Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 23:23

One particular afternoon, Hailpaw limped into the medicine den. The stocky apprentice wasn't in very good shape. Her pelt, normally fluffy and white like Gladepaw's, was torn with wounds and partly dyed a bright crimson. Droplets of blood trailed out a path behind her, already drying into dark splotches on the sand. "Hey, Pricklepaw!" Despite her current appearance, she appeared to be in a strangely good mood. It was with a cheerful tone that she called out to the spiky-furred tom who now inhabited the den. When his gaze connected with her yellow one, she broke into a mischievous grin. "Think you could patch me up here?"

In an exaggerated show of exhaustion, she flopped down unto the ground. "That was so much fun! You should have seen the terror in that she-cat's eyes before I sent her running. She looked strong enough, so I had high expectations. But even Ridgepaw could do much better. I mean, look at how clumsy she was." Lifting one dusty paw, Hailpaw gestured to the shallow scratches on the side of her face. "She was fast when she wanted to be, but I was faster." The action caused a slight wince to cross her features, but it vanished quickly enough, replaced by a triumphant smirk.

As usual, she had been in one of her self-instigated skirmishes. It was convenient now that ThunderClan had a medicine cat of their own. At least, that was how it was supposed to be. With Pricklepaw, however, one could never really tell. This was actually the first visit Hailpaw had paid Pricklepaw with the purpose of treating her wounds in mind. She gazed up at her older brother with yellow eyes that were sparkling with anticipation.

Now, what kind of fun reaction would he show her?
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 9:56

Pricklepaw set down the herbs he'd been moving and turned around when he heard his sister's voice- and then gaped at the extent of her wounds. What had she been doing?! Fighting off an entire patrol by herself? At her words, some of his initial panic faded, and he sighed as he remembered who he was talking to. Hailpaw always did love skirmishes far too much. Her addiction to fighting was going to get her into trouble... more than she was already in, with all those wounds. He didn't talk for a while, focusing instead on gathering the herbs he needed and pressing cobwebs against the openly bleeding wounds, poultices to prevent infection on those big scratches... How was he supposed to reply to her? Obviously, she wanted him to get angry, to give her some sort of big reaction that would amuse her. He wasn't going to play into her paws; he'd done that too much as a kit. He was much smarter now. And some of his newly gained intelligence showed in the plan that he quickly formed.

"Fighting isn't a game," he said finally, voice low and devoid of either concern or annoyance, though he felt both. "I have much better things to use herbs on than wounds that you get on purpose. If you keep doing this, I'm not going to treat you any more- then you'll get infected, then you'll get sick, and then you won't be able to do your apprentice duties..." He clicked his tongue in a matter-of-fact way, as if this didn't bother him very much. "Then you might not be able to become a warrior, if you got too weakened by your wounds and sickness. That would just be a shame, ThunderClan losing another one of Blizzardshine's kits before they make it to warriorhood." As he finished putting some wet, chewed-up herbs on her back, he perked up, as if an idea had just occurred to him. "Hey, maybe once I get my name, you could be my medicine cat apprentice! I could teach you about herbs, and healing people, and getting along with other Clan cats... I wouldn't be alone anymore! Wouldn't that be great, Hailpaw?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 6:29

To Hailpaw's disappointment, Pricklepaw did not give her much of a reaction. Upon taking in her appearance, the young tom's mouth fell open. However, he recovered quickly enough and began to gather up his herbs. The silence from her littermate was surprising. Blinking at the back of his fluffy form, Hailpaw tilted her head slightly. This... is new. What an underwhelming response. If it had been the Pricklepaw of the past, he might have blown up. At least, he would have done something more than quietly and efficiently get to work. Staying still so as not to disturb Pricklepaw, Hailpaw grimaced at the discomfort of wet herbs pressing against her wounds. Ow ow ow. Of course, she would never admit that it hurt. She had too much pride for that! Why had Pricklepaw changed? She supposed that they were both older now. In their short lives, they had already experienced quite a bit. How boring~ She sulked wordlessly, swishing her tail over the sandy ground. Had the position of medicine cat apprentice taken all the "prickle" out of Pricklepaw? If he wasn't prickly anymore, then... then why in StarClan's name was his name Pricklepaw?! Wasn't there a serious problem here? A Prickle who was given that prefix simply because of their spiky fur was no authentic Prickle. That Pricklepaw had no idea what was going through his sister's mind as he tended to her wounds was probably fortunate.

When, at length, said tom spoke up, Hailpaw pricked up her ears attentively. His tone was devoid of emotion, almost cold. The stocky she-cat flicked one ear in displeasure. If he was just going to lecture her in this uninterested manner, she would rather he kept silent. "Fighting's so much more than a game." She protested, carefully examining her unsheathed claws. There were still bits of fur stuck between them; she would have to clean them out later. Would they make a good lining for her nest...? "You're heartless, Pricklepaw. Do I mean nothing to you?" She spoke lightly, but she was not unswayed by his words. The situation he spoke of was completely plausible. Uneasily, she shifted just slightly. Not being able to become a warrior would be a problem. However, what was the point of living as a warrior, if she couldn't enjoy herself fighting? Pricklepaw's suggestion was the last straw. Yellow eyes flying wide with horror, she twisted to face the medicine cat. The sudden action caused warm pain to throb all over her body, but she paid the sting no mind. "That would be absolutely terrible!" She sputtered. Living as a medicine cat? That--that--! "I would die from boredom before I saved anyone! I might as well jump into the river then." She could not even begin to imagine such a life. The thought absolutely terrified her. "F--Fine!" She forced out, "I'll be more careful. I'll finish things before they can hurt me. Will that satisfy you?" A pleading gaze met Pricklepaw's green. "Anything but that!" Great Artemis, was Pricklepaw's heart as cold as his features were mean? If the patient had been any cat other than Hailpaw, such a threat would not have worked. The fluffy white she-cat practically lived for battle. It was almost as natural as breathing was to her. Apart from her family members, no other cat dwelt upon her mind as long as the thought of fighting did. How could she improve her technique? How could she deal more damage with each blow? How could cause her opponent to suffer even more? If she were forbidden to even entertain such thoughts, how could she go on living?

Pricklepaw had gone through it. Hailpaw's expression grew stiff. She knew he had. Once an aspiring warrior, he was now a medicine cat. As the sun and moon ran their race across the sky, his dwelling place would be within this den of rock till his death. He would never again be able to experience the thrill of adrenaline in a battle, never be able to feel the breeze in his whiskers as he plunged headfirst against an enemy's claws. He would never been able to take a mate--not like she ever thought of having one herself. Seemingly quieting down, Hailpaw once more obediently allowed Pricklepaw to have his way with her injuries. "ThunderClan has a medicine cat now. Leopardstar must be happy..." She mused softly, "Why'd it have to be you? I... wanted us to become warriors together. Now we have to walk different paths."
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} EmptyMon 10 Dec 2018 - 13:45

Pricklepaw was satisfied with himself for a few moments, but then winced at his sister's words. "You're heartless, Pricklepaw. Do I mean nothing to you?" He'd thought he was just joking, but now he realized that his words had been born out of his pain and discontent at his position. Part of him wished, no matter how much he would deny it, that his sister would keep him company. This life was so lonely... Her distaste at his position and panic at having to share it with him cut to the quick. Even though it was just a hypothetical scenario. "Now you know how I feel," he snapped finally, unable to take the unintentional jibes any longer. His eyes were angry, but soon the fury left them and was just replaced with raw pain. His gaze dropped, and he sighed.

"No, Hailpaw, I just... I just want you to be safe," he whispered, his eyes locked on the floor. "I don't want you to lose your dream, too. Fighting to protect your Clan is a blessing. But don't get carried away, all right? I don't want you to suffer like- like I do." Pained, the medicine cat apprentice turned away. Her last words hurt him just as much, because they echoed his heart. "Because StarClan has a horrible sense of humor," he replied shortly, ears pinned back. He couldn't concentrate on her wounds anymore. "I'm sorry, Hailpaw. I never wanted this, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Especially not you. Just- just be careful, okay?" He walked farther into the den, pretending to grab more herbs, but really just wanting to be alone, to hide from the shame and the pain. He'd wanted to get his name with Hailpaw and Ridgepaw, to patrol and fight with them. But he never would.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 6:35

As oblivious as Hailpaw could sometimes be, even she could read the mood this time. For once, she couldn't think of anything amusing to say. Since when had the air in the medicine den been this heavy? She had wanted to get a reaction out of Pricklepaw, but she had not been looking for this kind of reaction. Realizing her mistake, she gritted her teeth in frustration. There had been no need to deny his words with such vehemence. Too caught up in her own desires, she had taken him seriously and forgotten to be careful. Truth be told, it wasn't as if she had no idea how Pricklepaw felt. When she had first heard of his new role, the first emotions that had surfaced within her was sympathy and indignation for her brother. How would she have fared, if she had been in his place? They were similar in their love for the life of a warrior. Covering her concern up with a grinning facade, she had continued to treat him as she usually did. She turned to glance at him, and as she caught sight of the pain in his eyes, she almost wished that she had not done so. Her usually bright personality subdued, she fumbled for the words to cheer Pricklepaw up. For goodness' sake, was there really anything she could say that would make him feel better about the bitter hand that StarClan had drawn him? She wasn't the one who had lost her dream. She wasn't the one who had to be a medicine cat for the rest of her life.

Hailpaw didn't really like thinking about complicated things. Rather than spending all her time trapped within a world of her own mind, she preferred action. She had no clever advice for Pricklepaw, but she could simply be herself. The new Pricklepaw might have grown, but she didn't think she liked him very much. She would rather have the old Pricklepaw back, who did not show such sad expressions. "D'you think sending Lichenmask down was their sense of humor?" She asked. Her tone was dry, but there was a dullness in her usually bright yellow eyes. By now, the spiky-furred tom had finished treating her wounds. She stood gingerly, grimacing as she did. "I've got it, Pricklepaw." She finally acquiesced, "I'll be as careful as I can be. If you have to be a medicine cat, then I'll become a warrior for you. I'll win enough battles to cover your share, and I'll protect our littermates. I'll do for you everything you aren't be able to do. So don't you worry." Forcing the corners of her maw into a small smirk, she added, "I definitely won't die before I gain my warrior name. You'll watch my ceremony then, won't you?" Gazing after the retreating form of the young medicine cat, she made no move to join him. She knew he did not want her to see his expression now. Still, she was sure that he heard her words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}   I've Come to Bother You! {Closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Come to Bother You! {Closed}
Page 1 of 1