Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I’m Blind, I’m Blind!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Falcarolwing

Falcarolwing

Characters : Ravenmist (R) | Crowspirit (C)
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan, WindClan
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 1217

I’m Blind, I’m Blind! Empty
PostSubject: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Ravenmist crouched near the edge of the Thunderpath, trying to discern the noises on the other side over the roar and stench of the Thunderpath. It was always a pain, the black prowling-ground of monsters. Without sight, it was hard to tell if another cat had crossed recently, or was still around. She thought she could detect a bit of WindClan, but it was too weak for her to determine whether it was her imagination or not. So she stood, and padded up and down the side of the path a few paces, searching in vain for a better place to check.

((We could do this a few different ways, Sal, as they don’t have to battle if it doesn’t make sense. Perhaps Wildpaw steps onto the path by accident and Ravenmist saves/admonishes her, or Ravenmist is the one to cross when she gets an opening, and tries to determine whether Wildpaw’s scent is coming from her territory or just past the path. If you have a different idea feel free to follow through with it!))

I’m Blind, I’m Blind! Crowsp10
Ravenmist | Blind | She-cat | T2 ShadowClan Deputy (Disabled) | 95/250 | 0000ff
Crowspirit | Tom | WindClan Tier 2 Warrior | 45/160 | 003300
Ospreypaw | She-cat | ThunderClan Apprentice | 20/80 | cc9900
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:05 pm

((I think it'd be best if Raven crossed over to try to determine where the WC scent is coming from))

Wildpaw's nose twitched, scenting the air. The acrid tang of the Thunderpath blocked almost all of the scents around it, and the loud roars of the monsters blocked her hearing. It was only during a long lull that she heard the rustling of bushes on the other side of the Thunderpath... she thought. Wildpaw didn't trust her senses all that much, and she dismissed it as some rabbit rustling the leaves. Her tail flicked as she scented the air, and she almost choked on the gravelly Thunderpath scent. Was that a hint of ShadowClan? Maybe a ShadowClan warrior or apprentice had rustled the bushes. Well, no one was yowling insults at her, as was typical in her experience when encountering cats from other Clans, so she figured she was imagining things. With a small sigh, the tawny molly turned around, ears pricked, trying to find some prey. Unfortunately, there was none here, and Wildpaw's tail drooped. She sat down, tasting the air, and wondered if any rabbits might be passing by soon. The Thunderpath wasn't a great place to hunt, though.
Back to top Go down
Falcarolwing

Falcarolwing

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:26 pm

She couldn’t get a good scent. But now she was almost certain someone, or something was there. If it was a predator, better to deal with it now than wait for it to attack a Clan camp. If it was a cat, well, if they were lingering there that long they were probably thinking about crossing. She’d just try to talk her way around it and not get into a fight.

So the blind molly waited for a lull in the noise of the monsters, then hurried across. She found herself facing not a fox, but a WindClanner, a she-cat by the smell of her. So she stood still, waiting for the other cat to make the first move, and allow Ravenmist to size up her mood and the situation.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 pm

The pungent reek of monster slowly faded away as a new scent became sharper: ShadowClan. Too strong for her to be imagining it. She sniffed again to make sure, and a few more details became clearer: an older she-cat, in a pretty calm mood, it seemed. Hopefully not here to start a fight. All the same, she was on the WindClan side of the border, but maybe there was a mix-up - a predator on the ShadowClan side or something. Forcing her tone to be not hostile, but not entirely polite, either, Wildpaw's tail twitched nervously as she asked, "H-hello. If you don't mind me asking, who are you, and what are you doing on WindClan territory?" Nope, her tone had mixed with a bit of fear, deference, and uncertainty, and Wildpaw winced, mentally berating herself for not claiming a position of authority as she probably should've.
Back to top Go down
Falcarolwing

Falcarolwing

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:44 pm

The other molly was unsure, lacking confidence on her own territory. Not a threat. She kept her claws sheathed and tail still as she spoke. “I am Ravenmist. I’m the ShadowClan deputy. You’ve probably seen me at Gatherings before. I was just checking the border, but I scented something on the other side. I’m afraid I thought you were a fox until a few moments ago. Border marks and the Thunderpath seem to obscure scent.”

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:50 pm

She was... talking to a deputy? Wildpaw's mouth fell open, about to ask if there was a reason she'd come - was ShadowClan in trouble? Did she need to talk to Ravenstar? - when she explained it. Her muscles loosened in relief, ears twitching slightly at her word choice. "I - well, I haven't... seen... you. I'm blind too." It was a relief to meet a cat who'd been through something similar to her - almost the same. They'd both been scared and blinded as apprentices, Ravenmist by a RiverClan apprentice, if her knowledge was correct, and Wildpaw by an eagle. Still, it was refreshing, to find a like-minded cat. Knowing Ravenmist had overcome her blindness to become deputy was an encouraging thing to Wildpaw.
Back to top Go down
Falcarolwing

Falcarolwing

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Ravenmist’s heart nearly skipped a beat when the WindClanner spoke. This was Wildpaw, Olivestone’s apprentice! “Olivestone told me about you at the Gathering. Do you mind me lingering a bit to speak with you? As much as I hate needlessly trespassing, you’re the first cat like me I’ve heard of, and under such similar circumstances, too. Is there anything you’d like to ask me? You’re welcome to probe my thoughts as much as I’m eager to probe yours.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I’m Blind, I’m Blind!   I’m Blind, I’m Blind! Empty

Back to top Go down

I’m Blind, I’m Blind!
Page 1 of 1