Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormy

Stormy

Characters : [S]tormpaw, [D]owntuft, [So]ftbreeze*, [Sh]yfawn
Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey
Number of posts : 1144

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 6:26

"Haypaw? Get up,we've got a long journey ahead of us."

This felt odd. Aspenheart shou-- she shook her head, blocking out the pained thought of her late mentor. Already, tears were fresh in her eyes. So much for stability, huh? "eat... Eat these, they'll stave off hunger and exhaustion." the molly explained, sweeping her tail along the golden she-cat's back. The gesture was to provide comfort to herself, rather than Haypaw, and it did help calm her a bit. "We're going to Highstones, where you'll get to meet StarClan yourself." Softbreeze spared smile towards Haypaw. Since finding her as a kit, Softbreeze had formed a protective bond towards the younger molly.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7397

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 22:43

Haypaw groaned softly as she was stirred awake, rolling onto her side as her eyes flickered open to make out the shape of Softbreeze standing in the grass. "Wha...?" she murmured, struggling to pull her head together and make sense of what the medicine cat was telling her. She was always happy to see her friend - the two hadn't had much of a chance to actually really...Talk recently. Not since Aspenheart had died and Softbreeze had suddenly been swamped with new responsibilities. She shook her head, focusing on the words that the medicine cat had uttered before the mention of StarClan had it all clicking into place.

Her Moonstone! She had heard tales about how every apprentice was to take the journey and talk to StarClan and... Her whiskers twitched at the thought, a small seed of worry sprouting in her chest as she hadn't actually considered that she would get the option but... It was also exciting, she had heard so much about StarClan but hadn't even gotten the chance to see them. It was obvious that they were real, she had heard of some of the bad ones' actions when she had just been a kit but it had also been something that had been a little...Hard to understand but also...Great? The idea that death wasn't the end - that everybody that they lost was...Okay in the Stars. It made everything hurt less, she supposed. She pushed herself to her paws, licking up the herbs that Softbreeze had set out for her before she bounded in place, eyes bright and new energy flooding her limbs.

"Well? What are we waiting for? I'm ready to finally get to meet StarClan! In a...Uh, good way."

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Clan/Rank : [S]ThunderClan runaway, [D] WindClan t5 warrior, [So]WindClan t3 Medicine cat/queen, [Sh]WindClan permaqueen
Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 11:59

OOC: ACK I DID NOT RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION FOR THIS AH))

At Haypaw's bright response, Softbreeze was able to let out an unforced chuckle, "I hope it's only a visit! You're far too young to have stars in your fur!" And I can't bear the thought of losing you..

Though left unsaid, it rang uneasily between the two, and the cream molly guilty looked away. "Well, StarClan doesn't wait for anyone! Hey, uh, Haypaw..." As they padded ut of camp onto the soft moorland, Softbreeze turned her gentle blue gaze towards the young molly, the glow of love in her eyes. "This may come out wrong, and no cat would doubt your loyalty..! But.. Do you.. Well, what I'm trying to ask is- do you like living in WindClan? You can be honest with me.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 16:24

Haypaw laughed softly as the two left the camp, not actually picking up on what was unsaid by the medicine cat. Her smile faded a little however when Softbreeze spoke up, giving her friend a concerned look as she sheepishly forced out her question. Did she like living in WindClan? A soft, thoughtful look crossed her face as she sighed softly, leaning to press herself against her friend as they moved toward their destination. "Its more than liking it, Softbreeze...I love it," she breathed, eyes closing as she raised her head to let her fur ruffle in the gentle breeze that drifted along the moor. "I was so scared at first - it was so...Unlike anything that I knew. It was so strange, so foreign. But I was...Also afraid of messing up. I don't know why I was taken from my housefolk, from my momma but...I always blamed myself at first. That I had done something wrong and I was afraid of repeating the mistake, to losing my new family," she explained.

"But...That fear is gone. I never knew how much I needed the freedom that living out here gives me - I love the open air, the wind in my fur. Running across the moor with the sun on my back and my friends at my side. Its...I'm not Buttercup anymore and I never want to be that fearful. doubtful kit again. I'm Haypaw - for now, until I get my warrior name - and then I'll be...Whatever my new name is for as long as I live. Maybe it wasn't the best way to end up here but I love it here in WindClan. And I can't thank you enough for being one of the few to find me that rainy day," she purred, curling her tail around Softbreeze's as she once again leaned against the medicine cat. "You are my best friend, you know that, right? I'm sorry we haven't gotten to hang out more, but maybe once I am a warrior...We can set that right."

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 7 Oct 2020 - 15:12

For the first time in a long time, a true smile laced Softbreeze's maw and she blinked back tears, unable to process a reply to Haypaw's words for a second. She closed her eyes, padding forward the same pace, until the tan molly spoke again. Best friend.. Her eyes blinked open in surprise. "I.. Haypaw.. Thank you. It's been... hard. I haven't been doing very well recently, I think that much is obvious. I.. Feel like I'll let WindClan down, like I won't be the medicine cat that WindClan deserves. I don't... Know how I'll fill Aspenheart's pawprints-- I can't. He was a great medicine cat, one of the best! And I..." She trailed off, embarrassment flooding her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she apologized, twining her tail with Haypaw's in return,"I didn't mean to start rambling on you. You're my best friend, too, and I'd really love it if we hung out more. You're strong, you know. Smart and patient, too. You know what you want, and if you don't, you wait it out. Those twolegs don't know how a great a cat they missed out on, but I'm glad they did, because now..." Softbreeze turned her blue gaze to the apprentice, stretching her head to rest her muzzle on top Haypaw's head for a second before drawing away. The Highstones were getting closer now.

"Now you're one of us. You're WindClan."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 7 Oct 2020 - 16:47

"You won't fill his pawprints," Haypaw meowed simply as Softbreeze expressed her doubts -  her fears. She knew it wasn't the answer that Softbreeze wanted to hear but it was true, or at least, that is how Haypaw felt about it. "You aren't Aspenheart. I don't want you to be him. He was kinda a jerk, even if he was our jerk," she admitted with a shrug. "You are Softbreeze. I...I mean, I had the same doubts. I was worried I wasn't gonna be the best warrior for WindClan but Dappleshine told me that we just need to be ourselves. We shouldn't compare, we should just do what we can do. You are right! I am of WindClan now - and so are you. You are our medicine cat and that...That's enough. Don't try to live up to being like Aspenheart. I've heard that won't get you anywhere good - just...Try to be yourself. That is all we want," she purred, pressing herself against Softbreeze. Her eyes closed in bliss for a couple heartbeats before she blinked them open to stare at the mountain that was now towering before them. "...Are we here?" she questioned, her voice soft and in awe. "Is this...Uh... Highstones?"

Back to top Go down
Stormy

Stormy

Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 10:15

"Well, I can't argue with you there, he wasn't exactly... The most friendly, I suppose." She mused, reflecting back on her time with the tom. She knew him better than did, he was more than a mentor. He was a friend, he was her uncle. "Dappleshine has always given good advice, hasn't she? We can-- and we will-- be enough for WindClan. Together. You'll be a great warrior, I know it. But first..." A playful tone fell off her tongue and it up her eyes as she grinned at the tan molly.

"First, I think you actually need to finish your Moonstone!" Teasing aside now, she cleared her throat and looked at the mountain, a twinkle in her eyes. "Haypaw, this is indeed Highstones. We're nearly to the Moonstone now, all we must do is now go through Mothermouth. I hope you aren't afraid of the dark."

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey B913ee10

Softbreeze padded gently up the slope towards Mothermouth. She'd been several here before, and the magic of the first time had worn off. The beautiful crystal didn't seem to shine as bright or make her grin and marvel at it in wonder any longer. Still, she knew Haypaw would be as amazed as she'd been at first. Now, however, they'd need to make it past the dark tunnel between them and their ancestors. "Stick close to me, Haypaw. It's not as scary as it seems."

Down, down, down. Through the winding tunnel they went, and then finally, they made it into a hollowed out chamber. "Just in time. Three... Two... One!" Softbreeze couldn't keep the excitement from her mew and she grinned, looking over to see Haypaw's reaction.
Everything turned sparkling bright.

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey Images10

"All that's left, is to touch the stone with your nose! After that, a StarClan cat will come to you. I hope you find the answers you seek." Instructions done, Softbreeze curled up, content to sleep as Haypaw dreamed with StarClan.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 11:35

Haypaw purred, eyes staring up at wonder at the large mountain before them. It had been near impossible to miss on the horizon during her entire stay in WindClan and she had been curious about them - what they held, what was beyond...But to know that this was where the scared Moonstone was... She blinked as Softbreeze teased about her (hopefully) not being afraid of the dark. "What? Nah, I've been in the tunnels a couple times," she meowed as she followed after the she-cat - up the slope and into the tunnel entrance. "The dark doesn't bother me that much but..." A soft, perhaps slightly nervous, laugh escaped her. "Yeah, I'll stick close, don't worry. I don't know how well I would be able to find my way back if I got lost," she admitted.

She fell into silence as the two padded, her eyes remaining fixed on the barest hint of Softbreeze's form in the darkness - her nose barely a whisker-length from the medicine cat's tail the entire trip. Finally the silence was broken as the tunnel started to give away to light and Softbreeze started to count, the two she-cats stepping into the glowing cavern. Nothing could have prepared Haypaw for the sight before her - the stone that stood in the clearing, the open night sky high above them with the stars and moon visible. The moonlight bathed the cavern in a pale light, but casted a strange glow cross the stone - the Moonstone... Haypaw couldn't deny it was fittingly named as she stood there, locked in awe and wonder.

She jumped as Softbreeze spoke up again, spinning to give her a wide-eyed stare. She was to...Touch the stone? That simple action felt strange upon in thought - the stone felt important, it was awe-inspiring and it was the connection between the Clans and StarClan. While touching it made sense on some level, it also felt...Wrong. Like it was to scared, special, to be touched by a meer apprentice like herself. But...It wasn't as if she felt like Softbreeze was steering her wrong. She gave a nervous nod of her head as she stepped forward, making her way to the stone as she laid down and tucked her paws beneath her. "...A-Alright..." she managed, swallowing slightly before she took in a deep breath. "Lets do this."

With that, she touched her nose to the stone. The sheer coldness of it made her flinch, having never felt something like it. But instead, she felt rooted in place as she sat there, waiting... Then, there was a gentle wave of exhaustion that flooded over her, much like how when she was little she would feel suddenly tired when she would plop down next to the warmth of her mother's belly. It was...Comforting, a gentle call that she accepted as her eyes flickered close and her mind gave away to the darkness. Then, she was awake. Standing in a field not unlike the moor yet it felt...Unfamiliar. It wasn't the same - she was somewhere new but she didn't feel worried about this fact. It was okay, it wasn't worth questioning, she was where she needed to be. "...Hello?" she called out, straightening up as she glanced around, certain that she was suppose to meet somebody here.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 10 Oct 2020 - 17:48

Resting among the stars which guarded the great forest of the clans had been a most peaceful endeavor. A troubled life had left the former loner believing he would never truly find himself tranquility. But in his short time with the clans, Arcayus had found a myriad of thing amongst the most terrifying confrontation with his past. After all was said and done, he was now able to live out his days alongside Elmskip in the most surreal and blissful state. The first time the bicolored tom had stepped away from this resigned place in a star-speckled, navy realm was to greet Olivestar. There was a flicker of a smile across his weary features at the memory. This afterlife had welcomed and embraced him in the most wonderful way. Their way of life had quickly become his own.

After such devastation and destruction, a path that had haunted his paws, Starclan was where his soul belonged. It was for this reason, with a little encouragement from his mate, that the tom formerly known as Patrick had agreed to lend himself to guiding the pawsteps of Windclan. A fondness always touched his gaze when he thought of them. Even as the cats he'd known had slipped into their own afterlife bliss, his attachment to the well-being of his former home had not diminished. Arcayus was contented to watch over them until the end of time, witnessing their struggles and achievements. Death had taught him so many things that not even age had touched, and it was this wisdom that he sought to share with young cats who were merely just beginning their lives.

There was a twitch of whiskers as he faced the pale she-cat; he adored the disorderly nature of her pelt. Curious green eyes caught his attention and the tom sat a couple of tail-lengths away. Stardust gleamed, highlighting the ashen gray and vibrant orange of his coat. A warm smile lit the expression of the plump cat and he beckoned her forward with the flickering of a tail, "Come here, young one. Welcome to Starclan. My name is Arcayus, although Windclan knows me as Patrick. You come here seeking advice don't you? There's no rush, ask away, or we could just sit. I don't mind." One ear flicked as he gazed after her with a fondness that only a fatherly tom like himself could. Had he lived a longer life, no doubt he and Elmskip would have raised many more kits, as many as needed to be raised.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 1 Nov 2020 - 11:39

Haypaw straightened up as she suddenly took notice of the star-lit form of the tom, eyes growing wide in wonder as she realized that she was actually staring at a StarClan cat. As she was beckoned forward, she did so with soft paws, whiskers twitching as she took a seat not far from him. This was...Arcayus. The name meant little to her - but the second name...Patrick...Her eyes widen, recalling hearing that name every once in a while. As he prodded gently, asking if she had a question of her own, she could barely sit still as her tail twitched. "You!" she suddenly gasped, before she blinked with a nervous laugh, ears slicking as she lowered her head. "Ah...Sorry. I-I just heard a lot about you. You were a respected cat, even after your death. I...Um..." she hesitated, trying to think up a question. Her mind couldn't help but drift back to her conversation with Softbreeze... And she lowered her head, scuffing at the paw. "...How did you do it? You came into WindClan as an adult, didn't you? I barely remember my life before I was found - but even then I think of that kit as a separate...Me. But t-that's easy to do when I don't have much to remember that 'me' with. Just...Feelings. But you - you had a whole life before you ended up in WindClan! Was it...Was it easy? How did you find your place there? I-I mean you really must have felt like you belong if you ended up here, right?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 2 Nov 2020 - 8:03

You! Patrick was taken aback but the exclamation. But as she stumbled to explain where it came from, the recognition, the tom's whiskers began to twitch. After the many seasons of life, he'd sought to long to find a place he belonged and the forest seemed to fit perfectly. It was the very reason that the former loner lay among the stars with his mates. As he studied her expression, the bi-colored tom found himself reminiscing on the many moons he'd felt something similar. His paws had carried him across many lands, running away from his past, and seeking a sense of self that seemed near impossible to find. That path had been a lonely one to walk, feeling so distant from any cats he met and with a secret strapped to his pelt that had weighed as much as boulders. For so long, he'd sought to distance himself from the past instead of embrace it.

It was why Windclan had known him as Patrick and not his birth name - Arcayus. Flickering his tail for a moment, the loner sought the right words to say. Perhaps it was because he was older, some gray around the muzzle, that others thought the wisdom would be bountiful underneath his help. However, Arcayus had never been the most eloquently spoken; his elder brother Artemis, whose path had also crossed that of the clans, was the more forthright of the pair. Finally, a smile crossed his maw once again as he turned to the apprentice, "I had to embrace my past to find where I truly belonged. It's what you make of your circumstances that define you, Haypaw, instead of letting them shape you. That kit, you, are all one in the same. If it weren't for that past, your paws wouldn't have lead you to this present. It's something I had to come to terms with when I came to Windclan. And I have to say, it worked out pretty well for me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haypaw's Moonstone Journey   Haypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Haypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1