Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Flintshard's Leader Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7375

Flintshard's Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 18:32

Flintshard sat at the entrance of the ShadowClan camp, staring off into the thorn-covered entrance as he waited for Mothglow to join him. It was time for the two to make the trek to the Moonstone and for him to gain his lives. Or...At least try. StarClan refusing to speak with the medicine cats wasn't a...Good sign to say the least. How long would the silence stand? Had StarClan closed that way of communication forever? What did it mean for him, who would have to speak with StarClan and gain his nine lives or any other cat who would become leader after him for any of the Clans? But there was only a single way to answer all of these questions and that was to try. He wasn't looking forward to it but it was his duty now.

At least he wouldn't be alone.

Flintshard's Leader Ceremony ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6020

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 21:27

The traveling herbs were neatly bundled, a single one - once again she'd resorted to chewing hers on her own - and she set the second one before the soon-to-be leader. She couldn't help but think back to the time, too long and not long enough ago, that she'd made this same trip with her mother. She hadn't yet been Mothglow then, but it still felt like too short a time had passed for there to be another leader. She recalled the last trip, how she'd been worn down by her own misery, and she took a deep breath. "Ready or not, it's time to go," she said simply. It wasn't that she wasn't still saddened, but there was business to attend to; and she thought that Thornstar wouldn't exactly be happy if she fell into her own despondence once again, with no one there to pull her back. Instead she would carry on as she had before, carrying with her the memories she'd left behind. "It's a long way, and you've only traveled it once. We'll need every extra moment."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 21:34

Flintshard silently turned at the sound of pawsteps, dipping his head in thanks to Mothglow as she gently dropped the bundle of herbs at his paws. He leaned down to lap them up as the medicine cat readied herself, standing up as he finished and she announced it was time to go. "Of course, lead the way," he ushered, knowing that the medicine cat would know the path far better than he could. It had been many moons since he had taken the trip and he wouldn't trust his own paws to carry him on the correct path. He took the last moment they had to stare at the camp, wondering if he would return as a leader...Or if StarClan would refuse to answer.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6020

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 21:43

The journey was short, and comparatively silent, unlike most of the trips Mothglow made along this path. Under the Thunderpath, climbing Highstones in silence, until she finally came to a pause as they reached Mothermouth. Even the lecture she often gave, usually to apprentices, to keep close to her and not stray in the tunnel, went unsaid - Flintshard was sensible, most of the time; she was sure he wouldn't twist off the path unexpectedly. She didn't linger in the tunnel, however, instead moving swiftly forward until the Moonstone was before her eyes. "I believe you remember how it goes," she said lightly, settling into her favorite spot to wait when apprentices went on their Moonstone trips. "I'll be right here."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 21:57

Flintshard was thankful for the silent that carried the cats to Mothermouth, spending the time dwelling on his own choices and everything that had led him to this moment. He had never expected to be leader, or to even be named deputy. He had been content as a warrior but when Thornstar had called on him to be more...Well, he couldn't have said no to his own mother. It was not the path he was expecting and not something he enjoyed every aspect of but it was his, he could be content in that. It was his path to make now and that...That was worrisome. He could not make all the right choices - nobody could. Nobody was that perfect, the world was cruel and he would have to take things as they happened.

These thoughts and more traveled with the duo as they reached the entrance and stepped into the darkened tunnel. His ears perked to focus on the sound of Mothglow's pawsteps ahead of him, aware of how...Quiet things could get down with the Moonstone and how unprepared he had been the first time the two had traveled down here. Soon enough they were in the cavern as he came to a stop as Mothglow stepped to the side. The stone glowed gently in the moonlight, welcoming but he couldn't be sure on what would happen when he pressed his nose to it. His ears twitched as Mothglow spoke up, softly saying that she would be there. He turned to look at her, nodding his head softly. "...Thank you," he murmured before he pressed forward and padded up to the rock.

He settled down, gently tucking his paws beneath him as he took in a deep breath and settled his nose against the rock. It was cold, bitingly so with the freezing weather of Leaf-Bare but he didn't dare pull away. For a second, there was nothing and he could feel his pelt bristle at the uncertainty that it brought - that perhaps he would not get his lives...But then suddenly he felt a wave of exhausting flood through him, pulling at his eyelids. He closed is eyes at the call, surrendering himself to the darkness of sleep.

