Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Characters : [C] - Cloudroar | [F] - Frostwing | [La] - Lakewhisper
Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1658

A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] Empty
PostSubject: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 21:20

Swiftheart got up from his spot where he'd been relaxing and shook out his fur, careful not anger his healing wounds. They were finally attempting to heal and they didn't bother him so much anymore, which was great because now he had an apprentice to train. He decided today was going to be the day he took Crowpaw out to train, so he scanned the clearing for him. Spotting the black-pelted tom he began padding over to him. "Crowpaw, ready for training?"

My Characters
Post here if you need me!
A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] Sign_s13
A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] Rq_11_10
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Clan/Rank : SC Kit RC Kit SKC Kit
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1177

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 21:58

He would have to get used to waking up early from now on. Since he was an apprentice Crowpaw started waking up earlier and taking more tasks! Such as going on patrols, hunting and even helping out the clan elders. Walking out of the apprentice den Crowpaw had glanced around the camp, it seemed a little quiet he figured that most of the apprentices were already out training. His ear twitched when Swiftheart had appeared, ready for training? Of corse he was! The black tom gave his mentor a swift nod, "Yes of corse."
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Clan/Rank : [C] - SkyClan Senior Warrior Tom. [F] - SkyClan Young Warrior She. [La] - RiverClan Experienced Warrior Tom.
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 14:33

Swiftheart smiled at his eagerness and nodded, "Alright then, lets go." He meowed before padding out onto the moor. This was his first apprentice after having returned from being taken by twolegs a while back, and he was glad Ashstar gave him such an eager apprentice.

After they had been walking for a little while, giving the tom a chance to take in his surroundings, he stopped and looked at Crowpaw. "Okay, what do you smell?" He asked, while also taking in the scents around him.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 14:51

Crowpaw followed Swiftheart, he didn't really know his mentor very well so he was interested to learn more about him. As he glanced around the territory he was amazed at how much snow was outside of camp. Crowpaw enjoyed the snow he wasn't bothered about the cold feeling when you stepped in it at all. When Swiftheart suddenly stopped Crowpaw almost bumped into him but he was able to stop himself. His ear twitched when he had asked what he smelled, taking a deep breath he sniffed the air as well. "Rabbits" He said with a shrug, he wasn't very eager to catch rabbits since he wasn't the fastest runner. "Don't think I would be able to catch one tho.. Im not very fast."
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 15:08

Swiftheart watched his apprentice scent the air and nodded approvingly when he told him he smelled rabbits. "Very good, but you don't necessarily have to be a fast runner to catch a rabbit. Sometimes, if your very careful, you can sneak up on them and finish them before they even have a chance to run. Though, I think you'd be surprised at how fast you can be if you work hard enough." He told Crowpaw earnestly. Not everyone was born with natural speed. "Show me how you would go about catching one. Don't be embarrassed if you mess up. You won't get it perfectly right away." He needed to know how much he already knew and what he needed to improve on. He already knew Crowpaw didn't have very much confidence in his speed, so he noted in his head that they'd need to work hard on that.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 15:28

Crowpaw nodded he figured that Swiftheart wanted to see his hunting crouch. He did practice this when he was a kit with some of the apprentices they figured they would be helpful and help teach the kits some things they would need to know as an apprentice, and one of them was learning how to have a good crouch. Crowpaw always doubted his hunting abilities he was a little to big and couldn't really be quiet and he also had a thick black pelt that didn't help him with his surroundings, still he wanted to do his very best! The young tom had crouched down in a unbalanced hunters position. He felt uncomfortable in this position it made his back hurt! Grunting the tom glanced a little to his right where he saw Swiftheart. "Does this look good?" He mewed not getting up yet.
Back to top Go down
Sunlit
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sunlit

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptySat 24 Dec 2016 - 19:35

Swiftheart watched as Crowpaw attempted his hunting crouch. It wasn't bad for his first time, but it wasn't perfect, as he had expected it wouldn't be. "Close, but not quite. Lower your tail a bit, and don't arch your back so high." He instructed, laying his tail over his back until it was right and doing the same with his tail. "It gives you more balance and coverage. Now, try putting your hind paws a bit closer together, but not so close to where its uncomfortable." He meowed nodding approvingly when he fixed his paws. "Perfect. Now always make sure your belly fur isn't dragging against the ground. It can, and will, cause a lot of noise and alert your prey of your presence. And step lightly and carefully." He told his apprentice smoothly. He paused to let the information he had just given Crowpaw sink in.

"Alright, now I know it's a lot to take in, but I want you to try it out. Try to catch something keeping the knowledge I just gave you in mind. Don't doubt yourself." He meowed, sitting down and wrapping his tail around his paws to wait.

My Characters
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:58

As Swiftheart instructed him, Crowpaw tried his best to follow what he was saying he lowered his tail and lowered his back until he felt his tail was no longer on him. He shifted his paws closer together and soon his hunters crouch looked a little more correct. "Hows this?" Crowpaw said with a grunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]   A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Swift Crow's Training [[Closed]]
Page 1 of 1