Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

wcc battle tournament logistics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1470

wcc battle tournament logistics Empty
PostSubject: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 21:57

sometime in april, i made a topic asking people if they wanted to participate in a wcc battle tournament sometime in june. i got 11 votes that said yes, and none that said no. as promised, i've been working out the logistics, kinks, and details. not everything is 100% finalized, and that's why i want to ask you guys for your opinions. any ideas will be considered. some may not make it into the final rulebook, but i could use as many suggestions as possible to make this fun for you guys.

basically, the tournament would incorporate our characters and the battle system in 1 v 1 fights. the winners of each fight would advance through a bracket, just like the ones that i've used for the sibling and mate war.

if you're interested and have time on your hands, read through this text wall and let me know what you think. give me suggestions, tell me what you think i should change or take out, ask me questions. make this a conversation but don't throw salt, please. if you don't wanna read every single thing, the stuff in bold is the important things to look at.

1 - BRACKETS

so, obviously, i don't want apprentices fighting senior warriors. therefore, there will need to be more than one bracket. i don't want 100 different brackets, so i tried to condense it while still making it a fair fight.

there would be a bracket just for apprentices.

there would be a NAW - young warrior bracket.

there would be a warrior - experienced warrior bracket.

finally, there would be a senior warrior, deputy, and leader bracket.

however, four brackets still seem like a lot to me. plus, what if a bunch of people sign up cats of a certain age, and the other brackets have little to no cats that are participating? if i have four brackets i don't want one to be full and the other to have, like, 4 cats.

therefore, i've decided that, if there will be four brackets, roleplayers will be able to sign up three characters for the tournament, but they must be in different brackets. for example, if i sign up a warrior, i cannot sign up another cat in the warrior-experienced warrior bracket. so, i'll go and sign up one for the deputy/senior warrior/leader bracket, and one for the newly-appointed warrior-young warrior bracket.

2 - JUDGES

i'd obviously be a judge, but i really don't feel like watching 100 battles and keeping track of them all by myself. that's why i would need at least one other person to help me keep track of things. it'd kind of be like the wcc battle mods that keep track of in-roleplay battles that happen. if anyone's interested, you can just comment down below. i'll keep in mind your activity levels, though, because i'll need someone who's highly active.

what you would be doing is watching the battle topics, basically. you wouldn't have to keep track of hp and stamina points and stuff, like the battle mods do during huge battles. all you'd need to do is check in on the 1 v 1 topics to see who the winner is, then go ahead and move them ahead on the bracket. the people who help me will know the account username and password to edit the bracket via PM.

i don't need a whole bunch of people doing this, probably at least one. if you help me judge, you're still allowed to participate in fights.

3 - CLAN MOVES

i wanted to find a way to incorporate clan moves. therefore, i've decided to bring back the handy-dandy luck of the random chooser.

so, take this for example. a riverclan cat and a windclan cat have been paired up to battle. i would go to the random chooser and put the two clans in. if the chooser picks riverclan, then the riverclan cat can use their clan moves. if the chooser picks windclan, then the windclan cat can use their clan moves.

4 - BATTLE GIFTS

this idea can easily be removed without ruining or complicating anything else, but what if i gave health and stamina gifts in the middle of a battle? i'd bring back the random chooser, and insert the names of the two cats that are fighting. the cat that's chosen would be gifted with more health, stamina, or both.

here's an example of what i'd do:

"Cat1 darts over to a bush of fresh, ripe (insert herbs here). Remembering what they had vaguely seen in the medicine den, they gobble some down and feel their strength slowly returning!"

i would roll the dice. if i roll a 1-4, the player would get more HP. if i roll a 5-8, the cat would get more SP. if i roll a 9 or a 10, the cat would get more HP and SP.

this would only happen one time per battle, and it would be completely random.

5 - BASIC RULES

- you can sign up a max of three cats, all must be in different brackets.

- if you take longer than 24 hours to reply after your opponent makes their post, then your cat loses automatically.

- killing bite and blocking leap aren't allowed. there's nobody to block, anyway.

- do not use your clan moves unless the random chooser chose your clan.

- medicine cats, kits, and elders cannot participate. queens are allowed to participate using their former rank. for example, if your character was an experienced warrior when they had kits, then they'd use experienced warrior stats and be in that bracket.

- there's no buffs or anything, your medicine cats aren't around.

- none of this will count for in-roleplay requirements or development for your characters. it's just some out of roleplay fun. However, your characters are allowed to recall memories and let their personalities show while they're fighting.

- please no salt or anything if you lose. this is just a friendly competition thing i want to bring into wcc over the summer.

6 - QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS/ENDING

this is pretty much all i have right now! it's not 100% finalized. what do you guys think? is there any more i should add, take away, or edit?

would you guys be fine with me participating? i participated in the sibling/mate war because it's purely based on votes and/or luck. this is actually based on strategy and stuff like that. if you guys don't want me to participate, then i won't.

also, i have a question for the mods/admins. do i have to ask for permission to do this before it starts? i don't want to break any site rules or anything...

that's pretty much it! if you read everything, great! if you only read stuff in bold, that's great, too! this will be really fun if i get a lot of input so that i can shape this to make it how you guys want it, so don't be afraid to share your opinions. (:

~ harlem

Back to top Go down
rainypool

rainypool

Characters : lilypaw* owlpaw *mapleligh*Streampaw*Stormkit
Clan/Rank : WC apprentice* TC apprentice * RC apprentice* Sc warrior
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 457

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 22:25

Can I singe up Lilypaw from Windclan?
and I got a question when will the battles start? just to make sure she is an apprentice still

https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t34726-my-kitty-s
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptyFri 25 May 2018 - 22:28

the battles will start in june.

you can't sign up any cats yet, those will happen in june, too.

Back to top Go down
rainypool

rainypool

Characters : lilypaw* owlpaw *mapleligh*Streampaw*Stormkit
Clan/Rank : WC apprentice* TC apprentice * RC apprentice* Sc warrior
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 457

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 0:42

alright thanks for clearing up! I love the idea

https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t34726-my-kitty-s
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 3:57

I'd be willing to help out, if I've still got the time when it rolls around.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 4:18

This is a cool idea! I would also be willing to help out, if you need!

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptySat 26 May 2018 - 17:30

@rainypool - you're welcome!

@holly/ruskavelle - thank you, guys! i'll keep you both in mind. <3

Back to top Go down
Harlem

Harlem

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics EmptySat 2 Jun 2018 - 21:41

i've decided that this will probably happen next weekend. well, sign-ups will happen next weekend. keep an eye out for them!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wcc battle tournament logistics   wcc battle tournament logistics Empty

Back to top Go down

wcc battle tournament logistics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: