growled - she had made extra bundles of the traveling herbs to hold them over, but there was only so much they could do in comparison to an actual meal... Hopefully there would be a nice warm vole or something on the fresh-kill pile when she returned. As they stood before Mothermouth, the medicine cat turned towards the other, sitting so she was silhouetted against the dark outline of the yawning cave mouth. It had been moons since she had done this, and it was only the second time she had performed this ceremony, but it was also the first for a cat that wasn't ThunderClan. "Cinderpaw, you have trained hard to learn the ways of the warrior code, and though you have not received your warrior name yet, it is something you have worked hard towards. I know that things may not make sense, and it probably feels like your path was snatched out from under your paws, but you do still have a choice. There will be different rules to follow and responsibilities to shoulder, and while I will be there to help as much as I can I do still have my clan to tend to and care for. It won't be easy, but I have faith that you can do anything you set your mind to. You will not be able to take a mate or have kits, instead the clan will be your kin. You will not participate in battles unless absolutely necessary, instead your focus will be on healing and caring for your clanmates wounds during and following them. The path of a medicine cat is not an easy one, nor is it for the faint of heart and mind, but it is a very rewarding one."

Her green eyes shone with the starlight above them as she looked to Cinderpaw. "If it is indeed your wish to tread this path, I will train you to the best of my ability. I may be growing old and gray, but with it comes moons of experience. Even though we come from different clans, I am more than happy to help guide you in your path to becoming a medicine cat. If you don't wish to go this route, then we will return home now. When we reach the Moonstone, I will present you to StarClan as my apprentice. From there, you will speak with them to confirm your choice. Are you ready, Cinderpaw?" Mossbloom posed her question calmly, watching Cinderpaw's expression.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 16:14

The past few days had felt like a haze, blowing by like wind in the nettles. Cinderpaw had spent her first midnight with ThunderClan, sleeping warily in Mossbloom's den before the medicine cat explained to the others her situation. An outsider from ShadowClan - crawling on muddy paws to ask her neighbors for help to become the murky cats' next healer. Cinderpaw had never felt more outed in her life. It was worse than gatherings. This time, not only did her massive size and large frame sport Cinderpaw as a freak, but her circumstances as well. The she-cat could probably name all of ThunderClan's faces by heart due to all the staring she received. Whispers cast between the bushes, glances thrown her way. Mothglow was dead, they'd say. This... freak would replace her? Their words were never so harsh, but Cinderpaw dug her claws into the ground as she imagined what they could've been. Hated, outcasted, oh, why did she ever decide to go to Mossbloom for help? She could've taught herself to become a medicine cat on her own, away from the prying eyes of others.

The second night didn't improve upon the first, as Mossbloom brought the she-cat with her to the half-moon meeting. Cinderpaw tried her hardest to melt into the shadows, not wanting to talk to what would be her fellow medicine cats. While she couldn't partake in speaking with StarClan that night - as she wasn't truly an apprentice yet, Cinderpaw felt just as nervous, shifting awkwardly outside the gaping tunnel that led to the base of Highstones. Had her heart not been beating so fast, she may have had time to take in the mountains in all their glory, but all Cinderpaw could see now were the two paws in front of her.

Mossbloom's voice tore the she-cat from her thoughts, her tone kind and understanding. As she spoke, Cinderpaw had gotten the feeling that this was something the she-cat had done before. She seemed to know the massive cat's thoughts before Cinderpaw had even spoken them. The night air chilled the black smoke cat to her bones, but the warmth in Mossbloom's eyes eased the feeling of profoundness somewhat. Cinderpaw would never be able to return from this. She'd never take on a mate, fight for her clan, or die for Flintstar under the moon. No. Her path was to be different, she needed to fill the gaps in ShadowClan's ranks. Cinderpaw was a tool, and she'd be a good one. "I'm ready, Mossbloom." The she-cat spoke, sealing her fate.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 18:22

Mossbloom nodded slowly, her eyes never leaving Cinderpaw's as she stood and stepped forward. "You're brave, Cinderpaw, braver than most cats I know. Not many would be willing to reach out for help, instead choosing to drown themselves with the weight of trying to take it all on alone. I'm glad that I get to know you." With a small smile, Mossbloom turned and walked into the dark cavern, trusting that Cinderpaw would follow behind her. Before long, light broke through the darkness, and the pair emerged into the glowing light of the Moonstone. Turning to face Cinderpaw once more, this time framed by the blinding light of the Moonstone rather than the stifling darkness of the cavern, she spoke the ceremonial words that had been spoken to her, and she had spoken to Daisybloom. [color=#009933]"Warriors of StarClan, I present to you this apprentice. She has accepted the path of the medicine cat, even as her training to be a warrior was ongoing. Please grant her your wisdom, guidance, and council, that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Cinderpaw, if you accept this path, and wish to walk it like the medicine cats before you, press your nose to the Moonstone. StarClan will speak to you and share their will." Waiting for Cinderpaw to settle herself, Mossbloom sat near her side, watching over her form. They had done it, and once the ceremony with StarClan was over they would begin her training.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 19:28

Cinderpaw stared into Mossbloom's eyes, taken aback when she was called brave. No. Cinderpaw was simply answering the calling, ShadowClan had a need, and so she would provide. However it didn't stop the she-cat from nodding towards Mossbloom in respect - a rare gesture from the stoic apprentice. They padded into the crack in the mountain that Cinderpaw had wondered about the previous night. It seemed strange to delve into her curious longings so quickly. The darkness enveloped them, deeper than anything the she-cat had ever experienced before. Even Cinderpaw's well-adapted ShadowClan eyes couldn't discern up from down, right from left. Her nose kept pace with the tip of Mossbloom's tail, fearful to lose the elder she-cat in the gloom. It seemed like they walked forever, the silence gave Cinderpaw too much time to think. She didn't want to give herself any room to doubt her decision, no. ShadowClan needed a new medicine cat after Mothglow's death. Cinderpaw would fill the void, it was only right. No ethereal light could pull her away from that, not even the glowing of the moonstone that seeped into her bones and framed their bodies. Cinderpaw saw her future in that light - a future with a mate, kits, glory and honor in battle. And then she blinked, and let it all slide away. The endless tension in her frame only grew, and she pushed her wants and desires deeper down into her mind, never to be seen again. Cinderpaw followed Mossbloom's words, pressing her nose to the Moonstone as the light took her away. She'd present herself to StarClan as nothing weaker than the mountains themselves. So it would be.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 1 Nov 2020 - 13:57

"Congrats! You made it. Only took making a fool of yourself in front of the Thunderclan medicine cat, huh?" There was hardly a breath before the teasing rasp of Wolffang greeted the much larger she-cat to Shadowclan. Some Starclan cats were wise, filled with poise and grace; the Shadowclan born warrior was the opposite of all the traits usually associated with the warrior ancestors. Aside from the dazzling, star-speckled coat, it was obvious she'd lived the life of a rogue. She was rough and blunt, never holding back as she lashed out with claws or tongue. Regardless of the less than warm pleasantries, there was a glow behind the yellowed gaze, almost indiscernible through the guarded slits that sized up Cinderpaw for a moment.

"You expecting a proper welcome or something?" Wolffang snorted the question and flickered her tail as she padded closer. Looking up into the face of the bulky apprentice, it was in those features that she found the face of Puddlepaw. Her sister, all those moons ago, had vowed to give her life to the duties before her. It wasn't something that just any cat could do and was meant only for the most strong-willed. Even if Medicine Cats hardly sharpened their claws, there was honor, duty, and unimaginable strength. From the softest soul and smallest frame, like her sister, to the coal-furred cat whose build spoke of her potential for battle. The position was nothing to scoff at. A shaky breath finally released from the sides of her maw, even if her eyes still possessed their usual flint. All these thoughts and more - like Honeydrop - swam through her mind.

"Starclan welcomes you as a medicine cat of Shadowclan, kit. Don't mess this up. You have quite the legacy to uphold, you know."

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
deleted user
Former Staff
Former Staff
deleted user

Virgo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 1 Nov 2020 - 14:50

Cinderpaw almost turned around and left as the face of Wolffang appeared before her in the silvery grasses. She'd seen this place before in her dream, and was very much unimpressed. It would take a lot more than silvery trees to convince Cinderpaw that this was worth losing sleep over. But then again, ShadowClan's future was on the line, and for that, she'd do anything. "You." The apprentice scowled, unable to keep the distain from her tone. Wolffang matched the massive cat's fire, calling her a fool with just as much spunk in her voice. It took the younger she-cat a few moments to realize the StarClan warrior was joking.

"I..." The apprentice stuttered, not sure whether to let her guard down completely or not. Thank the stars Mossbloom wasn't here for this. Cinderpaw had traveled more in the past two days than she had her entire life, yet still couldn't manage to find one normal conversation. All of her contacts seemed to have it in for her, whether that meant teasing her to death or stealing her sleep. Cinderpaw felt strange. "It's... nice to see you." The word was forced through her teeth, claws digging into the ethereal grasses below. Wolffang sized the massive apprentice up, her yellow eyes tracing her body. The apprentice felt awkward under her gaze, now realizing that she couldn't exactly be closed off towards this cat, seeing as how she was her new StarClan guide.

Wolffang asked if Cinderpaw wished a proper welcome, to which the she-cat was taken aback, ears flat against her skull. It was as if every word the StarClan cat spoke; Cinderpaw became more and more uncomfortable. She was out of her element, but aghast as well. "I... You... I really wanna pop you on the nose right now! You left me after my dream, to go find some fabled medicine cat in ThunderClan! It took me so long to get all those brambles out of my fur after walking around in the forest aimlessly, let alone having to deal with ThunderClan watching! Do you know how hard it is to make conversation with a different clan? What am I supposed to talk about? Territory? Squirrels? The thorns stuck to my paws? Now I can't ever show my face again and-"

Cinderpaw cut herself off after seeing the amused look in Wolffang's eye. There was that, but something more. Something deeper in those yellow orbs. No truer words had ever fallen from Wolffang's maw until she officially welcomed Cinderpaw to the path of a medicine cat. It felt surreal, strange. It quieted the anxiety and storm of thoughts in the apprentice's mind, until she locked eyes with her starry guide. "T-thank you." Stars, this was happening. "I'll tolerate you for now." There was a similar amused look in Cinderpaw's eye as she found peace within herself, finally able to let all of her apprehensions go. She'd simply walk back home, heal the clan, and live until she died. Small, simple, easy steps. To Wolffang, it meant more, but for Cinderpaw, she just needed to keep moving forward.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinderpaw's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1