Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

[closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

[closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn Empty
PostSubject: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 7:03 am

The night had been much warmer than Barleytuft had expected; yesterday had carried with it a crisp breeze which warned of leaf-fall and of frosts to come. The tom was grateful when the stinging edge of the wind had softened to a still quietness over the moor. The first light of the sun was beginning to illuminate the world. In not too long, Barleytuft's vigil would come to an end once dawn arrived. He and his dear friend, Oakberry, had received their warrior names the previous night. The sandy warrior was grateful to have had the she-cat with him during the vigil; he was not necessarily known for his ability to stay on task, and he was certain that without her company he would've fallen asleep on his first night as a warrior when he was meant to be guarding the camp.

Despite the somewhat warm night, the wind had begun to pick up again, and Barleytuft had to fluff his sandy yellow fur to keep the cold out - though to no avail. His short fur wasn't very good at cutting the wind. He looked over to Oakberry, wondering if she was cold as well. The excitement of the two of them being full warriors made Barleytuft shiver. Now they would be able to hunt and patrol whenever they wanted - maybe someday they'd be able to train their apprentices together, too! The sandy tom barely registered how much he enjoyed Oakberry's company; he'd always had it, after all. He didn't realize he had begun to purr when he thought of them working together.

A brilliant flash lit the world as suddenly the sun peered over the horizon. The moor and camp was now lit in a brilliant golden-red light that cast long shadows. Barleytuft rose to his feet and stretched, looking around camp. Dawn had arrived! However, as a new warrior, he felt unnerved about breaking the silence of his vigil. What if he had misunderstood their directions and dishonored himself to StarClan by speaking too soon? He flicked his ear as if flicking the thought away and turned to Oakberry, mewing in a soft voice that was hoarse from disuse, "Are you tired? I was thinking of going for a walk... Would you come with me?"

[closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 2:32 pm

The golden hues, peaking over the horizon, was the first sign that Oakberry's vigil was coming to an end. She'd spent the whole night in silence, with her close and well only friend, Barleytuft, guarding WindClan camp. It was something that all newly named warriors had to do, and Oakberry was thankful that she had Barleytuft with her.

The sun crept ever closer, and it is heat warmed the tabby's back, causing her to relax a little. The night hadn't been as cold as she'd expected, but Oakberry welcomed the sun's warmth-- she probably wouldn't get too much more of it as Leafbare drew ever nearer. However as soon as the warmth had come, a gust of wind quickly swept over the two cats, relieving them of it. The young she-cat shivered, yet remained on task, who knew how angry StarClan would be with her if she messed up her vigil.

The light, quickly grew ever brighter, Oakberry smiled gently. It wasn't long now. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Barleytuft stretching. Was that allowed? Was their vigil over? Clearly, Barleytuft thought so, but Oakberry was still a little unsure. She eyed the tom with curiosity, tail flicking ever so slightly.

As the cats of WindClan slowly started to rise, Oakberry realised their ritual was over. The she-cat stood up, attempting to stifle a yawn, not realising how tired she was. It was all a bit shaky, as she hadn't used her legs in so long. She flexed her paws, and stretched, letting out a deep sigh. She'd waited just a little to answer Barleytuft's question, not wanting to dishonour StarClan by speaking to soon. "A little," she mewed quietly "but It's probably from doing nothing for so long. I'll go."

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

[closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Barleytuft understood Oakberry's silence, but it didn't stop him from feeling impatient. It took all his self-control to not knead at the ground in anticipation of his fellow new warrior's answer. The moments seemed to stretch by like hours - another chunk of time onto the already long vigil - before he watched his Clanmate stand and stretch. WindClan had slowly started to come alive around them as the dawn patrol gathered and apprentices went off to find their mentors or attend to the kits and elders. Barleytuft felt a warm glow of pride in his Clan, and what he could do for them now that he was a warrior.

Oakberry's words made Barleytuft smile. "Great," he replied, excited as a kit, turning and trotting towards the entrance of camp. He overheard which way the dawn patrol would be going and elected to go the opposite way. Once he exited the gorse tunnel that was WindClan's camp entrance, he looked behind him to see if Oakberry was following before turning back to the moor and taking off at a light run. The sunrise felt warm on his face, even as the cool wind cut through his fur. He looked at the sky - no birds yet - and scanned the horizon. Somehow WindClan's territory felt different today.

Barleytuft's eyes slid over to Oakberry, who was as fast as he was if not faster, and he wondered if she felt it, too. Was she as happy about being a warrior as he was? His memories flashed to his dream at the Moonstone: No matter how excited he was, he needed to remember not to be reckless. Barleytuft could only hurt his Clan by not being careful. He wanted to be careful for Oakberry, too. His stomach knotted and suddenly he found himself slowing. Would she understand how he felt if he told her?

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am

A soft smile, appeared on Oakberry's muzzle as Barleytuft trotted towards the exit. The tom was so happy and full of life, if Oakberry was honest it was quite adorable. The she-cat joined Barleytuft, walking slower than usual as her joints were so stiff from sitting the whole night. The dawn patrol brushed past the duo, heading the opposite way to them, which Oakberry was thankful for.

Barleytuft picked up the pace, bounding over WindClan's rolling moors. Oakberry let her eyes wonder as she traveled with the tom, taking in the sereneness of her clan's territory. She'd galloped along the familiar grasslands many times, and it soon came to her attention that it felt different. Not wrong different, just different. It was probably just the fact that she and her companion were warriors now, nothing more and nothing less, and so the thought was quick to leave the tabby's mind.

Oakberry caught Barleytuft's gaze and offered him a sheepish grin. The sandy warrior looked a little out of it, a concern to Oakberry. The smile quickly disappeared to a concerned frown, and she came to a sudden halt, nearly tumbling over her paws. "You alright, Barleytuft?" she mewed brow furrowed in worry"You seem a little w-worried... That's a-all."

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 7:51 am

Barleytuft did not return Oakberry's smile when she caught his eye because he was distracted, though he could have stared at her for days. He hadn't really pieced it together before, but maybe he liked her more than he thought he did - and he'd already liked her a lot. She stopped and Balryetuft skidded to a halt, snapping back to the present and feeling hot embarrassment flood through his sleek sandy yellow pelt. The new warrior turned to face Oakberry, and he replied, "Yes, I'm... overwhelmed, I think."

Barleytuft hesitated, then said, "A couple moons ago I accidentally trespassed on RiverClan's territory while chasing a rabbit. I didn't even realize, so I denied it when a RiverClan apprentice found me and confronted me." Suddenly he found the encounter spilling out. "I attacked her for trespassing, and calling me a liar, and when I won I realized she was right - I trespassed, not her. I ran, and I think she was alright too, but... No one else knows." He was now looking guiltily at his paws. "Well, StarClan knows. And now, um, you know, too."

He looked up at her with his anxious amber eyes and mewed, "Do you think I still deserve to be a warrior?" Barleytuft knew that StarClan had forgiven him, and simply warned him to be less headstrong going forward, but now Oakberry's opinion mattered most. If he liked her as much as he thought, then she deserved to know everything about him so she could decide if maybe she'd want him, too. Now certainly felt like the wrong time to admit his feelings.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 2:53 pm

OOC: sorry for lateness. My muse has been insanely dead this week ~

Oakberry settled down on her haunches, flicking her tail as she listened to Barleytuft. It upset her that he was upset, and now that she noticed it she cared an awful lot about the tom and how he was faring. But that is what you do, right? Friends are suppose to care and worry about each other. The tabby she-cat flicked her tail a little more agitatedly as the thought continued to nag at her. Barleytuft was her friend, and that was that.

A frown appeared on her features as Barleytuft explained his worries, Oakberry wouldn't of thought it of him. He was brave and smart and... Oakberry shook her head. It didn't matter, the newly named warrior thought he'd at least have some sense of what he'd been doing. It didn't seem like him to not.

The question hung in the air after the tom finished talking. Oakberry had an answer, but she was mulling over how to word it properly. "WEll, StarClan thinks your worthy and that is good enough for me. Accidents happen, Barleytuft. You didn't mean too and I'm sure the RiverClan cat forgave you. You're a good cat and a great warrior." she purred.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 5:52 pm

OoC: Never a worry! I totally understand. :)

The silence following Barleytuft's question made him uneasy, unlike the silence following his request for Oakberry to accompany him on a walk earlier. This question had carried much more weight than the first only a few minutes before. Barleytuft swore the moment lasted for ages, and he could hear his anxious heartbeat as he waited for her answer. Oakberry looked thoughtful, so that was something. Finally she answered, and Barleytuft visibly slumped in relief and let out a sigh.

Though his guilt was still not completely erased, all of the most important cats knew - well, not Brindlestar. She'd be furious. She might not think he deserved to be a warrior. Barleytuft realized that one very important party had not heard his realization, and he made a note that he must someday find that RiverClan apprentice and apologize for what he did. Whether she forgave him or not would be up to her. RiverClan hadn't mentioned his attack, so they must've thought nothing of it - or the apprentice hadn't mentioned it, like he hadn't mentioned his. He wondered if she was a warrior now...

Shaken to the present, Barleytuft purred in response to Oakberry's praise. She said he was a good cat and a great warrior, despite his big mistake. The sandy tom padded towards her and touched his nose to her shoulder, purring, "You are, too. Thank you for understanding." Barleytuft wanted to press his nose into her fur for days, but they had come to stretch their muscles, not sit in the sun and jabber like a couple of elders. The tom stepped away from her and sniffed the air, catching scent trails of rabbits here and there. The hunting grounds were rich with prey today.

"We didn't eat any breakfast," Barleytuft remarked, flexing his claws. "I could hunt, if you're hungry." He surveyed the horizon, then gathered himself and added hastily, "Or, ah, you could hunt. We could make it a competition? If we both catch something we could eat here - since we're not on patrol - and we can bring something back for the Clan, too."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 8:53 pm

OOC: I'm so sorry for lateness and shortness

IC: "T-thanks." purred Oakberry, tail twitching. She couldn't think of anything to say, feeling a little light headed from lack of sleep and hunger. She hadn't realised she was hungry until Barleytuft mentioned it, and almost as if on cue, her stomach let out a loud grumble. "Oh, right..." she laughed, perking up. It was nice that Barleytft always seemed to look out for her. Sounds good." she mewed pushing herself into a standing position.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 6:40 am

ooc: I'm not doing a roll since I don't want them to have an encounter by chance in this thread. :)

Barleytuft purred at her grumbling stomach, satisfied for the moment that he had chosen the right next course of action. He flicked his tail to the right and mewed, "You go that way - I'll go this way. We can meet back up here once we've each caught something." With that, the new warrior trotted off, tail high and ears perked, in the direction he'd pointed.

The moor was prey-rich, as he'd thought, and Barleytuft had gone only a few fox-lengths before he heard the soft thumping and scrabbling of a rabbit loping through a tunnel nearby. He crouched slightly, eyes flashing around as he sought out a promising tunnel opening. A flash of brown and white caught the edge of his vision and he spotted a rabbit emerging. Barleytuft was greatful for his pale golden coat which helped him blend into the moor. The rabbit had emerged too far to retreat when Barleytuft ran and pounced, and he sunk its teeth in quickly.

Satisfied, Barleytuft picked up his haul and padded back to where he and Oakberry had been sitting.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn   [closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

[closed] Vigilant from Dusk to Dawn
Page 1 of 1