Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Brightest Burning Ember

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 880

The Brightest Burning Ember Empty
PostSubject: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:15 am

A lone white she-cat made her way into the nearly deserted camp holding a scrawny mouse and a plump frog. Hunting had been good tonight compared to her prior attempts. The frog had been slow moving and an easy catch, while the mouse had been quick and alert. She was surprised she had managed to sneak up so well on the mouse. She was sure at the time it would escape her, but she thanked Starclan it had stayed oblivious until it's final moments. She hated taking the life of another, even of something so small as a mouse, but she understood the necessity behind it.

Speaking of...

Looking towards the nursery, Silentpaw felt a slight pang. She remembered her time there all too fondly. It felt like it hadn't even been a moon since. Things had been happening so fast since then. Willowheart was a great mentor, and Silentpaw finally felt like she could trust someone outside of her family. According to the black and white warrior, Silentpaw had been progressing very nicely. happiness warmed her. Someone was proud of her and it felt so good. She smiled softly as she dropped her quarry into the fresh-kill pile. She considered bringing the frog to her mentor in thanks, but remembered the nursery once more.

"Ah, right! The kits!"

She picked up the fat little frog in her jaws and headed over to the nursery. It was early enough, she was sure one of them had to be hungry. Besides, she always did love playing with the kits when she had spare time. Peeking her head into the darkness under the thorn bush that shielded the kits and queens within from the elements, she swept her azure blue gaze around the den in an attempt to see if any of the hyperactive little lumps of fluff were awake at the moment.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

The Brightest Burning Ember QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Kari on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfos

Wolfos

Characters : Chillpaw, Emberkit, Wolfpaw
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am

Seeing light peeking through the entrance, Emberkit crouched down in the shadows nearby. She saw a new visitor had peeked through the thorn bush. Emberkit set her mind to surprising this new visitor.

As the visitor's gaze swept the room, Emberkit prepared herself. Just as she was about to be seen, she attempted to leap at the new cat in the entrance, but with her dexterity still lacking she tossed herself over landing on her head. "Rooo--aaah! Ow, that hurt!"

Rolling back to her feet, she looked up at the visitor, "Did I scare you?! I think I saw you jump a little! I hope I did, I am going to be a great hunter someday! So, who are you anyways?"
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 am

The she-cat stifled her giggles at Emberkit, "Of course! I was terrified for Starclan's sake! I didn't expect such a scary little thing to jump out at me so ferociously." Silentpaw shivered in mock-fear, doing a rather good job at humoring the kit's antics. Smiling softly, she motioned for the kit to come to the entrance of the nursery with her. "Come now sweet thing, we don't want to wake up your mother now do we? I have a snack for you if you're hungry."

Stepping away from the entrance of the nursery she sat patiently outside, her long white fur shining like starlight in the setting sun. Most Shadowclan cats were only just now rising, as a lot of the clan tended to be primarily nocturnal. Purring encouragingly at the kit, she placed the frog on the ground and nudged it towards her. "This is for you, my name is Silentpaw. Do you have a name, little miss warrior?"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Wolfos

Wolfos

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:12 am

Emberkit followed Silentpaw with pride in her step holding her head high, "I knew I would scare you! I've been practicing!" as she stepped through the entrance to the outside with Silentpaw she blinked the light out of her eyes.

"I'm pretty good at being quiet and sneaky too! Mom doesn't wake up often since I am so good at it! I wouldn't be surprised if Starclan were impressed by my skills! My name is Emberkit, and it would be best to remember it!"

Emberkit gratefully took the frog and began her snacking, speaking through her mouthful, "So, Silentpaw huh? That's a pretty name! Why did you decide to visit today anyway? I don't remember seeing you before."
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:30 am

The apprentice smiled wider, pelt warming shyly at the kit's praise "Why thank you! I don't think I've ever been complimented on my name before. Emberkit is a stunning name as well. I'm sure it will strike terror into any mouse-brained warrior foolish enough to cross your path!" She joked. Up until now every cat had given her a very sad look upon hearing her name. She never had the heart or the courage to ask them why however. She had no intention of fueling whatever sorrow they may carry.

She silently watched the tortoiseshell kit eat before answering her other question. "I love hanging around the nursery. I used to bring fresh-kill to the kits fairly often, but this last moon or so I've been rather busy helping the other apprentices tidy up around camp." A soft sigh escaped her. Really everything had been half falling apart lately and with the rain on and off pelting their camp, it was difficult to keep every leak patched up properly. "You certainly won't be bored when you come of age to be apprenticed little one. They keep you busy, that's for sure." She mused, swiping her tongue over one paw.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:35 am

Scorchfang was heading towards the warriors' den when he heard his little sister Silentpaw talking to one of the newest kits in the Clan. He always enjoyed spending time with kits, they were just too precious. He smiled and approached the two younger she-cats. "Hello, Silentpaw. Great catch!" he praised his sister, tail raised with pride for his little sister. He looked down at Emberkit and offered her a gentler greeting. "Hello, little one. I'm Scorchfang. I think I heard you say your name was Emberkit, right? A beautiful yet feisty name; it suits you very well!"

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Wolfos

Wolfos

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am

Emberkit had just finished eating as the new orange eyed warrior approached, and she looked up excited with all the attention, "Hello! Yes, my name is Emberkit, soon everybody will know it well! I am going to be a great warrior someday! I'll take all the work they can give me to prove it!"

She looked back to Silentpaw, "I didn't know you had a brother! I wish I had siblings too, I was born alone... I know!" She mewled as she looked between the two, "We should play! I don't have visitors very often so I mostly have to play by myself to let mom sleep. That's how I practiced and got so good at being sneaky! It's part of my self training to be a great warrior, but it would be better to practice with others."

Emberkit began bouncing around the two full of excitement, fumbling here and there a little before tripping and rolling over on her back. Still on her back she asked with a crooked grin "So, what do you two furballs say? Will you play and help me practice or are you Scaredy-Sparrows!?"
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:34 am

Silentpaw dipped her head in embarrassment at Scorchfang's praise, her pelt warming, "O-oh it was nothing, I only got lucky is all! That poor frog practically fell into my paws..." Her voice came out as a shy squeak before she fixed her attention on the kit again. She really was precious. "I have many siblings. I'm the youngest of the family." The apprentice giggled softly "You really are good at being sneaky, you should show it off to Scorchfang! I'd be glad to help~"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Scorchfang purred loudly with an excited swish of his tail. "I'm just fine with that, practice is always good for cats of any age. Show me what you got, Emberkit!"

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Wolfos

Wolfos

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 1:25 am

Emberkit overwhelmed with happiness, started purring loudly, "Alright, you wait here for a minute and I am going to get ready! Close your eyes and no peeking!" Emberkit waited and looked to Silentpaw for help in preparing her stealthful surprise.
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:57 am

Scorchfang nodded with an amused purr and walked over to where Emberkit directed him, closing his eyes and waiting in a bit of anticipation.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brightest Burning Ember   The Brightest Burning Ember Empty

Back to top Go down

The Brightest Burning Ember
Page 1 of 1