Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Early hunting:

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cachaemic

cachaemic

Characters : [A]cornpelt, [S]ootpaw, [R]accoonpaw, [M]ilkpaw, [Al]derpaw
Clan/Rank : [A] WindClan Warrior, [S] SkyClan Apprentice, [R] SkyClan Apprentice, [M] RiverClan Apprentice, [Al] ThunderClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 352

Early hunting: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 19:38

Acornpaw looked at the fox with observant eyes. It looked decently beaten and worn after its tussle with the two WindClan cats.
Now is the time to give it my all.
Acornpaw stepped out of Swiftstep's protective shield; swiftly rushing towards the fox with all her speed, knocking the fox straight to the cold, hard ground. "Finish it off!" Acornpaw yowled to Swiftstep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw used Whirlwind Rush, dealing 7 damage and using 15 SP.

Swiftstep:
80/80
170/240

Fox:
10/90
280/280

Acornpaw:
20/20
35/80

Acornpelt | Sootpaw | Raccoonpaw | Milkpaw | Alderpaw
She-cat | Tom | Tom | She-cat | Tom
Warrior | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice | Apprentice
WindClan | SkyClan | SkyClan | RiverClan | ThunderClan
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 14:37

[size=33]Swiftstep grinned at how good his apprentice was at fighting. He walked up to the shivering fox and smacked it hard with a sheathed paw on its head, adding insult to injury. The creature stopped moving. It was dead. He nodded at Acornpaw. He was very proud of her. "[/size][size=33]Good job Acornpaw! You fought like a brave warrior! Although...I would still like to see how well you can hunt a rabbit. Keep your tail off the ground and make sure to watch its behavior. That can tell you if it sensed you. After you catch a rabbit, we can head back to camp to rest! You can take the best piece of fresh-kill from the pile![/size][size=33]" he said as he bumped shoulders with her. He couldn't keep his pride hidden as he grinned brightly.[/size]
----------------------------------
Swiftstep used Front Paw Blow, dealing 11 damage and using 5 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
165/240

Fox:
K.O

Acornpaw:
20/20
35/80

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Middy on Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 14:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

Clan/Rank : [A] WindClan Warrior, [S] SkyClan Apprentice, [R] SkyClan Apprentice, [M] RiverClan Apprentice, [Al] ThunderClan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 18:38

Acornpaw felt a glimmer of pride run through her body as Swiftstep complimented her. She couldn't help but smile widely, replying with a simple, "Thanks, Swiftstep."
Acornpaw scanned the wide expanse for prey. A movement in the corner of her eye appeared, and she flicked her gaze towards it. A few meters off, there stood a white-furred hare, WindClan's known source of prey.
Acornpaw lowered her body towards the ground.
Keep your tail off the ground.
Acornpaw raised her long-furred tail, having to keep it a little higher than most cats, considering her long fur might brush the ground.
Watch your prey's behavior.
Acornpaw's pupils expanded as she intently kept her sole gaze on the hare. It didn't seem to notice the two cats, hopping a little, sniffing the ground.
Make sure it doesn't sense you.
Acornpaw put a few paws in front of her, slowly creeping towards the rabbit. It didn't show any change in behavior. She gave a small determined smirk as she continued creeping towards the hare. Suddenly, the hare's ears perked up and its nose started twitching. Acornpaw kicked some of the snow off the ground, giving chase to the hare. Acornpaw furrowed her whiskers, confused, as the hare wasn't running away from her. It was running away from an owl!
Acornpaw hissed in frustration at the thought of having to fight another predator.
The owl seemed to lose interest in the hare, fixing its big, wide eyes on Acornpaw. Acornpaw flinched, fluffing her fur up, at the owl's threatening eyes. Acornpaw ran towards the owl, kicking the snow off the ground with her hind legs, running towards the owl. The owl swooped up, leaving Acornpaw right where the owl was. Acornpaw quickly turned her head both ways, distracted when the owl suddenly swooped down, digging its sharp talons into Acornpaw's back. Acornpaw hissed in pain, whirling around to see the owl flying back up.
Oh no, you don't!
Acornpaw jumped onto the owl's back, sending it whirling down. She dug her claws into the owl's back with satisfaction, repaying the owl with the same damage it had left Acornpaw.
------------------------------------------------------
Owl used Talon Strike, dealing 10 damage to Acornpaw and using 10 SP.
Acornpaw used Leap-and-hold, dealing 6 damage and using 10 SP.

Swiftstep:
80/80
165/240

Owl:
46/50
110/120

Acornpaw:
10/20
25/80

[OOC: --]

Last edited by Cleanheritage on Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 16:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018 - 18:38

The member 'Cleanheritage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 7:22

OOC: Go ahead! XD Idk why we're having bad luck! :0

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 16:17

OOC: Edited the post! ^^
Made it an owl instead, because I felt Acornpaw needed to be dealt some damage, and every other animal had attacks with a minimum of 20 damage, which would make Acornpaw collapse on the spot, so I chose an owl.
I almost feel afraid that, afterward, when I roll the hunting dice again, it'll be another 10. And the next time. And the next time.

Last edited by Cleanheritage on Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 7:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2018 - 16:17

The member 'Cleanheritage' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 21:21

OOC: After we beat this owl, i'll make a seprate hunting patrol that you can join. The topic will end cause it's going on long enough XD

IC: Swiftstep gasped as the Owl hurt Acornpaw. It will not get away with this! The tom ran to the apprentice's aid and raked the predator's belly, dealing a bunch of damage.
-------------------------------------
Swiftstep used Belly Rake, dealing 14 damage and using 10 sp.

Swiftstep:
80/80
155/240

Owl:
32/50
110/120

Acornpaw:
10/20
25/80

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 18:11

OOC: Yep! Sounds good ^u^
Also, since Belly Rake lowers the owl down to 25 HP, I decided to do that. In this topic it does say somewhere: "You do not need to lower a predator's HP to 0. If you do not wish to bring in the predator as prey, you can lower it's HP to half-way and drive it off." So I did that.
--
The owl screeched with anger and pain as the warrior slashed its paws down its belly. It whipped its flexible neck around to face Swiftstep, its eyes blazing with fury. What the owl didn't know was that Acornpaw was preparing her haunches for another attack, her observant eyes focused on the owl, her tail lifted off the ground. It's distracted by Swiftstep. Since Swiftstep's already injured that thing's belly, I may as well attack that spot again. Acornpaw nodded to herself before racing at the owl, easily sliding her powerful back legs down the owl's soft underbelly.
The owl gave an exhausted shriek before deciding it had had enough and started to flap its wings in defeat, flying off into the distance. 
Acornpaw sighed in relief as the owl flew away. She wasn't sure if she could handle any more of this. Acornpaw looked up at Swiftstep before lowering her head in shame and embarrassment. "Swiftstep, I know this is our first outing, and I was supposed to catch prey, but... I'm so exhausted. Can we go back to camp? I promise the next time we decide to go out, I'll catch as much prey as you ask me to. Just please let me go back to camp and rest."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Acornpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 7 damage and using 10 SP.

Swiftstep:
80/80
155/240

Owl:
25/50
110/120

Acornpaw:
10/20
15/80

Owl is no longer stunned. Owl has fled.

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 20:27

OOC: That's fine! ^-^/ Imma make the hunting patrol soon!

IC: Swiftstep watched the bird of prey fly away. The warrior then turned to look at Acornpaw. "Of course Acornpaw! I was going to suggest we go back to camp. We had an exhausting day today! I'm very proud of how well you fought! You really looked like a warrior. Now let's head back! You deserve a nice, plump piece of prey from the prey-pile and a good rest!" the tom said as he led her back to camp but not before disposing of the fox carcass. It was truly a tiring day.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
cachaemic

cachaemic

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 18:12

OOC: whoosh hi
so, acornpaw's already gotten into another hunting patrol, but i'd still like to put her in one with just swiftstep and her. one, it's logical, and two, there's still a lot of time. acornpaw still needs to attend a gathering, and throughout the time-lapse of the gathering, we could probably get through one patrol and finish it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early hunting:   Early hunting: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Early hunting:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2