Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Sun's Clouds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 16:26

Sunpaw was angry. Angry at Leafstorm, angry at her parents, angry at Specklefang.

After moons in that wretched cave, her mind had gone a little awry. She was sometimes seen talking to cats that weren't there, greeting them as old friends. She boxed the air around her during little fits she had and groomed her once-lustrous fur so often it was missing in most places.
She had done her best to keep her declining sanity a secret, and had hidden it from most cats.

Not today, though.
She grumbled angrily, turning to Specklefang with unseeing eyes. "Specklepaw, let's get this over with. I need to have a talk with Darkstar about my training. Yes."
She turned and trotted off quickly, her emaciated form moving with surprising agility although her legs moved jerkily.

She lead the way to the gorge, leaning over it slightly before looking back at her companion, her green eyes narrowed slightly. She straightened up, her ears alert. Her fit was over, and she was in complete control of her body. "I can't see anything. Still, why don't you have a look? It wouldn't kill you, would it?"

Anonymous

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 16:39

Specklefang limped after Sunpaw, bothering and aching to the core. What was so important that she had to be dragged from the medicine cat den to see and investigate? What was so important that Sunpaw had to pick Specklefang? Groaning softly Specklefang tried to keep up with Sunpaw's gate, trying to suffer her pain silently. When she asked for her opinion she padded up to the edge, her leg shuddering. "I've got one eye that works, Sunpaw. What am I looking for again?" The she-cat growled, the pain making her irritable.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 16:43

Sunpaw grinned, inching closer behind her. "There! D'you see it? It looks kinda like..."

Everything she had ever done flashed before her mind. What she was about to do would change her life forever.
Should she do it?
Could she do it?

But if she didn't, Leafstorm would forever be out of her reach. Specklefang would destroy everything she ever had.

Her eyes glazed over and her whole body went rigid.

"Bye bye. Yes, yes!"The golden she-cat gave Specklefang a strong push, a sick smile spreading on her face.

Anonymous

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 16:58

Specklefang careened off the side, her eyes widening in shock as her body twisted and her paws and claws tore into the dirt her bad shoulder being wrenched and the wounds opening up. Gasping Specklefang glared up at Sunpaw, her teeth baring. "I knew it." Reaching a paw out she snagged Sunpaw's leg and pulled her towards her, and in the same precarious situation as her. Though it wouldn't last, the dirt was crumbling under her paws and her shoulder was making her vision fade.

Her feet kicked at the wall of the gorge until she planted them on a ledge and pushing herself up, rolling away from the ledge. Turning back to look at Sunpaw, hate in her eyes as she limped towards her. "I always knew there was something bad in you. You couldn't just move on and let me be happy, could you? I tried to make amends and be friends or something close to it, but your pride got in the way." Specklefang growled, watching her struggle coolly.
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 17:04

Sunpaw shook her head, her eyes widening as she saw what had happened. "No!" She lunged forward, but Specklefang managed to pull her down.
Sunpaw's claws scrabbled for purchase. The ground was falling from underneath her, and there as a dizzying drop below her.
"No! It was an accident, I swear it was!" She wailed. "Please,
you have to believe me! I'm Leafstorm's sister, I would never-"

She slipped closer to the edge and her eyes widened. "Specklefang!" She sobbed.

It was far too late.

She was hanging by one paw now, her green eyes staring down into the gorge below. She looked back up at Specklefang, her lips moving soundlessly as she gulped air desperately. It was as if her lungs knew that their job was nearly done.
"Please!"

Anonymous

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 17:25

Specklefang, no matter how much she hated Sunpaw she was no murderer... despite the ceaseless taunts, despite all the fighting, despite everything. She stared blankly down as Sunpaw begged and pleaded for her to save her life, the whites of her eyes flashing out of fear. She wanted to let Sunpaw fall, let her suffer, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. It was pitiful to see Sunpaw shuddering and shaking out of terror.

As she took a step closer, the dirt crumbled and Specklefang was quick to try to grasp Sunpaw's scruff but all her teeth met was air. Eyes widening out of shock she tried to catch Sunpaw with her paw, but she was too late, she was too slow and took too long deciding. "Sunpaw!" She screeched. Oh dear Starclan! What was she going to tell the clan? Tell Leafstorm?
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Sagittarius Monkey

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 17:30

Sunpaw screeched, her paws outstretched as she fell. Her last feeling wasn't one of regret,
or fear.
It was rage.
She howled curses as she plummeted.
"You'll pay! I'll haunt your footsteps from the spirit world! You'll never-!"

Her last words were cut short as she landed with a sickly crack on the stone beside the river. Blood trailed from her mouth and side as she slowly slid into the river, the icy water drenching what little fur she had left.

Sunpaw was gone, but her spirit lingered on.

"Wha!"
Sunpaw leapt to her feet, looking around suspiciously. "Where am I? Leave me alone!"

The Sun's Clouds Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun's Clouds   The Sun's Clouds Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun's Clouds
Page 1 of 1