Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] Empty
PostSubject: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 2:21

“Dawnpaw?” Tansyheart called softly, poking her head into the apprentice den. “It’s time to go, we have some battle training to do.” Her new apprentice showed potential, and the warrior wanted to train her to the best of her ability. The apprentice’s energy would be a challenge, but she knew that Scorchfang had assigned Dawnpaw to her for a reason, and she was sure that she could handle the high-strung she-cat just as well as any other cat.

She padded to the camp entrance to wait for Dawnpaw, still deep in thought. The memories of Gingerstripe’s exile were still nagging at her thoughts, but she pushed them away, instead trying to plan what she was going to do with her apprentice today.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Characters : {F}orestpaw(TC) {D}awnBreeze(SC) {A}dderkit {B}irchspark(RC) {S}hadefall(WC) [Dead characters]{N}ightshade
Clan/Rank : {F}TC apprentice {D}SC Young Warrior {A}Skc kit {B}RC Young Warrior {S}WC Young Warrior (Dead){N}RC NAW
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 678

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 5:04

Dawnpaw heard her mentors voice and lifted her head from sleep. Awesome, battle training! She thought. She sprang up from where she was to meet tansyheart at the camp entrance. "So, where to?" She said excitedly.

(OOC: Won't be able to respond much. I gtg I'm taking a three hour long test. BYE!)

Forestpaw///Thunderclan///Apprentice///20-80///Color:#009900
Birchspark///Riverclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#999966
Dawnbreeze///Shadowclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#ff9900
Shadefall///Windclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#000033
Adderkit///Skyclan///Kit///5-10///Color:#cc3300
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 11:47

Upon reaching a small clearing, Tansyheart turned to Dawnpaw. "Okay. We're going to start with offensive moves," she instructed. "This fallen log is going to be our enemy for today. Why don't you watch what I do, and then you can try." The warrior lowered herself just a bit so she could push up with her hind legs and scratch the log with unsheathed claws. "Now your turn," she nodded to her apprentice.

[Summary] (For the sake of example, I'm giving the Fallen Log 80 HP and 0 SP, but normally you use whatever HP/SP your opponent has according to their stats)

Tansyheart used Front Paw Strike on the Fallen Log, costing 10 stamina and dealing 9 damage.

Tansyheart
45/45 HP
150/156 SP

Fallen Log
71/80 HP
0/0 SP

-----

ooc: You might know some of this already, but just to make sure, I'll try to explain everything from the beginning. I realize that my explanation might be a bit confusing, so if you don't get part of it just ask and I'll rephrase it ;) Also, people write their battle summaries in different ways. I suggest looking at the recent WindClan/ThunderClan war to see some examples, and you can figure out what works best for you. I learned from Jay Bird, so I write my summaries like her. If you haven't already, you should look in the Battle Rules for more specific guidelines about how to fight.

Each rank has stats, so the Apprentice rank has 20 HP and 80 SP. You can find the stats for each rank here. If you run out of SP, your cat must stop fighting, and if you run out of HP your cat must either collapse or run away from the battle.
When you attack, you pick a move that your cat's rank can use (you can find all the battle moves here). Each rank deals a different amount of damage (for example, using Front Paw Strike, as an apprentice Dawnpaw would deal 6 damage, but as a Young Warrior, Tansyheart would deal 9 damage using the same move). Each move costs a certain amount of Stamina points, which can also be found in the Battle System for each move. With each higher rank, your character's stats get higher and they can use more moves.

Try to follow my example, and I'll cover stun moves in my next post.

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Characters : {F}orestpaw(TC) {D}awnBreeze(SC) {A}dderkit {B}irchspark(RC) {S}hadefall(WC) [Dead characters]{N}ightshade
Clan/Rank : {F}TC apprentice {D}SC Young Warrior {A}Skc kit {B}RC Young Warrior {S}WC Young Warrior (Dead){N}RC NAW
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 12:20

Dawnpaw watched her mentor scratched the log, her claws making marks in the wood. Dawnpaw stepped forward, ready to hit the log. She was going to do exactly what Tansyheart did. But she lept without thinking and scratched the log, but barely making it over.

Dawnpaw used front paw strike on fallen log, costing 10 stamina and dealing 6 damage

Dawnpaw

20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Log

65/80 HP
??/??  SP

(OOC: Is dis gud?)

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:11

ooc; Exactly, that's perfect. Now for stun moves, you have to roll the effect dice. You can do that by clicking the blue "post reply" button at the bottom of a thread, or by clicking preview. The dice option can be found under the post box once you do that, and you just select the effect dice. You have to check the battle system to see how long the number you roll stuns your opponent for each move. If you stun your opponent for one turn, you deal two turns of damage: the initial attack, and the one turn they are stunned. If you stun your opponent for two turns, you deal three turns of damage: the initial attack, and the two turns they are stunned. So, after you post as stunning your opponent, they will post either once or twice (depending on how long you stun them) without using the battle system. (Normally, you and your opponent would post multiple times before your opponent is released, but because the Fallen Log obviously can't post, Tansyheart is going to release it immediately. We can do a skirmish between Poppypaw and Dawnpaw if you like, just to try it out, and also to get your requirements done.

ic: Tansyheart nodded. "Good job, especially for a first try," she nodded at her apprentice. "I can see you're going to be a quick learner. Next time don't leap, just push up with your back legs so you have more power. Now we're going to move on to a leap-and-hold move. All you have to do is leap onto the log and grab that twig with your teeth. That will be the 'scruff,'" she instructed. "Watch how I do it, and then you'll give it a try." Tansyheart prepared to leap, tensing her muscles. When she was ready, she pushed off the ground and landed squarely on the log, with her paws to either side of the 'scruff.' She gripped the twig firmly with her teeth for a moment before releasing it and leaping down. "Now it's your turn. You can do it!" she encouraged Dawnpaw.

[Summary]

Tansyheart used Leap-and-Hold on the Fallen Log, costing 10 stamina and dealing 9 damage. The Fallen Log is stunned for 2 turns.

Tansyheart
45/45 HP
140/160 SP

Fallen Log
56/80 HP
0/0 SP

ooc again: I just realized that i messed up the stamina count for Tansyheart in my other post, sorry if that confused you. she should have been at 150/160 SP and not 150/156, but i'm too lazy to fix it xD.

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15013

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:11

The member 'Ruskavelle' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] Mistpe10
We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 14:25

(OOC: thx! The skirmish will help me with my requirements to become a warrior. :) )

Dawnpaw watched closely as Tansyheart bit down on the twig. once it was her turn, Dawnpaw flattened herself to the ground, like her mentor had taught her. When she focused on the log she pushed her legs up, and landed on the log. She then fastened her teeth to the 'scruff' and let go after a few seconds, stepping back to look at Tansyheart.

Dawnpaw used Leap-and-Hold on fallen log, costing 10 stamina and dealing 9 damage

Dawnpaw

20/20 Hp
60/80 SP

Fallen log
50/80 Hp
0/0 Sp

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 5:03

ooc; okay, changing gears, we're going on a hunting patrol now. if we're lucky, we'll roll a predator too and get all your requirements done at once. sorry, i completely forgot about this!

ic:
"Good job, Dawnpaw! I think that's enough battle training for today, don't you? Let's hunt before we go back to camp." Tansyheart led Dawnpaw away from where they had been training, knowing that there wouldn't be much prey in the area after their boisterous battle training. She trotted along for a few minutes before stopping again. "This looks good. Go ahead and start hunting," she instructed. Tansyheart turned away to search for her own prey. She spotted a scrawny mouse scuffling at the base of a tree, and without hesitation she dropped into a hunting crouch. Before the mouse had time to notice her, she pounced. She landed with the mouse squarely beneath her paws, so she scraped a bit of earth over it and turned to watch Dawnpaw.

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Sun 25 Mar 2018 - 5:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 5:03

Le membre 'Ruskavelle' a effectué l'action suivante : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:41

Dawnpaw followed her mentors orders, and lifted her snout to smell the breeze. After walking around a bit, the smell of Lizard hit her nose. She followed the scent trail until she saw the small scaled creature. She stalked it, he tail high in the air. She was about to pounce when she heard a snarl behind her. She froze, and turned around. her eyes were wide with fear. She was face to face with a large animal she hadn't seen before. ot was grey with a black mask and rings on its tail. "Help!" She cried as she sped towards Tansyheart.

(OML I SWEAR EVERY TIME I TRY HUNTING WITH HER SHE GETS A FREAKING 10!)

Last edited by Live2Partay on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 6:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:41

The member 'Live2Partay' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySat 7 Apr 2018 - 16:44

Tansyheart tensed at the sound of her apprentice's shrill cry. "Dawnpaw?" she gasped, before spotting the raccoon lumbering behind her. "Remember everything you've just learned, Dawnpaw!" she hissed, darting towards the raccoon. As she reached it, she reared up on her powerful back legs and slashed wildly at its face with her needle-sharp claws. "Get ready to attack, Dawnpaw!" She muttered quickly over her shoulder, dropping back to her paws and stepping back to regain her balance.

Tansyheart used Rear-up to Slash on the Raccoon, dealing 11 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Tansyheart
45/45 HP
145/160 SP

Dawnpaw
20/20 HP
80/80 SP

Raccoon
19/30 HP
300/300 SP

Last edited by Ruskavelle on Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:19

Dawnpaw backed away from the Raccoon, into the bushes. She watched as Tansyheart attacked and how the Raccoon swung its claws in the air. She watched until Tansyheart was done. She zoomed out of the bushes and flew at the raccoon, knocking into it at full force, slashing into its pelt with unsheathed claws.

Dawnpaw used Night Ambush on Raccoon, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina

Dawnpaw
20/20HP
65/80SP

Raccoon
12/30HP
280/300SP

(OOC: ima make the raccoon attack nxt turn)

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 6:56

Tansyheart attentively watched as her apprentice took a turn attacking the raccoon. She gave a quick nod of approval before moving forward in turn. She dashed at the raccoon, dropping to her paws at the last second to rake her claws across its unprotected belly. The beast growled, showing its filthy teeth, so she darted back out of range. "Go, Dawnpaw!" she called to the smaller she-cat.

Tansyheart used Belly Rake on the Raccoon, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Tansyheart
45/45 HP
135/160 SP

Dawnpaw
20/20 HP
65/80 SP

Raccoon
2/30 HP
280/300 SP

ooc; don't bother making it attack, just have dawnpaw kill it (if that's okay with you) and they can keep hunting c:

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 15:56

Dawnpaw hissed at the masked beast. At her mentor's cue she charged at the Raccoon, blowing the weak predator over. It screeched at her but it gave up and fell over on it's side. she watched in satisfaction as the rise and fall of it's flank began to slow and eventually stopped. Once she had made sure it was dead, Dawnpaw padded her way back over to Tansyheart. "What do you wanna do now?" She asked, panting with a faint smile. She herself wanted to hunt a bit more so they didn't return to camp empty handed.

Dawnpaw used Run-and-tackle on Raccoon, dealing 6 damage and costing 10 stamina

Dawnpaw
20/20HP
55/80SP

Raccoon
K.O.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]   We Start Now [Closed Training Topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

We Start Now [Closed Training Topic]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next