Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Dropping the bundle of traveling herbs on the snowy ground, Leopardclaw shook out his pelt before calling into the apprentice's den for his adopted son.  "Newtpaw, it's time to go!"  It was time for his Moonstone trip, which the golden spotted deputy was very proud to be taking him on.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

Number of posts : 1273

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Newtpaw pinned the with that had been flitting around his ears for what seemed like an eternity right when his father called. He looked blankly ahead. They had something planned? The tom stood and moved out the den, the scent of herbs hitting him. Oh, it must be the Moonstone journey. He couldn't say he was quite excited for it. But, he'd try to keep that reserved for now, his father had enough worries without his doubt in StarClan to add to them. At least they'd get to see the other territories, he would never give up on that offer! "Do you think we'll see The Gorge on the way? I've always wondered what it looked like." The tom meowed after dipping his head to Leopardclaw.

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Tumblr_inline_nxdnzzrYTJ1tvy6vg_500

Birchheart ThunderClan Warrior #009999 Newttongue ThunderClan Warrior
#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

My Characters || "Post Here" Page || Trials I Plot Sign Up

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Latest?cb=20130824163422

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Leopardclaw smiled warmly down at the black-and-ginger apprentice, and nodded.  "We won't be passing along the Gorge, but you should be able to catch a glimpse of it."  His son's adventurous excitement warmed his heart, but first things first... "Before we go though, you have to eat these."  He pushed the herbs closer to Newtpaw.  "They'll give you strength for the trip, and stop you from feeling hungry."

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Newtpaw tilted his head and looked at the herbs, he couldn't tell what they were from here. He hurried to eat the herbs, grimacing at the taste but it was over quick enough. It would be worth it to actually see something for once. Newtpaw never understood why the clans stuck to their own traditions, ThunderClan could hunt from the trees if they truly worked toward it. Ah, he was drifting from his focus again! "Alright, let's get going then. We don't want to be stuck in the snow for too long." he meowed, flicking an ear. His father seemed more happy than usual, this must be something big for him. He'd play along if it meant seeing Leopardclaw like this more often.

#ff9900 Wildfire Young Warrior #ff99cc Boarpaw ThunderClan Apprentice #ff6600 Rainpaw ThunderClan MCA DarkSlateGray

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Leopardclaw nodded his agreement with a smile, and began to trot across the clearing towards the gorse tunnel that led out of camp.  Newtpaw was right; they both didn't want to be caught up in the snow for any longer than was necessary.  Not only was it unbearably cold, stuck to your fur, and blocked your path, the substance brought back too many bad memories for the golden spotted tom, of his kithood and early days in the clan.  He couldn't wait for this terrible season to fade away once again.

Glancing over his shoulder occasionally to make sure Newtpaw was keeping up alright, Leopardclaw floundered his way through ThunderClan's snow-bound lands, until they finally climbed down the ridge to Fourtrees.  From there they passed into WindClan's highlands, where they now had a mix of snow and tall grass to contend with.  When they managed to get to the top of a hill though, near a large boulder, the deputy stopped and looked out towards the river.  With a flick of his tail it it's general direction, he meowed; "There it is Newtpaw, the Gorge."  Leopardclaw could say for certain the place was much more impressive when the river was running.  The once grand waterfall had been reduced to a small steady stream, slipping around the ice and frosted rocks that blocked the top of the cliff.  There was only a small spot in the river below, where the stream fell,  that wasn't frozen, but he guessed that even that might freeze if another snowstorm came along.  He felt a bit bad that Newtpaw likely wouldn't see this spot in it's full glory...but he guessed this was better than nothing.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Newtpaw followed his father, enthralled in the chance to see everything. He soaked up the area like moss both in memory... and in the snow that his fur seemed to suck up. When his father took him through the moor, he couldn't believe how empty the space was. You could see everything. He wanted to watch every night from here. No wonder they felt so close to StarClan... Peering ahead, he saw the Gorge. He'd hate to fall in it as much as he wanted to see the bottom. Fluffing up his pelt more to keep the cold out, he smiled. "I thought that being deputy only came with more work. I didn't know you got to see all these things every time you took an apprentice out..." he murmured with a smile. He folded his white ears back and shivered as a gust of wind blew snow at them. Was WindClan out in this weather? He'd heard them talking about sleeping under the stars. He hoped they didn't get buried in their sleep...

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

bump))

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Leopardclaw gazed down at Newtpaw as he spoke, with a faint smile, before raising his eyes back upward, towards the Gorge once more.  "Well, this definitely isn't all I have to do on a regular basis...but yes, I never get tired of making these journeys.  The sights outside ThunderClan territory can be truly spectacular."  For a moment, the two cats - father and son - stood on the hill side by side, taking in the beautiful landscape.  Inhaling a deep breath of the cold, fresh air, the golden spotted deputy closed his eyes only for a moment; when they flashed over again though, their hazel depths glowed with resolve.  "Come on, let's go.  There's lots more to see along the way, I assure you."  Lifting his tail to keep it from dragging in the snow, Leopardclaw began to lead the way once more, shifting his way through the vast field of white powder, continuing on their set path.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Newtpaw nodded and followed him, occasionally having to hop out of a snow dune or a deep dip in the moor. Otherwise, he kept up just fine. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the other clans interesting. I wish we didn't fight like this. If we all shared our skills, we'd be better off for sure." He meowed, grateful for his father's bright pelt in the white snow. He'd never lose him with such a contrast.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Leopardclaw didn't take his eyes off of the path ahead, but he pricked his ears - slightly surprised - when he heard Newtpaw speak.  His voice low, the deputy meowed; "Yes, it's a shame that we must fight, but I also don't think that working together would be any better.  Every clan has lived for generations separate from the others, and they have all formed their own techniques, thoughts, and customs.  If anything, forcing ourselves to work together closely would probably only create more tension."  His voice was far from angry, but he did shoot a slightly quizzical glance back at his dark-pelted son.  While the thought of a united forest with no battles was tempting, the logic was just not there for him.

The two cats continued their journey, eventually crossing the border from WindClan territory into unclaimed lands.  They passed the abandoned barn where the battle against Bear had once took place, and weaved their way around Twoleg nests and across stinking Thunderpaths.  Night was beginning to fall when they finally reached the base of Highstones, where Mothermouth lay.  Seeing as darkness was quickly approaching, Leopardclaw wasted no time to rest, and led the way over to the foreboding shadowy tunnel.  Stepping over the threshold, he turned to fix his glowing night-eyes on Newtpaw, and flicked his tail confidently.  "Follow me."  With that, he stepped farther into the cave, and was swallowed by blackness.

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 pm

The tom sighed and nodded. Things were too stuck for a change like that, especially not now. While he normally didn't care about what other's thought, he was bothered by the quizzical look he got.

Newtpaw was exhausted by the time they reached the cave. He watched his father disappear into the darkness and quickly followed. He let a small yelp as he slipped on a piece of ice and kept going with a slower pace. He stopped trying to see in the cave and closed his eyes, using his whiskers, ears, and nose to navigate instead.

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Jan 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Leopardclaw pricked his ears at the sound of Newtpaw's yelp, and turned around to check if he was okay, which it seemed he was.  He could barely see the dark-pelted tom in the pitch-black tunnel, and the deputy's own bright golden form could only faintly be made out ahead.  Using his other senses like his son was, the two cats made their way farther into the caves, keeping a steady pace.  Soon enough, the walls began to widen out, and a dim light could be seen up ahead.  With a soft, relieved sigh, Leopardclaw flicked his tail and stepped into the large cavern, the still dim Moonstone standing tall in front of them.  

Gazing up at the small opening in the cave's ceiling, he could see the light of the moon above beginning to shine; it would pass over in a matter of minutes.  Staying quiet, the spotted tabby tom sat down, signaling for Newtpaw to do the same.  They didn't have to wait very long though; in a blaze of stunning glory the crystal burst into life, glowing and shimmering with the power of a thousand stars.  Every surface - including the cats - was illuminated with the bright light, and when Leopardclaw stood up his body cast a long shadow across the cave.  With a faint smile, the tom meowed instructively; "It's time, Newtpaw.  Step forward and touch your nose to the Moonstone; StarClan will be waiting for you."

Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Newtpaw squinted against the glaring blaze of the Moonstone. Wow. After the awe had ebbed away a little, he remembered what was going to happen. He was going to speak to a StarClan cat. The same ones that had led them to defeat. He'd take in the experience but he would;t trust the advice. He'd just try to enjoy this opportunity. Odds are he'd never see it again until he died. The other ways were laughable for him. He put on a smile for his father and nodded before stepping forward and pressing his nose to the stone with a flinch. Closing his eyes, he wasn't sure what to do next. He opened one slightly with caution and the gasped, went wide-eyed and looked around at the plains of StarClan. He instantly wanted to know how everything worked there. It wasn't bitterly cold like it was in the physical world. Nor was it damp and chilled as it had been in the cave.

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 6:08 pm

"Newtpaw.."

"Newtpaw.."

"Newtpaw..."

A soft breeze ruffled the starry foliage and undergrowth that surrounded Newtpaw carried the faintest hint of a familiar voice, although the speaker of the voice was not yet visible to the eye. A more robust gust of air rattled the unearthly forest, sending up a cloud of faint star-like light rippling into the air all around the young tom. Several voices continued to whisper softly, quietly echoing the dark apprentice's name back and forth for several heartbeats; although the rattling of the branches high above nearly drown out the faint chatter.

"Newtpaw..." The voice sounded a tad bit closer now, ringing out from many different points from within the endless forest that rose up all around them.

"Newtpaw!" And then, all of the sudden, a voice carried out strongly from behind Newtpaw, the words warm and sweet like honey. Standing several tail-lengths behind Newtpaw stood Thistlepaw, whose form rippled and quivered softly with the twinkling light of the stars that now composed her form. The young she-cat's well-fed and sleek appearance hardly resembled the scrawny and blood-drenched apprentice who had been limply dragged back to ThunderClan's camp shortly after the battle. "It's good to see you again."

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Kent Mansley

Kent Mansley

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Newtpaw's gaze darted around as he followed the sound of her voice and his fur puffed up comically when she care from behind him. Turning to face the she-cat, he didn't know how to feel. There stood one of the many leverages used against RiverClan and one of the prices of war. More importantly, there stood Thistlepaw. Her level voice confused him, why was she so calm? He took a step back and gave a slight frown of confusion. "Why are you so calm?" the tom mewed bluntly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey   Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Newtpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: