Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Moor To See [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Moor To See [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 13:41

Once again Summer found herself on the moors, enticed again by the wide-open space in which to roam free. She could see the heather bushes in bloom, flourishing, and she was drawn to them. The pretty cream-ginger drifter had the respect and courtesy to not hunt on these moors, but she didn't quite have enough self-discipline to not roam. She was distracted by a pretty yellow-and-black butterfly fluttering through the air when she heard the sound of pawsteps. Her head raised, focus breaking, and she immediately looked around intently, almost hopeful of what - or who - she might see.

Moor To See [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Characters : Maplewhisker | Willowbreeze | Jaggedkit | Cloverfrost
Clan/Rank : WC T4 Warrior | RC T2 Warrior | SKC Kit | RC Elder
Capricorn Rooster
Number of posts : 381

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 13:53

Maplewhisker was patrolling by herself when she caught a whiff of something non-WindClan.  It was a cat of some sort, but they didn't seem to be from another Clan.  She snuck up behind them and pounced.  As she hit the cat's back, she let out a caterwaul.

Maplewhisker used Run-and-Tackle, dealing 10 HP and costing 10 SP.

Maplewhisker
40/40 HP
110/120 SP

Summer
35/45 HP
140/140 SP

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 14:06

Unfortunately, Summer did not look the right way in time or she might have seen the cat stalking in their approach. A weight was on the drifter's back suddenly, and she let out a startled yowl as she was squished to the earth. Immediately the serenity of the visit was broken, and her heart was pounding as she squirmed, twisting beneath the she-cat. She smelled like WindClan, but she certainly wasn't a friendly WindClan cat, it seemed! "Well hello to you, too!" Summer hissed through gritted teeth as she raked her hind paws down the brown pelted she-cat's belly. "Didn't your mother teach you to introduce yourself?" she asked, teasing despite her momentary disadvantage beneath her attacker.

Summer used Belly Rake, using 10 stamina and dealing 10 damage.

Summer
35/45 HP
130/140 SP (-10)

Maplewhisker
30/40 HP (-10)
110/120 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 14:17

"I was taught," Maplewhisker replied, "I just don't do it for intruders like you!" She raked her own claws down the intruder's stomach.

Maplewhisker used Belly Rake, dealing 9 HP and costing 10 SP.

Willowwhisker
30/40 HP
100/120 SP (-10)

Summer
26/40 HP (-9)
110/120 SP

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 14:58

Summer snorted at the she-cat's indignant reply, then grimaced and hissed as the WindClan cat shoved her own claws back into her stomach. "Come, now, darling; we're both full grown cats here," Summer argued, straining. The cream drifter wriggled beneath her attacker, adding, "Let's not be petty!" With the last words, she thrust her hind paws up again, digging hard into the she-cat's belly for a moment. With as much force as she could muster, Summer pushed the other she-cat, throwing her off and allowing the drifter to get to her paws. She panted slightly, whirling to face the WindClan cat again, but her eyes flashed and sparkled with energy as she asserted, "Fine, I'll start; my name's Summer!" Alright, maybe Summer was petty; this she-cat would hear Summer's name whether she wanted it or not.

Summer used Half-Turn Belly Rake, using 20 stamina and dealing 11 damage.

Summer:
26/40 HP
90/120 SP (-20)

Maplewhisker:
19/40 HP (-11)
100/120 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 16:35

"Well, since we're doing introductions, I'm Maplewhisker," she responded in the most casual voice that she could handle, though she was hurt.

Maplewhisker used Belly Rake, using 10 SP and dealing 9 HP.

Maplewhisker
19/40 HP
90/120 SP

Summer
17/40 HP
90/120 SP

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 20:12

The cat charged at her again, and Summer grimaced at the pain of the blow. The assailant's name was quite pretty - much too pretty to be stuck on such a brutish fighter - and the drifter couldn't help but feel like she could win the she-cat over in another time or place. Maybe, if she played her moves right, she could even win the WindClan cat over in this time and place. The ginger-cream cat pounced on the brown tabby's back, squishing the cat beneath her. With an almost patronizingly friendly voice, Summer purred into the Clan cat's ear, "It's lovely to meet you, Maplewhisker. Thank you. That's a lovely name; it must be a warrior name, right? It suits you." She smiled even as she struggled to pin the other she-cat down, trying to use her claws as little as she could manage.

Summer used Leap-and-Hold, using 10 stamina and dealing 9 damage. Maplewhisker is pinned for two turns.

Summer:
17/40 HP
80/120 SP (-10)

Maplewhisker: [pinned for two turns]
10/40 HP (-9)
90/120 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Last edited by sumashira on Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 20:12

The member 'sumashira' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Moor To See [closed] Mistpe10
Moor To See [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 5:56

"Nice to meet you too," Maplewhisker told her, mimicking Summer's calm voice.  "What brought you onto WindClan territory?"  She said, trying to hide her frustration at being pinned

Maplewhisker is pinned

Maplewhisker
19/40 HP
90/120 SP

Summer
17/45 HP
80/120 SP

Last edited by KatzJump on Tue 12 May 2020 - 6:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 5:56

The member 'KatzJump' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Moor To See [closed] Mistpe10
Moor To See [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 7:36

The WindClan cat continued to struggle slightly, silently seething with frustration at having been temporarily bested. Summer kept her muscles tight, tail lashing to keep her balanced, trying not to dig her claws in any harder than she had to. Summer answered, "It's so beautiful, of course, darling! The heather, the daises, the breeze! Wide open space and shining sun. How can I resist?" She chuckled lightly and added, "I know I should, though, darling; you're right, I've intruded, and I know I have. Can you blame me for wanting the moor under my paws?" Surely they could reach common ground; perhaps Maplewhisker would let Summer leave at her own pace rather than being chased out, and the drifter could find some other grassy clearing to bask in.

Summer continued using Leap-and-Hold, dealing 9 damage. Maplewhisker is pinned for this turn.

Summer:
17/40 HP
80/120 SP

Maplewhisker: [pinned for one turn]
1/40 HP (-9)
90/120 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 8:24

"I can't blame you," Maplewhisker replied, "I know what it feels like to long for the moor.  This is my home, and I don't like to be away from it for long.  Are you the type of loner who has a home, or the kind that wanders?" She asked the loner.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 6:39

Summer's search for empathy was adequately received; the WindClan cat was still, not content to accept her fate as pinned but likely resigned to it if nothing else, and she conceded to the great appeal of the moor. The ginger-cream loner slowly began releasing her grip, trying to determine if she had convinced Maplewhisker that this fight wasn't worth having. At last, the she-cat asked of Summer and her status as a loner. She paused for a few heartbeats, then elected to take the risk. Summer released her grip and backed away from Maplewhisker, eyeing her cautiously as she answered, "I'm a drifter, darling. I wander!" She smiled disarmingly, hoping perhaps the struggle was over with now.

Summer has not attacked. Maplewhisker is free to move and act.

Summer:
17/40 HP
80/120 SP

Maplewhisker:
1/40 HP
90/120 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 11:17

Maplewhisker realized that Summer thought that this battle wasn't worth continuing.  Maplewhisker agreed with her.  As Summer released her grip, Maplewhisker sat up.  She let her fur lie flat, not because she was trying to, but because she didn't feel threatened anymore.  She stared out across the moor.

"That sounds nice, not having many responsibilities, and doing whatever you want.  I can see how some cats would like it," she told Summer, "but it's not the life for me.  I belong here, with my Clan.  It's the greatest feeling, bringing home prey from a hunt, or guarding your territory from intruders." she nudged Summer with a mischievous look in her eyes, then looked in the direction of the camp, "It gives you purpose, meaning.  Like a queen protecting her kits, it's my job to help protect WindClan."  

"When I became a warrior, I swore an oath to protect WindClan with my life.  All apprentices swear the same thing before they become warriors.  It changes you from being the cared for to being the caring," she turned back to Summer, "now, you may not understand, but these are the reasons that being a loner would never suit me.  We all have to be true to what we love, and for me, that's WindClan."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 8:04

Summer was relieved to see the Clan cat sit up without haste, smoothing her fur before gazing out over the moor. The drifter felt her heartbeat slowing, pleased that the fight really was over. Such was the nature of fighting wild cats, Summer supposed. The ginger-cream loner smoothed her own fur, turning her head to lick a tuft down as she listened to Maplewhisker's words. Like the other Clan cats so far, this WindClan cat didn't seem to have any interest in experiencing life as a drifter. The life she'd been born into was more than good enough for her. Summer listened intently, feeling happy for the she-cat's certainty with her way of life, and she laughed, all tensions released, when Maplewhisker nudged her at the mention of guarding against intruders. What can I say? Sometimes I drift right over borders, she thought with a sparkle of mischief in her own eyes.

The WindClan cat looked pensively towards a mound across the moors, and Summer suspected that must be where the camp she so fiercely defended was located. Summer nodded at the notion of queens protecting kits, remembering her time with Mareen and Bailey. Protecting something one loved was quite respectable and understandable. Summer, herself, loved freedom, and that was was she protected. She dipped her head deeply in acknowledgement of Maplewhisker's position and mrrowed, "That makes perfect sense, darling. It can take some cats their whole lifetime to find what they love! Aren't you lucky, darling, to have been born right where you belong?" She smiled brightly, a friendly look on her face as she met Maplewhisker's gaze.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moor To See [closed]   Moor To See [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Moor To See [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next