Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spottedfeathers Leader Ceremony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose

Rose

Clan/Rank : [Sp]TC Leader [St]RC Elder [N] TC Medicine Cat [O] TC Apprentice [E] TC Apprentice
Taurus Cat
Number of posts : 1838

Spottedfeathers Leader Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Spottedfeathers Leader Ceremony   Spottedfeathers Leader Ceremony EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 19:42

Fresh grief tore through her as she tried to quickly pad to the Moonstone, but her paws kept dragging. Spottedfeather’s head was low and her ears pinned against her head as she made her way with Nightfire close behind her. Him being just as grief stricken as her, but much more collected about it. It quickly started to pour, plastering her long fur to her frame, and making water stream down her face and into her eyes. Stopping under Mothermouth, she let Nightfire lead the way, him saying something about not mentioning her dream to anyone. Nodding absently, she followed him into the tight space, glancing at the bright Moonstone. Padding up, she lied down, touching her nose to the cold stone, slowly drifting into a sleep.

Opening her eyes, Spottedfeather saw herself in Fourtrees. Nine cats quickly coming from the sky. The first cat that appeared was maple brown she cat with a white underbelly and green eyes. Once the she cat approached closer, she gave a gasp. It was Redshade’s sister, Mapleheart. She smelled of Shadowclan, but she had been on their side when a fight commenced at the Thunderpath. Redshade and Soulfang ganged up on her son, Addertail, almost killing him, but Mapleheart was on their side, fighting to protect Addertail.

Mapleheart gave a smile before continuing on with her duty. “Greetings  Spottedfeather. It is time for you to lead Thunderclan, are you ready to receive your nine lives?” Spottedfeather held back a choke at the memory of her leader, dead from rats. “I am” she said, raising her head higher. “Then I shall give you your first life. With this life I give you justice, to decide the right from the wrong and to help the greater good.” She touched noses with the Shadowclan she-cat, and anguish flowed through her veins, causing a pain like no other, then a cool wisdom washed over her. Giving a calm relief that made her might clear and her heart strong.

The she-cat joined back the ranks, and a familiar face came forward. Her father, Redheart. She stood there, waiting for him to say something, but he only gave a smile and continued. “With this life, I give you compassion, to feel what others feel, other clan or not. Don’t turn a blind eye.” They touched noses and loneliness washed over her, sarrow and grief. This was another cats feelings, but as soon as she figured that out, they washed away.

Redheart disappeared into the bunch of cats, and her mother, Gingerfur, came forward. She was a big warm smile but gave no other words than the formal. “With this life, I give you love. To mother over your kin and clanmates. To love all precious to you and to protect with everything you have.” Once that happened, they touched noses, but no pain came with this life. Only love and happiness, which she knew well, but this was stronger. It was stronger that what she already felt for her clan, and it renewed her being.

As her mother left, her sibling came from the ranks, Dapplekit. Her small body, so tiny compared to hers. She felt herself stop and stare at the innocence in the tiny kits eyes, her death way too soon. She pranced up and spoke, so happy. “With this life, I give you patience, to wait on the weak and wait until the time is right. Never be too hasty.” She bent her head to touch noses with Dapplekit, feeling a quiet calm come over her, slowing her brain down, giving her time. It faded as did Dapplekit, who joined the ranks of Starclan.

An older face came up to her, Dewstars old leader, Mossstar. He gave a quick nod of acknowledgement before continuing. “With this life I give you leadership. To lead your clan and take charge, showing the way for your clanmates.” It was a quick moment, but they touched noses and she felt pain and wear and tear on her. Like she had been exhausted for a long time. But then, a solidness in her heart gave her strength. The feeling faded as fast as it came, and Mossstar retreated back to the row of cats, and next was a cat she had apprenticed.

Rainspot padded forward, her face no longer weary and grey. She was back to how happy she was when she was an apprentice, excited for training. “With this life, I give you endurance. To go through all the hard times and keep leading your clan. To deal with the worst and keep going. Don’t give up.” They touched noses and the pain similar to the last life came to her. But instead it just stopped, giving her a sense of accomplishment. The elder cat left back to the rank, her adopted daughter coming next.

Rookheart came forward, her young body still as it was when she died. She had a hard determined look on her face as she spoke. “With this life I give you fearlessness. Go after any threat that comes your way and never give up. Nothing can stand in your way, deal with the darkness in this world” she mewed before giving a warm smile, showing her affection for her adopted mother. They touched noses and Spottedfeather felt courage and power through her entire body, a spark that felt like she could do anything and nothing would hurt her loved ones without her dead first.

Rookheart padded back as soon as the feeling faded, and a new figure appeared. The eighth cat to step up was the familiar small frame of Swiftnose. His black and white plet was no longer gray and grizzled, but instead starry and smooth. He had his usual lopsided smile and flicking tail. "Hello, Spottedfeather! It's such a pleasure to see you again." He was purring, as he did constantly when he was alive. "Though... the circumstances are not so favorable." He paused and shook his head, as if to clear it. "I'm sorry, I've gotten quite off track. Spottedfeather, with this life I give you faith. You need faith in your Clan and in StarClan. Both ThunderClan and StarClan will be there for you-- ThunderClan to support you, and StarClan to guide you." The former medicine cat finished his monologue and raised his nose to meet with Spottedfeather's.

Swiftnose smiled almost apologetically to her. He would have loved to talk more with her, but his time was up and someone more important needed to speak with Spottedfeather. He turned around and blended back into the other cats without another word. He was right in leaving so soon, though; the final cat was very important. Dewstar strolled confidently from the group of cats, her iconic scars no longer marring her star-dappled pelt. She looked at her deputy with fondness in her eyes, her muzzle curling into a smile. "I'm happy to see that you've gotten on alright without me." Her voice was once more young and strong, just like she looked. "I'm honored to give you your ninth and final life. I know that you're ready to take full responsibility for this Clan, and that you'll make me proud. But then again, I've always been proud of you. You have been my closest friend in life. I hope your deputy is the same for you." She raised her head and cleared her throat, taking on a more formal tone. "With this life, I give you strength. Use it well to defend the weak and weary and to stand up for those who cannot. Use it to protect your Clan and beat down the challenges of the other leaders who doubt you." Dewstar pressed her nose to Spottedfeather's, sending the life jolting through her. Spottedfeather felt like her whole other lives that were given to her were striped from her, nothing there. But then a new found strength went over her, and she was put back together.

The former leader took a step back and addressed her for the last time. "I hail you by your new name: Spottedstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ThunderClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity." She threw her head back and began leading the chant taken up by the whole of StarClan.
"Spottedstar! Spottedstar! Spottedstar!"

Spottedfeathers Leader Ceremony
Page 1 of 1