------

Flintshard stood at the base of the High Rock, his gaze unfocused as he found himself staring at the top of it, at what would be his official place when the next Gathering came around… He paused, blinking as he suddenly found himself, shaking his head as he glanced around at the clearing. He had no recollection of how he had gotten here, taking a couple heartbeats to dwell on it before everything fell into place. ...So it had worked, StarClan had chosen to accept him - to allow him to gain his lives, to become leaders. He was dreaming and yet it was so much more.

There was no sign of StarClan around him as he took in the area - he wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not, to be honest. It was moon-high, the full moon glowing high above him and seeming larger than ever. There was a chill in the air but there was no snow to be found on the ground. Instead it was hung in time around him, twinkling like stars in the moonlight. But then he paused, realizing that...No, it wasn’t snow. It was stars that littered the air around him.

As soon as the realization crossed his mind, his eyes became aware of a slight shifting as pelts of different colors and sizes started to blur into his vision as if coming into focus. He straightened up as the crowd of StarClan cats settled around him, eyes boring into him as they silently judged who would be the new leader of ShadowClan. His eyes sought for familiar pelts - and perhaps even the pelt of the tom who had taken Thornstar’s life - but the crowd seemed to merge into one with the sheer volume of cats. Nine were here to give him his lives, weren’t they? He scanned the crowd, wondering who would be the first to step from the ranks...And later, who would follow.

“Well, well, isn’t it my amazing nephew!” An almost sing-song voice broke the heavy silence, Flintshard’s ears perking at the noise. There was no denying the recognition of the voice and perhaps for the first time...He found he had greatly missed it as he turned his gaze onto his uncle. There was a relief through him at the familiar face, a welcoming one instead of perhaps seeing the one who had slain Thornstar. “I should have known that you would become leader one day!”

Poppyheart came padding from the gathering of cats, his eyes glimmering with life and a spring in his step as he hurried to greet the soon-to-be leader. “I, the great Poppyheart, has been given the honor of rewarding you with your first life,” he boasted, a purr rolling with his words as his tail flickered. There was so much...Energy to him, so much life. Something that had been sorely missing from ShadowClan since he had been killed.

There was a heavy silence for a moment as Flintshard only stared at his uncle, no words rising in his throat. He had always found his uncle to be a bit of an annoyance, unable to match the energy and rarely knew how to deal with his noisy and boisterous personality. But it hadn’t meant he hadn’t liked him, he had admired his uncle’s ways because he couldn’t understand them. They were so different, so foreign...So wonderfully strange.

“...Feeling down, are we?” Poppyheart said after a few heartbeats, giving Flintshard a lop-sided grin. “Well I am afraid that simply won’t do in my presence, good boy! I’m here to give you the life of joy - so I demand that you smile! Laugh!”

“...I’ve never been good at that, Poppyheart,” he finally said, returning his uncle’s look with his own even, neutral expression. “I’m...Not one for jokes. Not for...Humor. Feelings.”

The red tom shook his head, stomping his paw in indignation. “Nonsense! Anybody can smile, Flinty - you just have to give it a try. The world can be cruel, it can be dark. But that doesn’t mean that we have to be so dour!” His smile grew as he leaned forward, gently booping noses with Flintshard, his eyes gleaming with mirth. “With this life, I give you joy! Sure, things can be terrible at times but it doesn’t mean that it's all bad! Sometimes you just gotta focus on the small stuff, find the things that make you happy! Even the smallest moments of happiness can soon outweigh the bad!”

Flintshard blinked as he stared at his uncle, wanting to pull away from the slight uncomfortable closeness of the two - they were touching noses after all...But a sudden wave of pain rooted him in place. It was unlike anything he had felt before, finding himself wavering for a moment as he simply blinked at it. His expression barely changed, his frown deepening slightly. As the pain slowly died away, Poppyheart drew back - a smile still plastered on his face. “Things can hurt deep...But with enough joy, the pain will fade in time.”

He dipped his head, twitching an ear as he took a step back but froze as Flintshard spoke up again. “Wait, Poppyheart.” The warrior said nothing as he turned to glance at his nephew, a slight flicker of confusion crossing his face. “I’m...Sorry.”

“...For what?” the red warrior said, tilting his head slightly.

“I never...I never truly…” the to-be-leader fumbled for words, a slight annoyance rising in his chest. He was no good at things like this - it was why he hated speaking to others in the first place for when moments like this would come but...He had to say it, before his chance was gone. “I never...Showed you respect. You were...You are family but the others and I only treated you as an...Annoyance. I did however enjoy our time together, but I was never good at showing it. So...I’m sorry that it came off otherwise.”

There was a moment of silence, before a soft laugh escaped Poppyheart. Flintshard’s ears twitched, uncertain to take it as a good thing or a sign of mockery before his uncle spoke up again. “Oh please, Flinty! I am the great and wonderful Poppyheart! Of course I knew you loved me,” he said with a smile, a purr rising from him. “Who could truly dislike somebody such as myself? Besides, I think you show your fondness for others rather well, just in your own way. If you like them, I think they will know.”

With that, Poppyheart turned and padded back to the crowd of star-filled cats before Flintshard could muster up a response. The large tom watched him disappear from sight, before he allowed his attention to shift as another voice spoke up. After all, that was just the first of many lives.

“Hello there,” came another voice, although Flintshard didn’t recognize this one. He turned to find a smaller brown she-cat padding toward him, her expression soft. He...Didn’t recognize her, taking a moment to peer closer to see if he could gather any recognition. But...Nothing, although he did realize that her pelt wasn’t completely brown and that patches of it dipped into blackness that was neatly hidden depending on the light - although there was a more obvious dark patch around one of her eyes.

“You don’t know me, so don’t strain too hard trying to guess my name,” she purred, smiling softly as she came to a stop and looked up at him. “I lived long before your time - before even your mother’s. My name is Bearmask, and I was once deputy of ShadowClan. I am of no importance, I was only deputy for a short time before a sickness took me. I do not regret it though - my absence led to a great cat to take my spot and be named leader,” she added.

“I am here to give you the life of courage. Every cat has a moment of hesitation, when their doubts reach them - from the bravest warrior to the smallest kit. My life was plagued with it, I doubted every moment and could do nothing with confidence,” she lamented, her expression growing darker as she seemed to reflect on her memories, giving her head a sad shake. “I was robbed of so many things because I never had the guts to chase after them, to think of myself captible enough for it or simply just worth it. Do not be afraid to take risks, Flintshard. Believe in yourself and the choices you will have to make - and your Clanmates will believe in you as well.”

As she finished, she leaned up to touch noses with the much larger tom. Their golden gazes locked as another wave of pain was sent through Flintshard’s system. His breath was stolen in a gasp, his legs quivering slightly under the barrage of pain. He held his ground, fighting past it as he stood unwavering in the end, a shudder of relief escaping him as it came to an end and Bearmask stepped back. “Faith in yourself and courage in your actions will carry you far, Flintshard, do not forget that,” she purred as she turned and padded away so another could take her place.

There was no call-out to alert him to the next cat, only the sound of heavy pawsteps as he turned to see who was approaching. The sight caused him to pause, his expression shifting to slight surprise at the sight of the ThunderClan deputy, Beartooth. Not that he wasn’t surprised to see him in StarClan - he had been aware of his demise but instead was taken aback by the fact that he was here. Not only had he never spoken to the tom - never interact with him, he was a ThunderClan cat nonetheless. But he suppose in StarClan, the borders didn’t quite exist anymore.

The large tom came to a stop, frowning sharply as he stared intently at the ShadowClan tom, Flintshard returning the heavy gaze with an even expression. Finally, a soft sigh left him as he spoke. “I am here to give you the life of judgement,” he meowed, his voice rough and almost a growl as he went on. “Every cat makes a choice, to follow the Code or to go their own path in life. It can seem easy to look the other way. As a leader, you are an extension of that code - your word is law. It doesn’t matter who breaks the code for what reason. Punishment, judgement, must be had or nobody will learn. The code exists for a reason. Enforce it. he added with a snarl, leaning forward as he bared his fanged maw.

Flintshard didn’t back down, and instead leaned forward to meet the deputy half way. As they touched noses, there was a moment of hesitation - nothing. And then sharp pain. Flintshard barely restrained from flinching back at it, feeling what felt like claws raking his pelt, his throat, his face. Death blows. Perhaps from cats who had broken the code? He was feeling the cruelty that they dished out to their targets, before finally the pain fizzled out and Beartooth pulled away.

The pain felt lingering and he realized it was the scars that he bared that was throbbing in agony, feeling like they did during the long nightfalls he spent in Mothglow’s den as he waited to recover and return to his duties. He had been a victim of one breaking the code, he knew he was lucky he had not ended up dead. He always felt justice was important, that cats had to pay for what cruelty they inflicted on another, so that they would think twice of doing it again. He grimaced slightly as he stood up, meeting Beartooth’s gaze again. He gave a slight nod of acknowledgement.

The deputy huffed, seemingly content with that as he turned and padded away without any parting words. Flintshard watched him go with a slight curiosity, realizing a sort of kinship between the two. Beartooth hadn’t wanted to be here, to interact with another cat. He was short and to the point, saying no more than needed. ...Flintshard respected that. Hm. He dimly wished that they had been given a chance to meet in life. He thinks he would have respected him as they sat together in silence at a Gathering. Ah well.

The next cat to step forward was a red tabby, a smile stretched across his face as his eyes twinkled. His movement exhibited countless energy, reminding Flintshard of his uncle as he watched the tom with a slight curiosity. “Hello there, Flintshard” he purred, tail swishing in a grand gesture. “My name is Ryeheart, one of the most grand ShadowClan warriors to ever grace the stars! The type of cat that all should strive to be like,” he added with a slight wink. Flintshard didn’t say anything in response, simply watching in silence as he studied the tom...Nearly amused by how much he reminded him of Poppyheart, certain that the two would get along well in their boastful nature.

“I’ve had countless victories under my claw, fought the fearsome of beasts and things of nightmares, I’ll have you know! I looked a cat of the Dark Forest in the face and didn’t back down! I helped lead the charge that would end in her soundless defeat and am the savior of the forest. But...For all my victories, I was never alone. And so I am here to give you the life of love.”

Flintshard had been listening to his boasts, rather unimpressed but was curious at the mention of the Dark Forest. He...He had heard of them, sure, but he wasn’t sure he had actually put any thought into the fact if they existed. And if so, they were nothing but a bunch of dead cats. How did they fight against them unless…? ...He did suppose he had seen StarClan themselves murder his mother, perhaps it wasn’t so odd that the Dark Forest had found their own way to take shape in the forest. His expression deeped as he thought about that, before the mention of the life caught his ear. Love? He shifted at that, feeling unsure. He was never good with emotions - the feeling of love had been one that had escaped him the most. He didn’t understand the idea, even after seeing cats around him fall deeply in love.

Apparently this did not escape Ryeheart’s notice, who let out a soft laugh as he beamed at the tom. “Ah, don’t be like that! While I am sure you didn’t have as many cats swooning over you as I did, you still have loved ones - cats who love you, and those you love back. This isn’t a strict romantic love, it's a...General one,” he said, swishing his tail for emphasis with a soft smile. But then his expression became crestfallen, his eyes growing dark as he sighed and hung his head. “For all the moments of glory, there will be equally dark times. ...I know that from experience, and I know how easy it is to lose yourself in it. But…”

He raised his head a little, the light and warmth flickering back into place as he stared at the large tom. “But those who love you will not hesitate to be at your side, so you ought to love them back - even when it's hard and it seems the world is out to get you. Treat them well, and they will be there to support you when you need it the most. They won’t let you dwell and sink into the darkness, even as comforting and easy as it may sound at times.” With that, he took a step forward and the two touched noses.

The pain was almost immediate and so different from the lives before. It was as if something had fallen on him, crushing him and causing his legs to quiver against the strain. He struggled to support himself against it, eyes half-open as he tried to look behind him without moving his head but could see nothing on him. The weight was invisible and there was nothing to be done other than to stand firm and wait for it all to pass. Finally, the burden shattered and Flintshard felt like he could breathe properly again, standing up straight with a slight wince as Ryeheart pulled away.

“I’m going to have to keep my eye on you,” Ryeheart hummed as he took a slight step back, a smirk on his face. “I see another legend in the making. I think you will do us proud.” With that, and a wink, he turned and padded away.

There was a heavy sound of paws, of somebody storming toward him, that caught his ears next as he spotted a scarred she-cat approaching. Her eyes were narrowed, shaking her head with a scoff as she approached. “Heh, it was weird enough to see Thornstar become leader, now one of her runts get the honor?” she rasped, tail swishing as she halted...Before she smirked, a dangerous gleam in her eyes. “I sure hope you last longer than your mom did.”

At that comment, Flintshard’s eyes narrowed as he fur rose on edge, earning a laugh from the she-cat as she bared her teeth in a wicked smile. “Easy there, kit. Thornstar and I are... friends. Yeah, friends. At least the type to call each other on their badger dirt. Name’s Wolffang,” she added. “I see a lot of your mother in you, so I might as well make this simple for the both of us. I’m gonna reward you with the same life I gave her.”

Wolffang took a step forward, tilting her head as she met his hard gaze. “I’m giving you the life of authenticity. The world is a messy place - you’ve seen it for yourself. It's going to beat you to the ground like it does everybody else at one point. But that isn’t an excuse to let it shape you into who it wants you to be. You gotta be ridge, you gotta...Well, you gotta be yourself,” she said, giving a sharp nod of her head as she continued. “The world doesn’t need anymore liars in it, and apparently StarClan thinks you are good enough to be a leader like you are. So, better not disappoint them and let us see what kind of leader you are gonna be. Don’t you dare change your way because it just might make things easier.”

She took a moment to pause, an almost thoughtful look crossing her face as she took a step forward to touch noses with him, a large grin slicing across her face. “Be steadfast, be yourself...And if the world doesn’t like it, I say spit in its face and keep going.” With that, there was a sudden rush of pain and pressure that constricted him, stealing the breath from his lungs as he winced. It felt impossible to take in air as it felt like something was crushing him from all sides, but finally it subsided and he was gifted with welcomed gasps of fresh air filling his lungs.

As the pain started to fade, lingering and aching throughout his body, Wolffang took a step back and watched him carefully before letting out a sharp laugh. “I like you. I can tell you don’t have the brashness that always got Thornstar in trouble. Best not to change that, I think, lest you follow in her pawsteps.” With that, she turned and padded away.

As Flintshard spotted the next cat, he felt his heart sink slightly as his whiskers twitched. Heading toward him was a burly smokey gray tom, one striking fern eye gleaming. It wasn’t hard to recognize the tom, he had met him during his Moonstone trip all those moons ago. “Sootstrike.” The uncle he had never known in life…

“Hey th're, kit,” he drawled with a lazy smirk. “It's good to see ya again. Hadn’t expected this when I first talked to ya but...Well, it wasn’t a bad choice on Thorn’s part.”

At the mention of Thornstar, Flintshard’s expression darkened. He had made a promise to Sootstrike to look out for her, to protect her and...He had failed. She had died far, far earlier than she should ever had and now he was reaping the benefits of his mistake.

Sootstrike’s ears perked as he carefully watched his nephew, his expression growing a bit more serious as he shook his head. “Don’t be so hard on yaself, kit. Ya did the best with what ya had. It's a shame about Thorny but she’ll be happy up here and...Think of this as a second chance.” Flintshard hesitated, giving his uncle an even look as the tom stepped forward. ...Thornstar was...Here? He wasn’t sure why he was surprised - perhaps it was because that StarClan themselves had killed her and yet apparently welcomed her into their ranks. He...Wasn’t sure what to think about it, not giving any time to muse on it before Sootstrike spoke up again. “I’m gonna give ya the life of protection - to expand that lil agreement we made onto everybody,” he said with a blink - although Flintshard assumed it was meant to be a wink with his lone eye.

“Th’ world is a dangerous place, we all know that. But sometimes it takes just a single brave cat to change something for the better, don’t ya think? I don’t want ya to be sitting around on your tail when others are in danger, it don’t matter who th’y are, ShadowClan or any other Clan. Fix ShadowClan’s rep, actually care about others when th’y are in danger and you can do something about it. It's easy to care only about your own pelt and not give a rat’s tail about th’ other Clans, but th’y are all th’ same in th’ end and everybody deserves a lil protection now and th’n. And who knows, maybe th’y will one day do th’ same for ya in return.”

The pain was sudden, lancing through his muscles as a new feeling he had never felt before started to swell within him. He could feel his heart beating fast, legs screaming for him to move, to run but he was locked into place as he tried to make sense of the panic overwhelming him. ...That was it, that was what he was feeling. Fear. He had always had such a calmness in the face of danger, it had even hit him what such a feeling actually meant - what others felt like when they were frozen in the face of terror. His heart sank at the idea of others feeling such an emotion. He could see where his uncle was coming from...That it was up to him to help quell the fear by coming to their aid when needed.

It was as if coming to that realization freed him, the fear evepationg as quickly as it had set in. He stumbled forward, his legs finally free as Sootstrike took a step back. “Make us all proud, kit,” he said, dipping his head to his nephew with a soft grin. “Ya are a warrior, after all. Fighting and protecting is in ya blood, don’t matter who ya are protecting in th’ end, its still ya duty. See ya later, kit,” he said before he turned and sauntered off to join the crowd.

It was the faint sound of shuffling paws that caught Flintshard’s ear, blinking as he spotted who was approaching. He...Couldn’t deny but be a little surprised at the sight of the SkyClanner, whiskers twitching as Beanheart came to a stop. The tom took in a deep breath as he raised his gaze, their eyes meeting.

“...There are a lot of things I regret,” he sighed, ears slicking back as he shook his head. “I was angry for so long, at stuff that could be controlled and things that nobody was to blame for. And in that anger...I made mistakes, mistakes that I didn’t realize until it was too late. But what I regret the most...Is never getting the chance to forgive others for how they wronged me...Or seek out forgiveness for the wrong doings that I did. So, that is the life I am giving you - forgiveness.”

Beanheart took a step forward, hestating slightly before he forced himself to approach even closer to the tom he had maimed. “With this life, I hope that you will stand firm in the face of those who wrong you and be strong enough to forgive them if they seek it. It can be so easy to be angry...But so hard to let it go. And I also hope that you are brave enough to do what I couldn’t, and seek forgiveness for yourself if you are ever in the wrong.” With those words said, he stepped forward and their noses touched.

This life brought a wave of agony, along with a feeling of shame and guilt that felt overwhelming. He struggled to come to terms with the feelings, to sort them out. Were they from cats who died with regrets? Were things from Flintshard himself, having been unaware of how they were buried within? Or...Were they the shame that Beanheart had died with, an apprentice who had brought a war to his Clan by accident and was only granted a warrior’s name in death. The guilt prickered as his pelt but finally the StarClan cat broke away and moved to return to his spot.

“B-Beanheart!” Flintshard called, his voice shaky after the pain of gaining a life. The warrior paused, slowly glancing back at the tom. “...I hold no ill will toward you, not for these scars, not for anything that happened. I do not blame you and your death should have never been a price to pay in the fallout,” he said, his voice quiet. “I am sorry, that your life was cut short. You should have survived that battle, not been another casualty and I never wished for that to happen.”

There was a long moment of silence, before a soft smile worked its way across Beanheart’s face. He dipped his head, whispering a soft ‘thank you’ before he turned and padded away.

Flintshard could feel the toll of his lives starting to wear on him, his legs shakier than he would ever want to admit as he held together the same air of calmness he valued so much. He glanced around, waiting for the next cat to break rank to give him his next life until a flicker of movement caught his attention...And he looked down at the small kit that was scampering toward him. His ears twitched as he leaned forward to study the kit, confusion sweeping through him at the idea that this was his next life-giver - he didn’t recognize the young tom at all.

The kit didn’t halt its approach until he reached him, coming to a clusmply stop before he launched himself at Flintshard’s leg, paws wrapping around it as he brushed his cheek against the soon-to-be leader’s thick fur. “I love you so much buba!” the kit chirped, taking Flintshard by surprise. What? He...Assumed that the young kit was attempting to call him ‘brother’ but...He...He didn’t know this kit and he was certain that his entire litter had survived.

“I-I do not know who you are,” he managed, trying to restrain himself from attempting to shake the little kit off of him.

That reply caused the tom-kit to pause, raising his head to stare up at him with a smile. “My name is Tanglekit! We share the same mama!” That only caused more confusion from Flintshard, not recognizing the name until...Oh. He had heard whispers about how he and his siblings had not been Thornstar’s first litter - that they had all died so young and perhaps the same would befall his. Tanglekit had to be one of those kits, making him...His older brother, despite his young appearance.

Finally Tanglekit detached himself from Flintshard’s leg, taking a couple steps back before he craned his neck to stare up at his much larger brother. “I’m here to say that I love you and you should love yourself as well!”

“...What?” Flintshard blinked, ears twitching. Love...Himself? He...Suppose that made sense, even if he hadn’t thought of putting that idea in those words. His tail swished as Tanglekit reared up onto his back legs, peering up at him with glimmering, happy eyes.

“Others think you are great! I think you are great! But...Don’t forget to see that in yourself as well - people love you and you should love yourself right back! Like how I love you or how mama does!” With that, he stretched his head up as far as he could before Flintshard sighed softly and bent down to meet him, gently booping noses.

Flintshard braced himself for the oncoming pain...But was met with a soft warmth that spread throughout him. It was a breath of fresh air on his sore body, soaking it in as he let it ease away the pain that was still lingering. He had a feeling that this was simply to give him enough energy to withstand the final life, but it was welcoming nonetheless as Tanglekit pulled away. The kit stared at him with a smile, leaning forward to lick Flintshard’s muzzle with a purr. “I love you so much, buba! I only wish I knew more about you, you seem so interesting! I’ll get mama to tell me all the great stories about you, buba.” Tanglekit  finally dropped back, bumping his head against Flintshard’s leg in a final show of affection before he turned to join the others...Leaving Flintshard to gain his final life.

Flintshard shifted on his paws, his heart suddenly feeling heavy as he scoured the crowd for who would be his final life-giver. His breath caught in his throat as he saw the large form of Thornstar step forward...And could almost feel his solemn expression crack. His ears slicked backwards, relief flooding through him at the simple sight of her.

He...He had been terrified, perhaps. Terrified that she wouldn’t be here in StarClan. Among the stars. Sootstrike had said that she was here - Tanglekit had even made mention of her but..It...It didn’t make sense. Once again, he questioned why StarClan would allow her if they apparently thought her actions deserved death at their paws...And this time he actually had time to dwell on it.

He felt an anger burn in his chest as he thought through everything - the same anger that had nearly gripped him when he came to realize the severity of StarClan’s actions. What had driven them to rip her away in such a brutal and...Personal manner and yet apparently be liently enough to let her remain in the stars with her killers. Was it mercy? Pity? His gaze scanned the crowds for any sight of the tom that had acted on StarClan’s behalf, wondering if he would dare to show his face.

“Flintshard.”

His mother’s calm voice reached his ears, the anger fading just as quickly as it had come as he slowly turned to face her - Thornstar having completed her approach in his fit of anger. Her gaze was neutral, calm and...Perhaps even a bit sad as she stared at him. But yet it was the same hardness as ever as she sighed with a slight shake of her head.

“...I never wanted to be leader,” Thornstar admitted, her gaze flickering away from her son as a sharp frown tugged at the corner of her muzzle. “I hadn’t even wanted to be deputy. None of this was my choice, and it wasn’t an easy path to follow. I had hardships in both roles, from having a leader who had given up hope and forced more responsibilities on me than I should have had...To a deputy who was ready to betray me - and did so in the shadows.”

The mention of that caused Flintshard to pause, blinking as the meaning of her words sank in. Lynxscar. He...He had betrayed her somehow? He had always frowned upon his mentor’s actions at the battle, charging in when it wasn’t his place to do so but...Had he done more? What else had been done that they - he - was unaware of… He thought about opening his mouth, pressing for answers but...No, it wasn’t his place.

“I can’t say for sure if I ever made the right choices as leader,” Thornstar finally uttered, breaking the silence that had lingered as she shook her head...Before she paused and met Flintshard’s gaze. “But I hope I at least made a good one in picking you as my deputy, lump. ...One of the last few cats I could trust after everything.”

There was another moment of silence as the two stared at each other, before Flintshard finally found the words to speak. “I...I won’t let you down, Thornstar.”

Thornstar tilted her head, a huff escaping her. “I hope not, lump. Now...I am here to give you the life of perseverance. I...I’ve seen what leadership can do to a cat. I know first paw. The cat I had admired most lost himself under the burdenship and fell to the lowest point because he had lost hope. He nearly destroyed himself in that darkness.” Her hardened expression seemed to crack on that, a rare softness taking its place as she stared intently at Flintshard. “...I don’t want the same for you.

“So, with this life, I ask that you never give up. That you keep moving forward no matter what happens...ShadowClan deserves a leader who will carry them to new heights, not one that will sink to the bottom of the darkness that we stalk. Because if you lose hope, then it's over,”
she spat, before she stepped forward to touch noses with him.

Flintshard couldn’t prepare for the chilling coldness that flooded through him, piercing through his think pelt to strike at his very bones. Words couldn’t describe how painful the chill was as he found himself quivering in place, fur prickling in an effort to warm himself up but it felt like every whisker of warmth in his body was being stolen and replaced with the icy touch. It was as if the darkness itself had wrapped around him and smothered the warmth of the sun from his body. Finally, the coldness broke and warmth started to seep it ways back into him, taking a step back as he broke contact with his mother to shiver against the painful coldness.

Thornstar huffed at the sight of her son shivering like a kit, shaking her head but there was the slightest traces of warmth in her features. “You did good, lump.she said, smirking softly but there was a slightly pained expression in it. “...You look after the lumps that are left, alright? They are going to need you.”

Flintshard glanced at his mother, mouth opening as he tried to come up with words to say. This...This was it, wasn’t it? This would be the last time he would see Thornstar until he joined StarClan himself. He worked for words to say, before finally his voice found him. “...How am I supposed to carry on without you?” he asked softly, lowering his gaze sheepishly.

He was rewarded with a wack, Thornstar cuffing him on the ear as she growled softly at him. “What did I just say about not giving up, lump?” she retorted harshly, frowning. “You aren’t the little lump that you used to be, hiding underneath me at the sight of strangers. You are the new leader of ShadowClan, act like it. she huffed, glancing away. “...I expect that you will take good care of ShadowClan - of my little leeches. Be better than me.” With that, she turned - whacking Flintshard on the nose with her tail as she went.

“I...Wait! Tho-Thornstar! Mother!” There was a sudden flood of confusion through Flintshard as his mother disappeared into the crowd. Wasn’t...Wasn’t she supposed to give him his name? He took a step forward, eyes searching for her but she was already gone from view. He had gotten his lives but certainly this...This was like any ceremony - his new name would have to be given to him. He straightened up, glancing around at the field of starry cats that still surrounded him...Before the sound of pawsteps behind him perked his ears… Dread filled his body and he turned to face whoever was approaching.

--------------------

Thank you those who let me use their cats to give lives to Flint~

Poppyheart - Joy (Yoshchu)
Bearmask - Courage (Myself)
Beartooth - Judgement (Ripped)
Ryeheart - Love (Rainyheart)
Wolffang - Authenticity (Ripped)
Sootstrike - Protection (Kari)
Beanheart - Forgiveness (Maple)
Tanglekit - Self-Love (Lemon)
Thornstar - Perseverance (Kari)

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4827

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 9:39

Mist shrouded the dark-colored starry she-cat as she approached him slowly, each paw step filled with confidence and the slightest hint of... disgust. Looking the tall tom in front of her up and down, she walked around him for a few moments before finally settling down in front of him, her fur fluffed up as she attempted not to gag. Brackenstar could have easily dealt with this foul-smelling, carrion-eating ball of mange himself, could he not? But no... It was up to her to finish off the ShadowClanner's ceremony.
"ShadowClan’s time for sin has long passed. A new dawn has awakened; your Clan has been purified of misdeed and unrighteousness. Protect it, keep it clean from the depravity that your predecessor brought forth. It is up to you to decide the future of your Clan.”

She flicked her tail in annoyance, whiskers twitching as she approached the tom even further. It was finally time. ”I hail you by your new name. Flintstar, your old life is no more. You’ve received the nine lives of the leader that you are, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ShadowClan in your turn. Defend it well; care for the young and old; honor your ancestors and especially the traditions of the Warrior Code; live each life with pride and dignity. Protect the divinity and sanctity of your Clan at all costs; the Warrior Code is your key.” Her words were laced with satire and contempt; she had little faith in the ShadowClan prick. Nonetheless, she beckoned her fellow leaders forward and the silhouette of four more cats came forward, each chanting the new leader's name in a chorus of starry might. Revolution was on the rise.

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 9:50

There was...A relief in Flintshard as he didn't recognize the she-cat that stood in front of him. He wasn't sure what her importance was but he wasn't dare about to question it as he was given his new name. Flintstar. He nodded his head as she spoke, missing the raw contempt that dripped from her words like venom. If this is what StarClan required to keep ShadowClan safe, then he would do it. The Warrior Code existed for a reason and he had always respected that - and while he hadn't minded his mother's...Willingness to step aside on some rules, he was willing to do whatever it took to protect ShadowClan. There was the sound of extra voices chanting his name that caught his attention, watching as four new cats stepped from the Stars. His eyes fell onto one of them, growing ridged as he recognized the pelt and he sudden felt conflicted by the pure anger that rose in him. But he held his ground as slowly the world around him faded...

And he awoke.

Flintstar blinked as he slowly raised his head, shaking the lingering coldness from his nose as he pushed himself to his paws. "Well..." he started, turning to look at where Mothglow had remained seated. "It is done. StarClan has given me my lives and I am now truly leader of ShadowClan." The leader paused to stare at the moonlight that filtered in, tail swishing for a moment. "...I saw her. Thornstar. She is safe among the stars," he said softly, knowing that he wasn't suppose to speak of his ceremony but...Mothglow deserved to know at least that.

"...We should return to ShadowClan. There is work to be done."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flintshard's Leader Ceremony   Flintshard's Leader Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Flintshard's Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1