Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ebonykit's Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Little

Little

Clan/Rank : I'm currently inactive from the site due to life.
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3059

Ebonykit's Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:00

Mallowroot sat up slowly in his nest, his bones stiff as he walked out awkwardly and looked up at the sky. The medicine cat gave out a loud yawn as he quietly made his way toward the nursery, his stiff bones willing him to go back to bed with every step, but he was getting yet another apprentice. He poked his head in the nursery, looking around for the young Ebonykit, trying not to get yelled at by cranky queens.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚

I currently do not have any characters
☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Characters : Stormsong, Doekit
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan Arborist; Mindflayer Enthusiast
Capricorn Dog
Number of posts : 6705

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:10

The small one's brother and sisters were all peacefully asleep themselves, but Ebonykit stood awake, jittery and whispering things excitedly to her mother, who had been told of her ceremony before by Mallowroot. She could hardly sit still, unable to help but squirm around in complete excitement. The calico tried to keep her voice down, to not wake the others, though it was a bit difficult for her.
"Is it a long walk to Highstones?"
"Very, especially since Mallowroot is so old. Don't run ahead of him."
"And then I'll meet StarClan?"
"You know that you do, Ebonykit, and you'll see them every half-moon."
"...Do you think that they'll like me?"
"Of course they will. How could they not?"

Mistflower purred and touched her nose gently to her daughters, rather worried that her kit would be going on such a long trip away from home. She worried about monsters, the other clans, and many other of the dangers that awaited her out there. She didn't want to let the cat go, but she knew it had to be done. If it was the wish of Mallowroot, Ebonykit, - and especially StarClan, it had to be done. That was why when she saw Mallowroot enter the nursery, she said nothing to him, simply nudging the little one forward. "Take care!" She called after them both.

With a smile as bright as the stars about them, Ebonykit brushed past the others - her future mentor including, and padded outside. "We're going right now?" she asked, glancing around.

Ebonykit's Ceremony PDt1Qqd Ebonykit's Ceremony Lyl9TWB
Doekit | Stormsong
ThunderClan Kit | ThunderClan T3
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Last edited by Ebony on Fri 2 May 2014 - 23:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:19

Mallowroot flicked his tail and walked out of the nursery, hesitating a quick second to sneeze. He slowly started toward the camp entrance. "Follow, Ebonykit," he yawned, beckoning the kit forward. As usual, the kit was jumpy and full of energy after a nap. Oh StarClan, here we go, he sighed, thankful he'd be able to train another apprentice before he, too, went to StarClan. 'Cause I'll probably kill him off soon. He can't be a god cat, ya'know.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:26

Ebonykit didn't seem to mind his worn-out nature in the least, having gotten used to it after moons of helping him around the medicine cat den as it was. "Yes, Mallowroot." She said obediently, but cheerfully, padding after him and following him wherever he went. Poor Mallowroot. qwq

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Little

Little

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:34

ooc: Did you sense something? Something like perhaps a really shetty joke coming on? I don't know, I'm just a big moron sometimes. All the time, really.
Huehuehuehue

~Time Skip~

Mallowroot walked into the dark, seemingly lonely cave, Ebonykit trailing behind him. The medicine cat had just wanted to go back to camp and sleep, just to prepare for training the kit, so he tried to keep up best he could. He sat down lazily next to the Moonstone, shining brilliantly and illuminating the whole cave with its glow. He closed his eyes, just half a foot away from the stone. He hesitated a moment before opening his eyes, gazing into the moontstone.
"StarClan," he whispered, "I have brought this kit, wishing to learn the ways of a medicine cat." He beckoned Ebonykit forward with his tail. "Now," he mewed softly, "Touch your nose to the moonstone," he told her.

☼*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫

Back to top Go down
Ebby

Ebby

Capricorn Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 22:30

The small she-kit flicked her ears. Some uncomfortable feeling told her that that wasn't exactly how the ceremony was supposed to go, but who was she to argue with the elder tom? With a flick of her little tail, Ebonykit cautiously approached the stone, laying next to it and tapping it gently with her nose. The Moonstone was incredibly cold to the touch and sent a chill throughout her entire body. She felt her eyes droop immediately, a blackness draping over her, and for a moment she felt like she was flying.

The calico blinked her eyes open again, confused at first. The grass was strangely sweet and it tickled at her nose. Sitting up and glancing around, she realized she had no idea where she was. It looked like home, but with a quick glance into the sky - she knew immediately that it wasn't. The moon hung in the sky, though there wasn't a single star to be seen. The stars were scattered around the horizon, though only a small group of them approached. She saw an strange tabby with the familiar scents of herbs about him, the pleasant and bitter aroma also clung to the older tom next to him, a large brown and ginger tabby. There was a much smaller tom that resembled him ever so slightly, although he was smaller and gray, he stood far more proudly. Much like the fluffy ginger she-cat next to him.

"Welcome, Ebonykit." The largest tom stepped forward. "I'm Softwhisper. I was mentor to Mallowroot."

For a moment, she could only stare in bewilderment before dipping her head back in greeting. She watched the first cat step forward, "And I'm Hailstorm. If fate had differed, I would've been your mentor." Ebonykit gazed at him for a few moments, wondering what he had meant before seeing a few hideous scars lined in the side of his star-lit pelt. It caught her off guard and sent a ghostly shock down her spine.

The two toms looked to each other for a moment before nodding in unison. Hailstorm stepped forward. "Ebonykit, is it your wish to become ShadowClan's medicine cat?" He asked, blue eyes glinting.

She seemed almost hesitant, collecting herself and taking in a deep breath, the she-cat nodded firmly. She had thought of her family, of her brother and sisters, who would all become warriors without her. Seeming them less was the only thing that held her back in the slightest, but that didn't stop her. "Yes."

He nodded again, speaking louder.  "Warriors of StarClan, hear my call!" Hailstorm's voice rang. Ebonykit blinked, and suddenly, dozens more cat had appeared of all ages. Every time she looked around, a greater numbered gathered.  "She has chosen her path. May she be granted StarClan's wisdom and insight so that she might understand our ways and serve in accordance to our will!" He touched his nose to hers.  "From this day forth, until she has earned her true name, she will be known as Ebonypaw!"

Her eyes grew wide as her new name echo'd all around her. Ebonypaw couldn't help but grin, whether the moment lasted a season or a few heartbeats, she wasn't sure.

The third tom stepped forward. "These are dire times for ShadowClan." He said, "They need guidance more than ever. Serve us well, Ebonypaw." The apprentice wasn't sure what to say, bowing her head. It seemed sufficient enough for him.

Lastly, the she-cat spoke, a fire in her amber eyes. "One day, the clan will be reborn stronger than before, and justice will be served." She meowed firmly, "Before that happens, tell Thrushstripe a poisonous rat remains amongst ShadowClan."

Ebonypaw wondered if she had seen this ginger warrior before, but dipped her head again. The message would be sent. StarClan's first task for her.

"Make us proud, young one." Softwhisper's voice echo'd as the image before her disappeared.

The calico sat up in the cavern of Mothermouth, waking up and looking around for Mallowroot.

Doekit | Stormsong
#5D3FD3 | #446c9f
<| charrie profile |>

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebonykit's Ceremony   Ebonykit's Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebonykit's Ceremony
Page 1 of 1