Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide Empty
PostSome Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide

Hello again WCC!! It's been a little bit since the site-wide wrapped, and Staff feel that we have covered a fair amount of things discussed and mentioned throughout the process and here I am to announce the changes, adjustments, and tweakings!

First we'll take a look at the battle system. Many of you brought up some really great observations and ideas, so here is a breakdown of the changes to notice moving forward. First, the wording on the move Run-and-Tackle was edited for clarification. It was mentioned that the wording was a little ambiguous following the addition of the Switching Focus move, so hopefully the new wording helps clarify that. Run-and-Tackle can be used at any time, however it only grants the +3 damage when your target is not aware of you, for example a sneak attack from the bushes while your opponent is unaware of your presence. Next, a proper ruling on the use of Dodge moves to avoid a KO was made. If your opponent uses a move that would KO you, regardless of whether you are being double teamed or not, the battle is to be put immediately on hold. You will have to decide whether or not to attempt the dodge or accept the KO (within 24 hours if in a large-scale or otherwise timed battle). The battle will resume in it's regular order following your post. Third, the SP costs of Rear-Up to Slash and Upright Front Paws were switched. And last, but certainly not least, an idea about a withdraw action was proposed. After a lot of debating and deliberation, Staff has agreed that we feel something like this would be a bit counterproductive and unnecessary. Battles are intended to be fought, not run away from, and with a KO not meaning death unless the roleplayer wishes it to be so we feel that they have the opportunity to run when the going gets tough. However, we are open for reconsideration if more ideas and thoughts are brought forward.

I know that was a lot, and I promise we don't have that much more. In addition to the above changes, we are currently looking into a revision to one of RiverClan's clan moves, so they (like the other clans) have one that can be used outside of the River and it's nearby territories. Once we have something ironed out, we will present it in its entirety! Additionally, the site-wide was to serve as a bit of a curb for Forbidden Relationship plots. To address what I'm sure you all have already noticed, Staff will be a little more particular about what is approved and what isn't in terms of plots. For a Forbidden Relationship plot to be approved, we ask that you be able to include at least two threads with the characters in question interacting and building the grounds for a relationship. For clan cats, preferably these topics are done outside of battle and the Gatherings. In addition, Murder plots applications will also be asked to include at least one thread with the to-be-murderer revealing the thought path leading them to consider killing another cat and their desire/willingness to do so. This is subject to changes or adjustments as we go and feel things out more.

Finally, this has been a long time coming. The site-wide pushed this back quite a bit, and I apologize that we were unable to address it sooner. The results from the Forum Skin Feedback were wonderful and thought-provoking, and it was pretty clear that many of our members wanted to try the proposed skin that mixed both of our wonderful member's sumashira and RainyHeart's skins. We will be rolling out the new skin change within the next couple of weeks, along with the other adjustments discussed in that survey (the clan icons being dark brown, discussions about potential regular skin changes, etc). A question asking about allowing members to choose which skin they would prefer was voiced again. We have looked into this to the best of our capability, and unfortunately it does not appear that we are able to do this at this time. I don't understand a lot of the technical things, but the basics is that the formatting of our skins just don't meld with the programs that would give us the chance to do this, and there is a very real chance that attempting it would simply break the site entirely. We will keep our eyes and ears out, and if you all happen to see or hear anything, please let us know!

Phew, I think that's just about everything for now. Staff is still working on some other projects that we hope to announce soon, so be on the lookout! Otherwise, I hope you all have lovely days, nights, evenings, or what have you, and I look forward to continuing to RP with you all! In Love Hamu

~Mosspelt

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide Giphy

Last edited by Mosspelt on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide :: Comments

sumashira
Re: Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide
Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:59 am by sumashira
A big ol' beefy announcement! Thanks, staff, for dealing with that whirlwind of chaos and roleplay excitement that has been the sitewide. I appreciate how the battle reforms were added to try to let members catch issues, I think it was a useful way to feel heard. :) Good job y'all~
deer
Re: Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide
Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:40 am by deer
Thanks Staff! It’s been a lot going on, and I think these will be some exciting and helpful changes! Can’t wait to see what comes next <3

Some Reforms and News Following the 2020 Site-Wide

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: