Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6626

Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony   Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 am

This was surreal, even for him. Pricklebush was used to StarClan imposing their will on him, but the impromptu mid-ceremony vision had been new. And aggravating. The look of frustration in Leopardstar's eyes had been unwarranted- as if he could control their warrior ancestors! However, this time, he would grudgingly admit that at least they hadn't made a bad choice of apprentice. Mosspaw was the she-cat who had thought to check on him and the herbs during the flood, had prepared the den for his return, had studied (apparently) with Amberdawn. And she had the temperament, not at all like him. He'd had to grow into the responsibility. She already had so much kindness and empathy... and here he was, still forcing himself to breathe with the knowledge of his mother's death. In all reality, he'd never recovered from Chervilpaw and Beepaw.

But this wasn't time for him to be depressed. Mosspaw was a good cat. She didn't deserve that. Shaking the negativity out of his head, the medicine cat brought out a bundle of herbs in preparation for their trip to the waiting apprentice. He looked at her almost apologetically as he lay the herbs down. He swallowed his own portion of the bitter concoction swiftly, not even noticing how it seemed to stick in his throat. "You know," he said after a slightly awkward pause, "even though I hadn't been planning to take an apprentice..." His paws shuffled a little bit, but he fixed his sage green gaze on the she-cat's. "...I'm glad it's you. Though I don't love StarClan, for once I believe they made the right call." Compliments didn't often come from his mouth. However, she could use some encouragement, a d everything he said was true.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony   Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 8:03 am

The calico she-cat had busied herself making a permanent nest under the ferns, weaving together the ones that would sway above her head to prevent any leaks onto the moss that she carefully positioned below. She was nervous, a fear of letting down her clanmates, her family, or Pricklebush wriggled at the bottom of her belly, but there was also a spark of determination that kept her paws going. She would work hard, and study harder, until she could be a medicine cat the entire forest could be proud of. Her ears swiveled back at the sound of paw steps, and she backed out of the space of her nest and turned around to see Pricklebush. He gave her a look as he set them down - was that an apology? What were these? She leaned down to sniff at the herb bundle, letting the smell of the herbs within grace her senses. Was that.... Daisy? She delicately opened the bundle to see bits of the broad leaf she recalled finding in a clearing on a far distant shore, Amberdawn padding over to explain their use. At least - that's what she thought it was....

Casting her eyes up to look at Pricklebush, she realized that he ate his own bundle of herbs. Bending her head a little further, she lapped up the herbs as well, blinking and wrinkling her nose slightly at the unexpectedly sour taste. She now understood Pricklebush's look of apology, with as pretty as daisies looked, she had assumed that they would taste better... Now she knew. Her tail flicked slightly as she looked up to meet Pricklebush's gaze with her own. A moment of awkward silence passed, and just as she prepared the break the silence her mentor broke it himself. She blinked in surprise, and then her expression softened and a purr rumbled in her throat. "Thank you, Pricklebush. I'll work hard to be an apprentice you can be proud of." She purred, smiling at the medicine cat. "StarClan seems to work in mysterious ways, and I wish they would have let me know sooner.... Maybe when..." She trailed off as she thought to the WindClan medicine cat that had visited her after the fight with the raccoon. Sageleaf, that was her name. She pondered if the pretty she-cat would walk in her dreams again before realizing that she had been staring off in the direction of the distant shore that had held these memories. A blink broke the trance she had put herself in as she thought back, and she straightened to shake out her pelt and look back to Pricklebush.

"I'm sorry, just thinking back. Was that.. daisy in there? Where are we going to need herbs?" She motioned with her tail to where the bitter herb bundle had been. She waited patiently for Pricklebush's answer as she prepared herself for the journey ahead.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6626

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony   Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Her reply only solidified the feeling in Pricklebush's gut that this was the right choice. He had to admit, it would be nice to have an apprentice helping him out and relieving some of his burden... especially one as kind and capable as Mosspaw. "Maybe we can collect some herbs on the way back," he suggested, getting up and shaking himself off. "Okay, let's go. StarClan awaits."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony   Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Mosspaw smiled at the tom before standing, following Pricklebush as they made their way to Highstones. "I'd like that very much!" She responded, an extra pep in her step as their journey began.

~~Time Skip weeeeeeeeee~~

The area around her was new and completely different from anything she had ever seen. The sky, red with the remaining rays of sunlight that stretched over the high peaks of the stones that reached towards Silverpelt, bathed the new mentor and apprentice pair in it's colors. Her paws were numb at this point, and she found herself grateful for the log journey from the lake back to home, attributing the lack of pain in her paws now to the endurance they had already gone through then. The two waited quietly, patiently, as the sun finished it's descent below the horizon, and the first stars began to twinkle into view. She gazed up at them, in awe of their silent beauty, so far yet so near all at once. What would this night hold?

Her future lay just within this tunnel's walls, and Mosspaw found that she wasn't hesitant at all as Pricklebush led her into the depths. She had made her choice, and had no misgivings towards it. Her hair seemed to be buzzing with anticipation as she followed her new mentor, the walls of the tunnel on all sides. It was uncomfortable, but the knowledge of what lay past them kept her paws moving forward, until it opened up wide and she saw in the dim light from the stars so far above them a pale stone. She looked to Pricklebush, his pale ginger fur made gray in the starlight, before a flash of light practically blinded her. Surprised at the sudden change, she staggered back a step, squeezing her eyes shut tightly. After a couple moments, she tentatively began to open them. Once her eyes had finally adjusted, she stared wordlessly at the Moonstone, her fur beginning to lay flat as a sense of peace and belonging washed over her. Yes, this was where she was meant to be. She turned her head to gaze at Pricklebush, her eyes reflecting the sparkling Moonstone, and waited for him to indicate it was time. Once he had done so, she nodded and settled next to the Moonstone, delicately tucking her paws underneath of her, before taking a deep breath and touched her nose to the cool stone.

It wasn't long before sleep came to her, and even less time before she woke up in what looked like ThunderClan's camp. The ferns that led the way to the medicine cat den rustled gently in the silent breeze. It seemed so real, yet... The camp was completely empty. Hearing paw steps behind her, she turned. Surprise, quickly followed by relief and happiness, flashed across her face as she recognized the starry cat that had appeared before her as Sageleaf, the same she-cat who had reassured and spoken to her after the raccoon fight, when she was fighting for her life. Sageleaf sat before her, tipping her head to the side, something Mosspaw recognized with a small smile. "We meet again, young one. The stars had a different path in mind for you as well, it seems." The pretty StarClan cat blinked, her ear twitching lightly. "You have done well in learning what you needed to, even if the lessons were hard. Are you ready to take on the responsibilities of your new position? It is not one to be taken lightly - there will be much more for you to do." Mosspaw sat across from the StarClan cat as she spoke, her tail naturally weaving over her paws. "Yes, I'm glad that you were the one to come, Sageleaf. It's good to see you again." She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath and thinking back to her family, her clan, her old mentor Emberheart.... Yes, this was where she belonged. She knew what she had to do now, and the path that was set for her was one that she would follow dutifully. With a nod, she opened her eyes again to meet Sageleaf's. "Yes, I'm ready. I acknowledge and accept the responsibilities that come with becoming a medicine cat apprentice, and the consequences should I fail in my duties. I'm ready, Sageleaf." Sageleaf nodded solemnly, before responding. "In that case, as already stated by Leopardstar, until your training is completed you will continue to be known as Mosspaw. Pricklebush, although his journey has been rocky, has learned much in his time, and you would do well to listen and keep his advice and wisdom close at hand. He will guide your paws and walk with you, just as StarClan will in the many moons before you. Congratulations, young one, and I hope our paths will cross again soon. Pricklebush will be expecting you now, so I will leave you with this. Do not let fear of what may happen get in the way of you doing what your heart knows is right, and always remember where it is that your loyalties lie." The starry she-cat dipped her head in acceptance of the new medicine cat apprentice, and Mosspaw returned the gesture as Sageleaf slowly faded from view, pondering the last words from the StarClan cat. Feeling fatigue set back in, she laid back down on the ground, enjoying the comfort that it provided, as the words kept ringing in her mind.

Blinking open her eyes, the calico first saw the pale Moonstone directly in front of her, the glow from it having faded in the pale morning light from the dawn. Feeling a little stiff, she got up carefully and stretched, looking for Pricklebush. It didn't take long to see his figure in the small space, and she opened her mouth to speak before shutting it and simply walked over to stand beside him in silence, waiting for him to lead the way. She was sure that the stars still shone in her eyes, and the feeling of peace that had washed over her was welcome and kind in it's embrace, allowing her to feel that everything, at least at this moment, was at it should be. Things would be okay, for sure.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony   Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Mosspaw's MCA Ceremony
Page 1 of 1