Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Is My Cat Accurate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Characters : Blizzardsky / Sablefur / Palepaw / Larktalon / Patchface / Rowancloud / Sedgeclaw / Owlfang / Pinepaw / Thornpaw / Gorsepaw / Toadpaw / Muddykit / Rookpaw / Daypaw
Clan/Rank : [M] RiverClan Apprentice [R] ShadowClan Apprentice [D] ThunderClan Apprentice
Pisces Cat
Number of posts : 5344

Is My Cat Accurate? Empty
PostSubject: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 15:05

This thread is to see if your cat is genetically accurate. This is not to bash anyone's cats. This is simply for fun and to see how realistic some cats are. I'm not expecting everyone's cats to be accurate. I just want to practice my genetic skills and to show people interesting facts on their fictional characters.

Rules

• Give the parents of the cat(s) in question.
    This includes appearance, markings, fur length, etc.
  • Provide equal amounts of information for each parent.
    If you only provide a specific trait on one parent, I can’t do anything with it unless you provide it on both.
    If you list one parent as a shorthair, but don't provide the other parent's fur length, I can't help you there.
  • Solid white cat's fur is a "mask" to their real color.
    It is underneath of the white. You will have to tell me what color the cat would have been, its markings, if it was a tabby, etc.

My Inaccurate Cats

Pinestar- Her eyes are blue. This is nearly impossible for a cat with no white. She was also black and brown and wasn't considered a tortoiseshell.
Sablefur- Neither of her parents had manx tails. She also had the sepia gene, which neither of her parents had.
Palepaw- Neither of his parents are white.

#826644 - #DAA520 - #CEB180 - #808000
Is My Cat Accurate? N6a5zHfIs My Cat Accurate? IMrnxD6Is My Cat Accurate? GMXQgOOIs My Cat Accurate? JySwIyJ
Muddypaw - Rookpaw - Daypaw - Specklekit
Is My Cat Accurate? GMUOTJ6

Last edited by Pinely on Wed 23 Sep 2015 - 15:34; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 17:04

http://prntscr.com/8jet0k Specklefur's parents.

Rowanblaze: Dark russet Norwegian forest cat with long fur and tabby-like markings, is rather tall for his species. His paws are a sketchy black that fades on the top and bottom of his legs / paws.

Daisymask: Tall and skinny with a long brown stripe down to the tip of her tail, had brighter tan paws like on her face,violet eyes. Is a short fur.
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Characters : Blizzardsky / Sablefur / Palepaw / Larktalon / Patchface / Rowancloud / Sedgeclaw / Owlfang / Pinepaw / Thornpaw / Gorsepaw / Toadpaw / Muddykit / Rookpaw / Daypaw
Clan/Rank : [M] RiverClan Apprentice [R] ShadowClan Apprentice [D] ThunderClan Apprentice
Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 20:49

John Watson wrote:
http://prntscr.com/8jet0k Specklefur's parents.

Rowanblaze: Dark russet Norwegian forest cat with long fur and tabby-like markings, is rather tall for his species. His paws are a sketchy black that fades on the top and bottom of his legs / paws.

Daisymask: Tall and skinny with a long brown stripe down to the tip of her tail, had brighter tan paws like on her face,violet eyes. Is a short fur.

I'm assuming Specklefur is a brown tabby? Are they white markings or gray markings?

Is My Cat Accurate? N6a5zHfIs My Cat Accurate? IMrnxD6Is My Cat Accurate? GMXQgOOIs My Cat Accurate? JySwIyJ
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 20:55

http://prntscr.com/8jgidt Specklefur looks like this.
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 21:10

John Watson wrote:
http://prntscr.com/8jgidt Specklefur looks like this.

Oooh, I remember drawing Specklefur <3 Cute design.

She resembles a "shaded lilac cat" due to the darker shading near her upper body and gradually lightening to lilac near her lower extremities. However, her parents don't carry the "shaded" gene, so Specklefur would be genetically inaccurate.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 21:17

As in the darker tabby markings - base coat - under belly??

Because her father follows the same pattern ish, not like all his throat though??
Back to top Go down
Toy

Toy

Characters : {L}oudkit // {Ca}ramel Apple
Clan/Rank : Some returning nerd from long ago!
Cancer Number of posts : 2240

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 3:58

I have an easy one.

Silkcloud's Mommy

Silkcloud's Daddy

And, of course Silkcloud

Haha. Coalfur and some random NPC... Haha. Get ready to add her to the "Inaccurate" list...

Loudkit of RiverClan~6600ff ~Caramel Apple, Rogue~996600
Back to top Go down
Bloom

Bloom

Characters : (F)rozenflame ||| (E)mberleaf ||| (B)lazingleap ||| (A)dderpaw||| (C)rowpaw ||| (G)ingerkit
Clan/Rank : (F): Thunderclan/Deputy ||| (E): Windclan/Elder ||| (B): Thunderclan/Newly Appointed Warrior ||| (A): Shadowclan/Apprentice ||| (C): Riverclan/Apprentice
Leo Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 15:05

Okee...

Mum- Hollyberry- pure black she-cat with bright green eyes. Long whiskers. No markings. Short fur. Fluffy tail.
Pop- Blazingheart- ginger tom with amber eyes. Medium whiskers. Classic tabby markings. Short fur. Slim tail.

Son- Frozenflame- grey tom with amber eyes. Medium whiskers. Ginger spots. Short fur. Slim tail

Is My Cat Accurate? Image13

Is My Cat Accurate? Roh7nXW
Back to top Go down
Topaz

Topaz

Characters : CK, Cloudkit O, orbit ML, Marigoldleaf LS, Lightningstrike, TB, Treebranch , TIP, Tinypaw C, Clyde, B, blizzard SP, Sootpaw HP: Hailpaw
Clan/Rank : (A) = alive (D) = deceased mL: Shadowclan Warrior(A) O: rouge(D) B: rouge(D) Sootpaw: RC apprentice(A) LS: RC warrior(D) TIP: WC apprentice(D) TB: TC warrior(D) HP: WC apprentice(A) CK: skc kit (D)
Pisces Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 15:09

mine's gonna be so inaccurate.. LOL

Blizzard's mum

Blizzard's dad

Blizzard!

Blizzard of Boneclan
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyWed 23 Sep 2015 - 15:30

John Watson wrote:
As in the darker tabby markings - base coat - under belly??

Because her father follows the same pattern ish, not like all his throat though??
Does he? I couldn't see the pattern very well.
He resembles a Somali cat, but their genotype doesn't include the shaded gene. Unless you think Specklefur would also be a kind of Somali cat, she would remain to be inaccurate. ^^;

Toy Roblox wrote:
I have an easy one.

Silkcloud's Mommy

Silkcloud's Daddy

And, of course Silkcloud

Haha. Coalfur and some random NPC... Haha. Get ready to add her to the "Inaccurate" list...

Silkcloud would be considered inaccurate because neither of her parents are white. ^^

Marcel wrote:
Okee...

Mum- Hollyberry- pure black she-cat with bright green eyes. Long whiskers. No markings. Short fur. Fluffy tail.
Pop- Blazingheart- ginger tom with amber eyes. Medium whiskers. Classic tabby markings. Short fur. Slim tail.

Son- Frozenflame- grey tom with amber eyes. Medium whiskers. Ginger spots. Short fur. Slim tail
Frozenflame appears to be a tortoiseshell. He would be accurate if he were a female, as toms are almost never torties. And, even if he was a tortoiseshell, he would be sterile (unable to produce children). However, I notice he is one of the most fruitful toms on WCC (12 children jeez XD). So, unfortunately, I'll have to say he's inaccurate.

Topaz wrote:
mine's gonna be so inaccurate.. LOL

Blizzard's mum

Blizzard's dad

Blizzard!
Blizzard is a spotted tabby. Neither of his parents have this gene. Also, he's a silver tabby, and his parents don't have the silver gene either. ^^

Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 13:11

Well, I have no idea how to tell what coat color a white cat has underneath. I think I'll just make it up cx

Swanfur(mother)- white short-furred cat with amber eyes. Grey tabby underneath? lol idk
Spoiler:
Mothpelt(father)- short-furred(?) pale ginger tabby with white markings. Amber (or possibly green) eyes.
Spoiler:

Lightfoot- white short-furred cat with blue eyes. Ginger underneath? XD
(Pic in signature)

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Is My Cat Accurate? 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 13:38

Sun wrote:
Well, I have no idea how to tell what coat color a white cat has underneath. I think I'll just make it up cx

Swanfur(mother)- white short-furred cat with amber eyes. Grey tabby underneath? lol idk
Spoiler:
Mothpelt(father)- short-furred(?) pale ginger tabby with white markings. Amber (or possibly green) eyes.
Spoiler:

Lightfoot- white short-furred cat with blue eyes. Ginger underneath? XD
(Pic in signature)
You can tell by the parents of the white cat. Since the white gene eliminates all pigment of the color it WOULD HAVE BEEN, the cat is born white.

Lightfoot would be accurate if he weren't a ginger masked by white fur. He would have to either be black or gray underneath. Or, alternatively, his mother would have to be ginger underneath. Other than that, accurate cat. <3

Back to top Go down
Pinely-san

Pinely-san

Pisces Cat

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? EmptyFri 9 Oct 2015 - 15:12

bump uvu

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is My Cat Accurate?   Is My Cat Accurate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is My Cat Accurate?
Page 1 of 1