Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

battle ready (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 988

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptySun 8 Nov 2020 - 22:13

Daypaw had never been to a Gathering before, so Fourtrees wasn't exactly familiar territory for her. Still, she found herself heading in that direction. She wasn't the type of cat to go on walks around the territory without anyone else. A fear of getting into a clash with a hostile predator or another Clan cat kept her from doing basically anything outside of the camp alone. Today, however, was different. The camp was nosier than it typically was, and Daypaw figured that departing for a short amount of time would clear the ache that was beginning to grow in her head. The apprentice was aware of how rash this was, but before she knew it, she was out of the camp and on the moors that WindClan was famous for.

In all honestly, the young she-cat was still worried about the missing kits. Not a trace of them had been found on the territory or near the borders despite all of the frantic planning and search patrols, and no sign of them had been dug up in the camp. It drove Daypaw's mood down to the dirt whenever she though about it. Mothers were still missing their kits. It was hard to grasp the idea that the world was a much darker place than what she had known when she was safe in the shelter of the nursery. Her headache had turned into a heartache. Truly, there was nothing else that she could do to help.

When the moor turned into a forest and the familiar smell of WindClan transformed into a messy blend of five different scents, Daypaw knew that her thoughts had caused her to wander off too far.
"How am I supposed to get back now? I didn't mean to go this far." She murmured, her yellow eyes scanning the Great Oaks.
Her paws led her forward as she attempted to find a way back.

Unfortunately, she was unaware of the fact that her paws had led her onto ThunderClan's side...

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyMon 9 Nov 2020 - 10:05

Kitepaw had strayed to the edge of the territory, her paws carrying her along in the pursuit of prey. She was focused, drinking in the scents of the forest. Ears swiveled in all different directions and her held tilted back and forth to accommodate the deafness on one side. It took a while before she noticed the faint scent of Windclan drifting across the breeze. For a moment, the apprentice stopped, looking around in confusion. Perhaps she had strayed just across the border and into a more neutral territory. This was rather close to Fourtrees after all. Another taste and she noted that this was the border. Her eyes narrowed as she scanned the dried foliage and the fur along both spine and hackles began to raise.

Surely Windclan wasn't daft enough to have been the ones to steal their kit, right? Regardless, a border crossing was a serious offensive if that was so. What was a Windclanner doing so far away from their territory? The russet she-cat lashed her tail as she prepared for whatever may come. Padding forward and weaved through the delicate twigs of a bush, only to find herself face to face with another apprentice. Immediately her nostrils were overwhelmed with the stench of one of their enemy clans. She stood face to face with Daypaw, their eyes meeting. Without hesitation, the she-cat raise a forepaw and struck it across the other cat's maw, "What are you doing at Thunderclan territory? Is your own territory not big enough? Or did you finally get sick of being battered about by the Wind and trying to find a real camp?"

Kitepaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina.

Kitepaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 70/80 (-10)

Daypaw
HP: 14/20 (-6)
SP: 80/80

ooc;; let me know if you have any questions about the battle system!
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyMon 9 Nov 2020 - 12:53

It didn't take very long for Daypaw to realize that she was only making her current situation worse by aimlessly waddling around Fourtrees. A bitter taste began to rise in her throat. At this point, she couldn't even make out WindClan's scent anymore. The only foreign smells that the apprentice was somewhat familiar with were RiverClan and ShadowClan since her own Clan bordered them. Daypaw began to panic. Trespassing on the territory of another Clan was against the warrior code. Did this make her a codebreaker? The fluffy she-cat began to shudder. Downtuft was going to be furious once he found out about this, and she could only pray to StarClan that Olivestar wouldn't find out and end up punishing her further.

That was when the other apprentice came into view. A breath of shock escaped the WindClan cat's jaws. The new scent of a ThunderClanner practically poured over her in waves. By the sound of it, they were nowhere near happy. The rival apprentice's anger was justified. This was Daypaw's fault, after all, and territory was meant to be protected.
"I'm sorry, I didn't reali-" Claws met her jaw, instantly causing the young cat to stop speaking.
A fight was the only thing that she had wanted to avoid. If she went back to WindClan with wounds and ThunderClan scent all over her, cats would ask questions. It wouldn't be smart to just stand there and let herself get pounded by her newly-found opponent.

Quickly, Daypaw retaliated by repeating Kitepaw's attack. Guilt flooded her as she raked a paw across the stranger's cheek.
"Listen! I didn't mean to get over here, I'm just trying to find my way back to WindClan!"

daypaw used "front paw strike" on kitepaw, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina.

daypaw
hp - 14/20
sp - 70/80

kitepaw
hp - 14/20
sp - 70/80

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyWed 11 Nov 2020 - 19:55

At first, she had intended merely intended on chasing away the offender. But the retaliation only fueled her desire to chase away the Windclanner. Kitepaw was hardly practiced in the delicate art of balancing her lack of hearing with a fight. Instinctively, her ears had briefly fallen before flitting back up. Despite the look across the she-cat's features, the Thunderclan apprentice found herself only catching half the words and 'I didn't mean to' was hardly an excuse in her book. No enemy cat would be allowed to just waltz across the border.

The fact this seemed to be another apprentice made the task that much easier, abandoning the more reserved parts of her spirit that longed for flight from battle. If there happened to be more, surely she could yowl for her patrol who wasn't far off. Kitepaw, decided, pounced forward and caught Daypaw underneath her grip. Claws slid out as she pinned her attacker. Her ears were tall and straight as ever as she hissed, "It's certainly not a gathering so unless you have a more viable reason for trespassing, I'll show you not to wander aimlessly across borders in the future." This was her first genuine battle, a chance to sharpen her claws properly. She wasn't about to back down easily.

Kitepaw used Leap and Hold on Daypaw, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina. Daypaw is held for 2 turns.

Kitepaw
HP: 14/20
SP: 60/80 (-10)

Daypaw
HP: 8/20 (-6)
SP: 70/80

Last edited by Ripped on Wed 11 Nov 2020 - 19:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyWed 11 Nov 2020 - 19:55

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

battle ready (c) Mistpe10
battle ready (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyThu 12 Nov 2020 - 15:53

Daypaw tensed up as anxiety began to make her paws feel dumb. She couldn't let herself freeze in the middle of a fight. That would only allow this cat to simply walk all over her. She was inexperienced in this field considering the fact that she had barely had any proper battle training. Kitepaw's hostility was almost frightening the WindClan apprentice's eyes. There was no way all of ThunderClan could be like this, but she was too afraid to find out. Now, Daypaw knew which Clan she would be avoiding at the upcoming Gathering. Her brown ears flattened against her head as she took the tiniest step back. If she was quick enough, she could turn around and head back towards the neutral territory around Fourtrees in order to make her way back to WindClan. The apprentice silently sucked in some air as she began to time when it would be appropriate to make her escape.

Before Daypaw could even attempt to whirl around, a force shoved her directly to the ground. Her breath was stolen from her, violently pushed out of her chest when her body collided with the foreign terrain.
"I promise I wasn't lying!" Daypaw trembled underneath the paws of her attacker, "I've never been out to Fourtrees before and I accidentally went too far. That's what happened, I swear!"
Trying to push Kitepaw off of her was ineffective and trying to squirm out of the rival apprentice's grip was even more futile. She finally realized that she was stuck. This was the epitome of humiliation.

daypaw is pinned for another turn.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 16:52

The she-cat glared down at the other apprentice with fire deeply rooted behind her bright eyes. Somewhere deep within her chest, Kitepaw wanted to draw from a well of sympathy and allow this poor, trembling mess to slink back to Windclan territory. But as she glanced at slender paws that reflected her own Windclan heritage, her claws only pinned the other she-cat further. Even after the moons since she had briefly met Smallbean, there was no semblance of peace of acceptance that had settled underneath her coat. Matters of her existence were simply pushed away underneath a pile of deadened leaves. Yet a nagging internal voice pestered her subconscious. What did this apprentice know of her father? Were all Windclan cats as weak-willed as the pair she'd met?

Regardless of the answers, one thing became clearer to her; Kitepaw had been justified in discarding her relation to Smallbean. Even if the slender frame she bore told the tale of many moor runners past, she was equally filled with the unyielding confidence of a Thunderclan cat. It was this nature that she chose to take up and let course through her, one that kept her pinning down the stranger. As she mulled over these things, her sides heaved and her claws sunk further into fur and flesh. Her tail lashed with frustration and agitation. After a moment, Kitepaw finally found the scene around her rushing back. Her eyes narrowed as she looked down at Daypaw. There was a brief moment where she blinked in surprise. Unlike Jaypaw, this apprentice hardly fought back. A lack of determination and will seeded behind her eyes.

This was not a weakness worth pressing or punishing. Kitepaw sighed in agitation, whether towards the other cat or herself it was unclear. Her maw raised into the air, tasting it for any hints of other Windclan cats nearby. Thankfully, her sharp nose quickly determined the offender's story of being true. Something akin to sympathy caused her to step away but the steel never dropped from her gaze, "Get out of her. Windclan territory is back that way. If I see you again, I'll send you back with more scars than this." Her head tipped towards the moors as she allowed Daypaw to regain her footing. Kitepaw stared at her, unblinking. But as she caught the expression of the other she-cat once more, guilt at her reckless attack overwhelmed her. This wasn't an offender or a threat. No apology would come for defending her territory but there was a lesson to be learned for future battles.

Kitepaw used Leap and Hold on Daypaw, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina. Kitepaw stepped away; Daypaw is no longer held.

Kitepaw
HP: 14/20
SP: 60/80

Daypaw
HP: 2/20 (-6)
SP: 70/80
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 23:19

Panic poured over Daypaw in waves. When she got back to camp, she knew that she'd have to practically beg Downtuft for a battle training session. If she were to get into another fight in the future without any battle knowledge, she'd be tossed around like a limp piece of prey by her opponent once again. She met Kitepaw's fire-filled glare with a glance full of ice-cold fear. Daypaw found herself beginning to think about what would've happened if it had been Kitepaw that had wandered onto WindClan territory. It was possible that she was just soft, but she would've let Kitepaw go. Fights were a part of Clan life that Daypaw knew was unavoidable and necessary in multiple occasions, but was now one of those occasions? She made a poor attempt to stop herself from physically shivering. She had never longed to go back to camp more than she did right now.

Once it felt like she would be pinned here, on ThunderClan's foreign territory, for the rest of her life, Daypaw was suddenly set free. The she-cat had no time to waste as she hurriedly pulled herself back onto four paws. It was a relief to be standing again. However, her paws felt frozen as she stared at the rivaling apprentice for another moment.
Say something before you go, don't just run away.

"Thank you! Thank you so much. It won't happen again, I promise." Daypaw struggled to find the words to say.
Quicker than she had came, she changed her course of direction and headed back towards the moorland. It wasn't until the familiar territory came in sight that she paused to scold herself.
Are you kidding me? What kind of cat thanks a rival for not killing them? She thought, frowning.
It was going to be difficult to hide the claw marks on her face when she returned to camp...

daypaw has been ko'd!

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

battle ready (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: battle ready (c)   battle ready (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

battle ready (c)
Page 1 of 1