Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : (P)Petalpaw (B)Barkkit (S)Sunkit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3341

You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 17:30

Nectarleap was a mentor again. Was this his fifth apprentice? He was still training two of them, one had died, and one had become a warrior. That was four, so the addition of Shadepaw made five. By now he was getting to be quite the experienced mentor. Maybe he could even be considered for deputy if the opportunity arose. That thought was mostly of amusement, knowing there were way more qualified cats than him. All he was was just a father and a mentor. Those thoughts in mind, he padded towards the fresh-kill pile, which was lower than ever after RiverClan's raid. A growl threatened to spill from his throat at the memory. Grabbing the smallest hare he could find, he trotted over to the apprentice den. Before popping inside, however, he took a few moments to regather his thoughts. Because this apprentice was also his adopted daughter, it would be a bit different. He already knew what she liked and disliked. But after a few moments of consideration, he still decided to use the same tactic he did on all his other apprentices. It still let her choose, and took a decision away from him. Making sure to be realistically bright and cheery, he took a step into the apprentice sleeping area. His amber eyes quickly found her sleeping form.
"Shadepaw, it's time to get up. I have a hare for you and then we'll be on our way."

You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) Signat10
Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Characters : {F}orestpaw(TC) {D}awnBreeze(SC) {A}dderkit {B}irchspark(RC) {S}hadefall(WC) [Dead characters]{N}ightshade
Clan/Rank : {F}TC apprentice {D}SC Young Warrior {A}Skc kit {B}RC Young Warrior {S}WC Young Warrior (Dead){N}RC NAW
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 678

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 18:36

Shadepaw woke up to Nectarleap at the den entrance with a hare for her.  She stretched and yawned before walking up to her father. "Thanks for the hare" She said, taking the hare and walking outside of the apprentices den. She took a few bites of it and looked around camp. She saw the usual. Cats leaving for a dawn patrol, cats leaving to train with their apprentices, and a hunting patrol just getting back with fresh-kill. She then refocused on the hare and finished it within a few mouthfuls. She turned to Nectarleap, "Ready when you are"

Forestpaw///Thunderclan///Apprentice///20-80///Color:#009900
Birchspark///Riverclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#999966
Dawnbreeze///Shadowclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#ff9900
Shadefall///Windclan///Young Warrior///45-160///Color:#000033
Adderkit///Skyclan///Kit///5-10///Color:#cc3300
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 5:37

"Perfect. Follow me," Nectarleap instructed, subtly flicking his tail towards the exit of camp. He began to pad over there, turning his head quickly to make sure that Shadepaw was following. The moment an apprentice left camp for the first time was magical, and he was actually quite glad he got to be with his adopted daughter when she experienced that. Upon reaching the camp's exit, he realized that he had forgotten probably the most important step in the first day of training process. Hoping to cover up his mistake, he stopped right before going outside, looking at the newly made apprentice. "What do you want to do first? Hunting, fighting, or patrolling?"

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Characters : {F}orestpaw(TC) {D}awnBreeze(SC) {A}dderkit {B}irchspark(RC) {S}hadefall(WC) [Dead characters]{N}ightshade
Clan/Rank : {F}TC apprentice {D}SC Young Warrior {A}Skc kit {B}RC Young Warrior {S}WC Young Warrior (Dead){N}RC NAW
Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 9:10

Shadepaw looked up at her mentor, thinking about what she wanted to do first. "How about.... Hunting!" She said.

(OOC: I think i know how the hunting system works)

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 10:40

OOC: Okay, I'll demonstrate first but not do the whole explanatory spiel.

IC: "Hunting it is then! Let's get going," Nectarleap replied cheerfully, glad that she hadn't noticed his slip-up. He hadn't really expected any other answer from her, both Shadepaw and Sweetpaw had expressed significant interest in hunting since they were young. With an exaggerated flourish of his tail, he stepped out of camp and into the open moor. Though it still hadn't reached its full majesty that Greenleaf brought to it, it was still a rather impressive sight. Any WindClanner enjoyed being surrounded by open plains, and an apprentice's first time out should be the time that love truly set in.

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 12:47

Shadepaw followed Nectarleap into the Windclan moors, and for a moment she stopped to look at them. She hadn't really been out of camp, and she wanted to see it all. She quickened her pace to keep up with her mentor and she sniffed the air. She then padded on and waited to spot prey.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:01

"First, you have to scent the air for prey," Nectarleap explained as they walked. Making a show of turning his nose to the air, he managed to resist the urge to head towards the reliable rabbit filled hill by Lonestump. That was RiverClan territory now, whether he liked it or not. Finding it a bit harder to keep up an excited demeanor, he picked up a trail that lead towards a two small rolling hills. Before long he spotted the small white creature, and gestured to it with his tail so Shadepaw could see it as well. "First of all, you have to make sure you're downwind. Because of how easily I could smell it, we can easily tell that the wind is blowing towards us, which is good. To hunt it, you have to crouch down low, not so much so that your stomach scratches the ground, but low enough that the tall grass hides you. Once you're close enough, leap silently for it. Don't bang your hind legs against the ground. Do it more like this-" Demonstrating, he leapt silently for an imaginary rabbit. "Kill it with a quick bite to the back of its neck. Then thank StarClan, and you're done. Any questions before I demonstrate?"

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:03

"Nope" Shadekit said. She couldn't wait to put her first prey on the fresh-kill pile.

(OOC: hunting dice or no?)

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:17

"Great! After I come back, I want you to tell me two things I did that I didn't already mention," Nectarleap assigned, nodding at Shadepaw to make sure that she got the message. After that, he looked back at the rabbit, mentally preparing for the hunt. Trotting a bit closer to it, he scanned the nearby area for a burrow. He took more time than was needed so that the apprentice could notice what he was doing. Finding none too close, he crouched down low, naturally finding the exact right hight. Silently, he padded closer, dividing his weight equally on all four of his paws. As he kept crawling closer, he checked the direction of the sun, making sure he wouldn't cast a shadow over his prey. Once close enough to the rabbit, he leapt, moons and moons of practice reinforcing his technique. His paws slammed down on the rabbit before it began to run. But the force of his blow made it's last efforts impossible. With a swift bite to the back of it's neck, he killed the creature. Whispering his thanks to StarClan, he padded back over to his adopted daughter. However, before speaking to her, he buried it beneath gorse bush. Smiling, he turned to her. "So, what did you notice?"

Last edited by Squirrelnose on Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:18

OOC: Sorry, I forgot the dice!

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:18

The member 'Squirrelnose' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) Mistpe10
You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:29

Shadekit watched silently and patiently, not wanting to scare the prey. After Nectarleap was finished with the rabbit in his mouth she answered the question. "You had to check the direction of the sun so your prey wouldn't see your shadow," She stated and continued. " You also had to balance your weight between your paws." She answered.

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:48

"Good job. Also remember to check for burrows and bury your prey after catching it," Nectarleap reminded, smiling and nodding when Shadepaw answered correctly. Maybe this was bias, but she was rather smart. Scenting the air, he could catch the scent of two rabbits nearby. About to point them out, he stopped, deciding on having his apprentice have to scent and find them herself. Though he doubted she would catch something on her first try, just seeing an apprentice try to hunt for the first time would be nice. "Ready to go hunt a rabbit?"

Back to top Go down
Princess poatato

Princess poatato

Libra Monkey

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:52

"Yeah!" Shadepaw was determined to catch a rabbit. her first catch to the fresh-kill pile. She sniffed the air, hoping for a scent. She walked around for a little bit untill she finally caught a scent and followed it until she saw the rabbit.

Last edited by pepperfrost on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 7:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 4:40

OOC: To roll the hunting dice, you have to press "preview" instead of send. Then underneath the send button there, there's an option to roll die. Select Hunting Dice, and then send. After that, edit your original post.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)   You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

You're Gonna be the Greatest (Closed)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: