Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Forbidden Crossing [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

Forbidden Crossing [closed]  Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySat 25 Apr 2020 - 18:11

Fang looked around the strange land beneath his feet. He had been here before, but right now he was hungry and needed some food, or he felt like he was going to pass out or something like that. He smiled a strong scent of Windclan, but thought that it was the border scent's that he had just crossed. (It's nothing, let's just get something to eat and then get out of here)
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 7:17

Clovertwist was out hunting on his own, something he had found himself doing a bit more often lately since Finchstar's death and the emergence of the new sudden and terrifying illness in camp. The ill cats could no longer hunt - some could barely even groom themselves - and so it was all the more reason for Clovertwist to take on more duties. He had caught a bird earlier that he'd buried, but he hadn't found anything else for some time. When the wind shifted, however, he caught a strong scent of rogue, and his spine prickled with alarm. Was someone else hunting the prey and scaring it away?

The silver tabby tom became a bit more alert in his wandering, and after some time he spotted a dark mottled cat with white patches strolling through the grass. Clovertwist's ears flattened slightly, and he followed a bit more swiftly, closing the distance between them. When he was a few fox-lengths away, he called, "Hey - I don't want any trouble, but you're crossing WindClan territory." He looked at the tom, tense and ready to react for a fight if necessary - he hoped the other tom would be reasonable, though. Clovertwist really didn't want any trouble.

Forbidden Crossing [closed]  VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 14:04

Fang looked at Clovertwist. "And your interrupting my hunt clan cat." he said mildly flicking his tail. "I know that I am on clan land, but all of the best food is here, and in the twolegplace all we have is scraps. In order to survive I need this prey." he said flicking his ear.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 14:32

Clovertwist was surprised with how casually - yet also disdainfully - the tom cat turned to address him. Alright, so he knows about Clans, the WindClan tom noted to himself. Clovertwist's kinked tail flicked with mild annoyance, trying to size up the tom in case he had no other choice and discern what he could. And it seems like this isn't the first time he's been here. I'll have to let the other patrols know to watch out for him, he thought. "You probably won't catch much around here right now; since I didn't know you were here, I probably scared anything for the next three hills over," Clovertwist pointed out. It wasn't exactly true, but he hoped he could discourage the tom. "There's an abandoned barn if you follow the Thunderpath that way; I've seen lots to catch there that isn't in someone else's territory. Free game." He waited for a response.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 17:32

Fang flicked his tail. "What is with you clan cats always like, 'go to the free barn, don't take our prey,' he said with an exasperated sigh. "You clan cat's do realize that even though you mark this land, I can still take prey from here? And it is unlikely that you have scared all of the prey. You are clan cat, and a warrior and that." he stated a matter of factly.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 20:10

Unfortunately, the response that Clovertwist got from the rogue tom wasn't what he was hoping for. At first he just snorted at the clear exasperation the rogue felt about respecting simple boundaries, but then he scowled slightly as his bluff was called. Shoot. "Alright, and how do you know all this? I suppose next you're going to tell me my name even though we've never met?" Clovertwist questioned, his tail flicking. The rogue wasn't actively hunting, but he was still trespassing - and being belligerent at that. He didn't have any right to be on WindClan territory if he was going to clearly disrespect the rules.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 7:51

Fang looked at the tom with an amused expression. "How am I supposed to tell you your name if we have never meet?" he pressed. "And as for how I know all of this, well let's just say that one of your kind gave me this nick after explaining that I must never hunt on clan territory, or steal or attack or mess with the clans." he said with a straight face. What Fang was telling was true, but it was all up to the warrior if he wanted to believe whatever was coming out of Fang's mouth.
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 8:55

Well, Clovertwist had asked a stupid (though sarcastic) question, and he got a smart-mouth answer back. Despite himself, Clovertwist snorted a short laugh and smirked, rolling his amber eyes with exasperation tinged with amusement. Thankfully, the rogue at least answered his other question properly, and Clovertwist's crooked tail swished as he considered the explanation. He sighed and responded, "Yeah, that sounds like a Clan cat. And you didn't learn anything from it, apparently." Clovertwist glanced the patchy rogue over, noting the many scars and how his pelt hung off his body over lean muscles. He looked back at the tom's face again. "Like I said, I don't really want trouble, but it is my duty to challenge trespassers. Doesn't really specify what "challenge" entails. So, here I am."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 10:19

Fang snorted at the laid back tom standing right in front of him. "My name is Fang. Although you might have heard of me as 'the pesky rogue who keeps hunting in our territory and we can't catch him'" he said smiling at Clovertwist. "by the way, what is your name? We've bee standing here talking and I still don't know your name and you still haven't driven me off of your territory." he said with his head tipped. "Isn't there usually more of you?"
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:27

The rogue's response was a snort of amusement, or maybe derision - Clovertwist couldn't tell. The WindClan tom nodded his head briefly at the introduction. Once again despite himself, Clovertwist chuckled ever so slightly at Fang's other description. Now the tom's white-patched face split in a smile, and Clovertwist smiled back. He felt a little more at ease but wouldn't allow himself to be lulled into a false sense of security for Fang to take advantage of, especially considering the rogue seemed to have more knowledge of Clovertwist and his lifestyle than Clovertwist did about Fang. The other tom asked for his name and commented how he hadn't been chased off yet, and Clovertwist answered casually, "Yeah, well, I still might. We'll see."

He explained, "We often patrol in groups, but I'm not on a patrol at the moment. It's just me." He hoped that admission wouldn't put him too much at risk, but Fang could already see he was alone and it'd do no good to lie again. Clovertwist dipped his head briefly in greeting. "I'm Clovertwist - a WindClan cat specifically."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:37

Fang smirked at Clovertwist. "A Windclan cat. Is that how you label yourself?" he asked flicking his tail. "I knew there clans, but how many clans are there?" he asked. He was curious about the clans, but had no wish to join them. The clan's life fascinated him, but no enough to draw him in. Suddenly, he saw a bird land and started stalking the bird, hoping that Clovertwist didn't tackle him while he was hunting.

[b]Fang attempted to hunt a bird on Windclan territory. Rolled a 10.[/b]
Fang:
45/45HP
130/140SP (-10)

[b]Fang missed the bird and it flew away. [/b]

Fang spat in bad luck as he watched the bird fly away. He slashed his tail and looked at Clovertwist. "I supose that you are going to mock me for missing the bird?" he said mildly, but inside he was seething that he had missed in front of a clan cat.

Last edited by Jaggedlightning on Mon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:37

The member 'Jaggedlightning' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Forbidden Crossing [closed]  Mistpe10
Forbidden Crossing [closed]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:48

ooc; I only just explained this in the other thread so I don't think you were able to read it yet, but each hunting attempt only costs 3 SP. ^^

Unfortunately, when you roll a 10 you not only miss but you also trigger a predator encounter! It's unavoidable as part of the hunting system. :( Ordinarily the person who rolls the 10 will roleplay the predator as well (from this list); however, it can be hard to control two battling creatures when the system is new to you.

Would you like me to roleplay the predator? You can choose the predator either way: eagle, goose, and weasel are most common for WindClan's territory, but there are more on the list I linked. <3

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 12:59

OCC: If possible I would like you to RP the predator so I can get a feeling of how to RP it when my turn comes. I choose a weasel. Those little creatures are interesting.

Back to RP:
REPOST: Fang spat in bad luck as he watched the bird fly away. He slashed his tail and looked at Clovertwist. "I supose that you are going to mock me for missing the bird?" he said mildly, but inside he was seething that he had missed in front of a clan cat.

ROLEPLAY CURRENT: He whirled around and flicked his ears up. "Did you hear that?" he said hissing
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 13:23

ooc; I'm totally fine with that. <3 No weaseling out of this battle! ;D XD

ic;

Clovertwist nodded in acknowledgement when Fang scoffed at the name of his Clan, his tail twitching but otherwise trying not to let his fur get ruffled. "That's right," he confirmed. Fang asked how many Clans there were, and Clovertwist answered, "Five of us all around the four great oaks between the Thunderpath and the river." The sound of fluttering wings distracted both of them, and Clovertwist and his unwelcomed companion both turned aside to look at a bird as it landed in the grasses a short distance away. Instantly Fang was crouching and ready to hunt, and Clovertwist bristled defensively. "Excuse you," he said in a low hiss, whispering by habit as he watched the other tom hunt. You know you're not supposed to hunt here, flea-brain, he thought.

Clovertwist considered intervening, but he didn't have to. Fang failed to catch the bird, and admittedly Clovertwist did smirk with a personal satisfaction that the rogue had failed to successfully break the warrior code right in front of him, though he said nothing. Still, the rogue seemed to know and looked towards him with thinly veiled annoyance. "Everybody misses," Clovertwist answered evenly, trying not to let his whiskers twitch with amusement. Yes, he would love to mock Fang, but Clovertwist didn't want a fight, and he didn't see how mocking the tom would encourage him to leave peacefully.

It seemed, though, that fate had different ideas for whether or not Clovertwist would fight that day. Fang whirled around with a hissed question of alarm at the same moment as Clovertwist heard a squeaking, rustling creature emerge from a burrow to creep through the grasses. Almost immediately Clovertwist recognized the flash of gray-brown fur. "Fox-dung, it's a weasel," he growled, and not a moment later it fully drew into the daylight. Its beady eyes swung between the two toms before it leaped for Fang, the nearest target. It sunk its teeth into his foreleg, biting before leaping away with a hiss.

A weasel has appeared!

Weasel used Bite on Fang, using 30 SP and dealing 20 HP.

Weasel
60/60 HP
170/200 SP (-30)

Fang
25/45 HP (-20)
140/140 SP

Clovertwist gasped as it lunged and bit his unwanted companion, but without even a moment's hesitation he let out a snarl and jumped at the weasel as it retreated Fang, unsheathing his claws and rearing up to batter the weasel's whole body and slash at it fiercely. It squeaked in pain and scrabbled away from him squeaking and hissing. "Get out of here, you furry little snake," Clovertwist spat, and it snarled back at him.

Clovertwist used Upright Front Paws on Weasel, using 20 SP and dealing 14 HP.

Clovertwist
80/80 HP
220/240 SP (-20)

Weasel
46/60 HP (-14)
170/200 SP

Fang
25/45 HP
140/140 SP

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Crossing [closed]    Forbidden Crossing [closed]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Crossing [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: