Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spots (Closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 12:03

Leopardclaw crossed the camp with swift pawsteps, gazing around casually, looking for a familiar scarred brown tabby pelt; he had scheduled he and Specklefang for a patrol to check the RiverClan border.  Tensions between the two clans had begun to grow within the last moon, so the deputy wanted to be sure if there was any possible threat, they stopped it right in it's tracks.  Still, the thought of patrolling alone with the powerful warrior made him slightly...uneasy.  The she-cat's aggressive, dominant tendencies were well known in all the clans, and her stance on outsiders was something Leopardclaw himself strongly disagreed with.  Plus, he didn't forget that she had permanently scarred his former apprentice, Blazingwing.  By no means though was he scared of her; no matter how questionable her methods, she was loyal to ThunderClan through and through, and he respected that.  Her strength would definitely be needed in the moons to come.  Finally, he caught sight of her near the warrior's den; having already told her about the patrol earlier, he simply meowed; "You ready to go?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 12:36

Specklefang's eyes landed on the deputy, her brow raising as she gave a stiff nod. The large she-cat did not think much of the small deputy- at least, small to her. The spotted toms cowardice was the reason why the leaf-bare was going to be much harder than any leaf-bares before, though Specklefang was not alive long enough to experience a leaf-bare she had heard tales of it. Leopardclaw had almost no conviction, no backbone, the fact he wasn't able to tear into Rockthorns throat was proof enough. But the past was in the past, what was she to do?

The large she-cat stumbled to her paws, her muscles shuddering with the effort of trying not to fall over which seemed so much easier. She had to take something for-granted and she was paying the price, but she had to put that behind her for now- pun not intended. Pulling her head up she looked down at the deputy, doing her best to act like nothing was happening to her personally, that everything was just fine. If her mother didn't want anything to do with her, that was fine. Everything was fine. "Yes, are you?" Specklefang challenged coolly, a smirk rested on her mouth as she walked past him, quickly falling when she was facing away.

The she-cat tripped and swayed as she walked, her teeth gritting each time she did so, and her anger growing, frustration feeding the fires that Specklefang struggled to quench. "Let's get this over with." Specklefangs torn ears flicked against her head, her eyes flickering across the camp quickly before disappearing through the camp entrance.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 14:01

Leopardclaw's greenish-hazel eyes narrowed slightly as Specklefang snidely challenged him, but he only nodded stiffly and began to lead the way out of camp, but halted when he noticed the she-cat's odd lack of stability.  The large warrior was tripping over her own paws, and walked like a kit just out of the nursery.  Noticing her injured tail, his eyes widened and he was about to ask if she was okay to go out at all when she swept past him and left the camp.  With a sigh - that came out more like a grumble - Leopardclaw hissed something under his breath that sounded a lot like 'Yes, please.' before following Specklefang out into the territory.  Once he had caught up with her, he pulled a few pawsteps ahead while they walked through the forest towards the RiverClan border, silence falling around them.  After a few shifting glances, the golden spotted deputy spoke up, probably not a smart move.  "With an injury like that, a cat normally would be cooped up in the medicine cat's den."  A simple sentence, but his voice held layers of questioning and faint accusation.  He wasn't trying to look for trouble; but for the sake of the clan, they didn't need one of their strongest warriors injured on the brink of leaf-bare.  Straining herself would only make the consequences of that injury worse...

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 17:07

Specklefangs eyes flicked over to look at Leopardclaw briefly before looking away again, a 'tch' making it past her maw. "I can't afford to sit around when there's plenty of work to be done. If it weren't for me this patrol would be done alone, every other cat too busy to do a patrol or having already done their fair share of patrols, am I wrong?" Specklefang meowed sternly, huffing as she took yet another wrong paw step before shaking it off like it never happened.

"Not only that, but this is likely the most secure Thunderclan has been since Rockthorn. The camp walls are as strong as the thickest trees, all the elders are tick and flea free with comfortable nests. All the dens are fortified and draft proof accompanied by warm nests. But there is still lots to be done, the fresh-kill pile needs to be stocked, the medicine cats herbs need to be re-stocked and plenty of apprentices need to be trained." Specklefang spat, the large she-cat spent all her free time working on the camp walls, constantly scouring for weaknesses or imperfections. Ordering her two apprentices to build the nests and make sure the elders were in perfect condition and to seal up any holes in the dens, anything she could think of. Specklefang thought that her hard work ought to have some recognition but she did not expect it, after all, it was her duty.

"With Leaf-bare on the horizon, not one cat should rest, we were not able to eat any of our fill with the fire damage and lack of prey," Specklefang muttered, scratching at the border to leave her scent before promptly spraying. "So pardon me for not lazing the day away in the sun while my tail healed." Specklefang huffed before turning to the deputy once more with a snort. "There's a reason why I'mso buff"
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyFri 10 Nov 2017 - 16:12

Leopardclaw listened in silence as the two cats continued walking towards the borderline, trying his best to keep the fur along his spine from prickling in annoyance and concern.  Re-marking the border alongside her, the spotted golden tom-cat thought for a moment before opening his muzzle, his voice understanding but stern.  "It is true Specklefang, that ThunderClan has a lot of work to do to prepare for the cold moons ahead.  We are definitely at a disadvantage...but Blizzardstar and I don't expect any of our clanmates to work themselves beyond their means...and that includes you."  Not wanting to stand vulnerable so near to the RiverClan border, Leopardclaw continued walking and flicked his tail for the younger she-cat to follow.  "Every ThunderClan cat will need to give their all these next moons...from the youngest apprentice to the most senior warrior.  We have many helping paws, I have no doubt that Honeyspark's herb collection will be filled before the first snows, and the great job our mentors are doing training our young will continue..."  Meeting the large she-cat's green gaze, his hazel eyes flashed seriously.  "...but really Specklefang, will you be able to continue helping like you have been if your tail gets infected, or injured further?  What if that possible weakness leads to you being susceptible to whitecough, which could further into greencough?  If that happened, you're life won't be the only one at risk!  Don't get me wrong, your contribution to ThunderClan is not something I take for granted.  Your strength and skill is an asset to this clan that you should take great pride in.  It is for that reason, that I insist you allow our medicine cat to do her full job on you after this patrol.  You need to look at the bigger picture; this kind of behavior is a sign of foolishness...not strength."

It wasn't just Leopardclaw's common sense that told him he might have overstepped his boundaries; the flame of anger he was fully expecting to flare in Specklefang's eyes loomed over him like an enraged badger, so he tried his best to push the conversation in a direction less confrontational.  "I remember I told your daughter something similar at our first training session...Sharppaw is a skilled apprentice, she's progressed quickly not only just in fighting and hunting techniques, but in attitude." With a slight huff of a laugh, Leopardclaw purred.  "She's still a spitfire, that's for sure, but I am beginning to see the qualities of a warrior within her.  Her ceremony is definitely not far off."  Falling silent, the deputy continued marking the border as they went, gazing down at the sparkling waters below them as he tried to calm his pounding heart.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 11:44

Specklefang bit back any stinging retorts she might have, a sigh wooshing out of her nose harshly as she seemed to hang her head. "Yeah, you're right... I can see why Blizzardstar chose you as deputy. Though I'm not happy about it, believe me. I'd rather drop dead than stop working." Specklefang gave a sarcastic huff, turning her head to look at her tail with a searching eye. "I can't even feel it." She muttered before turning back to look at Leopardclaw. "Let's get this patrol over with so I can take a nap." Specklefang joked lightly, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "Maybe when we get back my kit will finally be a warrior." Giving the spotted deputy a tap with one of her large paws before once more taking the lead.

Soon, it started to snow, white little balls of coldness falling from the sky. Specklefang stopped immediately in her tracks to stare in wonderment, green eyes sparkling despite one being blind. A small snow-flake landed on her scarred nose, her eyes blinking rapidly as she stared at it with crossed eyes. Specklefang was confused, what was this stuff? Was- Was this snow? If it was it was amazing! Specklefang had never felt so comfortable in such a temperature, Greenleaf, Newleaf, Leaf-fall, all of it was unbearable- but Leaf-bare had made her happier than she had ever been. Apart from her kits- they made her happy as well. Specklefang's jaws snapped around several snow-flakes in her wonderment before staring at the ground, watching the snow-flakes stick to the blades of grass.

Until she realized that she was on a patrol and had to be working hard, not having fun and prancing around like a little kit! Licking her maw she tried hard to ignore the snow, no shivers shaking her body though, her paw pads were a bit numb. Something that she found she loved, something new she wanted to watch and observe and it was being denied. Specklefang brushed against the borders, scraping her paw pads against the ground to leave her scent.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) EmptyWed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:39

Leopardclaw was deeply surprised by Specklefang's...calm reaction to his advice.  She, agreed?  She... complimented him?! Had some RiverClan cat slipped across the border when he wasn't looking and replaced Specklefang with her much nicer twin?  On the outside though, Leopardclaw only nodded approvingly and continued on with the patrol.  Feeling something wet and cold drop onto his nose, the golden tom looked up through narrowed eyes to see that it had begun to snow.  He watched his clanmate's playful reaction to the white flakes with slight amusement, but the sight of this weather only reminded him of the past.  Memories flooded back to him as he remembered how numb his body had become when his mother had dropped him into the snow, the tingling feeling in his freezing paws as he was carried back to his new home...trudging through the territory on patrol, without a purpose, without passion.  Numb, dead, cold...just like leaf-bare.  Just like snow.  With a rumbling growl, Leopardclaw turned his paws onto the path ahead, his posture suddenly quite stiff.  "Come on, let's hurry this along and go back to camp."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spots (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spots (Closed)   Spots (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spots (Closed)
Page 1 of 1