Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Staff Survey - General Address

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4841

Staff Survey - General Address Empty
PostStaff Survey - General Address

Hey, WCC! As several of us have mentioned in our individual responses to the Staff survey, we're addressing the general results that apply to all of us collectively. Before we begin, though, I will say that while we didn't change the wording on any of the comments, there were some that we had to go through and cen.sor due to inappropriate language and/or privacy breaches. I can assure you that is the only change made to any of the responses you'll see below. Additionally, we'd like to add a disclaimer that any responses that were obvious harassment, as well as responses that were copied and pasted several times in separate submissions, have been omitted from the announcement. Not everyone decided to respond to each comment as things tended to get a bit repetitive, but if we felt we had something to add, we did! We ended up going over the character limit for posts here on WCC, so we've actually had to split it up a bit. The second half will be in the comment section of this announcement, so be sure to look that over as well! This announcement is going to be a bit long as it details our own individual responses to each comment rather than something cumulative, so buckle up and get ready for the ride. I've also attached a guide below for the color-coded responses for ease of reading.

color code guide:

Comments for Staff Collectively:

consistent enforcement of rules:

fractured site/dismissal of drama:

negative history on WCC:

dismissal of criticisms:

a third admin:

approachability:

recent disciplinary decisions:

overcrowding of staff/a third admin/transparency:

Comments for Mods Collectively:

dips in activity:

approachability/consistency:

concern for choice in new mods:

overcrowding of staff:

Comments on Site Updates:

npc elders/disengage/development topics:

convoluted systems:

mass pm prevention:

handling feedback:

choice in moderators:

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgepaw |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Apprentice |

Last edited by maple on Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 19:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Staff Survey - General Address :: Comments

Maple
Re: Staff Survey - General Address
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 18:25 by Maple
Statistical Stuff

approachability chart:

plotting chart:

rules/guides questions chart:

Woo, that was a lot. If you got this far, I must say I'm impressed. Now, Ceryn was added mid-survey so none of the feedback applies to them in the same way that it does the rest of us, but they did want to make a little address, so that's included below.

Spoiler:

Now, to touch on something that Ceryn mentioned above, we've had many people question why Ceryn was appointed in the middle of a survey, especially so soon after Ripped and Lemon were appointed to Staff only around a week before. Originally, Staff only intended to add one moderator to replace Cays when they stepped down. Upon further discussion, though, we decided it would be best to bring on two additional moderators to help spread the workload between us, especially with a site-wide on the horizon. We chose to bring on Lemon, Ripped, and Ceryn, but Ceryn had quite a lot going on in real life at the time, so they asked us to delay officially adding them to the team so that they could tie up some loose ends and fully prepare to be brought on board. We hope this answers any questions y'all might have about the funky timing.

Alrighty! So, to wrap things up, I wanted to address a change that Staff has decided to implement based on some feedback we've received and discussed. We're making a few minor changes to the Staff selection process with hope that in the future, Staff selections will be better received across the site, and that members feel they have a bigger say in who leads the site.

1. Prior to selecting new Staff members, we will put up a small survey with several options for potential additions that we've seen nominated in recent surveys, as well as members that we think would be fit for the role. Members will be allowed to tell us who they think would fill the role best and why.

2. Staff will reconvene and choose from the pool above, taking into consideration the results from the survey. In the announcement announcing the newest Staff member, we'll list all the reasons they were chosen as well as proof that they were nominated.

3. After about a month, we'll put out another survey asking the site whether people think that things are A. Better, B. The Same, C. Worse, or D. No Opinion since the new addition was made. If individual members have serious concerns about the new appointment, they are encouraged to reach out to Staff directly with their feedback and concerns.

Staff is always looking to better the site in any way that we can, and that means taking feedback that we receive from you guys into account. We encourage anyone who has ideas for the site, concerns, or feedback to let us know through one of the many avenues available. We hope that addressing these results publicly has put your minds at ease and helped with transparency as well as communication. If there's anything we can do for you, please reach out and let us know! We've got some super exciting things coming, in regards to both plotting as well as site mechanics and additions, so be sure to look out for those!

Love you guys,

Maple
Emberglow
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 22:01 by Emberglow
yknow? good post. not something i would've expected, but good post.

one thing that should be noted is that sleepying some of the less appropriate results has impacted the bar charts (mainly by pushing them more towards the higher end - less negative feedback weighs it more towards positive), so take those with a grain of salt. it's difficult to tell which results are genuine, though, so we shouldn't put too much stock in the bar charts anyway.

approachability, accountability and the ability to take feedback are all things that come with time; this post and the others like it (from the other members of staff) are a wonderful first step, but this is where the road begins, not ends. if the site can hope to see more of the same, i think the issues with being perceived as opaque, unapproachable and unable to accept criticism will fade in time. that's not to diminish the work you're doing here, though- this is an unprecedented first step, and i don't think there's a single person on the site who doesn't approve. y'all did good.

this is what change looks like. thank yall for listening to us. <3

one final note:
RainyHeart
Post Tue 10 Nov 2020 - 19:15 by RainyHeart
A small note from a retired mod; honestly guys, the current staff team HAS to be the most kind-hearted, respectful, chill, and open group we've had since I've joined. It's full of creativity, passion, and true love for both the site and it's members, and seeing them slandered for other people's choices and mistakes disappoints me. It's true that things could be a little more streamlined, a bit more put-together, but what team of humans could truly be perfect? Everyone has a right to their opinions and views, but the fact is that WCC is a lot better now than it used to be - for everyone. I remember times when I was a staff member that I would dread going onto the site because I knew that only drama and salt awaited me, and I'm immensely glad that the 'walking on eggshells' feeling has gradually faded away over time. Once in awhile we might still crack one open, either on accident or on purpose, but I truly believe that this staff team will be one to salvage the ones we have left rather than stomp on the rest for the sake of pride.

How did this turn into an egg analogy? Guess that's what working a 40+ hour week at a daycare does to my brain. ANYWAY-

My point is that I truly believe the current staff team is amazing, and I hope both our new mod and the returning duo will be good beneficial additions! Staff surveys will always bring up people's true feelings, which is very good, but I feel like the fact that we even HAVE staff surveys now should be appreciated. It's a relatively new feature guys, don't waste it on fighting and vague anger when your words could make real change on the site. Staff listens.
Post  by Sponsored content

Staff Survey - General Address

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: