Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm

Mistlepaw emerged from her den, two herb bundles gently cradled in her maw. The constant onslaught of the bitter taste left her numb to it, so she ate the herbs right before she entered the apprentice's den. Myrtlepaw's was also coated in extra honey; after witnessing the countless reactions of cats forcing down the herbs and grimacing after, she decided to do any future cat a favor. Herb bundles were now coated in the sweet yellow fluid; even though it meant going out nearly every few sunrises to search for more, she didn't mind. She would want a medicine cat to do that for her, after all. 

She set it down at the entrance padded into the apprentice's den, careful not to wake the other sleeping cats. She paused before Myrtlepaw, and as quitely as she could, coaxed them gently out of her dreams. "Wake up, Myrtlepaw, it's time for your moonstone," she mewed, nudging her a few times to make sure that she'd stay awake. She led her out of the den, and gestured to the herb bundle just at the entrance. "Eat it. It won't taste good, but I coated it with extra honey to try and make it sweeter."

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Tenor Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Original Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1520

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Myrtlepaw awoke quietly at Mistlepaw's voice, stifling a yawn as she stretched out her stiff limbs. Finally it was her Moonstone journey. The flood and her mentor Lightstep's death had postponed her warrior ceremony for a few moons; the tabby was more than ready for her warrior name. She got to her paws and followed the medicine cat outside the den, eating the herbs as she was told. Mistlepaw was right, they did taste pretty bad, but the honey definitely helped. Myrtlepaw paused to smooth her fur down, then raised her head to look at Mistlepaw, determination shining in her eyes. "I'm ready to go."

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 pm

She nodded, flicking her tail towards the exit of camp. "Come now," she meowed, padding out of their water fortress, "Starclan awaits." 

~~~

The journey went by in a blur. Same old sites to see, so it was extremely easy for her to pass them by without a single thought. Myrtlepaw and her had exchanged a few words occasionally, but the conversation never lasted. The two had fallen into another comfortable silence by the time she reached Mothermouth. Mistlepaw looked at her over her shoulder and recited what she always said to apprentice's near the end of their Moonstone journey,
"hold onto my tail if you need to. It's dark and really easy to get lost. What Starclan tells you, it is up to you to share. But if there is imminent doom, it would be nicer to mention something." With that, she descended into the tunnel that would lead them to the Moonstone. After some time walking blindly in the dark, the white crystal's light illuminated the remainder of the way. The gray and white tuxedo stepped into the light and moved aside to allow her companion full view. "Get close to the stone and press your nose to it. You'll get a strong urge to sleep; don't fight it," she padded over to the corner and sat there, her thin gray tail neatly folded over her paws, "I'll be right here until you wake up."

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Tenor Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Original Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Myrtlepaw nodded at Mistlepaw's words and approached the glowing crystal, gazing up at it with admiration. She just stood there and stared at it for a moment, taking in its beauty and strength. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, the fluffy she-cat crouched down in front of the Moonstone and gently pressed her nose against it. Immediately it felt as if her paws had fallen out from underneath her and she slipped into darkness. When she opened her eyes again she was standing in the middle of a small, softly bubbling creek. Beyond the creek was a flat meadow filled with brightly colored wildflowers. The sun was shining and a light breeze blew through her fur. It was so calm and peaceful here.

The apprentice smiled as she stepped out of the water and onto dry land, looking around for any sign of the cat that was to speak with her. No one had appeared yet, but that was okay, she could stand waiting. It just gave her more time to appreciate the scenery.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Oh, how the times had changed. Lightstep remember when he had first taken Myrtlepaw out to hone her swimming skills. She had always been timid, but her real strength and resolve became apparent there whenever they trained. She always did her best, and the warrior had admired that about her. Myrtlepaw slipped seamlessly into the smooth waters of the starry stream, looking comfortable and at ease in the light of Silverpelt. Aside from her obvious RiverClan-given grace in the water now, the apprentice's kindness and sensitivity were her truest, dearest characteristics. Her shyness had eased only a little. Still, she had grown in courage and strength in other places.

Lightstep was honored to be able to watch that progress as clearly as he could see her here in StarClan now. He didn't wish to disturb his apprentice, and he waited until she had withdrawn from the waters and stood with her fur dripping on the shore to reveal himself. "It's beautiful, isn't it, Myrtlepaw?" Lightstep purred, his pale yellow eyes glowing with warmth at seeing her and talking with her again. "It's so good to see you in the flesh again. How have you been faring?" He moved to her side and sat, his dense white fur just touching her pale tabby pelt as he watched, attentive to his young friend.

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 pm

(OOC: oop mobile)

She hadn't even heard him approach, his starry pawsteps so quiet she hadn't noticed. At the sound of her late mentor's voice she perked up, turning around to greet him with her nose pressed into his shoulder. Myrtlepaw let out a soft purr, doing her best to hide the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"It's so good to see you again, Lightstep," she mewed, pulling away to gaze up at him with a warm smile. "I've missed you. You left me too soon...You trained me well, though. I know I'm ready to receive my warrior name now. RiverClan is doing fairly well after the flood. I'm sure you've heard of Jaystar's passing..." She dipped her head respectfully. "Oh, and I've become very close with Berrycloud." The older apprentice brightened again just thinking about him. Maybe their relationship was more than just a friendship...

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 9:11 am

Despite their good relationship, Lightstep had felt a small flicker of fear that Myrtlepaw would be angry at him for having left - Sunpaw had been. The worry was immediately put to rest when he met his apprentice's gaze and she leaned to press her face into his shoulder. They sat together, and his apprentice pulled her head away after a moment, offering a warm, friendly greeting with a gentle smile. Her next words were sad, and Lightstep's face softened sympathetically and apologetically. Myrtlepaw kept optimistic - at least, until she mentioned Jaystar. The white warrior's head dipped slightly with acknowledgement and grief, but there was no need to grief anymore. Jaystar was happy - safe. Lightstep had been one of the lucky ones to grand Torrentstar a new life.

Myrtlepaw spoke of Berrycloud, Jaystar's son, and Lightstep chuckled a little. "Have you? I'm glad you're bonding with your Clanmates; Berrycloud is a good tom, and a loyal RiverClan cat. He's a good friend for you," the StarClan cat said, an almost knowing tone in his voice. He smiled and moved on. "I wish I could still be there to be a friend for you, Myrtlepaw; you're right, I left much too soon. I wish it hadn't turned out this way. You've been doing wonderfully, though, despite my absence. You are more than ready. You've far surpassed anything else I could've taught you... You're strong." His tail lightly brushed hers, and he purred, "I'm proud of you."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 am

She listened to her late mentor's words, her chest swelling with pride as he praised her. She couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow however. Being with Lightstep again was wonderful but she missed him dearly. The next time she would see him again was probably when she joined StarClan herself. Myrtlepaw headbutted him gently, a soft purr escaping her chest. "Thank you, Lightstep..." she murmured gratefully. "I don't think I can stay here forever until I...until I join StarClan. But it was great to talk to you again. I hope we can talk again soon. Don't worry, I won't come back until it's my time. Thank you for everything."

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Lightstep could hardly stand the ache in his heart at being so close to his apprentice after so long. He was so glad to see her doing so well, but he couldn't help but think of where in the territory they might be now, and if she might perhaps have her warrior name, if he had been there like they wished. She was so strong, though; she had made it there, and she had done it in her own time. That was all any warrior could ask. The pale tabby bumped her head into his shoulder and he licked the top of her head. The words she spoke were true... She couldn't stay there forever. She had so much ahead of her before she needed to rest among the stars.

"No need to thank me, Myrtlepaw; being your mentor was, and is, my pleasure," Lightstep purred, and his starry pelt began to fade into the dim light of StarClan, and the stars of StarClan began to face into the black of dreamless sleep. "Take care; you deserve great things," his final words echoed.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey   Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Myrtlepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1